Photo

Can someone explain the hate?

90 replies to this topic
Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

It's just a bunch of fa**ot Nintendo haters who are mad because there is a new GTA game that is not on there beloved PS3/360 console. All the hate toward Nintendo here is so damn gay.

I won a PS3, Wii, and 360 and I like my Wii the most.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

I think it will be crap, not on my DS.

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (rdbx1234 @ Dec 7 2008, 06:13)
QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Dec 6 2008, 12:04)
I know that in america most people have DS but I believe that if the game was on PSP:

- Piracy would be smaller and people would buy PSPs (DS Emulators are on PC)
- Graphics would be 3d and better
- In europe most people have psp's and they would buy the game

There are also PSP Emulators for the PC.

They can't run any commercial game. Only Potemkin runs 3 games.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

colgate.gif the hate continues.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

My biggest beef over San Andreas Stories is that they say "oh we can't put it on a UMD boohoo" whereas I don't even want it on UMD - I have a PSP but I only get games for it that don't come out on other consoles (maybe I'll get The Force Unleashed, I heard EVERY system it came out on got exclusive secret levels and sh*t.) I want it on PS2 - I mean LCS and VCS came out on PS2 even though they said they wouldn't - I figure SAS should come out too.

RufusThorne
  • RufusThorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Swiechu @ Nov 13 2008, 21:41)
R* always delivers. And takes good care of their merchendise.

Excuse me?!! - GTA IV PC version. SecureROM, Crappy performance issues, A patch that broke more than it fixed. 'Nuff said.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Dec 13 2008, 20:30)
I have a PSP but I only get games for it that don't come out on other consoles (maybe I'll get The Force Unleashed, I heard EVERY system it came out on got exclusive secret levels and sh*t.) I want it on PS2 - I mean LCS and VCS came out on PS2 even though they said they wouldn't - I figure SAS should come out too.

Chinatown Wars is an exclusive though, I think porting LCS & VCS was a bad idea, but hey they did it so.....more people got to play the games.

bldrgnslyr
  • bldrgnslyr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

"Another thing is...playing GTA on a handheld is too cumbersome.
GTA was meant to be played on the regular consoles like the superior and outstanding PlayStation 3 and that other lame piece of junk console made by Microsoft."

no. 1- it isnt cumbersome, you need to learn how to hold it, how hard can it be? not much different to a console controller, id say, from experience.
no. 2- gta was originally made for pc, retard, it only started on consoles because sony bought their way into making it exclusive to ps2. and as to "regular consoles like the superior and outstanding PlayStation 3 and that other lame piece of junk console made by Microsoft".......f*ck off fanboy, dont get me started on how sh*t the ps3 is. you cant have a discussion about a handheld game without it leading to how "superior" and "outstanding" the ps3 is? gtfo, fanboy fagget.

as for actual question of the thread, im not sure how the game will sell, it should go fairly well as most people will be curious as to what it will be like. i myself will be buying it, unless it gets sh*t reviews, which it hopefully shouldnt, as it has pretty cool features.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

I've got nothing against it. I won't be getting it and I think the reversion to top down is kind of bad, but that's just my opinion and I don't dislike the game because of it. I would prefer if it was 3D but I don't mind. As for the fanboy who was going on about the PS3 being superior, I think he needs to get a life and put tht kind of comment elsewhere, where it actually has a foundation in the conversation.

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

It isn't top down genius. It's full 3D.

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (KGBeast @ Jan 1 2009, 21:51)
It isn't top down genius. It's full 3D.

It's in isometric view...

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Smiley001 @ Jan 1 2009, 22:16)
It isn't top down genius.  It's full 3D.

Actually, the game isn't really isometric; it's true 3D through and through. What we've done is place the camera pretty high up during most of the gameplay. There are many reasons for this -- some visual so you get a sense of movement and scale, some regarding the technicalities of the hardware and how many polygons the DS can display -- but the main reason for this decision is one of gameplay

- Gordon Hall, head of developer Rockstar Leeds

Here is the link for ya.

http://www.1up.com/d...age?cId=3171670

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Jan 2 2009, 15:50)

Actually, the game isn't really isometric; it's true 3D through and through. What we've done is place the camera pretty high up during most of the gameplay. There are many reasons for this -- some visual so you get a sense of movement and scale, some regarding the technicalities of the hardware and how many polygons the DS can display -- but the main reason for this decision is one of gameplay

Here is the link for ya.

Thank you for posting that, so we can finally put that annoying rumor to rest. Cookie for you cookie.gif

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Jan 2 2009, 15:50)

Here is the link for ya.

