» «
Photo

Police Chases.

4 replies to this topic
Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:33 PM Edited by Mr. Someguy, 26 October 2008 - 11:36 PM.

Ok, so I just played SR2, and I have to say, I am impressed. It is a very good game and I think Rockstar can learn a few things from it. However that's not what this topic is about. 1 thing really got my attention. The cops actually chase you! Even at a 1 star wanted level, they will follow you. Now even Driver had this, why doesn't GTA? I think GTA cops should chase you until you lose them, the AI should be programmed to take the fastest, most efficient, and least destructible path to get you. But if the AI get's confused, then it should simply follow the exact tracks that you took with your car. Police Cars should also be a high performance vehicle, being able to outrun almost all civilian cars except for the upper class style cars. They will have excellent acceleration and high speed. It should handle something like the Sultan RS. Also, the AI should be given extra traction to make up for the lack of ability to complete turns that only [skilled] players can do.

What do you guys think?

archey
  • archey

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:38 PM Edited by archey, 26 October 2008 - 11:42 PM.

Yeah! i played driver 2 on ps1 had no clue there was missions, all i did was steal cars, had no clue why cops were after me tounge.gif was like 10 years old.

Nexus Hi-Sci
  • Nexus Hi-Sci

The Lance Vance Dance. POP it!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:56 AM

The GTA series is quite similar to Driver on the PSX... biggrin.gif

Anyway, about the topic:

Police vehicles (level 1 and 2) are actually meant to be slower than FBI cars in this game. It's because the police only track down criminals who are caught nagging guns at civilians, hit-and-running pedestrians, etc. The police forced is the weakest in the GTA chase force. The SWAT comes next, with bigger cars suited to block any high-speed cars at any cause. The FBI has those modified Cruisers, Cheetahs, Washingtons and Ranchers for high-speed chases (chasing cars like the Comet and the Turismo). The Army, being the highest form in the attack force, are committed on destroying the criminal's car which attained the 6th wanted level. Thus the Rhino's taunting presence on ground.

Meh, I stick to the current ones.

iamanevilbastard
  • iamanevilbastard

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:01 AM

I agree with keeping the old law enforcement, but the average cops should have high-performance muscle versions of their current vehicles. In Australia, for example, the cops have cars with V8 engines

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

i think the first wave of police force should throw their donuts at you tounge2.gif
seriously my fave police chases are the ones from NFS Carbon dont ask me why i just loved the way they worked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users