Photo

Forklift

19 replies to this topic
SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

So I was running over peds at the docks in Port Tudor, Alderney, today and took aim at a ped I struck with my car that didn't quite die on impact. I had the combat shotgun equipped and as he lurched away, hunched over, I fired a round at him but missed and it hit the propane cylinder on the back of a forklift, which then spewed out a nice stream of blue and yellow flames.

I have shot the propane tanks on the back of the forlifts before but never have they shot flames out. I tried this with the combat pistol and nothing happened, so I re-equipped the shotgun and it happened again. I guess the pistol doesn't have enough penetrating power whereas the shotgun does. Its pretty sweet and looks pretty realistic. Try it for yourself, its fun. Also try shooting it multiple times while the flames are coming out its pretty funny. The forklift always catches on fire and subsequently explodes after shooting the tank but its a neat display while it lasts.

-XS

StudioVink
  • StudioVink

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

This works with any gun... I aim at the vent of the gas tank... It always works. I was suprised at first when I came accros this as well. I was amazed about the detail of the pressure coming out of the tank. There are more of those things...

Khal
  • Khal

Assassin

• Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

it works with the pistol it just tends to take more then one shot

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

You can also shoot larger gas tanks for infinite flames. Usually they say "RON" on them.

PSN:FERRARI_3
  • PSN:FERRARI_3

MY PIC IS HOME. I WANT IT ON MY PS3. HURRY UP SONY!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

2 shots in the same place with any gun. the shotgun spread does it in 1 though

1ManArmy
  • 1ManArmy

Pirate

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

Wow thats cool...can you push a ped intop the flames and let him get fried? devil.gif

bmx rule
  • bmx rule

Military Of Mobile Defence Infantry; Private

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:47 AM

i just tried it on happiness island and blew them all up and they killed all the cops for me and it was fun until i was flung onto a boat and died.

StudioVink
  • StudioVink

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (1ManArmy @ Oct 4 2008, 05:28)
Wow thats cool...can you push a ped intop the flames and let him get fried? devil.gif

I tested it first on myself... So yes it works... ^^

Furnace
  • Furnace

TheEuropeanConnection

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

There are also water tanks which are somewhat less fun cool.gif .

Yeah cool effect though. I think someone should mod the PC version so that those flames come out of the back of cars. Or your gun. Would that be sweet or what?

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

thanks for the info guys, didn't know it worked w/ the pistol, i'll try that later and i'll look for the large tanks.

i knew it worked w/ other things, like fire extinguishers, the metal heat radiators in your apartment (they shoot steam out of them), etc, and i knew you could blow up regular propane tanks like a bomb, guess i just never paid much attention to the forklift before.

@yomomsmokes420 - where are the large tanks? are they by the docks as well?

i would think it would be hard to get a ped in the flames that pertrude from the tank simply b/c to get the flames you have to shoot the tank which usually sends peds running...unless you pushed one of them down, shot the tank, and as they got up pushed them into the flames. but you would have to time it just right b/c the flames don't really last very long and some peds take their sweet old tme getting up from a fall.

-XS

StudioVink
  • StudioVink

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (SentinelXS @ Oct 4 2008, 14:25)
thanks for the info guys, didn't know it worked w/ the pistol, i'll try that later and i'll look for the large tanks.

i knew it worked w/ other things, like fire extinguishers, the metal heat radiators in your apartment (they shoot steam out of them), etc, and i knew you could blow up regular propane tanks like a bomb, guess i just never paid much attention to the forklift before.

@yomomsmokes420 - where are the large tanks? are they by the docks as well?

i would think it would be hard to get a ped in the flames that pertrude from the tank simply b/c to get the flames you have to shoot the tank which usually sends peds running...unless you pushed one of them down, shot the tank, and as they got up pushed them into the flames. but you would have to time it just right b/c the flames don't really last very long and some peds take their sweet old tme getting up from a fall.

-XS

You can find the large tanks all over Alderney if you go south. Since Alderney is seen as the industrial sector...

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

mercie_blink.gif oh...i didnt know you guys meant THOSE tanks...Sweet...now you've made me want to go turn my PS3 on and head to Alderney...lol

-XS

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Next GTA needs a flamethrower.
cool.gif

Furnace
  • Furnace

TheEuropeanConnection

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (MrJohn666 @ Oct 4 2008, 15:28)
Next GTA needs a flamethrower.
cool.gif

This GTA needs a flamethrower.
sly.gif

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

It's a shame you cant hook up the trailer with the the truck. Imagine all of the destructive crap you could do with the fuel tankers.

grand theft awesome
  • grand theft awesome

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (DHoff @ Oct 4 2008, 17:10)
It's a shame you cant hook up the trailer with the the truck. Imagine all of the destructive crap you could do with the fuel tankers.

Holy Sh*t Can You Imagine What Would Happen If You Done A Stunt Jump mercie_blink.gif Speak About Firework Finale, I Wish You Could, Id Dive Onto The Highway devil.gif

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (yomomsmokes420 @ Oct 3 2008, 18:57)
You can also shoot larger gas tanks for infinite flames. Usually they say "RON" on them.

dont those blow up? xD

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (el superhippo @ Oct 5 2008, 06:26)
QUOTE (yomomsmokes420 @ Oct 3 2008, 18:57)

dont those blow up? xD

no...i went to suothern alderney yesterday and tried it...basically the really large oil storage tanks themselves have little response to gunfire...i did notice when you shoot them they leak oil out of them which was a cool effect...but if you shoot the piping that goes into/out of the large tanks it will produce a flame

-XS

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Street Cat

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:48 PM Edited by Foppez„o, 06 October 2008 - 01:10 PM.

QUOTE (SentinelXS @ Oct 4 2008, 14:47)
no...i went to suothern alderney yesterday and tried it...basically the really large oil storage tanks themselves have little response to gunfire...i did notice when you shoot them they leak oil out of them which was a cool effect...but if you shoot the piping that goes into/out of the large tanks it will produce a flame

-XS

In Broker/Dukes you also have the remises of the Trucks, there you can also shoot the large (Truck cargo) tanks..its on dukes boulevard..
anyone ever tried to shoot the other gastank trucks, the packer?

http://media.gtanet.com/gta4/images/vehicles/PACKER.jpg (http://media.gtanet....cles/PACKER.jpg)

CTDiesel
  • CTDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (DHoff @ Oct 4 2008, 17:10)

No doubt! I was so disappointed the first time I tried to hook to a trailer and realized that it wouldn't do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users