Iron Man trilogy and Avengers discussion

436 replies to this topic
IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Just saw the movie. If you asked me, it's awesome and very very worth the money. And I have a feeling it will have a sequel. rolleyes.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Just got back, it was very good. not exactly as the big as the hype lived up to but still very good. Black Widow was about as useful as wet sponge but least she was hot. Hawk had his useful moments but still had nothing on Ironman, Captain America, Hulk or Thor. The chemistry between them was great as was the humor, some genuinely laugh out load moments. The film did sort of drag a little in the middle but soon picked up its pace. I am not saying I need action but I just didn't have a big enough connection with the characters to fully care about the outcome but due to the good chemistry I was interested in the group dynamics so that kept things going till the great spectacle. I don't have full knowledge of the enemy's background so they were pretty faceless, there motives other then domination weren't really made clear. Overall very good (7/10 if I am going to put a scale up)

I am not a huge fan of superhero movies anyway, I thought Ironman was decent but not something I wanted to watch again. Dark Knight for me was an 8/10 as was Chronicle and Super (Obviously for different reason but shows up my sort of taste in Superhero movies)

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (IXMJXI @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 15:21)
Just saw the movie. If you asked me, it's awesome and very very worth the money. And I have a feeling it will have a sequel. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, it and every one of the separate Character's movies. And word is Hawk-Eye is getting his own movie.

A little over a week away from the U.S. release. I'm starting to watch the rest of the movies this weekend. the first Iron-man movie is still pretty damn awesome.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Going to see this next weekend at the drive-in with some friends. Gonna be awesome!

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

Makes me wonder how they're gonna handle the sequels for all the characters. Perhaps they might choose to set them before Avengers? That way they can have a fairly consistent storyline with The Avengers series and it just seems odd should they ever come across future villains they wouldn't call on the other Avengers. The only real exception being Thor cause he could just f*ck off to another realm.

If you ever expected Hawkeye or Black Widow to be any more than supporting characters in The Avengers then that's your mistake, it's pretty obvious the movie is about Captain/Thor/Iron Man/Hulk (the latter of which kind of steals the show at points)

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Watched Avengers Assemble yesterday, it was great. For those who haven't seen it yet, be sure to remain seated until after the credits wink.gif Can't wait for Iron Man 3 either, Robert Downey Jr. makes a brilliant Tony Stark.

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Loved every bit, specially the Hulk scenes.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (uNi @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 22:05)

I am a god! I'm not going to be bullied by a -

Unarguably the funniest scene in the movie. tounge.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I have just got back from seeing this.
The term 'disappointed' doesn't cover it. Because whilst the scripting is top notch and the acting of all involved is brilliant. The films biggest weakness is the lack of any emotional punch.

The biggest reason is that the most fascinating character, Loki, is given no depth, no redemptive qualities, no moments of humanity. No, he's just evil, laughably evil. And it's not entertaining to watch that, without character development, why do I care about his grand scheme? What's the point?
Oh, and his 'army' is composed of the most generic, boring aliens you can imagine. And, really? Aliens? Your telling me that you have a Norse God and he's got to rely on them?
If Loki wanted to end the world, they had a ready made scheme all set up: Ragnarok. Tie it further into Norse mythology and have some enemies who are memorable and perhaps even a little deep.
But Loki just snarls and smirks. Again and a-f*cking-gain. He does something evil, he smirks, he kills someone, he smirks. And it's a real shame, because the actor playing him is brilliant. But the character was always meant to be deep and have you questioning whether or not he was evil, here he's just a cardboard monster and it does not work.

Oh, and as for the scene after the credits, I can only say that if that's the direction they're going I will not pay to see that movie. God damn it, can we please have a human threat? Or something with a little legitimacy?

