Quantcast

» «
Photo

100% done at the most realistic approach possible.

11 replies to this topic
PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:32 PM Edited by PhilipO43, 28 September 2008 - 03:50 PM.

Last night i finally grabbed up 100% on the X360 version(the PS3 version's story is also done, and at 90% total), which was nasty to do so because i'm lucky to get 1-2 hrs free a day, and i finished at 120 hours. (210+ hours total for both versions)

So you ask 'what was so unique about it?'

When i started the game i figured let me play this out in the most realistic way possible, no deaths/busted/replays, and without killing any pedestrians.

-----
0 Deaths
0 Times Busted
0 missions replayed
0 missions failed

250 wanted stars
250 stars evaded

AND only 791 Kills , all without killing a single pedestrian.

-----

The hardest part was not killing a single pedestrian, which is the way i also took both GTAIII and Vice City, however in GTA:IV the number of criminals you need to kill, are far more then in eithier of those two games.(and SA as well).

FYI: My Live nickname is ElMariachiPJO, #22987 to finish 100%.
[ Notice my Live gametag to see how i always grab the hardest of achievements--> (http://live.xbox.com...r/ElMariachiPJO) ]

The 100% stuff is always too easy for me, just as it was in all previous GTA's, so i need a much harder challenge, just to challenge myself.

GTA:IV was the hardest in the series to finish using this approach.

If anyone here wants to really challenge yourself, this way is one thing you may wish to give a try.

It's too bad Rockstar does not award playing this way on it's social club and for the X360 achievements.

btw: Now i can finally play the game in total chaos and kill everything and anyone wink.gif

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

well normally i would say get a life.
but this seems like a generally good challenge/idea, and well done for doing it.
a very unique way to play.
just 1 question. did you at any point go back to a previous save just incase you died?
if not then well done again

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

That's quite impressive but I don't know how you kept it up til 100%, it must have been so tempting to just pop a cap in a peds as and watch them awkwardly fall to the floor. Or just running them over is funny as hell, watching their bodies fly over the car and land motionless on the ground as you speed away........man I'm sick confused.gif

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:13 PM Edited by PhilipO43, 28 September 2008 - 04:19 PM.

QUOTE (andysniper @ Sep 28 2008, 15:46)
well normally i would say get a life.
but this seems like a generally good challenge/idea, and well done for doing it.
a very unique way to play.
just 1 question. did you at any point go back to a previous save just incase you died?
if not then well done again

Thanks.

Actually i did'nt need to reload any saves bacause of dying in a mission, even after the harder missions such as 'Three Leaf Clover', until late in the game and i did reload from dying in missions only twice.

Now, i did die/reload the save file 3 or 4 times more because once i slipped off a roof at the airport trying to kill one of the 200 pigeons..lol, and for the other times a pedestrian got in the way of an explosion or a blown up car, and i reloaded to do the mission again.

I don't believe in the X360 version i got caught by the police once.

It's really hard to grab 100%, with no deaths/busted/replays AND not killing innocents, all in combination, without using an old reload of a save.

Now, I did likewise for the PS3 version (same 0 deaths. 0 busted..ect), however i died easily over a dozen times total, just in the missions.

I just took the X360 version alot more seriously in terms of not dying during missions.

lol, but there were many times where i lucked out with near 0 health at the end of a mission.

It's too bad there is no achievement for not dying at all(ala FEAR), throughout the game.(with no reload of saves).

Beating FEAR (and FEAR Files) and other FPS's like SOF, without dying once in a game, is alot harder to do, then not dying in the missions in GTA:IV.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (JayM @ Sep 28 2008, 15:58)
That's quite impressive but I don't know how you kept it up til 100%, it must have been so tempting to just pop a cap in a peds as and watch them awkwardly fall to the floor. Or just running them over is funny as hell, watching their bodies fly over the car and land motionless on the ground as you speed away........man I'm sick confused.gif

Thanks.

LOL, if you only knew how many times i wished to alone kill the taxi driver sent by Roman(who always badmouths Niko), let alone the times where a crazy pedestrian starts punching Niko if he hears a gunshot in the area.

