• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

Only worth it for 5 songs especially I'm Not Okay

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

I would of preferred something other than Holy Wars... The Punishment is Due considerign we have it on Rock Band, Killing is my Business... and Business is Good! would have been pretty epic. I find them counting 2112 as 7 seperate songs is a bit cheap for the whole 'Over 90 songs' thing though.

There's a GH comp at my school soon. Guess the game? World Tour. It gets worse, we only get to pick from 4 songs. Livin' on a Prayer, What I've Done, Eye of the Tiger and Dammit. Such terrible choices.

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 10 2010, 21:29)
I would of preferred something other than Holy Wars... The Punishment is Due considerign we have it on Rock Band, Killing is my Business... and Business is Good! would have been pretty epic. I find them counting 2112 as 7 seperate songs is a bit cheap for the whole 'Over 90 songs' thing though.

There's a GH comp at my school soon. Guess the game? World Tour. It gets worse, we only get to pick from 4 songs. Livin' on a Prayer, What I've Done, Eye of the Tiger and Dammit. Such terrible choices.

The 4 easiest songs in the game.

Anyone ever taken part in a GH/RB comp?

Went to a GHIII comp. Won a Third Party (I assume) 'Canadian Club' Guitar in the qualifiers and came fourth in the finals.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

I took part in a Guitar Hero II competion in a nearby electronics store. The song was Possum Kingdom and I got 3rd place. Want to know what I won? A Pixar Cars video game...

The store is thinking of holding up another competion when the new GH game arrives

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Got my own theme music, plays wherever I are.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:54 AM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 10 August 2010 - 11:56 AM.

They really need to make a Pink Floyd Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It would be sex. David Gilmour is a guitar god and since the new Rock Band is gonna have a keyboard, they could really make use of Rick Wright's keyboard solos and sh*t. But I still need to check out Green Day Rock Band. I remember pre-ordering it but never picked it up because I'm still addicted to Red Dead Redemption.

Anyway, the new Guitar Hero's got STP, (technically new) Soundgarden and Tom Petty? That's enough reason to just give it a play through, although having Nickelback, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Slipknot and Linkin Park in there is enough to make me wretch.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:17 PM Edited by Blackadder., 10 August 2010 - 12:19 PM.

QUOTE (Vextroid @ Aug 10 2010, 19:35)
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 10 2010, 21:29)
..4 songs. Livin' on a Prayer, What I've Done, Eye of the Tiger and Dammit. Such terrible choices.

The 4 easiest songs in the game.

I wouldn't say Dammit isn't one of the easiest 4 songs. It's vocals are fairly fast and its drums are murder for your arm. Now, No Sleep 'til Brooklyn, THAT would be the easiest. tounge.gif

I'm pretty sure EA will be re-assessing band specific games too, TB:RB didn't meet financial expectations and GD:RB didn't meet crtical expectations.

Speaking of Rock Band, I hope we get Home Sweet Home in RB3.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

So after a video was recorded of someone scrolling through the setlist at a game convention, revealing over half of the setlist unofficially, Harmonix took it upon themselves to make sure no one was being misled.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Anyone else thinks that Guitar Hero 6 tracks beats the hell outta of Rock Band 3 tracks? Yeah I get that they have a new keyboard and all but do they have to recycle that much tracks?

Saw this interesting blog about which bands deserve their own RB/GH games. You guys should give it a read
http://www.gamespot...._...x;subject;1

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:07 PM Edited by Blackadder., 21 August 2010 - 04:09 PM.

Everyone says RB 3 has tonnes of repeats, but when you break it down, Rock Band 3 actually has over 30 new artists, with GH: WoR having just over 20. It's good that they're taking completely different approaches with their setlists, it's better than having a WT vs RB2 situation again (which shared 14 songs). And if you don't like RB 3's setlist, you have over 1000 downloadable songs to choose from.

And between Green Day: Rock Band and Guitar Hero: Van Halen's critical response, I don't think they'll be hurrying back to band games in a hurry. And how did I know Led Zeppelin would be at the top of that list. dozingoff.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

In Warriors of Rock, the reason 2112 is counted as 7 different songs has something to do with the story. You play a part during boss battles or after a level or something like that.

And I have to agree, I like Zeppelin, but I don't think the majority of their music would be fun to play on these games. There are exceptions, Moby Dick would be awesome on drums (one of the live versions with a 20 minute drum solo, of course). I'd still rather see The Who or RHCP even with the amount of DLC that's out there.

