Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

New info from Gamespot:
http://www.gamefaqs....ata/952150.html
EU/AU - still November 21
US - December 2
Hope they won't delay the game for Europe cause there are more PC gamers in Europe than in USA.

dvs_angel
  • dvs_angel

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Oct 28 2008, 22:45)
K, but I still don't understand his post. What does February have with November?

Eh, don't worry about it, the guy's just being a troll. Ignore him.

texan1985
  • texan1985

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

I still think it's all rumors, or pre order shipping delays. Websites get their info from other websites and if one website has a false release date then it spreads like a disease. ...again just wishful thinking lol.. confused.gif

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (dvs_angel @ Oct 28 2008, 23:06)

I think he was just "havin' a laugh".

It starts with a few drinks here and there. Next thing you know, you're experimenting with illegal drugs. Before you know it, you're making posts like Flat Face did.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (DML @ Oct 28 2008, 15:09)

It starts with a few drinks here and there. Next thing you know, you're experimenting with illegal drugs. Before you know it, you're making posts like Flat Face did.

Funny fact though, I didn't realize it until now, but if you are born on that one "extra" day, you get to celebrate your birthday "properly" only every four years. I think this is perfect for women biggrin.gif wouldn't you say.

Every day you learn something new. Even trolls have their purpose, I guess. But I understand what you are saying. One day you are having a few laughs and smoke some twigs with your pals and before you know it your family and friends are ashamed of you as you stopped making any sense and have become a bantering troll. A sad destiny for a young soul.

dvs_angel
  • dvs_angel

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (DML @ Oct 28 2008, 23:09)

Ah, it all makes sense now. Moral of this story: don't do drugs, kids. You'll end up like Flat Face.

Anyway, about this delay, I can't imagine why they'd only delay the US release and not the EU/AU one. Don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth but it's mighty strange. Or it could just be that, for some reason, it's taking longer for EU/AU stores to release updates about the delay.

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

from gamespot :
user posted image
pretty strange, 2 months later
but gamespot changes the date only when the game's company answers positive
why the delay you think?

well, there goes some online server and some people to play online, damnit

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

forums.gamer.co.il

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

I think that a delay of the european release date is just a matter of time... sad.gif

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

lol strange dontgetit.gif
i opened a thread with the same name and same thing that goes down the title.. thread disappeared strange lol

anyway.. tomer, im sure they will buy it from the internet or something so whatever (hopefully players from GTANet would gather and play on a server, lets do a freeroam for fun)

lama ata asov tomer ze stam.. (this is NOT english, this is sparta!!)

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (RedEnd @ Oct 28 2008, 18:53)
i opened a thread with the same name and same thing that goes down the title.. thread disappeared strange lol

anyway.. tomer, im sure they will buy it from the internet or something so whatever (hopefully players from GTANet would gather and play on a server, lets do a freeroam for fun)

That will be down to me, I merged the two threads but merged it the wrong way so it merged the title as well. I thought it better to merge your post with this one rather than have two separate threads discussing the same thinhg.

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

forums.gamer.co.il

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (RedEnd @ Oct 28 2008, 17:53)

toda al haidud ahi!
Hebrew FTW!

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Tomern11 @ Oct 28 2008, 16:12)
I think that a delay of the european release date is just a matter of time... sad.gif

signed

i_speel_good
  • i_speel_good

My nick's short is Speel.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

I just thought of something...
Ever wondered why the new commercial said "COMING SOON to the PC"?

Perhaps, a delay is the reason...

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:26 AM Edited by mkey82, 30 October 2008 - 07:53 AM.

QUOTE (i_speel_good @ Oct 30 2008, 07:31)
I just thought of something...
Ever wondered why the new commercial said "COMING SOON to the PC"?

Perhaps, a delay is the reason...

If they are delaying the game because of the commercial then R*/T2 is even more stupid then I thought. They had six months to layout the "business" plan for PC and mark some key dates on their f*cking calendar. You know, just to be prepared.