To _not_ kill a pedestrian in a GTA game is very hard to do, because the game tempts you to do so over and over.

Anyway now that that save file is done(i should archive it..lol), i'm playing it the way it should be played wink.gif

Also since i'm a major FP fan, i'll be playing it in 1st person mode. (you can do this using the 'invisible Niko' glitch).

Sometimes i get too sadistic with my games to the point where it feels alot more like a job then an enjoyment. (Ala FEAR and FEAR Files survival mode, SOF no dying and countless others).

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Sep 28 2008, 16:32)
Last night i finally grabbed up 100% on the X360 version(the PS3 version's story is also done, and at 90% total), which was nasty to do so because i'm lucky to get 1-2 hrs free a day, and i finished at 120 hours. (210+ hours total for both versions)

So you ask 'what was so unique about it?'

When i started the game i figured let me play this out in the most realistic way possible, no deaths/busted/replays, and without killing any pedestrians.

-----
0 Deaths
0 Times Busted
0 missions replayed
0 missions failed

250 wanted stars
250 stars evaded

AND only 791 Kills , all without killing a single pedestrian.

-----

The hardest part was not killing a single pedestrian, which is the way i also took both GTAIII and Vice City, however in GTA:IV the number of criminals you need to kill, are far more then in eithier of those two games.(and SA as well).

FYI: My Live nickname is ElMariachiPJO, #22987 to finish 100%.
[ Notice my Live gametag to see how i always grab the hardest of achievements--> (http://live.xbox.com...r/ElMariachiPJO) ]

The 100% stuff is always too easy for me, just as it was in all previous GTA's, so i need a much harder challenge, just to challenge myself.

GTA:IV was the hardest in the series to finish using this approach.

If anyone here wants to really challenge yourself, this way is one thing you may wish to give a try.

It's too bad Rockstar does not award playing this way on it's social club and for the X360 achievements.

btw: Now i can finally play the game in total chaos and kill everything and anyone wink.gif

now im the opposite i like killing peds and im upto 1156 with the story complete 80.50

That probably has something todo with me just driving along pavements for a laugh.

times busted 5
Times Died 53
visits to prostitutes 2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Thats a pretty cool idea of playing it

i might do that after i go through it two-face style and flip a coin at all moral choices

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

That's a nice way to play it. Cool idea, I might wanna try that. I have no deaths, times busted, missions replayed, missions failed but I've killed a lot of peds already.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

You can also use the cops to kill even less people.

and that Two-Faced style seems like a good idea.

TinCan
  • TinCan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

Some insane people over at gemafaqs have posted a crimeless walkthru and guides for the toughest missions:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/933037/53480 (http://www.gamefaqs....le/933037/53480)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....&topic=45157064 (http://www.gamefaqs....&topic=45157064)

QUOTE (Chungarunga)
I have just completed the main story and my stats are

PEOPLE KILLED: 0
CARS STOLEN: 0
BIKES STOLEN: 0
BOATS STOLEN: 4
HELICOPTERS STOLEN: 1
STARS ATTAINED: 34
PEOPLE RUN DOWN: 0
FIRES STARTED: 0
CRIMINALS KILLED: 0

My playing time is 25:35:06 but as I said, I did some side stuff too.

mercie_blink.gif monocle.gif

WaterGolem
  • WaterGolem

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

This kinda reminds me of trying to get through all the Metal Gear Solid games on max difficulty with no kills, alerts, continues, or recovery items. Might give it a crack with GTA!

ThaDoggfather
  • ThaDoggfather

I like women

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (WaterGolem @ Sep 29 2008, 09:17)
This kinda reminds me of trying to get through all the Metal Gear Solid games on max difficulty with no kills, alerts, continues, or recovery items. Might give it a crack with GTA!

European Extreme mode!!! MGS2:I died near the elevator on the plant mission all the time. (the room were Fortune 'n' Vamp talk)
MGS3:Im too scared to do it knowing that im gonna fail suicidal.gif  

I havnt got IV yet but im trying to play like this in San Andreas, probably not as much fun as u guys have play IV cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users