It was awful and I left the cinema feeling genuinely pissed off.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

I watched Marvel Alliance 3D yesterday in the cinema. It was awesome, the effects. I just want to say one thing in spoilers for whoever's seen it to read
I laughed my ass off when Loki said: "I will not stand here and be bullied by a big-" *Hulk gets him by legs and smacks him all over like a hammer* and then when Hulk goes away and he's just breathing in the ground with his eyes wide open like he's saying "Wow."
It was awesome.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 20:58)
I have just got back from seeing this.
The term 'disappointed' doesn't cover it. Because whilst the scripting is top notch and the acting of all involved is brilliant. The films biggest weakness is the lack of any emotional punch.

The biggest reason is that the most fascinating character, Loki, is given no depth, no redemptive qualities, no moments of humanity. No, he's just evil, laughably evil. And it's not entertaining to watch that, without character development, why do I care about his grand scheme? What's the point?
Oh, and his 'army' is composed of the most generic, boring aliens you can imagine. And, really? Aliens? Your telling me that you have a Norse God and he's got to rely on them?
If Loki wanted to end the world, they had a ready made scheme all set up: Ragnarok. Tie it further into Norse mythology and have some enemies who are memorable and perhaps even a little deep.
But Loki just snarls and smirks. Again and a-f*cking-gain. He does something evil, he smirks, he kills someone, he smirks. And it's a real shame, because the actor playing him is brilliant. But the character was always meant to be deep and have you questioning whether or not he was evil, here he's just a cardboard monster and it does not work.

Oh, and as for the scene after the credits, I can only say that if that's the direction they're going I will not pay to see that movie. God damn it, can we please have a human threat? Or something with a little legitimacy?

It was awful and I left the cinema feeling genuinely pissed off.

Exactly the same sentiments. Loki's army really had no connection to the story other then there evil, look disgusting and have some cool ships the attention to there backstory was far to small, they put to much on making them look evil to get the point across, rather then there sinister motives apart from destroy mankind, maybe they were havesting the bodies or something more sinister that shows humans being affected on a personal scale.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well that's kind of what they were like in the comics: http://marvel.wikia.com/Chitauri

It's not over in my neck of the woods yet, but I knew that the Chitauri were going to be in it. I don't know what you guys are bitching about - it's a f*cking comic book movie, and it seems like they're trying to be as canon as possible. There's a certain suspension of disbelief that you need to maintain.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 15:58)
. God damn it, can we please have a human threat? Or something with a little legitimacy

It's a movie with someone who turns into a green giant and a playboy with robotic suit. These movies are not suppose to be realistic. And mere humans are not a threat to them. At least they have some weaknesses, unlike Superman who is pretty much a GOD!

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 15:43)
. God damn it, can we please have a human threat? Or something with a little legitimacy

It's a movie with someone who turns into a green giant and a playboy with robotic suit. These movies are not suppose to be realistic. And mere humans are not a threat to them. At least they have some weaknesses, unlike Superman who is pretty much a GOD!

Superman has kryptonite and other kryptonians can kill him. He is not completelly defeatable.

I would like to go see this movie when it will be in cinemas in my country.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:08 PM Edited by DeeperRed, 28 April 2012 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 14:55)
Well that's kind of what they were like in the comics: http://marvel.wikia.com/Chitauri

It's not over in my neck of the woods yet, but I knew that the Chitauri were going to be in it. I don't know what you guys are bitching about - it's a f*cking comic book movie, and it seems like they're trying to be as canon as possible. There's a certain suspension of disbelief that you need to maintain.

Im not asking for realism I am just asking for a more dimensional threat. Loki was good but his army where pretty faceless. domination of mankind is cool and all but maybe something more original.

