Official Band Game Chat Topic

355 replies to this topic
Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Kaiser_AK @ Oct 25 2008, 03:15)
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 21 2008, 08:46)
I'd hope they didn't say that. They did a pretty piss poor job at it.

The Rock Revolution is basically Konami fusing their Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania games together and if you look at the drum kit for Rock Revolution coming out, its basically the same design as the most recent version of Drum Mania.

Heres some guy doing Dr. Feel Good, which I think is better than that other guy:
[youtube]b06XqawxKRY[/outube]

That may be so, but merging two things that worked before doesn't necessarily mean it will work now. Why settle for less (Rock Revolution) when you can have more? (Guitar Hero World Tour)

And of course that guy is playing better, he's on Guitar, he doesn't have to contend with the bass pedal notes thrown in the midst of all the pad notes.

Joe: They've probably had since the original Guitar Hero to plan this out, and they couldn't even match that. I have no interest in future developments, I mean, even though World Tour is copying aspects of Rock Band, at least they are doing it right.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:23 AM

Well, I'm getting this game tomorrow, and should have a 20Gb HDD on wednesday, so I can get some DLC!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:42 AM

Well, I had to do some surgery on my drum kit. The yellow pad was cracked in three pieces, and needed a remedy. I popped the pad off, and with some well placed cardboard and electrical tape, I turned it back into a playable pad. I might need to use the "nickel trick" to make it more sensitive, though.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:25 AM

Or the sock mod perhaps?

Funnily enough, I've been doing some adjustments too. To my Les Paul controller though. I present you with... a fairly simple spray job.

user posted image

I think it looks kickass, much better than the Wii one (the white buttons and sturmbar don't look so good in my opinion). Still got to sand it down a bit and put another coat on, so until then I'm faceplateless. Still, it's damn worth it.

Joe: Awesome, can't wait.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:00 PM Edited by Joe., 26 October 2008 - 02:32 PM.

Nice looking, I may paint my X-Plorer black, but keep the pickguard white.

Edit: user posted image
Like that, but with EVERYTHING except that large white bit in the corner (Pickguard) black, for those who want to know.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

I know this has nothing to do with RB, but I can't f*cking wait to make my own crazy songs in GH: WT

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

The 7th? Awesome! Can't wait!

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Oct 27 2008, 01:44)
I know this has nothing to do with RB, but I can't f*cking wait to make my own crazy songs in GH: WT

That's alright, I'm pretty sure it's been established that this topic is for any three of the major band games. Maybe the title could be changed to Official Band Game Discussion?

Just urgh, don't go crazy on the solos, the entire song can only last 3 minutes.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

Come on, Cliffs of Dover and Eruption, both pretty much solos and nothing else.

If you have to make something, just make it tasteful, at least.

Master of Pain.
  • Master of Pain.

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

I have two GH controllers. I just went out and bought RB2 and the RB1 drum kit, but I haven't opened either of them yet. I hear there were problems with the RB1 drums, so I wanna end up having an updated version in the long run (I have 90 days to return the RB1 drum kit so I can use those until then). The problem is, I can't find the RB2 drum kit for 360 anywhere. Not in my local stores, not online - it's back ordered everywhere.

Since I can't find the RB2 drum kit anywhere, I'm wondering if I should get the GH drums? Does anyone know if they'll be compatible for RB2? I'm pretty sure the GH guitars work for RB2 right? Thanks for the help.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:22 AM Edited by Blackadder., 27 October 2008 - 09:24 AM.

QUOTE (Master of Pain. @ Oct 27 2008, 16:43)
Since I can't find the RB2 drum kit anywhere, I'm wondering if I should get the GH drums? Does anyone know if they'll be compatible for RB2? I'm pretty sure the GH guitars work for RB2 right? Thanks for the help.

The World Tour drums are compatible with Rock Band 2 (Not sure about Rock Band) on the PS3 and 360 due to Sony and Microsoft forcing Activision to do so. Same works in reverse for Rock Band 2 drums.

