366 replies to this topic
YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:27 AM

I just notice on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B001BNFQKO

If you notice they have it now as "This item will be released on December 2, 2008."

OMG no way.. can this be??? mad.gif mad.gif

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:58 AM

What the f*ck? mad.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:58 AM

OMG! Amazon is the final and ultimate authority on everything! DOOM!

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:23 AM

Yeah Amazon they are known for their accuracy aren't they. You just need to look at that page to see they can't tell their arse from their elbow. Apparently according to Amazon GTA 4 will run in windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows ME (not a chance in hell will it). So if they got that wrong what's to say they didn't get over stuff like the release date wrong.

I could equally show you another 10 retail sites that are all stating GTA 4 for the PC is being released on 18/21st November, so why should we believe Amazon above all other retail sites ?

The official date is 18th/21st November, I see no reason why that should change and I think I would rather trust official sources over Amazon.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:30 AM Edited by Street Mix, 25 October 2008 - 06:38 AM.

And what about this: still November 21
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001EO74NW/
http://www.amazon.de.../dp/B001E1DDDA/

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Oct 25 2008, 13:23)
Apparently according to Amazon GTA 4 will run in windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows ME (not a chance in hell will it). So if they got that wrong what's to say they didn't get over stuff like the release date wrong.

And apparently Niko's name is 'Nikko Belloc'.

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Oct 25 2008, 13:33)
And apparently Niko's name is 'Nikko Belloc'.

Oh yeah... That's f*cking right, isn't it?
QUOTE (amazon.co.uk)
Manufacturer's Description
What does the American dream mean today? For Nikko Belloc fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape his past......

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:22 PM

amazon sucks
they claim IV would run on DirectX 7
time to pull off my old 5200 that supports DX7

why not, GTA IV will run on DX1 wont it?

amazon sucks..

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

The game is already complete. Can't be delayed, btw amazon sux. :D

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (FunGt @ Oct 25 2008, 13:25)
The game is already complete. Can't be delayed, btw amazon sux. biggrin.gif

O rly?
the game has gone gold isnt it?
now they are making copies
man, i wish my father would work in rockstar, i could beta test IV for Rockstar in PC biggrin.gif

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

forums.gamer.co.il

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

The fact that according to amazon GTA IV can run on windows ME and 98 and vista isn't written at all says everything about the release date they've wrote.

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

All people know that Amazon's words are bullsh*t.
GTA IV will released on 18/21 Nov and just XP and Vista can run it.

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

Lol, amazon really sucks dicks off and needs to be raped by Jack Thompson! lol.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

But earlier Amazon said that Mirror's Edge PC would be released on January 6th. And it's true! So I don't like this. bored.gif

texan1985
  • texan1985

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

watch the announcement coming soon, actually be a delay announcement.....

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Oct 25 2008, 04:23)
I could equally show you another 10 retail sites that are all stating GTA 4 for the PC is being released on 18/21st November, so why should we believe Amazon above all other retail sites ?

I could listen to the Amazon if she's beautiful turn.gif

Wezz6400
  • Wezz6400

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:11 PM Edited by Wezz6400, 25 October 2008 - 11:13 PM.

It's not delayed, aside from the arguments mentioned by others I'd like to add that Rockstar would not have put that trailer mentioning the PC version in a newsletter send two days ago if they were delaying it. Besides, with little over three weeks to go they are very close to going gold, if they haven't already (the announcement of the gold copy is usually later than the actual finishing of it). Hell, they wouldn't have showed it to journalists a couple of days ago when it was going to be delayed!

Why don't we stop pulling strings here and give Rockstar a bit of credit. They didn't announce the console versions delay three weeks before the planned release, now did they?

GTA_Godfather
  • GTA_Godfather

PC Advocate

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hey guys, don't flame me, but I just got off the phone with a rep. at Amazon.com and he told me that they got an update from R* saying that they couldn't meet the inventory necessary for distribution by Nov. 21. This is why the site shows Dec. 2. If it were some small-time seller, I wouldn't make much of it. I have to think there's validity/credibility to this. If true, I do not know if this means the European release date would be after Dec. 2 or not. Take it for what it's worth.

Be positive! If it's wrong, then great. It will come sooner than we think (the original release date). If it's true, then it's only a few extra days. No big deal either way.

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

forums.gamer.co.il

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

A delay for the 2nd of december is really not that horrible, but considering the fact that i'm obbssesd to this game since june,
It will be frustrating... sad.gif

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Godfather @ Oct 26 2008, 09:59)
...they couldn't meet the inventory necessary for distribution by Nov. 21.

Sounds like somebody underestimated how many copies they'd need to ship for the PC gamers.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (DML @ Oct 26 2008, 00:49)
QUOTE (GTA_Godfather @ Oct 26 2008, 09:59)
...they couldn't meet the inventory necessary for distribution by Nov. 21.

