Photo

Auto-Aim Ruins online play

57 replies to this topic
CTDiesel
  • CTDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

I play whatever settings most of the time. I used to hop around but I got tired of the random disconnection BS, and getting put into the same lobby repeatedly. I host games sometimes, but I'm not the most patient person and I don't like to sit too long for a room to get a reasonable amount of players in it.
I always tell people if they don't like the settings they can always create their own game.

GTAfanboy1998
  • GTAfanboy1998

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, I honestly don't care if aa is on or off. I just play the game with whatever options are set on it. It's still fun with it on, and off. IMO.

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:33 AM

don't quote me on this but I believe GTA is the first to use AA online.

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:56 AM

That is most likely not true. There are several games that use auto targeting systems online, although they are usually RPGs and whatnot.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:06 AM

I do not mind AA being on, for it is the person's game and the payed for it, so they can do what they want, and play how they want to. I personally, prefer AA off though. I play with it off all the time, and find the game a lot more fun without AA. Most of the times when I go into a FM game in MP, AA is on the majority of the time. Get's pretty annoying, but you get used to it after a while.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

I like them both and do feel that AA on can level the playing field some when I am out matched or when I'm going against someone new to the game it helps them...

the only time I find AA on boring though is when you play AA on with assault rifles only- otherwise the game is about finding advantage-- longer range weapons or in a close up fight, getting headshots with the faster shooting SMGs or what not

that being said, AA off can force you to adapt and find new ways to kill if say I'm going against someone who is alot better then me, I'lll find some grenades and start using vehicles for weapons and doing some grenade dropping drive bys-- and I can even get the occasional knife kill when AA is off (impossible with AA on). I have found playing some AA off games has helped my AA on killing ability.

If you don't want to play AA games, don't play-- quit crying about it sad.gif .

Deal with it or go away.

I do agree that the menu system for game joining needs some major improvement--- I personally would love to see some more strategy to death matches-- small area (liberty island), AA off and blips off or blips far, fog/rain and night time make the game more of a challenge-- hard to find these with the current way of joining games and these features change the game dramatically-- it has gotten someone repetitive/boring at times.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

I guess there is simply more variety to AA off games, which is part of why I started playing them more and more.

AA on is pretty much Happiness Island/Assault Rifles/ Near/1 second, Algonquin/Powerful/Near/1 second or Airport/Powerful (sometimes All), Near/1 second. I see these games more than any other set up.

Algonquin is probably the best AA level, far as I'm concerned, because the length of the blocks makes for some handy free aiming and I've had really intense battles with people where we are on a corner for a minute or so, both trying to time out the headshot when the other jumps off the corner.

My huge complaint about AA on games is that they lag wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than Disallow games. I think this is why I see less and less Colony Island levels. It's a laggy level to begin with, add Powerful (or assault rifles) with AA on and I've had the most lagged games on that level. Suffice it to say, I generally leave the room when I see this level with those setting.

To each their own, as I've said all along. Much as I despise some of the arrogant higher level people who refuse to play Disallow, I also can't stand a lot of the Disallow people who think that they are better human beings for not playing AA.

biggrin.gif

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Oct 31 2008, 10:08)

There are levels of experience in an AA on game...despite what many claim.

I got my Rank 9 in DM only with mostly AA on games.  The following is NOT trash talk, just a simple fact...

I have absolutely, positively mastered AA on.  Since the third week of this game's release (when I was rank 3 or 4), I have come in first in ALL but maybe 10 matches with AA on.  And I challenge absolutely anyone in a AA on match and I am confident I will win, hands down.

Two things about this fact...

1. I worked hard to master all techniques for AA on games (and there ARE seperate techniques for these type matches).

2. ...and this is a big one...about 2 months ago, I STARTED PLAYING AA OFF!  Having spent a month playing AA off, I went back to AA on and was just that much better (mainly do to capping apponents B4 they got into AA range).

I love both type matches now...the simple and fast paced nature of AA on, and the strategic value of AA off.

I also think that ppl who refuse to play AA off after they master AA on are, well, just lazy, and will never get good enough at AA off to see how much more dynamic the game is that way.

I am currently getting better and better at AA off games and believe that soon I will be able to compete in what SuperJude (SJ) described as "The Big Leagues". Do to my old age (not THAT old...40) and declined reflexes, I don't think that I will ever be able to make the claim about AA off that I did above about AA on games.

But, my goal is to be a very serious thorn in you young ppl's sides.  I will be extremely happy with driving better AA off players crazy and having them HAVE to deal with me, even if I end up losing.

I agree with SJ that if you are not striving to be the best player possible, then why play...its not like we are really getting paid.

Anyway, all you AA off players that like to talk trash?

I am practicing and am comin for ya!

See ya in LC!

Edit:
And while we're bitching about game options, turn the cops off too.

Agree 100% icon14.gif

Your nothings but a coward,...AA on. HA! I laughings in your face!

