Iron Man trilogy and Avengers discussion

436 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Looks great. Yeah, Kingsley will be awesome.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

Since this is the Avenger's discussion topic I will ask this question..

Whom do you think is the best Hulk?

user posted image

I think Mark Ruffalo was the best one and hope that he is the one for the Avengers 2 smile.gif

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Mark Ruffalo is signed on for 3 films, I believe.

I think that the Hulk in the Avengers is based on the Hulk from the Edward Norton film. Just some graphical updates to it.

Personally, Norton was a great Banner and so is Ruffalo. So, I say tie. Bana was stuck in an atrocious film with atrocious graphics and an atrocious director. So, unfortunately, his Hulk sucked balls. It had the potential to be amazing but they didn't stick to the comics, they couldn't render the Hulk properly ( I recall reading that his pants are painted onto his legs ).

Mark Ruffalo and Hulk

Looks like 6 movie deal was signed.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

The Ruffalo Hulk, actually looks like the Hulk. As in he doesn't have a baby face, and he doesn't look and move like a ten foot tall body builder. I'm not going to go into the "performance", because Ang Lee knows jack sh*t about what makes the Hulk exciting, and The Incredible Hulk was just damage control to give the Hulk back his respect after Ang Lee, and still wasn't handled right, I feel because of the haste to get it out soon after Iron Man.

Whedon, knew what he had with the Hulk. He knew that people don't want to see the Hulk in love, or the Hulk trying to work through daddy issues, they wanted to see the Hulk smash. And that line in the Avengers when Cap says, "...And Hulk... smash." Then the shot of the Hulk giving that smile and then just going ape sh*t on the Chitauri, that was what the people want. A Hulk that can take on this huge Alien army and turn the tide of the battle when the rest of the Avengers look like they are losing the fight. No offense to Ferrigno and Bixby, but that is the Hulk I hope is remembered as the iconic film/TV Hulk. Hopefully, with the new films, whenever those happen to be released, will take it's cue.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

user posted image
Sh*t, Captain America must want his money back.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 05:54)

And a TV series too. cool.gif

EvrikSaxRUS
  • EvrikSaxRUS

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:14 AM Edited by Girish, 27 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Iron Man 2 is best movie that I ever saw. It was directed by Jon Favreau.
I like this movie very much. I saw it more than twice times.
I really appreciate the work of Jon Favreau. The movie is full of entertainment.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:59 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 28 October 2012 - 05:07 AM.

Has anyone seen the 10 disc "Marvel cinematic universe: Phase One" box set that was supposed to be released alongside the Avengers? It was going to come with all six of the movies (iron man 1&2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers), plus bonus features, a glowing replica Tesseract, and it all came in a nifty briefcase. It was then delayed from release from September to a spring 2013 release. The problem was that the briefcase broke patents held by a actual briefcase company. So Marvel decided to package it in another way, presumably another non-patented briefcase type container.

Would have been sweet to see under the Christmas tree.

Edit: I just watched Thor for the fifth or so time. Although its not that great I liked it. The biggest gripe I have with it is that it feels like the relationships between Thor and Loki, as well as Jane. I'll start with Jane. The relationship feels forced. They barely know each other and suddenly they're in love. She's crying over his dead body while Sif and the warriors three give them some space. It just doesn't feel natural. As for the relationship between Thor and Loki, it has so much going for it but falls flat. I enjoyed both actor's performances, but it just doesn't feel like there was enough time between them, showing the way they normally acted toward each other. In other words not enough bromancing going on.

If I were to re-write it, I would first off make Thor and Jane's relationship more of a puppy love type thing. Thor goes to earth, they bang it out. Thor leaves and says, "Maybe I'll come back." It'd feel more natural. Maybe give mention of Sif being jealous. That would clear some room to give more backstory on Thor and Loki, by having a few more scenes of them growing up.

I watched this movie, and I can imagine their backstory. Thor getting all the glory, and Loki in his shadow. But it's not enough. I enjoy those scenes where the actors are giving emotional performances, like in the interrogation room, but it's like looking at someone crying on a bus stop bench while you drive by going 50 mph. You think, "how sad". But you really don't care because you don't know them or their full story of why they are sad. All in all, it feels like there are gaps in the story. Oh well. Like I said I still enjoy it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Double post, but there's a couple things I think that needs to be posted. First off, the "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One" box set will be released on the 2nd of April, and it will pretty much be the same thing promised last year, but with a different looking briefcase.

