» «
Photo

Official Band Game Chat Topic

355 replies to this topic
Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:24 AM Edited by Blackadder., 13 January 2009 - 01:33 PM.

user posted image

Suprised there isn't already a topic for Rock Band, quality game. If there is I'm sorry, I didn't find any upon searching. So yeah, just discuss the game, looking for a band member post here, or post news related to Rock Band and it's sequel.

Good news for Australians (and New Zealanders), just under a year after the release of Rock Band in the U.S, it's finally hitting our shores November 7th. I've already imported the game but now I'll be able to go buy a drum kit and perhaps a Stratocaster controller.

Also in November Rock Band 2 should be hitting 360's in Europe.

Discuss. smile.gif

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

Guitar Hero : World Tour FTW

No seriously EA have seriously let this one pass. Its been nearly a year and the reason why the finally decided to release it is this:

Oh whats that? Wourld Tour is comming Nov. 12? Ok lets release RB just a few days before hand Woooo!! Cause those Aussies stilll care for RB and not WT Wooo!!!!! Oh and lets relase it at the same time as Gears Of War 2, no Aussies care about that game Wooo!!!!! Also to save time and to make my pile o' money not get smaller just dump the old unsold stock on them Woooo!!!! *dive sin to pool of money*

Nah. Screw it, Getting World Tour. But might pick up RB disc only.

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 26 2008, 19:24)

Discuss. smile.gif

Hmmmmmm

Does that mean we could import rock band 2?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Trows @ Sep 26 2008, 19:39)
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 26 2008, 19:24)

Discuss. smile.gif

Hmmmmmm

Does that mean we could import rock band 2?

Yep. It's what I did for the original Rock Band, and what I plan to do for the second. It wouldn't be a bad idea either to import Rock Band (Solus) now, and get the instruments later, it probably turns out cheaper.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]: I read a p/review for World Tour and to be honest it looks horrible, they really haven't taken full band gameplay into consideration. Instruments look great though.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

Including other instruments killed Guitar Hero IMO. Also, the game looks ugly on the screens, and the music selection is odd. "La Bamba"? Maná? More like Guitar Hero WTF for me!

And also, they should have left Master of Puppets on GH Metallica...

Back on topic, I'm definetelly going to import the RB2 bundle pack. That game kicks some major ass. I loved how they included the drum trainer!

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:35 PM

Rock Band 2 has 'Megadeth - Peace Sells' and 'Metallica - Battery'.

For that single reason I'm probably gonna buy it, oh, and for the new Guns N' Roses song.. confused.gif

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Well I just looked through the GHWT setlist, and there are in fact quite a few songs that are also on RB2.

I'm not sure how many of them are DLC and how many are disc songs, but the point still stands. And let's be honest, RB2's DLC towers over GHWT, and then grinds it to a sh*tty little pile of dust.

Of course, I'm kinda biased, since I own both RB 1 and 2. Though I was planning on getting World Tour, but now that I've actually looked at the setlist, I'll spend the $60 on something better.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 27 2008, 08:38)
Of course, I'm kinda biased, since I own both RB 1 and 2. Though I was planning on getting World Tour, but now that I've actually looked at the setlist, I'll spend the $60 on something better.

I own both Guitar Hero III and Rock Band, and can easily say the latter tops the former. More consistent art design, better interface and it's funner and easier to get into. This is also just Solo play, I am yet to play as even a 2-man band and can't wait.

It pisses me off though when people at school/internet go "Rock Band is sh*t!" or "Rock Band ripped off Guitar Hero!" If anything, Neversoft ripped off Harmonix, not the other way around.

I mean honestly, who wants to share Star Power?

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 26 2008, 21:18)
QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 27 2008, 08:38)

I own both Guitar Hero III and Rock Band, and can easily say the latter tops the former. More consistent art design, better interface and it's funner and easier to get into. This is also just Solo play, I am yet to play as even a 2-man band and can't wait.

