Final PC System Requirements

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,496 replies to this topic
disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (¤FireStyle¤ @ Oct 30 2008, 20:47)
I see many people here already relegating the game into begin a crappy port but I don't think it's fair to say that just yet....

I mean honestly I think so far charmingcharlies post has prolly got to be the closest to assessing the situation correctly...

I mean imo the processor req for both recc. and min. are high but at the same time all the other specs are inline with most PC games today. I believe that those recommended specs are to run the game at the highest resolution possible with all gfx options at max.

I do not believe that those are the recommended specs required to run the game good. For example I plan on running the game at 1280x1024 so I am sure that my specs don't need to meet the recommended for me to do so.

I mean look at far cry 2....their recommended specs are quite low...but after spending some time with the game I am sure that a PC with the specs that they recommended wouldn't be able to run that game on max !!!

So again I am guessing that those specs are to run the game at the highest resolution possible with all gfx options at max. Now if you do plan on doing that then those the processor req. are are high...there is no beating around it...but if you only plan on running it on 1024x768 then you would fine that the specs required to do that aren't so bad...

I mean we have to believe that R* has some common sense. If they release a game that only 3 people can run good then what's the point in that.

Far Cry 2 is actually well optimized, if you have the recommended, you can most likely run it on very good or high settings. Sure it is not crysis nice, but a very good looking game non the less.

GamerJerome
  • GamerJerome

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:20 PM Edited by GamerJerome, 30 October 2008 - 09:24 PM.

QUOTE (Ron Taboga @ Oct 30 2008, 20:44)
Well...

Far Cry 2 - Better Graphics than GTAIV but lower requirements
Crysis - Much Better Graphics than GTAIV but same requirements
Fallout 3 - Equal Graphics to GTAIV but much lower requirements

I really hope that Rockstar made at least an acceptable Job here  confused.gif

so if i can play crysis on high i can also play gta iv on high? smile.gif

this are my pc settings and i can play crysis on high with it

Intel®
Pentium® D CPU 2.80 GHz
Clockspeed2.80 GHz 2.00 GB
Grafical card nvidia 9600GT

i just want to know sure or i can play it on high or not becuse some people say i can and some not so i dont know anymore else i need a other motherboard with a better processor nervous.gif

¤FireStyle¤
  • ¤FireStyle¤

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

OK guys gamespot had posted a GTA IV PC preview earlier today and in it is quoted:

" At first glance, the game looks brighter, sharper, and more vibrant, with the development team looking to take advantage of the increased flexibility presented by the PC platform. The aim is to ensure that the game not only looks good on top-end hardware--at a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 pixels--but also runs perfectly well on three-year-old machines, according to the Rockstar staffer taking us through the demo. Recommended and minimum specifications for the game are yet to be released. "

It went on to say:

"That having been said, the game features a wealth of options that allow you to optimise your machine's performance based on what you want the game to do. As well as the normal detail, lighting, and other technical settings, it's possible to change traffic density on the fly. If you know your computer struggles around really busy junctions, you can keep your settings at such a level that it keeps frame rates up most of the time and just lowers traffic density either across the board or as you enter more built-up areas. It also allows those with higher-spec machines to push the traffic levels in Liberty City up much higher than the default values on consoles, which does add an extra dimension to the city, with built-up junctions feeling even more chaotic than before.

The rig that we got to play on was running the game at 1920x1200 pixels. The work done improving textures, objects, and lighting was all immediately apparent. Trees look much better, close-up detail on surfaces look better, and above all, the lighting looks immeasurably better. The lit-up ads on the tops of cabs now really stand out as you drive through the shadows of trees, the neon displays around Star Junction have a new vibrancy, and shadows all seem much sharper, as well as more lifelike. "

Full Article:

http://www.gamespot....reviews;title;2

...so as you can see there is still hope for the game running fine on the PC...so let's not write it off just yet !!!

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (¤FireStyle¤ @ Oct 30 2008, 21:33)
OK guys gamespot had posted a GTA IV PC preview earlier today and in it is quoted:

" At first glance, the game looks brighter, sharper, and more vibrant, with the development team looking to take advantage of the increased flexibility presented by the PC platform. The aim is to ensure that the game not only looks good on top-end hardware--at a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 pixels--but also runs perfectly well on three-year-old machines, according to the Rockstar staffer taking us through the demo. Recommended and minimum specifications for the game are yet to be released. "

It went on to say:

"That having been said, the game features a wealth of options that allow you to optimise your machine's performance based on what you want the game to do. As well as the normal detail, lighting, and other technical settings, it's possible to change traffic density on the fly. If you know your computer struggles around really busy junctions, you can keep your settings at such a level that it keeps frame rates up most of the time and just lowers traffic density either across the board or as you enter more built-up areas. It also allows those with higher-spec machines to push the traffic levels in Liberty City up much higher than the default values on consoles, which does add an extra dimension to the city, with built-up junctions feeling even more chaotic than before.