And tomorrow there will be a Iron Man 3 trailer during the Super Bowl, and they released a teaser for the trailer which confirms Rhodie will be in the 'Iron Patriot' suit. There was also a new poster released...

http://www.hollywood...per-bowl-417294

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 05:54)

I think that the Hulk in the Avengers is based on the Hulk from the Edward Norton film. Just some graphical updates to it.

Personally, Norton was a great Banner and so is Ruffalo. So, I say tie. Bana was stuck in an atrocious film with atrocious graphics and an atrocious director. So, unfortunately, his Hulk sucked balls. It had the potential to be amazing but they didn't stick to the comics, they couldn't render the Hulk properly ( I recall reading that his pants are painted onto his legs ).

Mark Ruffalo and Hulk

Looks like 6 movie deal was signed.

That's interesting, the 6 movie thing, if it is accurate.
It's highly unlikely there will be even 3 solo hulk movies in this series, so chances are he will feature in the other characters movies.

As Bana and Norton showed, it's hard for the hulk to stand alone in his own movie.
Sure if there is an Incredible Hulk 2 Ruffalo should do it justice, he was great in avengers.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 23:02)
he was great in avengers.

That's the thing. In The Avengers, there are other characters to focus on, it isn't just the Hulk. You had Captain America, Iron man, and Thor in the movie along side the Hulk. I love the Hulk, but I don't see a point in a Stand alone Hulk movie, it needs the other Avengers too. No one whats the Hulk to feel sad or try to find true love. People want the Hulk to smash.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 04 February 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Who says the only option for the Hulk is to have him feel sad and find true love? Sadly for us, that's just the only things they did with him in the past decade in movies.

EDIT: Here's the full Super Bowl spot...

Not much, but at least we get a good look at the new suit.

I also just noticed this...

http://www.youtube.c...lwiB7UIG7E&NR=1

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 18:57)

I also just noticed this...

http://www.youtube.c...lwiB7UIG7E&NR=1

Is that seriously a leaked after credits scene?
Like the ones that led into the avengers?
I won't watch it if it is.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

It's not actually the scene, it's a report from a blog, I guess, on what the scene is rumored to be about. Tony Stark goes to space and meets the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

"How many can I carry?"
"Four, sir."

...but he can power a turbine that lifts a quarter of a flying aircraft carrier. tounge.gif I love me some comics; just wish they spent a little time on consistency.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 13:07)
"How many can I carry?"
"Four, sir."

...but he can power a turbine that lifts a quarter of a flying aircraft carrier. tounge.gif I love me some comics; just wish they spent a little time on consistency.

I guess its do to safety, he doesn't want to carry to many that he is forced to drop them again. If they were all in a basket or something, I don't thing he would have a problem.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, I suppose he did just ask his computer to count for him. Not much farther a stretch to imagine him asking how many people he can grab on to. tounge.gif

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Are those the different Iron Man suits? So either Stark uses them or they are used against him. I like both prospects.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Awesome looking poster. I wonder if we're ever gonna see a good Iron Man game. It's really bugging me that we don't have one.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Sweet f*ck.

Look at all dem armors...

Aussiebushmatt
  • Aussiebushmatt

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Holy sh*t that looks cool. I'm really hoping the film's use of the 'Iron Legion' will lead into Ultron being introduced for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

user posted image

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Lost Kings Street Soldier, Fighting And Making Money.

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hot damn that movie looks awesome.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 12:23)
Awesome looking poster. I wonder if we're ever gonna see a good Iron Man game. It's really bugging me that we don't have one.

Probably never, unless Rocksteady is making it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

Pepper in a suit...

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm surprised that no one posted Thor trailer yet.

It looks great. More Loki is never a bad thing.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Holy sh*t. That's what I'm talking about. I enjoyed the first movie, but this looks like the full on Thor that I know and love.

I can't wait a little over a week until Iron Man 3.

This is going to be another awesome summer for comic book movies. Iron Man, Thor, Superman, and Wolverine.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by Blackadder., 25 April 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Saw Iron Man 3 yesterday, if any one has questions they're dying to know the answer to feel free to ask me, I'll spoiler tag the answers.

How was it? Awesome. Saw it in 3D, honestly the 3D wasn't that great I didn't notice it most of the time, but the few times I did it was kind of cool. It definitely has a bit of a darker tone than the first two but still retains its light hearted charm throughout the movie. Got a nice poster of RDJ with my ticket purchase so that's pretty awesome.

How does it compare to other movies in the series? Less 'fun' than Avengers, but tells a better story. Better than Iron Man 2 by far, as good if not better than Iron Man 1.

As if I needed to tell you, but go see this movie.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I have to wait another week but I'm so freakin' hyped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users