1. LOL there is no masterings of AA on...

2. Rank 1-10 with AA on means jack nada

3. CHALLANGEings!!! (But skunks keep ducking,...always. Just ask Chrissy wink.gif

Blah Blah Blah,...AA on is for suckers caseings closed.

Anytime-its Anyplace

PSN: MaxSlacks

smile.gif I Chang "...and I approve this post"

GET OUT AND VOTEings!!!

CTDiesel
  • CTDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Chang @ Nov 4 2008, 17:29)
QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Oct 31 2008, 10:08)

There are levels of experience in an AA on game...despite what many claim.

I got my Rank 9 in DM only with mostly AA on games.  The following is NOT trash talk, just a simple fact...

I have absolutely, positively mastered AA on.  Since the third week of this game's release (when I was rank 3 or 4), I have come in first in ALL but maybe 10 matches with AA on.  And I challenge absolutely anyone in a AA on match and I am confident I will win, hands down.

Two things about this fact...

1. I worked hard to master all techniques for AA on games (and there ARE seperate techniques for these type matches).

2. ...and this is a big one...about 2 months ago, I STARTED PLAYING AA OFF!  Having spent a month playing AA off, I went back to AA on and was just that much better (mainly do to capping apponents B4 they got into AA range).

I love both type matches now...the simple and fast paced nature of AA on, and the strategic value of AA off.

I also think that ppl who refuse to play AA off after they master AA on are, well, just lazy, and will never get good enough at AA off to see how much more dynamic the game is that way.

I am currently getting better and better at AA off games and believe that soon I will be able to compete in what SuperJude (SJ) described as "The Big Leagues". Do to my old age (not THAT old...40) and declined reflexes, I don't think that I will ever be able to make the claim about AA off that I did above about AA on games.

But, my goal is to be a very serious thorn in you young ppl's sides.  I will be extremely happy with driving better AA off players crazy and having them HAVE to deal with me, even if I end up losing.

I agree with SJ that if you are not striving to be the best player possible, then why play...its not like we are really getting paid.

Anyway, all you AA off players that like to talk trash?

I am practicing and am comin for ya!

See ya in LC!

Edit:
And while we're bitching about game options, turn the cops off too.

Agree 100% icon14.gif

3. CHALLANGEings!!! (But skunks keep ducking,...always. Just ask Chrissy wink.gif

Anytime-its Anyplace

GET OUT AND VOTEings!!!

laughings*
masterings*
challengings*
casings*
votings*

Good job showing your lack of spelling/grammar skills. You once again show that you're among the bums on here.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (CTDiesel @ Nov 1 2008, 21:26)
I play whatever settings most of the time. I used to hop around but I got tired of the random disconnection BS, and getting put into the same lobby repeatedly. I host games sometimes, but I'm not the most patient person and I don't like to sit too long for a room to get a reasonable amount of players in it.
I always tell people if they don't like the settings they can always create their own game.

I'm in the same boat. I really can't be bothered with AA but now its just at the point where its like, f*ck it. No lobby system makes it hell of a hard to find games that you want. I tend to only play a couple of games a week nowadays and end up turning it off cause of the usual AA, Asault Rifles, and end up either slamming on CoD4, fifa or hit up an MMO.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Chang @ Nov 4 2008, 13:29)

Anytime-its Anyplace

GET OUT AND VOTEings!!!

Are you still lurking around this forum, CHANGings...

I told you in the last PM that I have nothing to prove to a troll like you...and this was AFTER you refused to play me.

Talking sh*t is easy...backing it up is another story...and you don't do either very well.

<<takes out his magic wand and **POOF**...CHANG is ousted>>

WTF ever...

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

On Tizzie: Auto Aim off cats get schooled,...most of the timeings. This I know as fact...

AutoAim on games that at the last second get switched to AutoAim off, and dudes get owned. period.

Thenings I listen to then cry with the new PS3 bluetooth which I highly recommend-its.

ALTHOUGH,...there are times when some AA on cats got skillz in AA off, but farings and few between.

AA off = More Fun <Chim Chim opens a "Monkeyweiser" beer, and chuggs it....>

Off Tizzie:

Youring right Chrissy,...you got nothings to prove, nor do I wink.gif

BUT Dig it Chrissy...

My Challenge stillings stands in Deathmatch,...period. Never backed down to you and neverings will, ya heard?!

Besides,...I think it would be fun! We can evenings run an experiment:

A game with AA off, and then a game with AA on...

What says you? Don't yellow outtings again...

smile.gif I Chang

PSN = MaxSlacks

lex3191
  • lex3191

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

i had this guy come into a lobby i was hosting and start sending me aggressive messages saying 'Auto Aim on sh*t f*cker' and acting all tough. i guess he didnt see the irony of acting tough and being an auto aimer

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (lex3191 @ Nov 7 2008, 04:33)
i had this guy come into a lobby i was hosting and start sending me aggressive messages saying 'Auto Aim on sh*t f*cker' and acting all tough. i guess he didnt see the irony of acting tough and being an auto aimer

You should have sent him a message telling him "wow, good joke bro, appreciate the fact you know only pussies use AA, Cheers!"

