Photo

which is better GTAIV or GTASA

40 replies to this topic
honeypan245
  • honeypan245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:33 AM

which game is better: san andreas or GTA IV?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

No point asking it over here. Most people will say San Andreas. Perosnally, I haven't played IV, so I don't know which is better. But one thing is for sure - SA is a great game and I don't see myself throwing it away even after IV comes out for PC.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:54 AM

I like both of them. It's like asking what's more better for transportation? Car or boat?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

LS1 powered

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:11 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 30 October 2008 - 07:17 AM.

Both are awesome, but I like IV just a fraction more. The gangsta theme in SA does my head in. I've never been a fan of it, but the game itself is incredible.

They're really at two ends of the sandbox spectrun. SA is on the wacky, fun side, and IV is on the gritty, realistic side.

Depends what you're into. It's almost asking which is better Goodfellas, or Menace II Society?

• lol232 likes this

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

IV for graphics and that is it.
You cant even fly planes, what the hell were they thinking.
SA for gameplay, storyline, map and everything else.

SA + IV's graphics = best game ever created.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

NiSsAn_BoY
  • NiSsAn_BoY

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

Right now I would say SA, because ive heard on IV that you do mosth
things like you can on SA, so im in no big rush to get it for PC

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Oct 30 2008, 09:11)
It's almost asking which is better Goodfellas, or Menace II Society?

Menace II Society without a doubt. Gangsta movies > Mobsters.

Anyways, I'd say SA, more replay value, more fun and better soundtrack. IV has the realistic feeling to it though. But I prefer fun to realism.

maxrevv
  • maxrevv

A man with hat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

No doubt GTA SA for its replay value.....but then GTA IV PC= Chances of Modding: Absolutely, sounds very tempting..

marlobomfunk
  • marlobomfunk

Daredevil

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Oct 30 2008, 06:36)
No point asking it over here. Most people will say San Andreas. Perosnally, I haven't played IV, so I don't know which is better. But one thing is for sure - SA is a great game and I don't see myself throwing it away even after IV comes out for PC.

Yeah homie you're pretty right , neither me throwing San Andreas away ... even if i finished gta 4 it's still A Great Game !

It's remarkable ! 1 cookie.gif For You !

Respect Homie ! biggrin.gif ! biggrin.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

LS1 powered

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Oct 30 2008, 22:50)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Oct 30 2008, 09:11)
It's almost asking which is better Goodfellas, or Menace II Society?

Menace II Society without a doubt. Gangsta movies > Mobsters.

Anyways, I'd say SA, more replay value, more fun and better soundtrack. IV has the realistic feeling to it though. But I prefer fun to realism.

Personally for me it's Mobster>Gangsta, but I wont hold that against you, as everyone has their own opinion. smile.gif

JayMASTER
  • JayMASTER

Exciting

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

i only use my pc,
thats why i never played GTA IV...
but i watched videos, bought gamemags and invest time in research on websites
i think the game is great but like san andreas? i dont know... i'd give 9,5 points to san andreas but ill wait for GTA IV and soon ill write again in this topic smile.gif

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Oct 30 2008, 07:53)

I dont see SA being a good game with IV graphics.. I mean..Yes IV has great graphics..Even if R* make SA with Iv graphics...It wont look good.. SA is amazing the way it is.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

Imo, GTA SA > GTA IV

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

hmm, i can tell which game is better after I play them both, I played san andreas for 3 years and only now its getting boring, so I am waiting GTA4 now, if I will quit playing GTA4 faster than SA, that means SA is better.

KnightProwl
  • KnightProwl

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

yeah, i love SA, because of the great funny moments in it, and because its my favorite GTA by far, i mean, if ya want releasim, get IV, if ya want fun and better gameplay, get SA, its like this, whos better, SR2 or IV, cause i love them both, SR2 is just like SA, its so fun to play, but it does have its great moments, and its down times, but anyways. just figured id mention that the main reason im playing SA, is because its so easy to mod, to a certain point, and imo, its the best GTA to mod by far, as of now it is, anyways, imo, SA eats IV, just because its way more fun and exciting to play, IV is too realistic imo, SA is just right, and if ya like fun games that are GTA based, try SR or SR2, cause they are my favorite gangster games, anyways, im glad that this community is so cool, i though id mention that too lol, anyways, peace

KP

ThaDoggfather
  • ThaDoggfather

I like women

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (JayMASTER @ Nov 1 2008, 10:05)
i only use my pc,
thats why i never played GTA IV...
but i watched videos, bought gamemags and invest time in research on websites
i think the game is great but like san andreas? i dont know... i'd give 9,5 points to san andreas but ill wait for GTA IV and soon ill write again in this topic smile.gif

Me too!! im just busting to play IV and use the DLC

JayMASTER
  • JayMASTER

Exciting

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (KnightProwl @ Nov 3 2008, 03:06)
yeah, i love SA, because of the great funny moments in it, and because its my favorite GTA by far, i mean, if ya want releasim, get IV, if ya want fun and better gameplay, get SA

yeah thats right, gta iv is like real life, not like that, but its not far away... san andreas has a great feeling, i had much fun with that game

GTA: the best of gaming!

