» «
Photo

Iron Man trilogy and Avengers discussion

436 replies to this topic
Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

Heh, I read on IMDB that Al Pacino... was considered for the role of Justin Hammer. What the hell? I also read RDJr. recommended that an Iron Man suit be designed that would fit into a suitcase, like in the comics and the 1994 Iron Man movie. Interesting to say the least.

Also, IM2 is catching flack for straight raping Mickey Rourke and Sam Jackson in terms of pay.

QUOTE (ReelzChannel)
Winning a Golden Globe and earning an Oscar nomination just doesn't seem to pay in the current Hollywood economy. Variety reports that Marvel Studios is offering Mickey Rourke a mere $250,000 (remember, this is Hollywood) to star as the villain in the hotly anticipated Iron Man 2. While The Wrestler star may still be on the comeback trail, the offer seems like a pittance for a sequel to a blockbuster movie that grossed $582 million worldwide.

Marvel is starting to find themselves creating a fairly cheap persona, after low-balling Samuel L. Jackson, who is still not on board to return as Nick Fury, and recently joked with IGN about Marvel's "money problems" saying: "'Iron Man' didn't make much money so they can't afford to pay the rest of us." (Remember: $582 million.)

Incidentally, Marvel, Stan Lee, and others are all being sued for $750 million. Snap.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Regarding Sam Jackson and Mickey Rourke's pay, all that's been made public is the opening offer they made to Rourke, not the final sum. But aye, Marvel are being tight-arsed. I have a real bad feeling about The Avengers, I hope I'm wrong.

The lawsuit sounds like bollocks to me.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

I've been reading the Ultimates, and am truly excited to hear that the movie is inspired by the Ultimate books.

I hope they have a favorite line of mine. When the alien shape shifter Kleiser is beating Capt. America to a pulp, and says, "I've been wanting to eat you since I saw you on the recruitment posters." And Nick Fury comes up and holds a gun to Kleiser's head saying, "Eat this mother f*cker!"

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:43 AM

^ Heh, so Cap is Neo and Nick is Trinity?

And you'll never hear an MF bomb.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, pretty much. But half the agent's face isn't blown off like Herr Kleiser's, and the agent dies unlike Kleiser.

Also some other great scenes I'd like to see is Captain America's fight with Giant Man (over The Wasp), or the Hulk's rampage. The Hulk is awesome in the Ultimate universe, considering he isn't just some benevolent hero, but a out of control beast.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

I didn't like them making him a cannibal and attempted rapist, but he did have some great moments. For example the part where Cap tells Hulk that the invading hordes called Hulk a sissy boy. "Hulk no Sissy Boy...HULK STRAIGHT!".

Hulk's NY rampage from the Ultimates would be so epic on the big screen, him almost killing Giant Man, slugging it out with Thor and with Iron Man tackling him out of the air and crashing into Grand Central Station. I think the Blonksy vs Hulk fight from the Incredible Hulk is a good indication of what we can expect when he goes toe to toe with Cap.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Considering how tame the film version of the Hulk is compared to his comic counterpart, making him this beast able to take on all the Avengers seems like its gonna be a real challenge to convey.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

If the rest of Avengers' films are as good as Iron Man, then I will defiantly be looking forward to this. Though I'm still not sure about it. Especially packing this many films into such a small space of time. It doesn't seem like the characters are getting their own films to flesh out their characters, but rather just to pave the way for an Avengers film. That annoys me slightly.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

Mickey not playing Crimson Dynamo? Source.

QUOTE (Cinema Blend)
With fans and news outlets alike circling possible casting for Iron Man 2 like tiger sharks, its no wonder rumors are popping up left and right. The latest, that Mikey Rourke will join the supporting cast as The Crimson Dynamo, has been nullified by Robert Downey Jr. himself. However, the star does not completely deny that Rourke is involved in the movie in some capacity.

MTV caught up with Downey Jr. on the set of his upcoming film, Sherlock Holmes and questioned him about the most important issue facing our country today: who is being cast in the upcoming Iron Man flick? When asked about Rourke, Downey Jr. responded If he signed on to do it, Im super excited. If hes in Iron Man 2 we have a fantastic shot at doing something interesting. However, the interviewer assumes that Rourke will be playing Crimson Dynamo and Downey Jr. interrupts him, saying Thats actually incorrect. When then asked if Rourke would be playing Wiplash, Downey Jr. responds I can neither confirm nor deny that. Or maybe its some semblance of both.

It appears Rourke isn't set in stone. It's still up in the air and what not.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Goodfella. @ Jan 31 2009, 05:18)
I didn't like them making him a cannibal and attempted rapist, but he did have some great moments. For example the part where Cap tells Hulk that the invading hordes called Hulk a sissy boy. "Hulk no Sissy Boy...HULK STRAIGHT!".

Hulk's NY rampage from the Ultimates would be so epic on the big screen, him almost killing Giant Man, slugging it out with Thor and with Iron Man tackling him out of the air and crashing into Grand Central Station. I think the Blonksy vs Hulk fight from the Incredible Hulk is a good indication of what we can expect when he goes toe to toe with Cap.