I've heard the pads themself are great, much better than the Rock Band sets, however I've also heard that the cymbals are fairly sh*te, not only are they in fairly bad positions (Hi-Hat to the right of the Snare?!), but they can be unresponsive; velocity sensitivity has a part in that, and since you are playing this kit on Rock Band/2, it's going to feel quite odd to play 1/16th Hi-Hat rolls (Run to the Hills, Everlong, etc) on the red pad[/b], and then play the snare on the yellow [i]cymbal. Then you'll also play the crash cymbal on the green pad even though there is a cymbal right above it sitting there doing nothing. It's unorthodox, and probably more pain than fun.

In short, I think you should go with the Rock Band 2 kit once you find it. Then buy the optional cymbals if you really want them.

Bad news on other Guitar Hero World Tour instruments too. Turns out the Slider on the Genericaster has issues, causing it to activate entirely by itself, breaking sustains, your combo, and even potentially causing you to fail a song. Hopefully it isn't a too widespread issue.

Master of Pain.
  • Master of Pain.

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 27 2008, 09:22)
QUOTE (Master of Pain. @ Oct 27 2008, 16:43)

The World Tour drums are compatible with Rock Band 2 (Not sure about Rock Band) on the PS3 and 360 due to Sony and Microsoft forcing Activision to do so. Same works in reverse for Rock Band 2 drums.

I've heard the pads themself are great, much better than the Rock Band sets, however I've also heard that the cymbals are fairly sh*te, not only are they in fairly bad positions (Hi-Hat to the right of the Snare?!), but they can be unresponsive; velocity sensitivity has a part in that, and since you are playing this kit on Rock Band/2, it's going to feel quite odd to play 1/16th Hi-Hat rolls (Run to the Hills, Everlong, etc) on the red pad[/b], and then play the snare on the yellow [i]cymbal. Then you'll also play the crash cymbal on the green pad even though there is a cymbal right above it sitting there doing nothing. It's unorthodox, and probably more pain than fun.

In short, I think you should go with the Rock Band 2 kit once you find it. Then buy the optional cymbals if you really want them.

Bad news on other Guitar Hero World Tour instruments too. Turns out the Slider on the Genericaster has issues, causing it to activate entirely by itself, breaking sustains, your combo, and even potentially causing you to fail a song. Hopefully it isn't a too widespread issue.

Sounds good, thanks for the help. I'll just go and order the wireless kit online. I hope they will let me exchange the first kit for something else, as opposed to just replace it with the same item.

Kaiser_AK
  • Kaiser_AK

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:28 PM Edited by Kaiser_AK, 28 October 2008 - 03:55 PM.

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 25 2008, 02:51)
QUOTE (Kaiser_AK @ Oct 25 2008, 03:15)
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 21 2008, 08:46)
I'd hope they didn't say that. They did a pretty piss poor job at it.

The Rock Revolution is basically Konami fusing their Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania games together and if you look at the drum kit for Rock Revolution coming out, its basically the same design as the most recent version of Drum Mania.

Heres some guy doing Dr. Feel Good, which I think is better than that other guy:
[youtube]b06XqawxKRY[/outube]

That may be so, but merging two things that worked before doesn't necessarily mean it will work now. Why settle for less (Rock Revolution) when you can have more? (Guitar Hero World Tour)

And of course that guy is playing better, he's on Guitar, he doesn't have to contend with the bass pedal notes thrown in the midst of all the pad notes.

Joe: They've probably had since the original Guitar Hero to plan this out, and they couldn't even match that. I have no interest in future developments, I mean, even though World Tour is copying aspects of Rock Band, at least they are doing it right.

Eh, I guess I just wanted to say that we can't really lose when we have more of a selection to choose from. Especially if the guitars and drums are cross compatible across all three guitar games (the drums each having their own layout and style for each game), its a win win. I also thought the Dr. Feelgood on Rock Rev didn't sound bad at all.

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

Got soul, but I'm not a soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:32 AM

I read about the drums, but can someone please tell me about the guitars? I want to get RB2, the box set, but I can't find info about whether or not i'll be able to use that guitar to play GH3 and GHWT.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (CtrlAltSupr @ Nov 13 2008, 10:32)
I read about the drums, but can someone please tell me about the guitars? I want to get RB2, the box set, but I can't find info about whether or not i'll be able to use that guitar to play GH3 and GHWT.

