Photo

Auto-Aim Ruins online play

57 replies to this topic
omegavenom
  • omegavenom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

seriously make a lobby i cant take it anymore, every room i go in its auto-aim on its no fun , its a joke, or can someone show me to the page of PSNs of people that want to add me that want to play with it off!

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (omegavenom @ Oct 30 2008, 13:01)
seriously make a lobby i cant take it anymore, every room i go in its auto-aim on its no fun , its a joke, or can someone show me to the page of PSNs of people that want to add me that want to play with it off!

Bitch, moan...Bitch, moan...

WILL IT NEVER END???

confused.gif

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

If you don't like it, make your own. Duh.

KingBulleT 8747
  • KingBulleT 8747

LOL

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

Why are all noobs for anti-auto aiming? you cant aim without automatic aim correctly, its too hard, it looks gay and its no fun..

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (omegavenom @ Oct 30 2008, 17:01)

its about time that ppl learn to play aa off, idd.
AA is for newbeginners, realize it and ill give u guys a f*cking cookie or whatever ur so keen on

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (KingBulleT 8747 @ Oct 30 2008, 20:16)
Why are all noobs for anti-auto aiming? you cant aim without automatic aim correctly, its too hard, it looks gay and its no fun..

Actually, it's very possible to aim good with AA off.

notoriousash
  • notoriousash

Chancer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

...not to mention way more fun. rampage_ani.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:10 PM Edited by Chukkles, 30 October 2008 - 11:13 PM.

QUOTE (KingBulleT 8747 @ Oct 30 2008, 20:16)

Yes you can, very well actually, you just have to practise and be good.

And it's the Noobs who want auto aim on.
Otherwise they wouldn't be Noobs.

Maybe it's harder on PS3, I always found 1st person shooters on PS2 frickin awkward to control, the 360 is so much better for this, it's all to do with the thumb stick positions.

Dazzellerr
  • Dazzellerr

free agent

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

i like aa on, but not to just kill fellow players, i like it for killing the cops and unfriendlies (helps to identify who is trying to kill you)

like stated before, dont lik eother peoples settings, create your own. you will probably get bored with noone joining in on your game, so i see another thread bitching about how come noone wants to play with him. suicidal.gif

my recomendation, play the game, period. quite whining about the settings, dont liek them, keep joining a different one until you get said desired game, or make your own.

Cyrius
  • Cyrius

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

Auto Aim off adds more tactical features and more entertaining shootouts to the game.
Cover is much more important, and the action last longer.
And it is a lot more saticfing winning a duel ageinst an equal oponent.

In most Auto Aim matches, you just press the aim button, adjust sight upwards for headshoot and fire.
Furthermore AA on makes the car usless. And the cars is a big part of what seperates GTA from other first person shooters.
Press Aim button you know ecsactly were the opponent is, the aim stays with him as you move.
If he is in a car, no mater how fast he is going the aim senters dead on the driver, all you need to wory about is line up the shoot and fire with the most acuracy and you win.

Whit auto aim off, you haft to constantly adjust sighting as you move, if he is behind a car or cover you will haft to aim for the part of the body that isnt covered. And you must at the same time wory about the acuracy while fighting.
And hiting the driver of a passing car at full speed takes skill.

So dont call people that uses Auto Aim OFF, for noobs! suicidal.gif

Maybe it's harder on PS3, I always found 1st person shooters on PS2 frickin awkward to control, the 360 is so much better for this, it's all to do with the thumb stick positions.

I could say the same thing about the Xbox, so I belive it comes down to what controler you are used to.

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:50 AM

I just played Team Deathmatch for the first time ever and it was so much fun. It was AA off, and I still managed to get about 7-10 kills. I don't get to play much so there is no reason why anybody who owns the game can't learn how to aim without help.

Sure there are some good players out there, just set up ambushes with some buddies and you can trap them in a gauntlet of gunfire.

omegavenom
  • omegavenom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:11 AM

yea i mean i dont care if there is AA on but at least give me a choice, hosting a room is random unless u have a private match, but we need a lobby system but if anyone has regular games with AA off hit me up PSN OmegaVenom biggrin.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:48 AM

Auto aim is a load of sh*t

Lord Illicious
  • Lord Illicious

S H A O L I N NYC

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

I was actually very good without auto aim but now im only decent cus of all the auto aim games there is.
You say well start your own?
Much harder to wait for players to stay in your auto aim off game than it is to find one with more than 5 players.