I see... Never noticed though. I know it's full 3D from the get-go (GTA2 was also, but camera was top-down) but I didn't realize the camera angle changes during game play.

iYateszy
  • iYateszy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

Because they could be working on GTA5 instead of CTW and I'm not wasting money on a DS to play one game.

shaw
  • shaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

I think most people are annoyed because they aren't making San andreas Stories or working on GTA5 at the moment and are wasting time on low time games like this. * Taking on from what people say in forums *

In my opinion, i am annoyed that GTA 4 is a bit of a dissapointment... And they need to act fast ! And this is how they do it !? The way they go from great graphics etc to some game that looks really unrealistic and child like graphics sort of annoys me... When i first heard this was coming out though - i was most annoyed because i never had a DS. But, once i seen the pictures of gameplay on it I just laughed....

Hopefully R* will come up with something good soon to release like a stories for the PSP or something biggrin.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (mhuda @ Nov 15 2008, 05:50)
QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Oct 19 2008, 05:59)
Its the mentality some people have with the DS, naive people who think its a kiddie console when that is far from the truth. Yeah Nintendo do aim for the younger market but just like the more hardcore aimed PS3 and 360 they do have their fair share of kiddie or family orientated games. So why can't the Wii or DS feature some more mature and hardcore games? They can and do.

Another thing is...playing GTA on a handheld is too cumbersome.

GTA was meant to be played on the regular consoles like the superior and outstanding PlayStation 3 and that other lame piece of junk console made by Microsoft. I remember playing LCS on my PSP when it came out, but after the seventh or eighth mission, I gave up because I found it too hard to control driving the vehicles around the city and moving the character around. Fortunately, LCS was ported to the PS2, so if we get a Nintendo Wii port for Chinatown Wars, hopefully more gamers will buy.

I agree, they shouldn't have wasted time on this and they should have been producing an SAS. I have little cousins with the DS, I personally don't have it, but I just see it as a waste of their time when they can make more money with an SAS. I don't think its neccesary to bash the console itself, even if they were putting this on PSP and PS2 and Xbox360 etc, I would still complain.. Who wants to play in chinatown for an entire game?

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

Oh, mhuda must be a console/ps3 fan smile.gif

If you think about it, the DS is more popular than the PS3, and I'm pretty sure that most of the people in Japan has one. And think about it... GTA is a big franchise enough, and that's mainly a reason why Rockstar did this DS version.

And maybe because Nintendo paid for it? confused.gif

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

Its generally accepted that the DS is reserved for the likes of mario and pokemon.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (GTASIX @ Jan 3 2009, 18:27)
Its generally accepted by fanboys that the DS is reserved for the likes of mario and pokemon.

Fixed.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

It looks really good, and has some great features, but I'm not sure it's worth buying a DS for a single game. There's no other games that really interest me on DS.

If I can get one for cheap though, I'll certainly buy it.

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Damo. @ Jan 3 2009, 22:21)
It looks really good, and has some great features, but I'm not sure it's worth buying a DS for a single game. There's no other games that really interest me on DS.

If I can get one for cheap though, I'll certainly buy it.

It looks like an awful cartoon game, even if this was coming out on the 360 I don't think I would get it.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Jan 4 2009, 09:17)
It looks like an awful cartoon game, even if this was coming out on the 360 I don't think I would get it.

Well, I'll have fun with it smile.gif Because I'm not a PC, Console, or DS fanboy... I'm a true GTA fan.

And mainly because I liked GTA 1, 2, and the expansion packs too smile.gif

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Jan 3 2009, 04:54)

I agree, they shouldn't have wasted time on this and they should have been producing an SAS. I have little cousins with the DS, I personally don't have it, but I just see it as a waste of their time when they can make more money with an SAS. I don't think its neccesary to bash the console itself, even if they were putting this on PSP and PS2 and Xbox360 etc, I would still complain.. Who wants to play in chinatown for an entire game?

You honestly think San Andreas Stories would make more money then Chinatown Wars? San Andreas Stories wouldn't and couldn't out sale Vice City Stories if it was made. San Andreas Stories is not coming out, the company has stated this many many times. LCS & VCS are out for the PSP owners, that is 2 frigging titles, the PSP doesn't have to parallel the PS2.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Jan 12 2009, 23:47)
You honestly think San Andreas Stories would make more money then Chinatown Wars? San Andreas Stories wouldn't and couldn't out sale Vice City Stories if it was made. San Andreas Stories is not coming out, the company has stated this many many times. LCS & VCS are out for the PSP owners, that is 2 frigging titles, the PSP doesn't have to parallel the PS2.