I am not bitching, I am just trying to give MY thoughts on the film. Also As I said I am also not a fan of superhero movies. I didn't think much about Thor or Captain America (The movies, not the characters themselves) but I did like this its just the enemy's where a let down and I didn't have a great deal of connection with the characters however there group dynamic was great so it makes up for it.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 15:43)

And that's why I hate Superman, because he's a microcosm of all these trite, unoriginal alien characters. They just exist to make us humans look pathetic. And I'm genuinely sick of it.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

i saw the movie in 3d and i was happily disappointed. I know nothing about marvel mithology, and the last movie i saw was spiderman 3, no ironman, no cap, no hulk, no thor, nothing at all.

so, the first half of the movie was plain bad for me. They were talking about unknown things (but that's my fault), and the talking and preparation was slow and boring. my biggest problem is that i haven't any clues about the type of movie: i expected some half-serious story, a boring one... then they went crazy. maybe it was a cheap move to trow in all those gags, but after some times i was able to shut off my brain and just ejoy the funny experience. the end was great, Ironman was great, hulk was great, but apart from that the other heroes were just there to kill time.

I'm very disappointed for the first half, i am happy about the second part...so, it's a tie. Good movie, not perfect but wetchable. No comment about the enemies, they were there only to be slaughtered by our heroes

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:02 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 25 April 2013 - 05:50 PM.

404: Post not found

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:16 AM Edited by Blackadder., 29 April 2012 - 07:25 AM.

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 14:02)
I laughed hard when Bruce pulled up to the battle on a moped.

Our whole theatre cracked up when that happened. tounge.gif

And agreed on Ruffalo, best Hulk to date in my opinon, and his frame seems more suited to the Hulk than Norton's.

That one long shot at the end which panned between all the heroes fighting was awesome.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:26 PM Edited by Pandazoot, 30 April 2012 - 08:02 PM.

My thoughts pretty much echo Donald Garcia's. Captain America: The First Avenger left me feeling a little cold but it seemed that in this film, Captain America himself was just more badass and more of what I expected him to be like. That goes for The Incredible Hulk too (Holy sh*t I loved the moment Hulk punched the big flying worm thingamajig) I can see where DeeperRed and Typhus are coming from with Loki not being as captivating as in Thor but it didn't bother me too much, perhaps some of Loki's more deeper moments had to be cut for running time.

Anyway, that Harry Dean Stanton cameo was a bit strange...but cool.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Might want to fix your spoiler tag there Pandazoot. tounge.gif

On Loki, you can really view his character in this film as an extension of it from Thor, he's pissed that he never got to rule Asgard and was led to believe he was teated equally to Thor but in actuality never was. After being thwarted in his attempt to prove to Odin that he could amount to something better than Thor he kind of just embraced his dark side and decided to try and start his own kingdom.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

God dammit! 4 more days! There's only so many times you can watch the other five movies.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

Going to watch this today. There's no way I was going to miss this after reading all the awesome reviews.

I'm not excited about watching it in 3D though but my friends insisted.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'm kind of interested in seeing it in 3D. I haven't seen any non-kids movie in 3D, so I'm thinking of trying it out on this movie. I might see it in 2D first, though.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Is it me or the Avengers in 3D is just bad? My friends said that we just wasted our money on the 3D one, that we rather have watch it in 2D, which is much cheaper.

Anyway it's a good film but some bad smell in the cinema ruined mine and my friends film viewing.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 09:27)

Oh man, that had people cracking up! The single best moment.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, May 4 2012, 20:55)
QUOTE (AreXi @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 09:27)

Oh man, that had people cracking up! The single best moment.

I loved that bit, everyone just crack up at that part and when Hulk punched Thor after beating up those alien

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Just got back. f*cking Amazing.
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 23:16)
QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 14:02)
I laughed hard when Bruce pulled up to the battle on a moped.

Our whole theatre cracked up when that happened. tounge.gif

And agreed on Ruffalo, best Hulk to date in my opinon, and his frame seems more suited to the Hulk than Norton's.

That one long shot at the end which panned between all the heroes fighting was awesome.

If this movie was a comic, that shot during the battle was definitely the best splash in the book. If there were literally a thing such as a nerdgasm, that theater would be knee deep in goo.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Just got back. Twas simply EPIC! icon14.gif

I loved when Thor and Hulk smashed through that building, and Hulk just punches Thor out of nowhere. lol, I was cracking up on that part! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users