I love this one too:
Usually when you do find a nice auto aim off game, there is 2 psychos that team up (usually with the wide shot Shotguns) and devour everyone that joins in until they give up and leave.

I actually find more fun and respectful playing with auto aim off. Message each other saying things like "You bastard! That was a nice one dude." or "Lets race now friend".
That is till 2 psychos team up and bore people away.
With a auto aim on game, this problem is much more easier to deal with.

Then there is the auto aim on madman on crack. Killing everyone fast with one shot kills perfectly each time till players get tired and leave.

Auto aim off or on flows differently depending on how the game is being played. The balance of it swings both ways.
My search is not for either auto aim off or on but for some real fun gaming.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:48 AM Edited by Chukkles, 31 October 2008 - 10:52 AM.

QUOTE (Dazzellerr @ Oct 30 2008, 23:15)
i like aa on, but not to just kill fellow players, i like it for killing the cops and unfriendlies (helps to identify who is trying to kill you)

like stated before, dont lik eother peoples settings, create your own. you will probably get bored with noone joining in on your game, so i see another thread bitching about how come noone wants to play with him. suicidal.gif

my recomendation, play the game, period. quite whining about the settings, dont liek them, keep joining a different one until you get said desired game, or make your own.

Is it even possible to choose to host your own game???

Please tell me cuz I would love to beable to Choose to host my own games.

Auto aim off, will make you a god at shooting from cars whilst driving, I garantee you guy's have trouble with this. (I know I did to begin with). Just felt awkard and clumsy, but you can better yourself at it, through the use of NO AA.

rnz1369
  • rnz1369

Im too damn old for this nonsense.

• D1RTY12

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

yeah there is:

select custom game in your phone, and set private slots to one. Youre the host now.

AA-on, i dont like it. It just a "i can press r2 the fastest" match. You cant use bushes etc for hiding and sneaking, its just too easy. aa-off needs some time to get used too, but its way better then aa-on in the end. Got to set blips to far or team tho..

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (rnz1369 @ Oct 31 2008, 10:19)
yeah there is:

select custom game in your phone, and set private slots to one. Youre the host now.

AA-on, i dont like it. It just a "i can press r2 the fastest" match. You cant use bushes etc for hiding and sneaking, its just too easy. aa-off needs some time to get used too, but its way better then aa-on in the end. Got to set blips to far or team tho..

Thank you I never knew that.
I just assumed that was for literally haveing your friends play in your match.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:28 AM Edited by SuperJude™, 31 October 2008 - 12:08 PM.

They are just different games but if you've played both, you know that AA off games are intense and make full use of all options. Countless times I've killed people in cars or with RPGs in AA On games because, well, AA is on. AA off games makes these weapons just that much more viable.

I've never been able to get absolutely sh*t faced drunk and still get 100 kills in a Disallow game, while I have in an AA On game.

Or, even better, to illustrate, a game I had against your typical high level ( he was a 9 ) douchebag who plays AA only:

I was playing with my troll account intending to have 1 kill, 0 deaths, just for sh*ts and giggles. I notice this particular player is getting a bunch of kills ( treedsasquatch ) so I investigate and find him and his team camped behind a wall in Central Park, using the AA/Cover system to nail anybody who got close. So, being my troll character, I randomly messaged him and called him a pussy. He of course replies something about me sucking, so I start playing seriously. I end up with least deaths and second most kills.

I then decide I will play the second game for real. So, being an AA On game, I spent most of my game standing on a corner hitting headshots when these guys came close. With AA on, you can stand on a corner and your AA will lock in even if you aren't peaking the minute they are in range, so I do this little trick over and over and over to the tune of 48 kills while level 9 douchebag scores a whopping 20 kills. I send another taunting message and leave to go to work.

Log on in the morning to a message accusing me of being a pussy because I HIDE (this from the guy I found crouching behind a wall for 5 minutes), telling me he knew I was going to run away after the game (this after a 2 game total of about 70 kills while his was about 40-45), etc.

Typical AA on, high level bitch and there are so many of them.

Folks, if you got your 9 or 10 stars and refuse to play Disallow games, what does that say about your level? It says, to me, that you live in your comfort zone and don't want to move up to the big leagues, pretty much.