It easily would. I mean San Andreas is the best selling GTA to date and the popularity it has would alone outrun any "creative" ideas R* could come up with such as Chinatown Wars. But then again I can understand why you would say so, because you believe Chinatown Wars will be the best selling GTA ever, lol.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jan 12 2009, 22:54)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Jan 12 2009, 23:47)

It easily would. I mean San Andreas is the best selling GTA to date and the popularity it has would alone outrun any "creative" ideas R* could come up with such as Chinatown Wars. But then again I can understand why you would say so, because you believe Chinatown Wars will be the best selling GTA ever, lol.

Right and everyone knows that you are west coast bias so.....of course you want that west coast game. Any game can be the best selling with the best promotion. San Andreas game is the only one I remember having commercials, in fact I wasn't gaming at the time, but I do remember seeing the commercials over and over and over and over again. I know the others one did, but the only one I remember was the San Andreas promos, so in my opinion the game was over promoted, Hating CTW because it is not that west coast game is a lil lame. The system has LCS and VCS already...with VCS being slept on to a degree. I can't and won't convince you what to want dude. But just know what YOU want aka the west coast game is not coming out, but hey maybe CTW will have some Gd up funk for your 6-4 that you and the homeys can ride in and look for OGs to smoke like mark ass busters.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Jan 13 2009, 00:20)
Right and everyone knows that you are west coast bias so.....of course you want that west coast game. Any game can be the best selling with the best promotion. San Andreas game is the only one I remember having commercials, in fact I wasn't gaming at the time, but I do remember seeing the commercials over and over and over and over again. I know the others one did, but the only one I remember was the San Andreas promos, so in my opinion the game was over promoted, Hating CTW because it is not that west coast game is a lil lame. The system has LCS and VCS already...with VCS being slept on to a degree. I can't and won't convince you what to want dude. But just know what YOU want aka the west coast game is not coming out, but hey maybe CTW will have some Gd up funk for your 6-4 that you and the homeys can ride in and look for OGs to smoke like mark ass busters.

When did I even mention "west coast bias". I just mentioned a fact that SA is the best selling GTA and anything associated with it would attract way more attention than something non-portable/true GTA fans wouldn't bother. And hating CTW because it's not a west coast game? WTF? Are you sure you're not drunk or something? Going by this theory I hate every GTA except SA because they are not set on the west coast. You never seen how much I love VCS, LCS and sequels to them? Wow.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jan 12 2009, 23:26)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Jan 13 2009, 00:20)

When did I even mention "west coast bias". I just mentioned a fact that SA is the best selling GTA and anything associated with it would attract way more attention than something non-portable/true GTA fans wouldn't bother. And hating CTW because it's not a west coast game? WTF? Are you sure you're not drunk or something? Going by this theory I hate every GTA except SA because they are not set on the west coast. You never seen how much I love VCS, LCS and sequels to them? Wow.

I hate to break it to you, but you're just wrong. I've played every GTA that's ever come out, including the expansion packs, so I would call myself a true gta fan, and I'm buying this game on the first day.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (shaw @ Jan 3 2009, 01:18)
I think most people are annoyed because they aren't making San andreas Stories or working on GTA5 at the moment and are wasting time on low time games like this. * Taking on from what people say in forums *

In my opinion, i am annoyed that GTA 4 is a bit of a dissapointment... And they need to act fast ! And this is how they do it !? The way they go from great graphics etc to some game that looks really unrealistic and child like graphics sort of annoys me... When i first heard this was coming out though -  i was most annoyed because i never had a DS. But, once i seen the pictures of gameplay on it I just laughed....

Hopefully R* will come up with something good soon to release like a stories for the PSP or something biggrin.gif

Well the game has been in development for over two years, by Rockstar Leeds, so no it doesn't affect the development of other games. It didn't stop Rockstar North from working on GTA IV, and they're busy making DLC, so not much time for the next GTA just yet.

As for a San Andreas Stories, it just isn't going to happen at this point in time, simply because the other two 'stories' games proved not to be viable on the PSP platform. They didn't sell, hence why they were ported at all in the first place. This is why they've now turned to the DS.

Sonny_Crockett
  • Sonny_Crockett

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm a proud DS owner, and I'm very happy they are making a GTA for DS.
The only reason I want a PSP isn't for GTA, its for Miami Vice the game.
Sure, the graphics aren't that good (I'm talking GTA:CTW), and the view isn't the best, but it should be a decent game.

Just my two cents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users