The rig that we got to play on was running the game at 1920x1200 pixels. The work done improving textures, objects, and lighting was all immediately apparent. Trees look much better, close-up detail on surfaces look better, and above all, the lighting looks immeasurably better. The lit-up ads on the tops of cabs now really stand out as you drive through the shadows of trees, the neon displays around Star Junction have a new vibrancy, and shadows all seem much sharper, as well as more lifelike. "

Full Article:

...so as you can see there is still hope for the game running fine on the PC...so let's not write it off just yet !!!

WOW, I am actually fully impressed, it looks like Rockstar went out of their way to enhance and make a true PC game, I am amazed actually.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

You should make a seperate topic for the preview, its quite important info.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

I have an E5200 Dual Core CPU with 2.5GHZ... if I run the game with 1024x768 resolution, will it run fine for me, with an Ati Radeon HD4870, or not?

R.F.
  • R.F.

Who are these guys?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

Thoes requirements are exagerated ... really the quad core wasent necessary . I have a e8400 @3000mhz ,2gbRam, 8800gt512 and i bet that i can run gtaiv at max details view distance 1280x1024 with over 40 fps. I just finished crysis warhead on full options dx10 (around 30-35fps) i doubt gtaiv is more detailed than crysis.

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

CharmingCharlie, didnt you said some weeks ago no game require a Quadcore? tounge.gif

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (GTA_XP @ Oct 30 2008, 21:47)
CharmingCharlie, didnt you said some weeks ago no game require a Quadcore? tounge.gif

No game does still. get real, Anyone with a fats Dual core will be in the clear, and these ARE NOT official according to Gamespot.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Oct 31 2008, 03:09)
I have an E5200 Dual Core CPU with 2.5GHZ... if I run the game with 1024x768 resolution, will it run fine for me, with an Ati Radeon HD4870, or not?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run it. No need for worries there.

And I think you guys are just freaking out unnecessarily. The game should work on most of the machines; maybe not as good as the screenshots that we have seen but it would be commendable imo.

Uzi Jhuziz
  • Uzi Jhuziz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:55 PM

Perhaps those new features were a lame excuse to make a sh*tty port IMO, blah, i was thinking in upgrade my GPU but with this sh*tty port, makes me reconsider:

-intel P4 2.80 Ghz Prescott
- 512 mb DDR
- Nvidia geforce Fx 5200 upgrading to--> ATI HD3650

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Oct 30 2008, 21:49)
And I think you guys are just freaking out unnecessarily. The game should work on most of the machines; maybe not as good as the screenshots that we have seen but it would be commendable imo.

thats a relief to here

texan1985
  • texan1985

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Firestyle! thanks for that snippet. That is eliminating any doubts i had about the optimization.

masser120
  • masser120

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

I'm more surprised that the game eats 18 full GB's from your computer mercie_blink.gif
This while with the XBox360 and PS3 it fitted on one DVD.

I'm not surprised at all that it consumes so much of your CPU. Face it: GTA has ALWAYS demanded a high CPU. GTA San Andreas didn't run smoothly on 1.8Ghz P4 until I got my AMD 4200+ dual core processor, which doesn't even make de minimum specs right now confused.gif

And ANYONE bitching about those specs: this is a new generation game! Of course they eat specs. Haven't you played Crysis? That's already over a year old! No wonder that these specs are even higher that Crysis's is.

Smiler-Online
  • Smiler-Online

PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:00 PM Edited by smiler_16, 30 October 2008 - 10:03 PM.

Well, no matter what I'm sure that Niko will be packing a punch on my system tounge.gif

user posted image

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (�FireStyle� @ Oct 30 2008, 21:33)

It went on to say:

Full Article:

Says right in there that actual specifications are yet to be released.....

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (masser120 @ Oct 30 2008, 21:58)
I'm more surprised that the game eats 18 full GB's from your computer mercie_blink.gif

I'm not surprised at all that it consumes so much of your CPU. Face it: GTA has ALWAYS demanded a high CPU. GTA San Andreas didn't run smoothly on 1.8Ghz P4 until I got my AMD 4200+ dual core processor, which doesn't even make de minimum specs right now confused.gif

And ANYONE bitching about those specs: this is a new generation game! Of course they eat specs. Haven't you played Crysis? That's already over a year old! No wonder that these specs are even higher that Crysis's is.

