Photo

Official Band Game Chat Topic

355 replies to this topic
WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

Can you use the instruments from RB 1 for RB 2? Cause I was udner the impression the only difference between the instruments was that the drum has a better pedal and the guitar has a better strum bar.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, you can use the same instruments. Also, the RB2 drum pads are more quiet, as well as the guitar fret buttons.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yes, and here is a full compatibility chart: http://www.joystiq.c...ibility-Matrix/

Great topic. I'm a Rock Band drummer myself. Nobody does it better than Harmonix.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (GTAThomas @ Dec 24 2008, 15:19)
Yes, and here is a full compatibility chart: http://www.joystiq.c...ibility-Matrix/

Great topic. I'm a Rock Band drummer myself. Nobody does it better than Harmonix.

Awesome, thanks.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Dec 25 2008, 03:05)
Yeah, you can use the same instruments. Also, the RB2 drum pads are more quiet, as well as the guitar fret buttons.

Not to mention the new Stratocaster has Auto-Calibration equipment inside and the drums are Velocity-Sensitive and have support for Cymbals available for purchase seperately.

And Merry Christmas Rhythm Game Loving Fans. biggrin.gif

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Dec 24 2008, 18:38)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Dec 25 2008, 03:05)

Not to mention the new Stratocaster has Auto-Calibration equipment inside and the drums are Velocity-Sensitive and have support for Cymbals available for purchase seperately.

And Merry Christmas Rhythm Game Loving Fans. biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas to you too

nutboy
  • nutboy

The Badman

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

im in the so ill have to choose between rock band1 and GTWT which one do you guys suggest?

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:11 AM

Just completed the drummers Carrer on Guitar Hero: World Tour icon14.gif
When I get some dosh, I am going to buy Rock Band 2. I used the original Rock band drums but as a drummer myself they felt very fake and uneasy. I much prefere GT:WT's drum kit its much closer to the really thing, though still abit far off.

Music wise though Rock Band 2 nails Guitar Hero: World Tour though I still Love Guitar Hero

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

It's kind of awkward to explain, but the Rock Band drums are realistic in their own way.
Once you understand what each pad is supposed to represent, playing it feels a lot more natural than the World Tour kit.

I use cymbals in quotations because they can also be hi-hats. And by "low tom" I mean the lowest tuned tom.

With the RB drum's design, there is a lot more freedom for creative and complex charts.
For example, the WT kit is limited to two "cymbals" and two toms. (As far as I know, the red pad does not act as a tom at all in the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
However, the RB kit can have 3 "cymbals" and 3 toms in the same song, just by switching what the pads are simulating. (Ex. green as crash cymbal and low tom.)
Most of the time the pads represent 'one or the other'. If the green pad isn't playing the cymbals than it must be playing the low toms.
There are some exceptions.

So basically with Rock Band you can have the perfect blend for a standard drum kit. A snare, 3 toms, a hi-hat, a ride cymbal, a crash cymbal, and a bass of course.
The only problem with this occurs when in real life, the drummer hits a low tom and a crash cymbal at the same time. tounge.gif

But if you have more fun and immersion hitting cymbals, then you can get the cymbal expansion pack for the RB2 drums.
They don't add anything new and play exactly the same as the pads, but learning to recognize when to use a cymbal and when to use a tom is just one step closer to learning how to play real drums.

I probably did a bad job explaining this, but knowing these things has helped me recreate Rock Band song charting on real drums.

There's my two cents on the whole drums thing.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:48 AM Edited by DeeperRed, 25 December 2008 - 11:40 AM.

The Red drum acts as a high tom aswell as a snare. Having played th drums for 5 years the GT:WT definatly feels more authentic due to the placement of the hi-hat. But like I said Rock Band 2 is a better game due to music and gameplay.

The probelm with GH:WT is that is not forgiving enough on the easier modes making is less of a party game like Rock Band 2, which has the easy modes and the hard modes.
Though both Games rock

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Dec 25 2008, 18:48)
The probelm with GH:WT is that is not forgiving enough on the easier modes making is less of a party game like Rock Band 2, which has the easy modes and the hard modes.
Though both Games rock

I've played both, and this is a very big problem with the game. HMX seems to reduce the amount of notes played on a lower difficulty, whilst retaining playability, where as Neversoft seems to simply use a tool to do so, as pad hits and kick pedal notes are off beat, which in some cases makes it harder to play, albeit with less notes.

The WT drum set also has major issues regarding cymbals and the hi-hat. Say you are playing the hi-hat on the yellow cymbal, a crash cymbal comes up so they chart it to Orange. Makes sense. But what if you're already playing the Ride Cymbal on Orange? The charters have no choice but to now throw the crash cymbal back to yellow. This is where the RB drumset's 'double-up' system prevails.

It's kind of a shame too, the WT kit has some good ideas (Piezo Sensor for Bass Pedal as opposed to RB's magnetic system) but alas, due to poor execution, it crashed (Ba-Dum-Tssh!).

Also, to anyone else who has the WT Guitar, do you find it odd to play? I can't seem to do fast hits like I can on my good ol' Les Paul controller, and alt-strumming seems to be even more in-accurate.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

I played GT:WT the other day at my local JB-Hi-Fi.
I found it disappointing in the sense that the difficulty seems to have toned down a notch...I wasn't finding expert very difficult at all confused.gif
Anyone else think the same?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:49 PM Edited by Blackadder., 25 December 2008 - 01:51 PM.

