GTA: Dubai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic
andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:22 AM

i was just thinking how cool it would be to have gta in dubai. i dunno what the crime is like in there, but i think it would be cool just going insane in the newest city in the world. and with those palm tree islands and the burj dubai it would insane.

fawlty_towers
  • fawlty_towers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

haha, and when yer running around with yer gay friend bernia al cravihammed in terroil park, prepare for a beheading

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (fawlty_towers @ Oct 25 2008, 06:30)
haha, and when yer running around with yer gay friend bernia al cravihammed in terroil park, prepare for a beheading

Actually, despite initially lagging behind technological and econimical development, their social development as a country is now catching up, so they are very socially advanced and developed - now it seems even overtaking the more traditional Western areas.

And what the f*ck is "Cravihammed" - an ignorant racist attempt to make fun of Arabic names, which actually only worked now to show your own small-mindedness.
Arabic does not have a 'V' letter or sound in the alphabet - and Vivien is the only name in the Arab world to have a 'V' that I know of.
Times like this I find myself attracted to Eugenics!

As for Dubai being a GTA-setting - I'd say a definate no. First, I doubt there is any major criminal groups or organisations there, and crime is pretty low since it's relatively such a small Emerate. Even the whole UAE is too small as a country to have major crime. The only thing I can think of there is wannabe-gangsta car modders.

Secondly, I'd think R* would have a lot of trouble making fun and parodying a culture they know very little of - and the UAE's extremely multi-racial demographic is constantly changing too - so by the time they finnally got the hang of it, it would probably be significantly different.

I'd stay they better stick closer to what they know. US, UK or preferably, a GTA2-like World/Anywhere-City.

!GaMeR!
  • !GaMeR!

Don Montana

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Oct 25 2008, 14:28)
QUOTE (fawlty_towers @ Oct 25 2008, 06:30)

Actually, despite initially lagging behind technological and econimical development, their social development as a country is now catching up, so they are very socially advanced and developed - now it seems even overtaking the more traditional Western areas.

And what the f*ck is "Cravihammed" - an ignorant racist attempt to make fun of Arabic names, which actually only worked now to show your own small-mindedness.
Arabic does not have a 'V' letter or sound in the alphabet - and Vivien is the only name in the Arab world to have a 'V' that I know of.
Times like this I find myself attracted to Eugenics!

As for Dubai being a GTA-setting - I'd say a definate no. First, I doubt there is any major criminal groups or organisations there, and crime is pretty low since it's relatively such a small Emerate. Even the whole UAE is too small as a country to have major crime. The only thing I can think of there is wannabe-gangsta car modders.

Secondly, I'd think R* would have a lot of trouble making fun and parodying a culture they know very little of - and the UAE's extremely multi-racial demographic is constantly changing too - so by the time they finnally got the hang of it, it would probably be significantly different.

I'd stay they better stick closer to what they know. US, UK or preferably, a GTA2-like World/Anywhere-City.

you told right man its people like fawlty_tower who are so idiotic and disrespectful. before i evem clicke don this threads link i knew some idiot would envolve taking the mick out of arab people but luckily you sir put him in his seta.

as for the question, it would be interesting, but i dont know how the storyline would go confused.gif . And there is not much crime rate there.

fawlty_towers
  • fawlty_towers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

haha, calm down, it was only the old-stereotype thing

hitman4hire_47
  • hitman4hire_47

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

how about philippines? the crime rate is high and there many syndicate and illegal doings on this country especially the the city of manila.

GTA.MAD.AJ
  • GTA.MAD.AJ

Sexy Post >

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

Dubai? No Crime what so ever!!

I've been there 5 odd times, very nice - Its got the money, poshest hotel in the world, tallest building in the world, first man made island in the world but it wouldn't work.

Without a doubt, I'd LOVE it, but its a little impossible - Sorry!

Nice thought though. colgate.gif

WingedWarrior
  • WingedWarrior

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

why not?

We wouldn't know what the f*ck everyone is saying.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:58 AM

Meh, that's unfortunately true. And anyway, the whole game would be based on streetracing or something.
Haha, and it'd be cool to see if Niko made Playboy X move to Dubai so he'd bloody well realize that DUBAI ISN'T IN AFRICA.

ThaDoggfather
  • ThaDoggfather

I like women

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (fawlty_towers @ Oct 25 2008, 21:30)

And U will be driving in Sand, and living in Sand Castle Houses

Nito
  • Nito

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

Proof of GTA Dubai?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Dubai Midnight Club: Dubai icon14.gif

TheBlackProject
  • TheBlackProject

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

Now that I think of it, GTA really can't be outside of the US. Maybe I'm on drugs right now, but my opinions recently changed.

Nativedeem
  • Nativedeem

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (ThaDoggfather @ Oct 26 2008, 01:40)

your one of the dumbest persons i ever met.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:51 AM Edited by Kwandilibro, 05 September 2010 - 06:58 AM.

QUOTE (Nativedeem @ Sep 4 2010, 20:34)
QUOTE (ThaDoggfather @ Oct 26 2008, 01:40)

your one of the dumbest persons i ever met.

I saw that name at the top. I lol'd. If you're going to stereotype, do it right. Enough of this half ass sh*t. And if not, keep that flapper closed the f*ck up.

But seriously, sand castles? Your thinking of a beach, stupid. And either way, Dubai is quite the developed place for a country in "the sandcastle region"

No, I'm not Muslim or Middleastern, but seriously? That was worse than most black and woman stereotype combined!

That being said, why the hell would GTA go to Dubai of all places? Besides having a lot of unnecessarily all buildings and fancy man made islands, what's so special about it? And exactly what language do they speak there, and how many ethnicities other than [UAE] call that place home?

Welcome to sandcastles.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010