Unfortunately neither the Rock Band or Rock Band 2 Stratocasters work with Guitar Hero III, but from what I know they do work on World Tour but only on the 360/PS3 due to Microsoft/Sony forcing the developers.

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

Got soul, but I'm not a soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for the info, I was unable to find out by myself, all I kept finding was tons of compatibility charts regarding GH3 and RB1. It's silly how they made RB2's guitar compatible with World Tour but not GH3, guess I'll have to save a little bit more money so I can play Lay Down, Cliffs of Dover, and La Grange :S

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:02 PM

No problem, but those can't be the only songs you like on GH III? There's a bucketload of good tracks on GH III, shame they aren't charted all that well.

Speaking of Guitar Hero III, I just passed Raining Blood after weeks of attempting to get past Mosh 1. It was suprisingly easy from there on, I passed the song, cheered. Then I got to the final boss with Lou. He throws a lefty flip at me on one of the hardest parts of the song, I proceed to then miss every single note and fail faster than you can say "Lou-just-pwned-that-guy-with-lefty-flip-powerup"

This is going to take a while. sad.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (CtrlAltSupr @ Nov 14 2008, 03:01)
Thanks for the info, I was unable to find out by myself, all I kept finding was tons of compatibility charts regarding GH3 and RB1. It's silly how they made RB2's guitar compatible with World Tour but not GH3, guess I'll have to save a little bit more money so I can play  Lay Down, Cliffs of Dover, and La Grange :S

Those songs are incredibly easy with the controller. I love playing GH3 and GH2 with the regular controller. Anyway I gotta GH2 guitar for Rockband, and GH WT because I'm a cheap bastard.

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

Can someone please clear this up for me;

I'm buying either Rockband or GH:WT for a friend for Xmas. Now, will he enjoy one or the other more? Does one have more songs? What is the major difference between the two?

Thank ye.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:09 PM Edited by Blackadder., 14 November 2008 - 03:11 PM.

QUOTE (Vin. @ Nov 14 2008, 22:57)
I'm buying either Rockband or GH:WT for a friend for Xmas. Now, will he enjoy one or the other more? Does one have more songs? What is the major difference between the two?

Looking at your flag I'm assuming your in Australia (like me)? So by Rock Band you mean the original. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, the main difference is obviously the setlist, Rock Band contains 58 songs on disc plus over 200 songs as downloadable content. Guitar Hero World Tour has 86 on Disc and about 5-10 downloadable songs so far. You should try and see what bands he is into, I personally prefer Rock Band's setlist but it's all a matter of personal opinion.

The other major difference would be the drums, Rock Band has 4 pads, where as World Tour has 3 pads and 2 elevated cymbals. In theory World Tour's kit should be better but is worse, mainly due to faulty kits, but also due to the kit being unable to be adjusted (Hi-Hat to right of Snare? lolwut) Again, opinion eally, though it's hard to see which kit he would prefer without ruining the surprise.

The last major thing is of course the U.I. I find Rock Band a lot cleaner, World Tour is quite ugly to be perfectly honest, and you have to share Star Power between the band in WT.

EDIT: Also due to Rock Band having more simplistic (and realistic) charting as opposed to World Tour's Under/Overcharting, he'll most likely enjoy Rock Band more.

World Tour also has a Music Studio to create custom songs, but it's really un-intuitive, and he probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Bottom line: Song Choice comes first, and due to Rock Band having over 250 songs upon putting the disc into his console (As long as it's a PS3/360), I'd personally reccomend that.

ryuclan: But what fun is it using a standard controller?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Nov 14 2008, 15:09)

Actually since I beat GH2 and GH3 using the standard controller, apparently quite fun. I also like when I beat people online and they call me a cheater. That's how you know you're pretty good. I can beat 75% of GH2/3's setlist on expert with it, and I can beat a lot of songs that a lot of people have a hard time with. Anyway it's not for everyone, the difficulty is a bit harder (which I like) and you may get cramps until your used to it.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Nov 15 2008, 00:35)

Actually since I beat GH2 and GH3 using the standard controller, apparently quite fun. I also like when I beat people online and they call me a cheater. That's how you know you're pretty good. I can beat 75% of GH2/3's setlist on expert with it, and I can beat a lot of songs that a lot of people have a hard time with. Anyway it's not for everyone, the difficulty is a bit harder (which I like) and you may get cramps until your used to it.