This is not to bash AA on games, to each their own. I certainly play them when I have to, it's just that if I can rack up 48 kills doing nothing more than standing on a corner waiting for AA to lock on, it isn't a real challenge.

It also makes driving worthless. It makes running in zig zags at somebody worthless. It makes the knife worthless. It makes the pistol worthless against the M4 or AK (in a disallow game, I've been able to kill people with larger guns because of aim, while AA renders this meaningless).

Then again it is fun pwning high level AA players with my low level troll account and my response is always the same to them when they bitch about anything: You're the one bitching about an auto aim game! Don't play AA then if you're going to bitch when you get pwn3d by somebody who figured out more tricks than you!
  • B Dawg likes this

ihasamelon
  • ihasamelon

No Melon No Cry

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Cyrius @ Oct 31 2008, 00:21)
Press Aim button you know exactly were the opponent is, the aim stays with him as you move.
If he is in a car, no mater how fast he is going the aim centers dead on the driver, all you need to worry about is line up the shoot and fire with the most accuracy and you win.

That's not true, when someone is moving at good speed the AA compensates and lags behind them a little. Only If your right in front/behind of them it'll stay dead center

On another note I've fallen out with AA off for the time being due to lag. Being behind cover waiting for some guy to peek round only for him to teleport to right beside you due to lag with AA on you can rectify it very quickly, without if they have a decent weapon your dead. Very annoying.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:03 PM Edited by Chukkles, 31 October 2008 - 02:08 PM.

I do love AA off, I even started useing it in single player from the start of my second playthrough, But there is 3 things that bugged me.

1. The Mission "Catch the Wave" seems impossible to complete without AA, The guy your with always dies. So I turned it back on for this one mission.
2. Melee fighting, you can target them like AA but it won't let you switch targets like on AA, So it's almost impossible to get the Counter attack achievment.
3. As soon as you target Someone Melee fighting with AA off, your AA rating drops to 99%. (because it will target them like AA on), But as I say in Point 2 you can't switch.

I still have a 98% AA off rating.

But Other than those 3 points I play AA off in SP and prefer it off in MP.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

And while we're bitching about game options, turn the cops off too.
angry.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:08 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 31 October 2008 - 03:11 PM.

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Oct 31 2008, 07:28)
Typical AA on, high level bitch and there are so many of them.

Folks, if you got your 9 or 10 stars and refuse to play Disallow games, what does that say about your level? It says, to me, that you live in your comfort zone and don't want to move up to the big leagues, pretty much.

There are levels of experience in an AA on game...despite what many claim.

I got my Rank 9 in DM only with mostly AA on games. The following is NOT trash talk, just a simple fact...

I have absolutely, positively mastered AA on. Since the third week of this game's release (when I was rank 3 or 4), I have come in first in ALL but maybe 10 matches with AA on. And I challenge absolutely anyone in a AA on match and I am confident I will win, hands down.

Two things about this fact...

1. I worked hard to master all techniques for AA on games (and there ARE seperate techniques for these type matches).

2. ...and this is a big one...about 2 months ago, I STARTED PLAYING AA OFF! Having spent a month playing AA off, I went back to AA on and was just that much better (mainly do to capping apponents B4 they got into AA range).

I love both type matches now...the simple and fast paced nature of AA on, and the strategic value of AA off.

I also think that ppl who refuse to play AA off after they master AA on are, well, just lazy, and will never get good enough at AA off to see how much more dynamic the game is that way.

I am currently getting better and better at AA off games and believe that soon I will be able to compete in what SuperJude (SJ) described as "The Big Leagues". Do to my old age (not THAT old...40) and declined reflexes, I don't think that I will ever be able to make the claim about AA off that I did above about AA on games.

But, my goal is to be a very serious thorn in you young ppl's sides. I will be extremely happy with driving better AA off players crazy and having them HAVE to deal with me, even if I end up losing.

I agree with SJ that if you are not striving to be the best player possible, then why play...its not like we are really getting paid.

Anyway, all you AA off players that like to talk trash?

I am practicing and am comin for ya!

See ya in LC!

Edit:
And while we're bitching about game options, turn the cops off too.

Agree 100% icon14.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

You aren't all that much older than myself, ChristopherD so yeah, I get a high sense of amusement from the fact an old sk00l gamer such as myself can still put the whooping on all these teens and early 20 somethings who grew up with video game systems while mine was, yes, Pong.