:lbf

Chang has one of the more amusing message board troll schticks I've seen in a while. He's consistent and makes just enough sense that you can read through his posts. More powerings to ya!

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Nov 7 2008, 12:40)

You should have sent him a message telling him "wow, good joke bro, appreciate the fact you know only pussies use AA, Cheers!"

Thats exactly what I use to do: )

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (lex3191 @ Nov 7 2008, 07:33)

HA!

Naw brothern,...wasn't me. Youings must be...
<Toni Montana voice> "how day saay,..... Parrranoid"

Althoughings,...I've been known to send the message "Puss Rockets" if a shnook just sicks to Rocket Launchers. Thenings I stick a Blade in'em,...

Nothings better then watchings a snook who is ONLY used to AA on grab a RL, and then I slick a blade in'em....

<Chang winks at Super,...>

My Challenge stillings stands Chissy.... wink.gif Nada 2 Prove-its

smile.gif I Chang

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Chang @ Nov 7 2008, 09:43)

Kiss my ASSings, ChANGings...

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Nov 7 2008, 11:32)
QUOTE (Chang @ Nov 7 2008, 09:43)

Kiss my bright yellow simpson ASSings, ChANGings...

Additional Proofings that AA on cats,...are yellow backs....

smile.gif I Chang

<Chang turns out light inside Chissy's head,...loads AA off in lobby....>

notoriousash
  • notoriousash

Chancer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Nov 7 2008, 12:40)

:lbf

Chang has one of the more amusing message board troll schticks I've seen in a while. He's consistent and makes just enough sense that you can read through his posts. More powerings to ya!

Ha! I always just thought Chang was copying this guy...

avsrule247
  • avsrule247

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

I don't like autoaim, but don't be saying it's for pussies! I would like to see a team of you get all three time challenges on the co-op missions online without autoaim. Very few people can do that I would imagine. So if you don't like it, just leave the match that has it on. Otherwise, don't bitch and complain that it is for pussies, because it is not.

I like NOT using autoaim because I don't like taking cover, and that is very important with autoaim. But some people may like the idea of taking cover and being strategic. And that is fine. Some people like to run out and shoot and hope the other guy isn't a good aim. And that is fine too.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (avsrule247 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:54)
I don't like autoaim, but don't be saying it's for pussies! I would like to see a team of you get all three time challenges on the co-op missions online without autoaim. Very few people can do that I would imagine. So if you don't like it, just leave the match that has it on. Otherwise, don't bitch and complain that it is for pussies, because it is not.

I like NOT using autoaim because I don't like taking cover, and that is very important with autoaim. But some people may like the idea of taking cover and being strategic. And that is fine. Some people like to run out and shoot and hope the other guy isn't a good aim. And that is fine too.

STFU n00b.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Nov 8 2008, 22:56)
QUOTE (avsrule247 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:54)

STFU n00b.

Not n00b...

dr206
  • dr206

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

auto aim is for the xbox guys. its a joke and a waist of time. blips on far, disallow, big maps, thats the sh*t. any one whos game add me im dr206 and im looking for ppl who have hart and arnt afraid to get tested. come get some. sly.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (dr206 @ Nov 11 2008, 20:43)
auto aim is for the xbox guys. its a joke and a waist of time. blips on far, disallow, big maps, thats the sh*t. any one whos game add me im dr206 and im looking for ppl who have hart and arnt afraid to get tested. come get some. sly.gif

ppfffttt... barf8bd.gif

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (dr206 @ Nov 11 2008, 19:43)

Exactlings,...

The Auto Aim suckers know who they are,...and when I bump into them they turnings tail and run...

<Chang pauses, and shifts more stuff around in your head...>

I do dig the different blip on/off options as I've been checkings this out a bit more.

The "Only Leader Blip on" is Class,...but again Chump Auto Aim on cats are gonna cry aboutings it and such, its in their nature...ha

Bringings it on INDEED!!! AA OFF-its BIOTCHES!!! ENJOY!!

smile.gif I Chang

AKA

PSN = MaxSlacks

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

When aa is off its way better. When its on its crap. A few high ranks only play with AA on.

benoii707
  • benoii707

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Facts are facts people

AA players fail in free aim sessions and can barely even get one kill hence why they stick to auto aim lololololol

I really think rockstar should change it so u cant auto aim players in vehicles when you have to free aim out of all the vehicles doesn't make sense lol.

DirtyDex
  • DirtyDex

The Grand Poobah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

You do realize you can change your MP preferences right? Just open your phone in SP, then go to 'Multiplayer'. The rest is pretty f*ckin' intuitive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users