Something like this

April 29th - go on a vacation
May 5th - while on vacation, gloat over nice console sales
May 6th - have dirty phone calls and exchange frivolous sms messages with our MS and Sony masters
May 20th - come back from a vacation
May 21th to June 6th - go down on our MS and Sony masters
June 7th - start to actually work
June 8th - make plans for a PC release
June 25th - an urgent meeting with MS to discuss their oh-so-precious DLC
June 26th - since we haven't done anything in DLC department we need to take one HARD up the ass from MS executives, while Sony representatives are watching
July 6th - make plans for an official PC release date for October 1st
July 7th - have an urgent meeting with MS about the PC release date
July 8th - change the planned PC release date for November 18th
August 6th - announce the PC version by raising as little media attention as possible
October 1st - make plans for PC console trailer
October 2nd - have an urgent meeting with MS about the PC trailer
October 3rd - change some details about the PC trailer
October 7th - release the PC console trailer.
October 20th - Dan has to go to a herpetologist for an exam. Makes appointment for November 18th
October 21st - silently push back the PC release date for two weeks
October 23rd - as the PC version is as good as it will ever be, start working on MS DLC

Bodom247
  • Bodom247

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Oct 30 2008, 06:26)
If they are delaying the game because of the commercial then R*/T2 is even more stupid then I thought. They had six months to layout the "business" plan for PC and mark some key dates on their f*cking calendar. You know, just to be prepared.

Something like this

April 29th - go on a vacation
May 5th - while on vacation, gloat over nice console sales
May 6th - have dirty phone calls and exchange frivolous sms messages with our MS and Sony masters
May 20th - come back from a vacation
May 21th to June 6th - go down on our MS and Sony masters
June 7th - start to actually work
June 8th - make plans for a PC release
June 25th - an urgent meeting with MS to discuss their oh-so-precious DLC
June 26th - since we haven't done anything in DLC department we need to take one HARD up the ass from MS executives, while Sony representative are watching
July 6th - make plans for an official PC release date for October 1st
July 7th - have an urgent meeting with MS about the PC release date
July 8th - change the planned PC release date for November 18th
August 6th - announce the PC version by raising as little media attention as possible
October 1st - make plans for PC console trailer
October 2nd - have an urgent meeting with MS about the PC trailer
October 3rd - change some details about the PC[ trailer
October 7th - release the PC console trailer.
October 20th - Dan has to go to a herpetologist for an exam. Makes appointment for November 18th
October 21st - silently push back the PC release date for two weeks
October 23rd - as the PC version is as good as it will ever be, start working on MS DLC

LOL!!! classic. I live in New Zealand, we're the same as AUS release date, I wonder if ours will be delayed, i can't see how just USA would, if anything, I'd assume EURO/AUS delays... whatsthat.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Bodom247 @ Oct 30 2008, 08:53)
I live in New Zealand, we're the same as AUS release date, I wonder if ours will be delayed, i can't see how just USA would, if anything, I'd assume EURO/AUS delays... whatsthat.gif

I'm sure we'll all get delayed.

adri1456
  • adri1456

GTA Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

Newegg.com also has it for the latter date.

The only good thing about this delay is that I can actually get the game w/out preordering it since I get paid every 2 weeks (I'll give it to myself as an early christmas present)

thastrogg
  • thastrogg

PC GAMER And A Strogg?

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

Yes its been delayed

http://www.gamespot....eatures;title;1

To lazy to click?

Amazon, GameStop bump ship date for Rockstar Games' top-rated open-world action adventure two weeks beyond official November 18 launch.

In its two weeks on the market, Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 did more business than most other games could hope for over the course of their entire life spans. Take-Two and Rockstar are hoping to carry that momentum into the holiday season, given that they're releasing all-new downloadable content for the Xbox 360 edition as well as a PC version of the game.

However, gamers may have to wait just a bit longer to jump behind the wheel of Roman's taxi on the PC, if a handful of retailers are to be believed. Both Amazon and GameStop are now under the impression that the PC edition of GTAIV will be available on December 2, two weeks later than Rockstar's previously announced shipping date of November 18.