I know what you mean about mastering AA. Like I said, my corner trick (not cornering, but standing on the corner, just out of view, and using the toggle stick to swing the view around) has come in handy so many times, not to mention some other tricks but I'll be the first to admit there are some people that just do better than me, regardless, with AA on. They also tend to be the hosts of the room playing on their favo level, but still...some guys just have it down.

A new thing I've been messing with is disabling AA totally, playing whatever game with it off. I then forget I have it off and forget I'm in an AA game, then wonder how these n00bs are such good shots. LULZ!@

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

I can use AA off or on, but prefer on, due to laziness.
cool.gif

Leon_S
  • Leon_S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:08 PM Edited by Leon_S, 31 October 2008 - 04:13 PM.

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Oct 31 2008, 15:08)
I agree with SJ that if you are not striving to be the best player possible, then why play...its not like we are really getting paid.

Why play?? Um to have fun? You know, the original purpose of a video game? wink.gif I've always played to have fun I could care less about becoming the best in an online community in some video game. sigh.gif this mentality of dominance would probably explain why everyone's always turning FM into endless pointless deathmatches instead of at least trying to think of more creative ways to kill people, or just trying to find other things to do in general confused.gif I just laugh whenever sh*t happens whether I get killed or not or lose a race or whatever, but well I guess to each his own right? You guys enjoy playing to become great players, while others like me just play for the sake of enjoying themselves cool.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Leon_S @ Oct 31 2008, 12:08)
QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Oct 31 2008, 15:08)

Why play?? Um to have fun? You know, the original purpose of a video game? wink.gif I've always played to have fun I could care less about becoming the best in an online community in some video game. sigh.gif this mentality of dominance would probably explain why everyone's always turning FM into endless pointless deathmatches instead of at least trying to think of more creative ways to kill people, or just trying to find other things to do in general confused.gif I just laugh whenever sh*t happens whether I get killed or not or lose a race or whatever, but well I guess to each his own right? You guys enjoy playing to become great players, while others like me just play for the sake of enjoying themselves cool.gif

Ok...I actually agree with you completely. Ultimately, its a video game and it is supposed to be fun. My point, however, is that I am now playing AA off because it is not fun for me with AA on because I win 99% of the time.

I guess for some ppl winning ALL the time is fun...its just not me.

And as far as pwning younger folks...

This game was my 1st experience playing online and I originally had no thoughts that I might be better than anyone else. When I was better t5han most, however, I was completely flabberghasted! I mean, I had been playing Halo I, II, and III with my wife's brothers (twenty-somethings) and my son and his friends (teens) and never won. I mean NEVER! I still enjoyed playing, but was resigned to the fact that I was going to lose 99 % of the time.

I had expected it to be the same online in GTA. It wasn't and isn't. I think it is the 3rd-person view that makes it so that I can compete. It kinda cancels out the reflex advantage you younger folk have in FPShooters.

So yea, SJ, it thrills me to no end to hear teens screaming at me that i am a cheater when they can't figure out how to beat me! lol.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

Yeah it's all about fun. To me fun is mastering something I sucked wretchedly at when I started and getting good enough to hang with the Big Dogs. I'm certainly not a top flight shooter but I do pretty well for myself. But I'm also an old sk00l gamer, like I said, and the purpose of a game, aside from fun (or part of the fun, whatever) is mastering that particular game.

I never played any game on easy settings, and I knew playing this game I would never be a good shooter till I could play with AA off. Just my personal opinion, of course. To each their own. If playing easy/lazy fits, so be it. I played that way for a couple months, no biggie. I just feel there are way more possibilities for fun with AA off.

jadey16
  • jadey16

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

im not the best free-aimer, it takes too long to get in position for a shot and one tiny twitch of the hand on the analogue and you lose it. so if i just want a bit more fast paced TDM then most of the time i do make a room with AA on.

but i cannot play TWs like that anymore cos ive gotten so used to it. i hate joining a TW and finding blips - all and aa on and it being the middle of the bright sunny day. ruins all the fun plus when im hiding they find me ):

i also hate having weapons set to weak! pistols are just icon13.gif

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

You tend to have a wider view in 3rd person games, It makes the game more about strategy than reaction time.

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:13 AM

AA makes the game too easy and boring I LOVE it when its off but if its on I'll kindly ask them to take it off and if they don't then I'm gonna rip them a new asshole with their AA sh*t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users