Photo

GTA Save Games

4 replies to this topic
Eminutia
  • Eminutia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

I currently have San Andreas installed on my computer. I installed it from the DVD and have not updated it or anything. I've been playing for months, and have all save slots filled. Now I'm thinking of re-installing Windows and I want to keep my San Andreas progress. But I'm afraid if I back up the save files, re-install windows, re-install the game, and copy over to the game from backup, they will not work. I only say this because of past experience in situations like this, where savegame files have been re-copied to the game directory and they did not load. What steps can I take so that I will be successful? Thanks!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

Which OS are you on? Considering that your savefiles are located in My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\, I'd suggest you to backup only the savefiles and not any other files located in that folder (only *.b files that is).

The last time you tried, you must have copied the gta_sa.set files too. That file has to be deleted after a hardware/software change or your savegames won't load. Don't bother copying it. It's regenerated automatically when you start the game.

*asim*
  • *asim*

OG

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:35 AM

A re-install of your OS and your game will in no way effect how your current save files are progressing.

All you need to do is get into your GTA: San Andreas User Files folder, and backup the files GTASAsf1.b through GTASAsf8.b (Assuming you have all your save slots filled)

Do not copy the gta_sa.set, as Girish said, it is re-generated everytime you run the game.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

You can leave gta_sa.set file, like I did. It saves you time to resetting all the setting that you've done.

The game may not work if you install a different OS or a new piece of hardware. But if you use the same OS and PC it would be smooth. Nevertherless, you can always delete it after.

Eminutia
  • Eminutia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

OK Thanks I will try!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users