Photo

Bulgaria isn't Germany, Japan or Korea

20 replies to this topic
spudz47
  • spudz47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hey Microsoft, Bulgaria Is Not Germany, Japan or Korea!!

Alex from, you guessed it, Bulgaria writes:

So i wanted to buy Duke Nukem 3D from arcade store and surprise "THIS ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR CURRENT LOCATION". Sorry, but when is Bulgaria became Germany, Japan and Korea? On Major Nelson blog i read this "Availability: Not available in Germany, Japan and Korea". I tried to buy DOOM too and guess what? That's right, born at the wrong location again. What do i have to do in order to buy and play that game? Anyone? Anyone?!

Alex from, that's right, Bulgaria continues after the jump.

The other thing I'm very frustrated is that Microsoft Bulgaria (this mean that Microsoft too, right?) doesn't care for XBOX at all. I never saw any advertising of the XBOX/XBOX360/Zune or whatsoever. They not sell the consoles nor the games, they not provide any technical assistance/help. When something happens to your console, you will get it repaired if you go to Greece. Come on, WTF!?! Bulgaria is a small country i know, but is that the attitude and strategy Microsoft chose to win new costumers? I have to depend on some importers to buy from them the console or games and i have to pay more that retail price ofcourse. Good job Microsoft, this is the way you will win the console war.

Because dammit, Bulgaria decides the console winner. And right now, Bulgaria is so pissed at you, Microsoft.

http://kotaku.com/5056165/hey-microsoft-bu...-japan-or-korea (http://kotaku.com/50...-japan-or-korea)

Any comments? I'm Bulgarian, and most 3rd world countries are facing these problems...

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (spudz47 @ Sep 29 2008, 11:10)
Bulgaria decides the console winner.

How the f*ck does Bulgaria decide the "console winner," which I assume means the winner of the console war? He even said himself that Bulgaria is a small country.

I mean, no offense, but really. Large countries like Great Britain, the United Kingdom, the United States, those are the countries that the companies care about. Those are the countries with the large populations, most of which can afford the system. In a third would country, seventy five percent of the population doesn't even know what a console is.

Sounds like he's just getting pissy because he can't download an arcade game to me.

spudz47
  • spudz47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sep 29 2008, 16:15)
QUOTE (spudz47 @ Sep 29 2008, 11:10)
Bulgaria decides the console winner.

How the f*ck does Bulgaria decide the "console winner," which I assume means the winner of the console war? He even said himself that Bulgaria is a small country.

I mean, no offense, but really. Large countries like Great Britain, the United Kingdom, the United States, those are the countries that the companies care about. Those are the countries with the large populations, most of which can afford the system. In a third would country, seventy five percent of the population doesn't even know what a console is.

Sounds like he's just getting pissy because he can't download an arcade game to me.

The last part was sarcasm on the part of Kotaku.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

Well...

Its not only Bulgaria but also many other smaller countries which put together make up a pretty large market.

Yes its annoying how large corporations treat us... But if they dont want my money then fine by me.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:58 PM Edited by Kimd41, 29 September 2008 - 05:03 PM.

Microsoft sucks, get over it.

We're not a 3rd world country btw.

Greenage380
  • Greenage380

Don't worry about a thing,Be happy.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:02 PM

Great Britain, the United Kingdom

Just one mistake Pat they both are the same thing

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Greenage380 @ Sep 29 2008, 18:02)

Incorrect. Great Britain is the island containing England, Wales and Scotland. It does not include Northern Ireland. The UK does.

Hence, when you read the front of a British passport, it says "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

http://hardwarelogic.com/articles/blogs/We...MoreYouKnow.jpg (http://hardwarelogic...MoreYouKnow.jpg)

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sep 29 2008, 17:15)
United Kingdom

Microsoft doesn't really care that much for the UK either (well not compared to the US), we pay almost double the price for XBL and half the stuff isn't available here. It took forever for them to launch a proper video marketplace, I believe certain DLC like Rock Band songs are double the price over here, and when NXE launches we won't have Netflix or the 100-to-1 game etc. Although then again, I don't think any countries outside the US will.

Still, we get it better than a lot of countries. Sucks to be Eastern European I guess.

Greenage380
  • Greenage380

Don't worry about a thing,Be happy.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Mark @ Sep 29 2008, 18:05)
QUOTE (Greenage380 @ Sep 29 2008, 18:02)

Incorrect. Great Britain is the island containing England, Wales and Scotland. It does not include Northern Ireland. The UK does.

Hence, when you read the front of a British passport, it says "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

http://hardwarelogic.com/articles/blogs/We...MoreYouKnow.jpg (http://hardwarelogic...MoreYouKnow.jpg) (http://hardwarelogic...MoreYouKnow.jpg)

OK thanks for correcting me Mark, you learn something new everyday.

spudz47
  • spudz47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Kimd41 @ Sep 29 2008, 16:58)

I know, but they are treating us like one...