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:37 AM

I prefer GTA4 over SA just because GTA4 makes more sense to me than SA. I feel like GTA4 leans towards the more casual audience than SA which leans toward the young hardcore audience. Most of the basic stuff in GTA4 is available near the start while it takes time to unlock the stuff in SA. Most of my friends are casual gamers, unfortunately, and they tell me GTA4 was a better game than SA. The farthest anyone of them has gone in SA was the end of San Fierro and in GTA4 the end of Algonquin.

iam'sink
  • iam'sink

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

sa fo lyfe

rmws.
  • rmws.

sup

• Members

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

sa fo lyfe

Agree. Don't know why, but I hate GTA IV

puffinslaughter
  • puffinslaughter

King of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

SA, as much as I preferred IV's mobster theme over SA's gangsta theme, I hate how they just discarded the GTA3 canon without a proper explanation. It was just left hanging and was unresolved.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Members

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

GTA IV is an excellent game, and I am glad that I bought it. However, I like GTA SA a bit more. It has the fun factor and just a lot more to do in the game. I actually loved the gangsta storyline of SA as well. Don't get me wrong, GTA IV is excellent and I still play it, but I had more fun with SA.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

I'm 50/50 with both but go for IV.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:56 AM

This is a stupid topic.

San Andreas is old now. And it had wayy to many graphical on-screen slowdowns and stops. The gameplay on the screen didn't run as smooth.

Plus, there's much more to do in GTA IV.

Better characters and storylines to.

Brucie FTW!

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:48 AM

I certainly hope IV is better than SA. I've played San Andreas on and off for about 2 years and just can't get interested in it (it's not CJ and his 'yo' attitude, it's just the game, although that way of talking sh!ts me to tears, especially when done by Caucasian people who tend to drive four cylinder hatchbacks with 3" exhausts and the trademark rap going full blast on their stock system with just a sub added); I can play GTA3, Vice City and the two Stories games (on PS2) all day. The one thing I can not stand on the later games is the fact R* killed off the numbers for stupid graphical bars, and the fact it's about four times as easy to get killed and busted in SA than the others. Whatever you do, do NOT jack a car from the drivers side on it, and do not even think of tapping 'exit' only once if you want to get out of a STOPPED car on fire; then even if you do get out alive you'll be either wasted by the explosion, or having a flashing health bar and be wasted by a cop/gang member seconds after. And why not add a 4 star wanted level for exploring new areas of the game before 'release'? That's the one and only stupid thing about almost every GTA so far, the fact that it 'hides' most of the map from the start in the first place.

Poor gameplay and control glitches, and stupid waste-of-time ideas like fat/muscle/girlfriends/sports/gambling 'skills' have made SA a real pathetic excuse of a game for me, it's as though it's a clone of a GTA (like Saint's Row) rather than the feel of the earlier ones. They should have left it at driving and shooting skills and that's all.

If GTA IV runs on my current P4 based machine I might be interested, if it's 64-bit or dual/quad core only, requires half a gig of VRAM, 2GB of memory and 10GB of hard disk space just to run at 20fps, it's on my sh!tlist until I upgrade, and that won't be for a very long time.

If these multiple versus posts on each forum displayed every single GTA game instead of only one vs another, I'd put III and VC equal first, LCS third, VCS fourth and leave it at that. For me, San Andreas was better when it was part of GTA 1.

AKM DARK MASTER
  • AKM DARK MASTER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by lil weasel, 16 December 2013 - 10:16 PM. new into old of same nature.

EDIT: << Merged 'new' topic into existing topic of same nature >>

i bought new computer and i want to download gta game but i dont know what is the best game  San Andreas or IV some of my friends say the best is San Andreas and some of him say is IV now i dont know what is the best game i played san andreas and its excellent game and i want to try iv but im really dont know what is the best game so please can any one tell me what is the best gta game ever

fuzzel
  • fuzzel

The wierdest of the lot.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

get everything....

vice city, SA, IV and V

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 18 December 2013 - 08:17 PM.

IMO IV Stomps the Living  sh*t out of San Andreas S.A Is Ridiculously Overrated i tried going back and playing it  a few days back i just could not do it.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

GTA SA vs GTA V? V4life. GTA SA vs GTA IV?

SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life SA4life

IV for graphics and that is it.
You cant even fly planes, what the hell were they thinking.
SA for gameplay, storyline, map and everything else.

which is GTA V :p

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

SA is more fun, but IV is overall better. With that said, my choice is GTA III.

• lol232 and GTAKid667 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users