Sounds like somebody underestimated how many copies they'd need to ship for the PC gamers.

lol true.

that's what those bastards get for making us wait so long.

but in all seriousness, this sucks sad.gif

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

Well, now I can focus on exams just a bit longer I guess..

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

If this is true I will be a bit pissed off about it, sod the damn inventory crap this is the 21st century, release the damn game on a 21st century technology i.e. STEAM. Last time I checked steam doesn't have "inventory troubles".

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Oct 26 2008, 14:42)
"inventory troubles"

It could also be an excuse to cover up the fact that they just f*cked up something with the port, and needed more time. You know...to make it look like they still know what they're doing when developing for the PC.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

It is highly possible that the PC version may be delayed, look at the PS3 and X-Box versions-there were due to release in November of 2007, but got pushed back like 6-months or so. Also, it may be highly possible to play the game on older OS's like 98, 2000, ME, etc, you just may need to update your DX version and stuff. I mean it is easy to update the DX, just by putting your SA disc into your DVD drive and installing DX 9 from that-there is an option for it on the PC SA disc. It just depends on what hardware you have "under the hood"-meaning in the CPU on you PC(2000, 98, ME, etc). As long as you have at least 1GB Ram, a decent Video/Graphics card, A decent Processor, etc, it doesn't matter what OS you have, it should play just fine. For example, just look at Vista, SA, VC, and GTA3 were not made for it, yet thet all still work just as good if not better on Vista than they do on XP. Hope this clears up some confusion and let's not have another debate about the different OS's again or this will be locked by a Mod, just like the last two or three topics were.

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

The guy above:

No, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the game to be delayed. It is only a port plus few extras, they already got the game.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

Haven't any of you learnt anything from previous releases?

Don't f*cking trust Rockstar with release dates, because there is a high probability they will push it back.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 26 2008, 18:01)
Don't f*cking trust Rockstar with release dates, because there is a high probability they will push it back.

Prior to Rockstar entering into the threesome with both Sony AND Microsoft, release dates issued be Rockstar were accurate and rarely subject to change. Now, when they've got their code in a mess, priorities totally out of order, and (it would seem) estimates for how many copies of the PC version of GTA IV they will need, off by a long shot, they can't seem to get the date right.

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:40 AM Edited by TheRealPcGamer, 26 October 2008 - 11:53 AM.

QUOTE (Tomern11 @ Oct 26 2008, 07:19)
A delay for the 2nd of december is really not that horrible, but considering the fact that i'm obbssesd to this game since june,
It will be frustrating... sad.gif

LOL true I'm obsessed this game too since August 6th. Imagine 2 weeks of delay isn't a short time, but hmmm i can more concentrate about my exams coz it will start on 21th Nov. Wow if the game released on the same day, it really makes me want to play that instead of studying. So if GTA IV will delayed, i just disappointed a while then wait for 1 week, the game will on my hand.

And for radioman, do you think that GTA IV PC will released on November 18th 2009? Hell no !!!

EDIT:
I think the mail from R* Propaganda that say Coming soon GTA IV PC News & Media, they will announce that the game will be delayed, and in the same mail they reveal the min. reqs.

Wezz6400
  • Wezz6400

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Oct 26 2008, 04:58)
It is highly possible that the PC version may be delayed, look at the PS3 and X-Box versions-there were due to release in November of 2007, but got pushed back like 6-months or so. Also, it may be highly possible to play the game on older OS's like 98, 2000, ME, etc, you just may need to update your DX version and stuff. I mean it is easy to update the DX, just by putting your SA disc into your DVD drive and installing DX 9 from that-there is an option for it on the PC SA disc. It just depends on what hardware you have "under the hood"-meaning in the CPU on you PC(2000, 98, ME, etc). As long as you have at least 1GB Ram, a decent Video/Graphics card, A decent Processor, etc, it doesn't matter what OS you have, it should play just fine. For example, just look at Vista, SA, VC, and GTA3 were not made for it, yet thet all still work just as good if not better on Vista than they do on XP. Hope this clears up some confusion and let's not have another debate about the different OS's again or this will be locked by a Mod, just like the last two or three topics were.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. The delay of the console version was announced two and a half months before it's original release date, we are now three weeks from the release date. It makes no sense for it to get a major delay. A minor one of one or two weeks is possible but I think unlikely as it would have most likely been announced by now already. One spokesperson from Amazon isn't enough to go by as far as I'm concerned. He could be misinformed or just talking out of his ass to cover up a mistake that was made in writing that page, who knows.

Second, the old operating systems will not be supported. The 9x series are no longer supported by Microsoft, not even with security patches anymore. Furthermore the install base has gotten way too small to justify spending resources on supporting them, which is quite expensive as the game has to be made to run on those and the game has to be fully tested on each platform. This is not going to happen. In fact, the only reason XP is still supported is because so many people still haven't switched to Vista (including myself).

Oh and don't confuse backwards compatibility offered by Vista for old applications such as SA with a game actually supporting old operating systems, those are two very different things.

PS: if you don't want a debate on OSes you shouldn't start it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users