That fight with Hulk, when Thor comes out of no where with a bolt of lightning, gave me chills just thinking about how awesome that would look on film. That comic has made me fall in love with characters that I never looked twice at before, Thor and Cap, being the most prominent. Their characters are just so much deeper than I've seen.

Also, this better happen...

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Feb 7 2009, 06:05)
Also, this better happen...

Why that's cheesetastic!

Somehow I doubt it, but that would be freakin' hilarious.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

I just finished watching Iron Man for the second time; since I knew about the secret scene at the end of the credits, I decided to fast forward and watch it. HOLY sh*t! Samuel Jackson was the perfect choice for Nick Fury. I don't think there is anybody else in the world who could of pulled that off like he did.

I was just waiting for him to yell: "I'm motherf*cking Nick Fury! And I'm here to talk about the motherf*cking Avengers Initiative!" tounge.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Feb 9 2009, 21:58)
I just finished watching Iron Man for the second time; since I knew about the secret scene at the end of the credits, I decided to fast forward and watch it. HOLY sh*t! Samuel Jackson was the perfect choice for Nick Fury. I don't think there is anybody else in the world who could of pulled that off like he did.

I was just waiting for him to yell: "I'm motherf*cking Nick Fury! And I'm here to talk about the motherf*cking Avengers Initiative!" tounge.gif

Whoops

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

No, it can't be true. First Rhodes, and now Fury! sad.gif

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

It's about the money. Same thing with Rourke. I say they both tell Marvel to f*ck off and don't do it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

Oh, that would suck. The Ultimate Nick Fury was pretty much created for Sam Jackson to play him in the movie. They even say it in the comic!

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

It hasn't been confirmed that Jackson and Rourke are not in Iron Man 2. It's just been said that the opening offers are sh*tty.

I posted after you before saying the same thing Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake. You penis-face.

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

And a bump.

Sam Jackson, who was on the ropes about reprising his role as Nick Fury at all, is back with a movie-deal as big as his fanclub. 9 F*CKING MOVIES as FURY!

Yes, where at once he wasn't even sure if he'd be in another Marvel flick, he's now signed on to do 9 of 'em. Including roles in Iron Man 2, The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and possibly a stand-alone film titled, The Shield. Part of me wishes that had to do with Michael Chiklis...

Wowza. Now to hear about Rourke's end of it, seeing as Sam is set for a long, long time.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Double-Post Bump, sorry... Alright, some more Iron Man, and Marvel in general NEWS. Let's do it:

Scarlett Johannson is replacing Emily Blunt as Black Widow for Iron Man 2, in a multi-picture deal similar to that of Jackson's. And word is she's doing it for awful pay. The f*ck Marvel? Stop being such cheap bastards.
Source.

Mickey Rourke is finally getting the pay he deserves for his role as Russian villain Whiplash.
Source.

Marvel has released the release dates for a bunch of comic-films (Source):

Iron Man 2: May 7th, 2010
Spider-Man 4: May 6th, 2011
Thor: June 17th, 2011
Captain America: July 22nd, 2011
The Avengers: May 4th, 2012

Christ we're sucking the superhero well dry. I f*cking love it.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

user posted image

icon14.gif

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

Lovin' his collection in the background there.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

Ha ha, awesome.

He's got a pretty good set-up. I'd do that. biggrin.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

Any idea what that brown box is? Looks out of place in that super futuristic room.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ May 1 2009, 16:39)
Any idea what that brown box is? Looks out of place in that super futuristic room.

Knowing Tony Stark; it either contains alcohol or cigars.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Picked up some new info, courtesy of a Sam Rockwell interview.

Rockwell is playing an altered version of geriatric, England native, billionaire businessman Justin Hammer.

user posted image

By altered, I mean Favreau has made Hammer much younger, closer to Tony's age, and has also made him American. Rockwell also said Hammer won't be fighting or flying. In the comics Hammer was a criminal financier, bailing out masked criminals and replacing their equipment and weapons; for a fee of course. So I'm guessing he'll be bailing out Rourke's villain character, Whiplash, in the film. And finally Rockwell said, Theres a lot of improv", so I can only hope there will be some real funny, off-collar jabs between Tony and Justin. Watching the Tropic Thunder outtakes showed me how good RDJr. is at improv.

Also found a bunch of On Set pics, such as:

user posted image

Tony snacking on some doughnuts inside of the big LA doughnut. Also 4 pics of Sam Jackson, 2 in full Nick Fury gear.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

Ha ha, in those small thumbnails he looks see-through!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Just to confirm, is there any news on Terrence Howard coming back as War Machine in Iron Man 2? Or is it still Don Cheadle?

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Howard is not coming back.

Thor casting announcement soon-ish apparently.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

Ugh. That sucks major ass.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 12 2009, 23:18)
Ugh. That sucks major ass.

But Don Cheadle is taking his place and as long as he doesn't put on an English accent I don't see the problem...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users