As has been proven innumerable times in the past, retailers are often fed tips by publishers so that they can properly allocate resources and promotional materials. Rockstar had not responded to GameSpot's inquiry as of press time.

Grand Theft Auto IV requires little in the way of explanation, and any perfunctory attempt would be trite at best. The game scored top marks from GameSpot upon its console release earlier this year. GTAIV went on to set a Guinness World Record for "the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment," having sold 3.6 million units and earned $310 million within its first 24 hours on the market. As of last month, the game had sold more than 10 million units worldwide.

For more on the game, check out GameSpot's exhaustive previous coverage

Its not 100 % proven to be delayed but i 50 % think so thank god i live in russia now

To those wondering if dlc will be availible on pc the answer is yes

they're releasing all-new downloadable content for the Xbox 360 edition as well as a PC version of the game

looloolooigotsomeapples
  • looloolooigotsomeapples

Winnar

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

Today amazon was asking me to verify my desire for it still to ship because the estimated arrival date changed from November 24th to December 8th.
It also said "we have gotten word from the publishers..."

Delightful
  • Delightful

Always in for a game

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

and in the IGN preview they're also talking about 2 december. We're officially f*cked! confused.gif

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

Relax, a couple of days won't hurt.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Got my own theme music, plays wherever I are.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hey, be grateful they didn't push it back 6 months like they did last time.

apos2008
  • apos2008

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

what about europe ?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

Well, 2/3 weeks longer wait ain't that much... Yes, I'd also like to play the game 'asap', but it's not that we're going to die because of it!

On top of that, go and pick up Call of Duty: World at War in the meantime... it's going to be a blast if I must believe the gameplay video's/opinions from friends!

-vilx-
  • -vilx-

F*** all the rest, IV is the best.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

oh no no no no .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif angry.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif f*ck f*ck f*ck fuuuuucck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R* why do you do this to us ? sad.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

Agree. It's only 2 weeks.

We're officially f*cked!

Really f*cked were console gamers. So read the quote before.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

I think we can pretty much say the delay has happened. I have edited the title and turned this thread into the "official" delay discussion thread now.

apos2008
  • apos2008

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

hope that still remain 21 of november at least for europe otherwise i will be playing need for speed or call of duty world at war until it gets released...Damn rockstar you destroyed me devil.gif and i have been counting days now its month not weeks devil.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Oct 30 2008, 21:31)

Agree. It's only 2 weeks.

We're officially f*cked!

Really f*cked were console gamers. So read the quote before.

Yeah lol, nobody expected a 6 month delay lol. Ahh the good ol days, it feels like yesterday, when we were flooded with "OMG DELAY" threads lol.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

So, with GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas all being released on time (6 months after console releases), it seems that Rockstar have gotten pretty bad at meeting deadlines. Everything they said the PC version will be "getting" should've already had capabilities in the game engine for. They obviously never tested the engine on PC, never intended to test it (until the last minute), and will probably make sweeping changes in the future, which ALSO will not be tested on PC.

If it were me directing the game's development (or a different, more-competent game development team), the tiny list of differences with the PC version would've already been accounted for. Changing a couple of graphical SETTINGS, adding mouse and keyboard support, adding a replay system, and "expanding" the multiplayer, all seem like engine-level enhancements. If Rage was ever intended to be a multi-platform engine, then these features should've been implemented when the engine was first developed.

People who say "it's distribution" or "it's only 2 weeks or so" are missing the point.

"it's distribution": If this is the case, then why wasn't distribution prepared and started earlier, so as to meet the demands of the PC crowd which they've been royally-screwing these past few years? Why did development take so long, that distribution became a last-minute rush-job?
"it's only 2 weeks or so": It still means that they make PC gamers wait a further 2 weeks. Are they going to actually promote the f*cking game during the extra, undeserved 2-weeks of pre-release time? I don't f*cking think so. Nope. Hey, it might even be a stealth-job; with Garret from Thief hired to sneak the copies onto store shelves...hoping not be spotted by consumers.

Who knows... who the f*ck knows...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users