They call you a cheater because the common factor between a bot and using a gamepad is that both can't hold down frets before the note crosses the bar, hence getting called a cheater.

I see noy joy in using a gamepad to play, I mean it's called Guitar Hero, not Gamepad Hero or something. But hey, that's me, you're going to have to use a guitar-controller in games from now on anyway.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:16 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 14 November 2008 - 06:19 PM.

f*ck!

$299.99 for these drums, but I must have them!

drumrocker.com

Fully-adjustable, compatable with RB and RB2, and possibly GH:WT as well.

But, heres the clincher, but an electronic drum "brain", and you can use it as a real electronic drum kit!

Coming soon!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Nov 14 2008, 17:36)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Nov 15 2008, 00:35)

They call you a cheater because the common factor between a bot and using a gamepad is that both can't hold down frets before the note crosses the bar, hence getting called a cheater.

I see noy joy in using a gamepad to play, I mean it's called Guitar Hero, not Gamepad Hero or something. But hey, that's me, you're going to have to use a guitar-controller in games from now on anyway.

I hear that so much (the its "guitar" hero sh*t) and I really don't care what it's called. A controller is a controller. Also I've been using a guitar since probably like three or four months ago. I found joy in being good at something, I was good at playing Guitar Hero with a controller so I did, also me having no money stopped me from getting one. I play with the guitar now and I like it but I still play with the controller whenever I get a chance.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Nov 15 2008, 02:16)
f*ck!

$299.99 for these drums, but I must have them!

drumrocker.com

Fully-adjustable, compatable with RB and RB2, and possibly GH:WT as well.

But, heres the clincher, but an electronic drum "brain", and you can use it as a real electronic drum kit!

Coming soon!

Yeah, that's simply a low-end electronic drum kit with a 360 controller 'brain.'

From what I've heard everything about the kit is great except for the Cymbals and Kick pedal. The cymbals often don't respond to hits; making them fairly useless, and the Kick Pedal is actually a Hi-Hat pedal, not an actual Bass Drum pedal, so it's more prone to breakdue to constant stomping.

The real interest to most 'hardcore' drum players is that you can hook up any electronic drum kit to the brain, so you can get, y'know, actual working cymbals. tounge.gif

They do technically work with WT too, but not properly, it picks it up as a full 5 piece drum kit (ala the official WT one) but when you hit the Green Cymbal (Which acts as Orange in WT) it also activates Green as well. And of course these drums work with Rock Revolution, but who honestly plays that?

Sadly though they don't ship to Australia. I swear EA wants to screw us over at every possible step.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:18 AM

So Rock Band 2 just came out in the U.K, I'll hopefully be getting it for Christmas (Import).

Also if anyone is looking for someone to play Rock Band (The original until Christmas) with, I'd be happy to play a few songs. I mainly do Expert Guitar but also do Medium Vocals (as long as it's at a respectable time) and rarely Expert Vocals. So just send me a FR. I don't think I got around to playing with the last two people regarding RB (Kajun and Digital Murders I think).

Finally if you haven't noticed the topic has a spangly new title! Thanks to the moderator/admin who did this, this now means you can freely talk about Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Rock Revolution.

GogZ
  • GogZ

blaaaaaaazed

• Members

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:18 PM Edited by GogZ, 24 November 2008 - 07:20 PM.

Rockband over GH anyday in my opinion.

Also i play it a lot and would be up for playing it with anyone here, i play guitar beat the career on expert but also don't bother about playing bass. smile.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

Good and bad news for us Australians.

First the good...The Drum Rocker kit is coming to Australia!

The bad news?.. It's going to cost $500 AUD. And that is just the pre-order discount, the standard price will be $549. They are accepting pre-orders now and asre shipping to customers on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I don't know about you guys, but this has just encouraged me to get off my ass and get a job. tounge.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

Damn, man, I wish I could buy one for you and send it to you, 550 is a bit much.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Now I have to remember that site that lets you ship stuff from America to Australia if you buy through the people.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users