Photo

Sorry..But it isnt in the 3 canon okay

29 replies to this topic
sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

I dont get why all of you are wishing it's set in the 3 canon. Obviously it's not gonna be. Why would they make a new canon then go back to the older one. It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway although a great game the gangs were really sketchy i mean men in blue overalls and bandannas standing round with 9s isnt the most inconspicious thing ever is it.

So maybe im just being picky but cmon all these topics like Liberty Revisited OMFG!!! really is unnesecary. It's confirmed its set in the IV canon. Get over it. This is just my opinion. Please comment and critiscize.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Liberty revisited is an annoying thing, who the hell wants to freeroam in the same city for the... 6th time(?) for god's sake.

I know I will get a bunch of "they aren't the same city" but they are on the same place. I don't want to get a "NY vibe" again, we've had enough. Also as to why GTA3 canon would be better, because the gangs were better in GTA3. What better than wasting a bunch of idiots chasing you because you have pissed them off, I admit the mafia annoyed me with their shotguns, but it's fun killing them, nonetheless.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

Its no problem for me man. As long as i get to kill cops, steal cars, use big guns & rob people I am satisfied. Thats what GTA is all about.

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Oct 5 2008, 22:19)
Its no problem for me man. As long as i get to kill cops, steal cars, use big guns & rob people I am satisfied. Thats what GTA is all about.

Don't forget banging Hos!

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

No. Actually, this is the 2nd time that LC as it is now has been used.

Bob the DVD
  • Bob the DVD

pinstripe

• Members

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

it will be funny if you can do swing glitch on china town wars

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:00 AM

and break the camera? No thanks.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

Hey...here's a new and original idea! sly.gif

Instead of talking about the GTA3-GTA:VCS games as "the old canon," just because GTA4's Liberty City is a dramatically different place, why don't we just say it's all the same canon. In fact, who's to say Broker, Bohan, Dukes, Algonquin and Alderny aren't close enough to Portland, Staunton and Shoreside to be all one big giant city? All that would really mean is that no single GTA game has shown us ALL of Liberty City. That way we don't have to throw GTA3, GTAA and LCS under the bus.

See, isn't that a much better idea than calling sh*t non-canon and getting into an argument with your fellow fans, gamers and nerds? smile.gif It's what I call the "it's all good" technique. When something new comes out that seemingly contradicts something that's already out, just say "no it doesn't - it's all good."

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty excited about Chinatown Wars. It looks pretty damn good and I for one don't care what people think about getting a DS - I think it's worth it, so I'm gonna.

Now if only they would just make San Andreas Stories. confused.gif It wouldn't even have to be for PSP, they could just make it for PS2 - no need to try to make the PSP do the impossible.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

I'm pretty sure that it was stated that the Commission has always consisted of the five families: the Gambetti Family, the Messina Family, the Lupisella Family, the Pavano Family and the Ancelotti Family. Thus, the Leones, Forellis, or Sindaccos never really existed in that canon.
And that's just the start.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

I don't think it is an entirely different universe per se but I do think they are done with the 3 story unless they make SAS. I find it hard two totally different universe would have a Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (VCRules86 @ Oct 30 2008, 22:33)
I don't think it is an entirely different universe per se but I do think they are done with the 3 story unless they make SAS. I find it hard two totally different universe would have a Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas

Three.

No, I don't think you get it.

See, 'alternative universe' doesn't mean a physical alternative universe many many many galaxies away.
It means...
At some point in the game's history, something or somebody was faced with a few choices. And the choice they took became canon, and the other choices also became canon, but for other canons. It's choices like whether to call a city Liberty City or New York City. It's choices like whether to split it into five boroughs or three boroughs (And that's a random process. The city might have formed as five, two, three, or one island, or even as a peninsula.)
See?

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

sorry, the 3 canon has gone. Their not two cities put together as repurcussions in one city would affect the other. Face it rockstar is expanding their horizons and 3 although in my opinion better than 4 is gonna get left behind.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

Well, that makes sense, but I say Liberty City consists of EIGHT boroughs (plus however many there were in the original GTA.) That way the games neither reference, nor conflict with, one another.