As for the RB3 soundtrack, sure there are repeats, but with the modifications to the guitar, and the addition of the keyboard it'll be a whole new experience.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

Except both Beast and the Harlot and Caught in a Mosh were featured as recently as Guitar Hero: Hits, had double bass charting (which won't be in RB3) and neither have keyboards. I find it a little odd that on the first game to feature keyboard neither Rush or Dream Theater are featured on disc.

And I get that 2112 is split up for storyline purposes, but it still shouldn't be counted as seven seperate songs. I hope they release free DLC at launch that makes it playable as one big song as well.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Aug 21 2010, 11:39)
Anyone else thinks that Guitar Hero 6 tracks beats the hell outta of Rock Band 3 tracks? Yeah I get that they have a new keyboard and all but do they have to recycle that much tracks?

Saw this interesting blog about which bands deserve their own RB/GH games. You guys should give it a read
http://www.gamespot...._...x;subject;1

Yeah, at first I was more hyped for Rockband 3. now, I look at the track lists and I'm much more excited for Warriors of Rock.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 22 2010, 00:07)
And if you don't like RB 3's setlist, you have over 1000 downloadable songs to choose from.

Yeah thats the problem with me, I no longer have Xbox Live.

But you're right though about the new guitar and the new keyboard. Adds a whole new direction of playing music.

Also, just noticed RB3 has The Doors- Break On Through, might just purchased the whole game just for that song!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

Am I correct in assuming that RB3 wont have a bundle with all the instruments, and that if you were to buy them all, separately it will cost an arm and a leg?

I guess I'm just gonna go for the Pro guitar bundle. I guess buying new drums will take a bit longer.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

That new guitar game coming out that actually incorporates six strings and chords into it seems to be a guitar simulator. I'm fine with that, but I think buying an actual guitar and lessons would be cheaper, in the long run.

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

Anyone know how much Green Day RB sold?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sep 10 2010, 14:38)
I guess I'm just gonna go for the Pro guitar bundle. I guess buying new drums will take a bit longer.

The only bundle I've heard about so far is the Keyboard bundle. And yes they have confirmed there will be no Super Bundle.

The Pro Squire guitar/controller hybrid won't be ready until after release though, so you're only option for Pro Guitar upon launch is the $150USD Mustang guitar.

NickRad: It's currently selling for $50AUD new.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Wasn't talking about getting the drums in a bundle. Just the Guitar. I was previously planning on getting new drums with the cymbals.

So today's the day. Anyone play pro yet? I'm waiting until Christmas. I want to have something to look forward to, and I always liked getting Rock Band or Guitar Hero on Christmas morning.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

I haven't got it yet (Australia release date is tomorrow), but don't expect to see many people playing Pro outside of Drums (where all songs retroactively have support) and Keyboard (cause the standard peripheral can do both regular and pro).

And sadly five songs aren't making it through the RB2 export, which are:

AC/DC – Let There Be Rock
Journey – Any Way You Want It
Metallica – Battery
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Give It Away
Soundgarden – Spoonman

The export requires your RB2 manual code, $10, and 1.93gb of storage space.

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

Sorry for bumping this but has anyone downloaded the Guitar Hero WOR Dlc for Ps3? I downloaded some MCR and it has the worst sound quality, it actually sounds better on the worst preview menu

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

It's official everyone, Guitar Hero is dead.

Rock Band is quite literally the rhythm game now.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I was thinking about going and buying the keyboard for RB3. Does anyone have any experience with it?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Apr 16 2011, 09:55)
I was thinking about going and buying the keyboard for RB3. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Yeah, I've got it, and I think it's pretty awesome.

Pro mode can be extremely difficult at times, but it's fun, and it really does translate well to an actual keyboard.

Playing guitar and bass songs can be pretty interesting with the keyboard, and some of the guitar/bass songs are easier on the keyboard and some are more difficult.
You only use 5 keys for guitar/bass and non-pro mode, plus the pitch-bender.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

I'm pretty sure another part of the keyboard has keys that function as GRYBO for 5 lane legacy mode, so it helps a lot when attempting to play faster songs on Guitar/Bass charts.

I've been thinking about getting it, but it's $50 more expensive locally, and if I import it and it breaks I'm pretty much f*cked.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Apr 16 2011, 15:25)
I'm pretty sure another part of the keyboard has keys that function as GRYBO for 5 lane legacy mode, so it helps a lot when attempting to play faster songs on Guitar/Bass charts.

Never even thought to try that.

Sweet.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

I decided against the keyboard because I found the last pro guitar in my city. Gonna see how this works out, hopefully I learn something useful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users