New generation of game, lol, Crysis is a new gen of game, 1 year old and nothing else touches it, not even close, get your head out of your arse. Amazing how far ahead of its time crysis is. GTA is just a console game, crysis is built for Pc only using the most advanced rendering tehc and physics ever seen. No way this game is even CLOSE to crysis in terms of raw graphics fidelity.

nicotin3
  • nicotin3

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Uzi Jhuziz @ Oct 30 2008, 21:55)
Perhaps those new features were a lame excuse to make a sh*tty port IMO, blah, i was thinking in upgrade my GPU but with this sh*tty port, makes me reconsider:

-intel P4 2.80 Ghz Prescott
- 512 mb DDR
- Nvidia geforce Fx 5200 upgrading to--> ATI HD3650

You shouldnt call it a sh*tty port because it wont run on a 5 year old, non gaming PC. Seriously dude upgrading that would be wasting money for bad results, it would bottleneck.

[LV]
  • [LV]

Thug 4 Life

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:24 PM

Wait!? I wont play it on 7300? 0.o

Tigas
  • Tigas

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

i dont think that is real omg that is exagerated... notify.gif

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

Damn, I need to upgrade this 8500gt.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Oct 30 2008, 21:39)

It should fly on a C2Duo and a 4870.

MisterBubbles
  • MisterBubbles

Gta V Pc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

I do not believe these requirements .. I'll run on my 8500gt tounge2.gif

Nomad91
  • Nomad91

Life is Complicated...

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

What a load of sh*t.
We wait so long, get crappy requirements, a delay...

And then this sh*t, clipping tires on official screens.

http://pc.ign.com/do...?page=mediaFull

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:41 PM Edited by jesushumper, 30 October 2008 - 10:43 PM.

Pretty reasonable.

Though I guess it's pretty CPU-dependant?

Recommending a quad-core but only 8600/3870 for video....seems a little odd.

Traffic density slider? Surely i'll keep it at max all the time, becaseu lots of traffic is more fun. ut it's a nice feature for lower-end users.B

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

Guess buying a Q66 wasn't all that wrong. tounge.gif

I might have been screwed over, since I still have one cent to pay. Those bastards better not have screwed me over.

nicotin3
  • nicotin3

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (disposeablehero @ Oct 30 2008, 22:06)
QUOTE (masser120 @ Oct 30 2008, 21:58)
I'm more surprised that the game eats 18 full GB's from your computer  mercie_blink.gif

I'm not surprised at all that it consumes so much of your CPU. Face it: GTA has ALWAYS demanded a high CPU. GTA San Andreas didn't run smoothly on 1.8Ghz P4 until I got my AMD 4200+ dual core processor, which doesn't even make de minimum specs right now  confused.gif

New generation of game, lol, Crysis is a new gen of game, 1 year old and nothing else touches it, not even close, get your head out of your arse. Amazing how far ahead of its time crysis is. GTA is just a console game, crysis is built for Pc only using the most advanced rendering tehc and physics ever seen. No way this game is even CLOSE to crysis in terms of raw graphics fidelity.

Ahem... the games are just diferent.

If Crysis was to place you in a full open city instead of levels it would be impossible for it to look the way it does and be playable.
And to be 100% honest i didnt like Crysis's art style all that much...

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Cursed @ Oct 30 2008, 20:52)
The processor is the most shocking in my opinion, I'm still trying to get around the fact that my 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz is only just above minimum.

Same here, I was nearly sure my 5000+ 2.6GHz will meet recommended reqs. Now I'll be happy if IV runs on it suicidal.gif

the reqs are just.... weird.
I don't say they're fake, but they seem a bit awkward.

Is R* really that bad with porting games? Can't believe it.

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (¤FireStyle¤ @ Oct 30 2008, 21:33)

It went on to say:

Full Article:

Im sold! the video stuff will make it much easier to make videos than on my xbox.

Smiler-Online
  • Smiler-Online

PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

Since everyone is comparing it against Crysis...

I would preferre a "heavy on the Hardware" game with good gameplay over eyecandy any day!!!

and obviously, they said that even the PS3s CPU wasn't powerfull enough to handle the amount of cars on screen that people would of liked... so its obviously the traffic which is the heavilly dependent on hardware feature

and they have pointed out that you can easilly adjust that, and I'm sure that modders will enable you to lower it even further than the game allows you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users