It is sadly lacking in difficulty, although Guitar Hero III is only regarded as the hardest one ever due to it's horrendous over charting. If you are looking for a challenge, get Rock Band 2 oh wait, you live in Australia, that ain't an option. turn.gif

At what point did the song selectors think No Sleep Til' Brooklyn and What I've Done would be any fun to play on any instrument besides Vocals?

Fortunately there are a handful of (very) difficult songs, Satch Boogie being one of the hardest in my opinion.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

I hate WT's story mode, Its a sh*tload of sh*t songs, then 1 or 2 good ones, then more sh*t ones until you get to the gold mine of good songs that you'll play over and over in Quick Play.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Joe. @ Dec 25 2008, 21:59)
I hate WT's story mode, Its a sh*tload of sh*t songs, then 1 or 2 good ones, then more sh*t ones until you get to the gold mine of good songs that you'll play over and over in Quick Play.

Or you know, you could actually learn how to activate cheats and unlock all songs in Quickplay.

Silly you. tounge.gif

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Dec 26 2008, 01:08)
QUOTE (Joe. @ Dec 25 2008, 21:59)

Or you know, you could actually learn how to activate cheats and unlock all songs in Quickplay.

Silly you. tounge.gif

Hey, its not my fault they didn't make it obvious it scrolls!

And besides, where's the fun in that? I want GHIII's cartoony story back!

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

Ooh boy, after a night with Blackadder my fingers sure are worn out.
ph34r.gif
of course he continued to own me (Be it my first time on expert biggrin.gif ) but by not as far as I thought.

I demand a battle of the GTAF bands.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

When we get off our asses and get RB2 me and him are starting a band on it.

I hate how you HAVE to have a band to do most of the achievements on RB1...

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

Some guys got really pissed with me online yesturday. I set my level to hard on the Drums and then we went through I bunch of songs I hadn't played before ! I f*cked up there clean expert runs lol.gif
I wish though the next drum kit comes with a decent kick pedal, I can land all the other notes its just the kick pedal is a slow pile of ass so doing double beats is really tiring

Joe you playing PS3 or 360? if 360 add me "Max da man"

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

Don't have my 360 connected to live until monday and I'm lazy, so add me, Brutuz1000and1.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Joe. @ Dec 28 2008, 00:17)
Don't have my 360 connected to live until monday and I'm lazy, so add me, Brutuz1000and1.

Oh shi-
Joe, you're Brutuz? Ah yes. Indeed, I played a game of Call Of Duty 4 with you where we discussed what game you should buy with your money.
You me and Blackadder - would be simple because we're all Aussie - lets get somethin' going cool.gif .

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ Dec 27 2008, 21:48)
ph34r.gif
of course he continued to own me (Be it my first time on expert biggrin.gif ) but by not as far as I thought.

Not as far as you thought? I don't know about you, but 100,000 points is a big difference to me. tounge.gif And in my defence, I'm still getting used to the new WT Guitar.

But yeah, you really need to get Rock Band. At this stage you should just go for Rock Band 2 (Import) and rent Rock Band to export the tracks from.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Dec 28 2008, 00:33)
QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ Dec 27 2008, 21:48)
ph34r.gif

Not as far as you thought? I don't know about you, but 100,000 points is a big difference to me. tounge.gif And in my defence, I'm still getting used to the new WT Guitar.

But yeah, you really need to get Rock Band. At this stage you should just go for Rock Band 2 (Import) and rent Rock Band to export the tracks from.

Uh uh uh, in only a few did the score difference get from like 90 > 180,000 tounge.gif
At other times it was better smile.gif
Prisoner of Society kicked ASS, dude.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

OMG guys! You thought Guitar hero and Rock Band were good!

Guy's we have been seriously missing out
http://uk.youtube.co...feature=channel

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:41 AM

Wow that game is absolutely terrible. I love his remark about the bin graphic on the box.

In other news, my World Tour Guitar's downstrum is officially broke, so I need new switches. Hooray! turn.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

If anyone has room in their band for an medium skilled drummer add me on live

my GT is there
|
|
\/

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

I'm not sure about starting a Band with you, but I wouldn't mind having a few games with you sometime.

Also, I fixed my WT-Tar. Spent about an hour getting the switches in the right position, and it works like a charm.

And last but not least, there will be no Rock Band 3 in '09. HMX have focused their effors on The Beatles project but they haven't ruled out the possibility of a track pack that can be export to Rock Band/2. So if you haven't picked up Rock Band 2 yet, you've now got plenty of time to do so. smile.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

Cheers mate didn't say in my first post but I only have GHWT, and not rock band but i will be purchasing both 1 and 2 very soon as after reading this thread i have discovered all the hardware i got in the GH pack will work with rock band 1 and 2, ..................... i have read that right haven't i confused.gif blush.gif colgate.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

Yep. Thankfully all Guitar Hero peripherals work with Rock Band. On the 360 at least. The PS3 has issues with the WT drumset on Rock Band and the Wii and PS2 have a mind-boggler of what instruments are and aren't cross compatible.

But yeah, send me a FR on XBL and send me a message whenever you want to play. I only have XBL on weekends however just so you know.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

One thing I hate about Rock Band games is they take so f*cking long to come out in anywhere not america! UK have only jus got RockBand 2 but its still charging 40 for an old game (by US release standerds). Usually the game comes out 1-2 weeks later not 4-5 months mercie_blink.gif . Hence why they they lost loads of sales to GT:WT but as soon as it hits the bargin bins I will snap it up lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users