» «
Photo

ALL UNDERAGE GAMERS PLEASE READ

100 replies to this topic
canbera2u
  • canbera2u

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:48 PM Edited by canbera2u, 16 October 2008 - 10:52 PM.

A: They're ok as long as i dont overdo-it and neglect homework
B: They hate it to death. They think it is stupid and senseless and causes our minds to degrade into poo.
C: I am very easily ticked off in real life... Since playing games i havent gotten into fights anymore. Ive been playing the gta series since i was 11 i think. ( Ive played every gta ) I am now 17. If someting pisses me off in real life i deal with it in the game its fun and well, it's safe. I get in an argument with someone i hop in GTA4 and drive really fast and blow some stuff up. If you ask me only retards get influenced to comit violent acts in real life by a frickin game. And no ive never even thought of comiting violent acts outside the game. Whats the point? Ill get in trouble for it, plus, it's dangerous. The game removes danger and consequence, leaving you with just an amazing laugh at the end.
And yeah i play every game out there rated 18plus i played counter strike when i was 12 and loved it, but ive never thought of shooting anyone due to this... thats just fu***ng stupid.
(Edit) And if you ask me violent games are a great way for teenagers to vent out negative thoughts into a harmless virtual environment.
It works better than anger management in my oppinion.

R-Kade
  • R-Kade

Red Wings Fan!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

I'm 15, really mature too. The only thing that influenced me to violence is wrestling and that was when I was around 7. But that's all fake.

A. They only mind when I play past 11, when I'm supposed to sleep.

B. My parents think that games like these do make people go crazy, well some people, and I think they're right. But I think they know they can trust me playing the game.

C. The only thing that I've been tempted to do is swing a baseball bat, but I was pretty wreckless before I played GTA, (Like smashing things, damaging stuff).

So this game hasn't really influenced me to do anything, nor has it taught me anything; it's just an activity to pass time and have fun.

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

DON'T TELL HIM! HE'S A COP! sarcasm.gif

rockstargamez
  • rockstargamez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

I'm 16yrs old played all GTA Series finished them** I love Rockstargames Games!!!!! inlove.gif inlove.gif

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

I'm 16 and have played all of them since GTA the original.

A: Their parents mind them playing it?
No, They know what is in it and in fact I've played it in front of them before.

B: What do their parents think about the game?
My mom doesn't mind it. She doesn't like the language, but she understands it's just a game. My Dad doesn't say much about it but he does watch with interest. He's even watched me walk into a strip club in a GTA game.

C: Have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life, Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so?
It's a game. I was taught very young that games are not real. Have I been tempted? No never. If anything the game has me thinking of joining the Military or police force. Thinking about the possibilities of doing so? I have thought and my thoughts are always "Is this legal?" Which is later either found out to be legal or not. It is never participated on if it is unknown.

A friend once told me that it's not the game that's the influence it's what you take from the game. It's your choice what you take from it.

PSN:FERRARI_3
  • PSN:FERRARI_3

MY PIC IS HOME. I WANT IT ON MY PS3. HURRY UP SONY!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Oct 16 2008, 22:55)
DON'T TELL HIM! HE'S A COP! sarcasm.gif

lol i think i just shat myself.

Researcher
  • Researcher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

Some really interesting replies here guys. Thanks for all the help coming in. I've got loads of articles speaking badly of the game, so to ask the actual gamers gives me a lot more depth for my project. Thanks for all the good wishes, A levels create a lot of work!

To clear up any confusion. Being From England, Europe. The game is an 18 and it is illegal (although it still happens) to sell the game to anyone below that age. As I'm aware, not every country follows this. And as such, some Lega gamers out there, would technically be illegal round here. For the sake of confusion, if you are Under 18. This applies to you turn.gif

Furthermore, I'd just like to say, enjoy your gaming. And keep replying! more results, the better.
p.s - Taste of Chaos. of course im a cop. thats EXACTLY why im coming on a random forum, asking these questions. Thats all us cops do........ No, im not a cop. And even if i was, what could i do? =P

Tom

The Ballas
  • The Ballas

It's simple...kill the Batman.

• Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

I'm 17, and the answers to your questions:

A: No they don't really mind, they know I'm mature enough not to be influenced by games.
B: They know what it's about and stuff like that and dont really care, but they like the realistic look of the city and game etc.
C: Not really no

Delightful
  • Delightful

Always in for a game

• Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

i'm 15 years old

A: Their parents mind them playing it? Noop. They totally understand that it is just fake, and they rather see me playing GTA IV than me seeing hanging down the street and annoy other people.
B: What do their parents think about the game. My mom doesn't care, my father likes the graphics ^^
C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so. NO. Easy like that wink.gif

Swiechu
  • Swiechu

Slavic Gun Nut

• Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

So, let's go. I'm 15, I'm a huge fan of the franchise, and:

1. Nah, They're okay with it.
2. They know it's just a game, not real life.
3. No. Definetely no. But after 4 days straight (no schoole, long May weekend, 4 days in my country, starts on 30th of April), I was supposed to get into my mum's car, to get something out (I think my Spanish books), but I forgot the keys. I felt incredible urge to break to the car thru the window biggrin.gif

AledD
  • AledD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

A: Their parents mind them playing it? Nope, they trust me enough
B: What do their parents think about the game? My dad plays it aswell, he has no problem with it.
C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so. No, ph34r.gif lol

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Even before GTA4 came out, this was a hot topic of contention however, we had some members even get them selves banned soon after a mini-flame broke out in the subject thread! I've yet to see them re-instated..

Just let it be known, maturity level, you can't put a number on, it's more to do with physical differences, and that includes the brain, when I say that. colgate.gif

ItsMarke
  • ItsMarke

Gamertag - MaGikMarkEr36

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'm 15

A: Perfectly fine
B: They don't care about the game
C: I've never thought of doing voilent crimes but sometimes day dream of me living as a king pin and driving fast cars. Or I picture myself skating Liberty City and eating tacos

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

15 too.

A: Nope my parents don't.
B: My parents think about the game is just for fun.
C: I have not ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Instead, i just think that gaming is for people who want to have fun.

"GAMES DON'T KILL PEOPLE, IT'S ALL DEPENDS ON ONE"

ivfreak
  • ivfreak

Mx foreva =)

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, i'm nearly 16.
A: parents couldn't really care less i don't think.
B: I don't particularly think they enjoy it but the old man occassionaly has a go
C: No violent thoughts have crossed my mind, but me and a friend recently got pulled up for pulling a handbreaky round a corner and drifting towards the police if that counts???

dr.vox
  • dr.vox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

My mum doesn't mind -- she's quite laid back with me, thankfully. My dad would disapprove but wouldn't stop me. He doesn't live with me anyway, so he doesn't know.

B: What do their parents think about the game
No idea, really, as I said, my Dad would disapprove a bit because of the violence and sex, my mum wouldn't really care about any of that.

C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so.
I've thought about it every now and then, I guess, as I'm sure everyone has, but only in the fantasy sense, and no cutting people up with chainsaws or beating them to death with baseball bats. I'd never actually go out and perform a crime just because I did it on a game. I wouldn't perform a crime at all, anyway, but GTA IV does not influence me to do so.

Good luck. A-levels are a bitch.
Oh, and I'm 16 next month, so 15.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

I'm not going to lie, I'm an underage GTA player. I have about 50 friends who are as well x]

A) My parents kind of mind, dad doesn't mind very much but mom says as long as I don't ever consider doing anything from a game, I'm fine.

B)Certain things my parent don't approve of. The talk of drugs in the game and stuff like that. I'm sure they know that I'd never be like a GTA protagonist or antagonist.

C) I have never thought about or commited a crime that was seen in any game. I don't really see any point in doing so either tbh...

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

A: Their parents mind them playing it?- nope, not at all
B: What do their parents think about the game- my mum isnt 'joyful' about the games i play but she doesnt mind. my dad just thinks the games are cool and fun
C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so.- NO

im 14, been playing gta since i was 8, and i have done nothing to upset the law in relation to gta

johnnyk
  • johnnyk

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

This is highly gay,when i`ve been saying "mean" things about gta 4 you lot have been giving me a load of abuse and i thought that it was a bunch of internet warriors and/or internet geeks giving me the abuse but now i know the truth that it was just a bunch of kids.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

I'm 17 years old and I've played lot of GTA games.

A: No, my parent are fine with me playing GTA IV.
B: They not interested in GTA games.
C: No, I wouldn't tempted to commit any crime in real life!

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

Um... I don't know if this will count but...

I'm 22, and I started playing the GTA games when I was 15 or so.

1. yes, they were fine with me playing GTA.
2, They didn't really care. Disapproved somewhat, but didn't care.
3. Running a red light and I did it a few times. But that's probably not related to anything.

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

No.
It's just a game.
C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so.
No, it's a game, people who get this influenced by games should seek help.

craze08
  • craze08

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Nope. My mum always buys 18+ games for me. (As long as I pay for it)

My parents have never minded me playing violent games. When I got my first GTA when I was younger (GTA2), they were a bit skeptical at first, but realise it doesn't affect the way I act or behave so they don't mind me playing violent games. My dad used to complain alot that all I ever get is violent games (Which isn't always true, but I play a lot of them) but I know that it doesn't really bother him.