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (spudz47 @ Sep 29 2008, 14:20)
QUOTE (Kimd41 @ Sep 29 2008, 16:58)

I know, but they are treating us like one...

Well alright you guys aren't a 3rd world country, but lets face it large companies and countries just don't give a sh*t about small countries like your own.
Besides....would it help you out if i told you that Duke Nukem 3d atomic wasn't that good on the 360

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:42 AM Edited by -Kajun-, 30 September 2008 - 01:46 AM.

Bulgaria is the second (might be third, not positive) poorest out of the 27 countries in the European Union.

You're nothing more than the dustbunnies under Microsoft's bed. Sad, but true.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 30 2008, 02:42)
Bulgaria is the second (might be third, not positive) poorest out of the 27 countries in the European Union.

No it isn't. It's actually 9th or 10th.

CODE

http://www.aneki.com/poorest_europe.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_GDP_per_capita
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bu.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071213090834AAZhpVp

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Kimd41 @ Sep 30 2008, 19:42)
QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 30 2008, 02:42)

No it isn't. It's actually 9th or 10th.

I doesn't matter what position a country is in the 'poorest' country league.

Europe gets shafted by Microsoft, just look at all these features and competitions that North America gets. The only way Microsoft will take notice of Europe is when all the plates slide together and North America and Europe get connected, which will be in millions of years tounge.gif .

crazydude
  • crazydude

Blah!

• Feroci

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:34 AM

It's true that we get shafted, but its not like most of us care too much about console games. We tend to focus more on the PC side of things, plus we live more social lives.....I would know cuz I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I only play games when I'm bored. I don't even touch them when I'm in BG for the summer since there is so much to do.

When I talked to one of my buddies there he thought that me having a 360 was the greatest thing ever. He also mentioned that he wanted to buy a PS2. I thought it was kinda funny since he's a couple of years too late for that bandwagon. tounge.gif

Haide nashte! wink.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (crazydude @ Oct 1 2008, 16:34)
Haide nashte! wink.gif

Ja razumem sto si rekao. tounge.gif

It's a similar situation is Serbia; in my cousin's town, there is a shop where they have cracked games from consoles on computer. I don't think I know anyone there that wants a console; most of them play downloaded, pirated games off the computer. I'm not too sure about Bulgaria, but perhaps it's also easy to download games illegally there.

spudz47
  • spudz47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

What irritates me the most is this:
Yes, there is piracy in Bulgaria. There is a TON of piracy in Bulgaria. Bulgaria has so much piracy, it's a known fact the ISP themselves supply pirate material through P2P protocols. The sites with the most visits are torrent trackers and file sharing sites with search engines (say any artist and I will find you his most popular and most unknown song)
There are not enough words in any language that can even for a little explain to you how much piracy there is in Bulgaria. It's safe to say 95% of Bulgarians haven't bought a single legal FILE, will it be music, a movie or a video game.
But then there are the other 5% that either have the money or are huge gamers that believe it or not - BUY LEGAL MATERIAL!!!
That's kinda hard to believe, since a Bulgarian's basic income is around 300 Bulgarian Leva and a game costs 70 leva. You have to save up a whole lot of cash in order to save up to pay huge bills (and they are H U G E), have enough to eat and sleep, have a PC and then have the money to buy ONE GAME!
I personally don't condone this (but that's just because I can buy my games) and I say "If you can't buy it - you can't play it." But our country is so f*cked up the least of our problems is piracy.
And not only we don't give M$ money, we even steal it. If M$ can't make money with us, they won't try! Simple as that. There is no market in here and M$ will just lose money on us. That IMO is exactly the reason why we don't get to play such games. And that's not right to the people who want to give their hard-earned money to M$ in order to play.
That's that! This is life - deal with it...

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:18 AM

Ukraine is a large country so what? Xbox Support is also too bad here.

Still, we get it better than a lot of countries. Sucks to be Eastern European I guess.

Maybe you're right but on the other hand, it's good to live here comparing to Afrika.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Oct 2 2008, 04:18)

Ukraine is a large country so what? Xbox Support is also too bad here.

Maybe you're right but on the other hand, it's good to live here comparing to Afrika.

Pretty nice comparison there bucko. dozingoff.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Oct 1 2008, 03:02)
Europe gets shafted by Microsoft, just look at all these features and competitions that North America gets. The only way Microsoft will take notice of Europe is when all the plates slide together and North America and Europe get connected, which will be in millions of years tounge.gif .

You think Europe gets shafted, wait until I tell you about a place down-under I like to call...

Australia. turn.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 3 2008, 14:56)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Oct 1 2008, 03:02)

You think Europe gets shafted, wait until I tell you about a place down-under I like to call...

Australia. turn.gif

Ah that is very true.

I feel sorry for you Aussies, with all the late releases and stuff sad.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users