And as for the Commission, they don't need any of the original crime families to stand on their own - the Forellis and the Sindaccos are obsolete and the Leones, if not obsolete, have to be in complete and total disarray at this point.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Oct 30 2008, 23:14)
Well, that makes sense, but I say Liberty City consists of EIGHT boroughs (plus however many there were in the original GTA.) That way the games neither reference, nor conflict with, one another.

And as for the Commission, they don't need any of the original crime families to stand on their own - the Forellis and the Sindaccos are obsolete and the Leones, if not obsolete, have to be in complete and total disarray at this point.

Nonono. See...
Well, I'm pretty sure that the Commission has consisted of the same 5 Families for more than 6 years.

Also.. Yeah... Um...

No, they're not in the same universe. Too many details are similar for them to be in the same universe.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

Don't really matter, though - there can be Five Families in one area and Three Families in another without them ever coming into conflict with, or doing business between, each other.

I'm not saying elements of the new Liberty City, storyline and otherwise, have to reference the old Liberty City or anything - all I'm saying is that it's not a different universe. If it was, they wouldn't have called it Grand Theft Auto, they would have called it Stealin' Cars 'n' Shootin' People or something to that effect. Besides, they haven't even thrown away the old story anyway...if you look at the grafitti up on the walls you'll see the names of all the old player characters. Until Rockstar says otherwise, GTA 4 takes place between GTA3 and GTA2. Yeah, yeah, I know, that sounds stupid to me too, but GTA2 DOES take place in the future after all...

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Nov 1 2008, 03:57)
Don't really matter, though - there can be Five Families in one area and Three Families in another without them ever coming into conflict with, or doing business between, each other.

I'm not saying elements of the new Liberty City, storyline and otherwise, have to reference the old Liberty City or anything - all I'm saying is that it's not a different universe.  If it was, they wouldn't have called it Grand Theft Auto, they would have called it Stealin' Cars 'n' Shootin' People or something to that effect.  Besides, they haven't even thrown away the old story anyway...if you look at the grafitti up on the walls you'll see the names of all the old player characters.  Until Rockstar says otherwise, GTA 4 takes place between GTA3 and GTA2.  Yeah, yeah, I know, that sounds stupid to me too, but GTA2 DOES take place in the future after all...

Your digging yourself a deeper hole mate. Face it the 3 canon is dead and isn't part of the IV one. You can pretend it is but your only fooling yourself.

the graffiti is called an easter egg icon14.gif .

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Whatever. Your way of looking at things is complicated and confusing. Best way to look at things is to just say there's only ONE canon, and every game is part of it. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

Not really. Our way may be more confusing but yours is a complete load of crap as it's completely illogical.

Rockstar said they were having a new start not a new game in the same canon. f*ck sake. Can't you just accept that 4 is a new canon because countless fans,gamers and rockstar employess have said so. You probably just don't want the 3 canon to die and want everything to come out for PS2 again icon14.gif .

Sorry it's rockstars choice not yours.

End Discussion.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

My illogical load of crap actually makes sense. Every Grand Theft Auto game is part of the Grand Theft Auto series.

Of course Rockstar had a new start with GTA4. Every game a developer makes is a "new start." GTA4 just happens to be more of a new start because it had less of the old story and more of its own originality. GTA4 isn't a new canon, it's a new story within the old canon. And I wouldn't mind some more PS2 GTA games - but I'd rather they made another 360 game.

And as for Rockstar, all they said was that GTA4 was a new story and that we wouldn't see any new characters making a comeback. (And even then threy brought back Lazlow, mentioned all the old player characters in an easter egg, and had The Truth from San Andreas send you an email.) So think what you will. smile.gif

Skimask101
  • Skimask101

No

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Nov 1 2008, 21:10)
My illogical load of crap actually makes sense. Every Grand Theft Auto game is part of the Grand Theft Auto series.