Obviously I have always thought about different crimes etc and imagined different scenarios and so on. But its just my imagination, I would never seriously consider doing the things that I actually imagine. No video games have ever affected my actions.

Austin49129
  • Austin49129

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

Yea I Am 14 years old playing Grand Theft Auto IV ON my xbox 360. but i think im matrue enough to reliaze that this is just a game to entertain you. and bring some fun and excitement into your life. but some people might say you have to be 18. its whatever to me. i like playing this game, and thats it. only people that have a mental issue in there brain, will do some real life three leaf clover. i mean come on.. cool.gif

GT409
  • GT409

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:13 AM

I'm 14
My mom lets me play. The old rule was I'm not allowed to swear, but now it doesn't matter.

My dad doesn't care about the game, my mom thinks some of the commercials and parodies are funny.

I'm a pacifist, so no thought about crimes whatsoever.

opnoright
  • opnoright

Yeah, it's that guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:38 AM

Well, i'm 13 and have been playing for 2 years or so,

A: Their parents mind them playing it? no they know i'm mature enough to understand whats right and wrong, and whats a game and realife.
B: What do their parents think about the game? My mom thinks nothing about it, but my dad thinks its awesome, He is the master at that game, he kept a 6 star wanted level for 4 hours and then lost them...
C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so. No, i understand killing is not ok, or robbing, mugging and stuff, and to me its just a game, nothing more , i mean i understand it can happen and people do it, but i would not ever do it in real life ever.

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Oct 17 2008, 21:59)
Even before GTA4 came out, this was a hot topic of contention however, we had some members even get them selves banned soon after a mini-flame broke out in the subject thread! I've yet to see them re-instated..

Just let it be known, maturity level, you can't put a number on, it's more to do with physical differences, and that includes the brain, when I say that. colgate.gif

You're leaning Slamman, I can understand your short posts now instead of your 50 paragraph long posts tounge2.gif

I'm 15, and played these games all the time, always been mature so my parents never really mind buying me 18+ games.

A: Their parents mind them playing it? Not at all.
B: What do their parents think about the game? Not singing it's praises, nor appalled by it.
C: have you ever been tempted to commit any crimes that have happened within the game in everyday life. Or have you ever found yourself thinking about the possibilities of doing so. Nope, not influenced by the game at all. But I did see a car crash and wondered if it could be recreated in IV, nobody was hurt fyi.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:45 AM

I am 16. I have been playing GTA since GTA III.

A: My parents don't mind me playing it, but they want my homework and other sh*t done first.

B: They hate videogames in general but they don't really care that i am playing them because they know that i know that stuff in games isn't real.

C: Nope. Never wanted to steal a car or murder someone because of a game.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

R* is loving this thread....lots of insight into its youngest gamers...and they didn't have to pay some marketing company a dime!

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Researcher @ Oct 16 2008, 02:33)
Hi there everyone. I'm 18 years old, and I'm currently Researching 'Are Rockstar Games used as folkdevils in the media' for my A Levels in the UK. In this specific area, I am looking at GTAIV, and I am researching into the common debate as to whether or not The game promotes violence within society. I wish to stress to everyone, that this is purely for my A levels, and whatever is found out will not be used in any official way, so don't be afraid of answering truthfully, as I myself am a GTA4 fan.

I would like to ask any gamers out there who are currently playing GTA underage, or have every played an 18 game before they legally should (its fact that this happens, iv done it myself.) if

If the Mods could help out, I would like an additional POLL started out, asking whether the 'violence' of the game is over-hyped, or if it really is a matter that needs to be taken into consideration when providing underage gamers access to play GTAIV.

Thanks in anticipation of your help. I would like to ask for sensible answers please.

Tom

I've been 18 for a while now; but I'll write about my past experiences.

My parents didnt mind me playing GTA Vice City back when I was 13. Hell, my mother bought it for me.

They don't really care about it. I guess they don't like it when I show them violence, but that's why I play in my room.

Yep! I've never committed any crimes; but I've been tempted to steal cars and drive off. Wouldn't that be so convenient? I remember when I first downloaded MTA:VC 0.22 back in November 2003. After numerous hours of playing GTA online, I was so used to taking cars to go anywhere. When I stepped out of my home, I'd find myself thinking "Okay, let me just get a car to drive to the mall instead of walking there." I was inclined on just walking towards parked cars.
But the whole violence/killing thing? No. I've never been influenced to do that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users