Photo

Convertible Cars

42 replies to this topic
The BigSlick
  • The BigSlick

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

For the next game, I deffinately think its about time, we can control, convertible cars roofs. For example, if you jumped into a Stallion, we should be able to press a button, which would make the roof go up or down.

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

Agreed, when it rains it's a bit odd to not put the roof up, would be a simple but nice feature.

NiSsAn_BoY
  • NiSsAn_BoY

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

I agree that would be a nice feature

archey
  • archey

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

Agreed, kinda odd to have it rain on your nice seats and radio tounge.gif

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (The BigSlick @ Oct 26 2008, 14:11)
For the next game, I deffinately think its about time, we can control, convertible cars roofs. For example, if you jumped into a Stallion, we should be able to press a button, which would make the roof go up or down.

Yeah, I agree. It should have been in GTA IV but can't win them all. I wanted this feature for a while. After all, you have the option to turn your headlights on/off, so I don't see what's the big problem.

Hopefully next time around.

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Oct 27 2008, 23:40)
After all, you have the option to turn your headlights on/off, so I don't see what's the big problem.

WHERE? In IV? That's not turning them off/on..

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Oct 27 2008, 23:42)
QUOTE (Capricornus @ Oct 27 2008, 23:40)
After all, you have the option to turn your headlights on/off, so I don't see what's the big problem.

WHERE? In IV? That's not turning them off/on..

Actually, it is, well in the day time only.

Kevosk
  • Kevosk

"Kevosk"

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

Yes, but in the time it would take for the roof to go all the way up/down, you'd be able to spot the same type of car you're driving with the roof in the position you want, in the same color. And even before it finished bring the top up/down, you could powerslide in front of it, hop out, steal it and get driving again.

So really, that's a kind of pointless feature and I think Rockstar could be spending their time developing more useful ideas.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Kevosk @ Oct 28 2008, 10:20)
Yes, but in the time it would take for the roof to go all the way up/down, you'd be able to spot the same type of car you're driving with the roof in the position you want, in the same color. And even before it finished bring the top up/down, you could powerslide in front of it, hop out, steal it and get driving again.

So really, that's a kind of pointless feature and I think Rockstar could be spending their time developing more useful ideas.

Yeah you could do that, just like you should be able to decide to not do that and press a button in the car you are already in. As for it being pointless and time spent better on other things, there are many things that some may deem pointless. Like car washes that wash your car maybe?

Nexus Hi-Sci
  • Nexus Hi-Sci

The Lance Vance Dance. POP it!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Oct 28 2008, 02:08)
QUOTE (Kevosk @ Oct 28 2008, 10:20)

Yeah you could do that, just like you should be able to decide to not do that and press a button in the car you are already in. As for it being pointless and time spent better on other things, there are many things that some may deem pointless. Like car washes that wash your car maybe?

Agree to this post. Convertible cars useless, Kevosk? So a character talking trash is essential in-game, huh? Prove me wrong, expert.

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

Tbh, controlling a convertiable car's roof is the equivalent of moving a forklift's forks up and down.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

I actually hoped that this feature should appear in GTA IV but it didn't. So my hope goes on.

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

Something I have wanted since VC driving the stallion.

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

i wana be able to point a gun at someone and control where they walk, make them walk the plank etc..

maybe in MP have some symbols you can put above you head, question mark, arrow etc

and maybe more things o climb, gta parkour! and more melee weapons.. many more melee weapons!

and um.. melee weapons to be usable from cars.. like swing a bat through the window.. throw bricks at peds etc..use the different parts of cars.. like glove box if a cop stpos you to ask you for something.. you can hide guns and such..if you have blood on your car you get a wanted level.. it woulkd roczxxxooeszz!

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

Flat Face what does any of that have to do with convertible cars?

Kevosk
  • Kevosk

"Kevosk"

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Nexus Hi-Sci @ Oct 28 2008, 10:59)
Agree to this post. Convertible cars useless, Kevosk? So a character talking trash is essential in-game, huh? Prove me wrong, expert.

...what are you on? I never even mentioned characters talking trash, I just said that it would be a pointless feature, as Rockstar could be spending their time doing more important things (IE, refining Euphoria or adding more guns). That is to imply that Rockstar's staff have enough advil to peruse these forums for ideas.

Also, what's with that expert comment, too? I never said that I was an expert, and I'm not in it to prove you wrong! You are much too jumpy.

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

I really dont see what the flame war is about.
Its not that big of a deal, and it wouldnt take
much of R*'s time to impliment.

Its just an option to put the roof up or down.

Nexus Hi-Sci
  • Nexus Hi-Sci

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:51 AM

Oh just forget that post, my friend. I'm very n00bish that time (by the term n00bish I meant that I'm very sleepy and couldn't understand anything about the other posts).

I post decent, it's just that I'm frustrated by that time...tounge.gif

+NEXUS+

Trooper911
  • Trooper911

Soldier

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:16 AM

would be easier, instead of having two different types of the same car, one with roof one without.

xxxBdogxxx
  • xxxBdogxxx

Oh hai

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (The BigSlick @ Oct 26 2008, 14:11)

That would be awesome lol.gif

Nexus Hi-Sci
  • Nexus Hi-Sci

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

TOTALLY awesome...wink.gif

GTA_Addict_4
  • GTA_Addict_4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

Yeah this is a great idea.

Perhaps use a system similar to accessing the police database in a police car in GTA4.

When your convertible car is stationary, press L1, and your roof goes up or down.

And when it is raining, all the convertible cars on the road should have their roofs up, and when sunny, they should mostly have their roof down.

TheTruePiMs
  • TheTruePiMs

Old Player

• Members

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (The BigSlick @ Oct 26 2008, 15:11)

You can do it in Midnight Club Los Angeles, so I do think it'll be possible in the next GTA.

VodkaHog
  • VodkaHog

Spy Sappin' My Sentry!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Looks like this is actually happening, just bumping this thread to show how we predicted some features.

TotallyNotClaudeSpeed
  • TotallyNotClaudeSpeed

-Lotus- Coyote Unit

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

In one of CVG's videos and I believe it was when they first seen GTA Online in person they said the man jumped into the sports car and his roof went down..With that being said..it's already been included ladies and gentlemen.

wink.gif icon14.gif

Grrrr
  • Grrrr

Drunk Russian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (TotallyNotClaudeSpeed @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 05:10)
In one of CVG's videos and I believe it was when they first seen GTA Online in person they said the man jumped into the sports car and his roof went down..With that being said..it's already been included ladies and gentlemen.

wink.gif icon14.gif

Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

TotallyNotClaudeSpeed
  • TotallyNotClaudeSpeed

-Lotus- Coyote Unit

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Grrrr @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 05:14)

wink.gif  icon14.gif

Why what awfully exclamation fueled person?

Grrrr
  • Grrrr

Drunk Russian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (TotallyNotClaudeSpeed @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 05:15)
QUOTE (Grrrr @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 05:14)

wink.gif  icon14.gif

Why what awfully exclamation fueled person?

Oh what an outrageous moron.
Why would you grave dig a 5 year old topic?

shin_low
  • shin_low

PatrickJr

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Maybe you can?

You can see the roof open in one of the trailers right?

I'm sure you could Press L3 on the PS3 controller to pop that roof open/close
{No idea about xbox, I don't own one sad.gif }

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

What is up with all the people digging for threads created in stone age..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users