Photo

Iron Man trilogy and Avengers discussion

436 replies to this topic
K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

gonna see iron man tomorrow. VIP leather seats. large popcorn and large coke. panic.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Has no one watched it yet?

Anyway I already did. To be honest, I was coming into the theater with high expectations after the epicness of The Avengers. I was little bit disappointed, but the movie's still okay I guess. It wasn't what I was expecting, especially the villain. I really want to like this movie, but my expectations got the better of me and I hate myself for that.

I do recommend however to watch it. You guys may like it.

Jarvis is f*cking classy in this one. "Gentlemen..."

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Guess you missed my post on the last page, I saw it on opening day here.

I knew it wouldn't match the Avengers, they're two different movies, but like I said I feel it told a better story than Avengers (whilst I love that movie its a little barebones in terms of plot).

I loved Iron Man 3 though, and it still had its share of funny and awesome moments.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 11:37)
I feel it told a better story than Avengers (whilst I love that movie its a little barebones in terms of plot).

Avengers really has a shallow plot. It's just a pure mindless superhero action movie. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if you've seen all the previous moves. These individual hero movies have much stronger plots IMO. The focus is on one character so it's also easier to have a better plot when you don't have to think about giving so many characters quality screen time.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Alright, so for those who have already watched it.

Did you guys see the after credits scene? If so, tell it here please (with spoiler tags ofc) or just PM me.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

It's nothing big, it's just Tony recounting the events of the film to Bruce Banner, who's fallen asleep as Tony goes on and on. Tony wakes him up, they have a bit of banter before Tony goes back to recounting his story as Bruce falls asleep again.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 15:19)
It's nothing big, it's just Tony recounting the events of the film to Bruce Banner, who's fallen asleep as Tony goes on and on. Tony wakes him up, they have a bit of banter before Tony goes back to recounting his story as Bruce falls asleep again.

Well that sucks, I was hoping some Guardians of the Galaxy stuff confused.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yeah me too. It was more of a "Shwarma" bonus scene and not a "I'm here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative" type bonus scene. It was still fun.

I liked it about as much as Iron Man 2. Which I liked more than most people. It definitely needed more cameos from other Marvel characters. We've come all this way, got Hollywood to understand that the more like comic books these movies are the better, and then they clam up on us and don't put little things like Easter eggs and cameos. I'm just saying, Tony Stark is an Avenger, he has powerful friends, and suddenly when he could use some help, he doesn't make a call to Nick Fury. Not even to help find the Mandarin, or save the President? And that's the President, Captain America would be chomping at the bit to save him. Wasn't even a Hawkeye or Black Widow cameo. I'm not saying it should have been the Avengers 2, I'm just saying in the comics, when a character is an Avenger, the rest of them are not far away and usually have one of them jump in to help. I did like how he narrates the movie, that's something that happens in comics all the time.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I thought this was an exciting new rumor...

David Tennant rumored to play Rocket Raccoon

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Iron Man 3 was a real dissapointment in my opinion.

Sure it had giant explosions but the story was terribly weak and the villain made no sense (that and that they screwed up the Mandarin).

For example;
"Oh yeah I'm working on something that can regenerate plants, it's a bit unstable". Half an hour later: "OH YEAH AND IT TURNS YOU INTO LAVAMAN AT WILL OR SOMETHING!?!?! LOL!"

And ofcourse the ending: IMMA BLOW UP ALL SUITS LOL. "Tony Stark will be back", no sh*t sherlock. Money will be made.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by billy james, 11 May 2013 - 12:10 PM.

I really f*cking hate it when the main villain isn't the main villain but a f*cking puppet to a higher force, now the bearded mandarin had potential to be a great bad guy, but no, flame boy is the main bad guy. now don't get me wrong the rest of the movie a fantastic and to have for Tony to have an army of Ironmen is f*cking awesome

Anyway all up great movie and does the after credit scene confirm a Hulk movie

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Money grossed doesn't mean sh*t. If X-Men 3 grossed 900 mill it would still be bad film. Alice in Wonderland grossed over a billion. While IM3 wasn't a bad film, it's not deserving of the money it's making right now. My opinion has nothing to do with the Mandarin twist, but the whole plot itself. If Tony had a million suits underground, why was he stranded in Tennessee trying to repair one? Why did he travel to Miami in a car? Why haven't any of these IM movies produced a memorable villain? I liked how funny drunk Ben Kingsley was, but Aldrich Killian sucked balls. Tony was never actually Ironman in this movie, unless you call jumping from suit to suit in the final act being Ironman, or controlling a suit via headset being Ironman, they should've just called this movie Tony Stark. This drastic disconnection with the previous Ironman films sucked to. A pop song intro, a 70's style opening credits, the whole Shane Blackness feel it had, I could go on and on. This movie was a letdown, and only hardcore fanboys will convince themselves other wise. I don't care what the general public of 3 year olds, old women, and potheads think, this movie is a 6/10 at best.

Rant Over.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:16 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 14 May 2013 - 08:46 AM.

Saw this yesterday and I wasn't very impressed with the plot twist. When I saw the trailers for Iron Man 1 and 2 and then the movies, I got exactly what I expected. But the trailer for Iron Man 3 was completely misleading. And in a bad way. I expected one thing and got something completely different and it was disappointing.

One small part of me thinks that the plot twist is kind of cool because it was executed fairly well, and it does make sense when you think about it. But the Marvel fan and Iron Man fan in me f*ckin' hates the idea. It felt like the director was taking a piss with the whole thing. I hear people say how it's the best one in the trilogy. Well, the ending is nice. But overall the movie is weak.

And I agree with UrbanTheEmcee. What the f*ck was that all about? It pretty much ruined the entire second act.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I did hate how suddenly Tony doesn't consider himself Iron Man, but the suit is Iron Man, even though in the first movie, the big revelation to himself is that he needs to take responsibility for being Iron Man, and in the second movie when the government is ordering him to hand over the suit, his whole argument is that he is Iron man. I'm not saying that him not wearing the suit is a bad thing, or even connected to this. If they did it right, they could have had a better movie with him dealing with the enemy with his suit off, even though that's what people want to see, him with the suit. The whole thing with the kid seemed like a waste of time, as well. Like an excuse to have Tony talk down to a smart ass kid for a half hour. It also seemed less personal. Yes they kidnap Pepper, and yes Killian had a personal vendetta (no matter how weak it was), but Tony's whole reason for calling out the Mandarin was because of Happy. A third tier character that nobody cares about. I think it would have been better if Rhodie was the one in a coma, and of course joined in on the action at the end(which he practically does anyway).

If I'm going to rank this with the rest of the Marvel cinematic universe films I'd go...

The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America

Iron Man 2
Thor
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk

The last 4 are all closer than the rank suggests, and it doesn't mean I don't enjoy them all.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

nm wrong post

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 19:40)
The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America

Iron Man 2
Thor
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk

Almost the same here. Although I did enjoy Thor and Iron Man 2 just as much as I enjoyed Captain America. But Captain America was set in the WW2 which gave it a whole different vibe from the rest of the movies. It is not a typical superhero movie. Iron Man 3 and The Incredble Hulk are fine, but compared to the rest of them they are rather weak. Can't wait for The Winter Soldier.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

I can't wait for all of them. Winter Soldier, Dark World, Gaurdians of the Galaxy, and the eventual Iron Man 4.

I just wish they'd do a Hawkeye movie based on the current comic run. Think Bourne/Bond/MI meets Starsky and Hutch/the A-Team meets the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users