Of course Rockstar had a new start with GTA4. Every game a developer makes is a "new start." GTA4 just happens to be more of a new start because it had less of the old story and more of its own originality. GTA4 isn't a new canon, it's a new story within the old canon. And I wouldn't mind some more PS2 GTA games - but I'd rather they made another 360 game.

And as for Rockstar, all they said was that GTA4 was a new story and that we wouldn't see any new characters making a comeback. (And even then threy brought back Lazlow, mentioned all the old player characters in an easter egg, and had The Truth from San Andreas send you an email.) So think what you will. smile.gif

Your not making any sense. GTA:VC, GTA:SA, GTA:LCS, GTA:VCS are all in GTA III's Canon, because they all share the same characters, cities and gangs. GTA:CW is in GTA IV's Canon because they share the same city (The only thing we can confirm so far). If they were all under the same canon we would have the same gangs, most of the characters will show up again and the cities would look the same.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:04 AM

You don't need MOST of the characters from the previous games always hanging around to canonize GTA4, you just need one or two to be mentioned. If you brought in a bunch of old characters, that wouldn't be very original, would it? But they did have quite a few - the player characters, the Truth, Lazlow, pictures of El Burro* and Misty and, as I learned while playing GTA4 a couple hours ago, the technology guy from the VCS talk radio show. So more than enough characters already.

*and El Burro's been around since the FIRST Grand Theft Auto.

Skimask101
  • Skimask101

No

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Nov 2 2008, 01:04)
You don't need MOST of the characters from the previous games always hanging around to canonize GTA4, you just need one or two to be mentioned. If you brought in a bunch of old characters, that wouldn't be very original, would it? But they did have quite a few - the player characters, the Truth, Lazlow, pictures of El Burro* and Misty and, as I learned while playing GTA4 a couple hours ago, the technology guy from the VCS talk radio show. So more than enough characters already.

El Burro and misty were NOT in GTA IV, they had concept art of them and those are EASTER EGGS!. The Truth was never on the radio and Zero wasn't either. The only person from the old GTA's thats in here is Lazlow.

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Nov 2 2008, 07:04)

So what it doesnt mean it's in the same canon. Its a easter egg, a joke. IV is a new start and a new canon. R* have it on their website for f*cks sake hahah. Keep fooling yourself if you wish. Im leaving this now though to rot and die as your obviously one of those people who's like "3 cant diez cos i love it and only have PS2 and they HAve a LAZLOW!!!! so it must be 3. even though im wrong cos R* said its a new canon i choose to belive not so cos im a little c*nt".

smile.gif

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

Chill out, weenie, don't give yourself a heart attack (nah, go ahead - just make sure you post a video of it on youtube - I could use good laugh. dozingoff.gif ) I guess I'm a little c*nt because "I have to keep telling myself" (yeah, I'M the one who needs self-convincing sarcasm.gif ) it's the same series. All I have is a PS2 and that's all I play because I was somehow able to play GTA4 from start to finish with just a PS2. lol.gif As for what Rockstar said, I just went to their website after reading your post and I didn't see sh*t about the story and I don't feel like digging through old news to find some developer quote about "taking things in a new direction" which you obviously took to mean "Grand Theft Auto 4 is the first Grand Theft Auto game - there's never been a Grand Theft Auto game before Grand Theft Auto 4," because that would be about as much fun as suicidal.gif

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

couldnt be arsed to read that. All the smileys put me off tounge2.gif . I don't care if you disagree but yeah icon14.gif .

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (sam33 @ Nov 3 2008, 20:20)
couldnt be arsed to read that. All the smileys put me off tounge2.gif . I don't care if you disagree but yeah icon14.gif .

In a nutshell, he hasn't played it.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

That's cool - if we can politely agree to disagree, then, no worries. icon14.gif

And no, Qwerty, in a nutshell, I HAVE played it, I just don't care that there's hardly anything from the previous games in it - there was hardly anything from GTA3 in Vice City neither.

SKuXX Guy
  • SKuXX Guy

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Vice City redesigned

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (SKuXX Guy @ Dec 17 2008, 20:09)
Vice City redesigned