It pisses me off though when people at school/internet go "Rock Band is sh*t!" or "Rock Band ripped off Guitar Hero!" If anything, Neversoft ripped off Harmonix, not the other way around.

I mean honestly, who wants to share Star Power?

Exactly. Activision/Neversoft have a formula for game series'. They take a series, take it to the best it can be, then proceed to kill it, a la Tony Hawk.

Only this time, they bought the series when it was already at it's peak, so there's nowhere to go but down.

The things that killed GH3 for me:
  • Half assed storyline
  • Female characters overly sexualized
  • Hammer Ons/Pull Offs retardedly easy
  • Battlemode, who actually plays that gimmicky sh*t?

They took a game that was fun, without a doubt the bees knees of multiplayer games, then mainstreamed it. Put in that storyline that it doesn't need. Made any character with tits show them off like a medal. And dumbed the skill level down so any halfwit with working fingers can master it.

GH2 was where it was at. HO/PO's required a moderate amount of skill (which in turn made you feel like a god after you nailed a hard one), the characters were normal, and there weren't any frills that shouldn't be there.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:34 AM Edited by Blackadder., 27 September 2008 - 05:03 AM.

Not to mention Overcharting, Knights of Cydonia and Through the Fire and Flames being key examples. Paint it Black was terrible on Expert too, you were playing notes that simply weren't there.

They're meant to be fixing most these points for World Tour, but it's a case of too little too late. Now all EA has to do is actually distribute Rock Band worldwide and nothing will stop this train from rolling (All night long).

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:01 AM

Overcharting for the lose, I love it when people play Through the Fire and the Flames on Guitar Hero, then go on like Herman Li is the best guitarist since Jimi Hendrix.

When in reality, he's not that good compared to most guitarists.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:24 AM

I just broke my bass peddle. nervous.gif

Sent for a new one. biggrin.gif

Still haven't played RB2. I'll probably pick it up when I get my replacement peddle. Maybe sooner, and just play guitar. I can't wait to play Pinball Wizard and Let There Be Rock.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 26 2008, 23:34)
Not to mention Overcharting, Knights of Cydonia and Through the Fire and Flames being key examples. Paint it Black was terrible on Expert too, you were playing notes that simply weren't there.

They're meant to be fixing most these points for World Tour, but it's a case of too little too late. Now all EA has to do is actually distribute Rock Band worldwide and nothing will stop this train from rolling (All night long).

I hope you're not talking about the open E string (Green button) between every note in the main/opening riff. Because that IS there when playing on actual guitar.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Sep 27 2008, 20:42)
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 26 2008, 23:34)

I hope you're not talking about the open E string (Green button) between every note in the main/opening riff. Because that IS there when playing on actual guitar.

I played it shortly after I posted and listened carefully and could hear the note. Whoops. That song still isn't safe though, Neversoft charted both guitars for that song, making it the first (and only) song since Guitar Hero II to not be playable in Co-Op.

Now, wasn't this a Rock Band topic? tounge.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:41 AM

I think it should be for both Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Both Games have the exact same game play, and appeal to the same exact people. A topic for both would be a bit asinine.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:55 AM

The only reason I never liked Rock Band is because it isn't fun when you are playing by yourself. I always seem to play better when I have friends over trying to get used to the Rock Band guitar, or they forget to hit the foot pedal. Sure I can try and have fun by myself, but that is like playing with the tits of a girl, there is so much more to play with, but you are to occupied with one thing to notice them.

GH III was Ok in my mind, it was fun, but can we upgrade the graphics, or something? Also, if your going to PC port it, don't make it require a f*cking 8800 GT! It is just 3-D models, which you barely ever see, on stage dancing like an idiot, as you press buttons! Not that graphically demanding, but I know we will never see Rock Band on PC, so maybe that is why GH wins.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Sep 28 2008, 14:55)
GH III was Ok in my mind, it was fun, but can we upgrade the graphics, or something? Also, if your going to PC port it, don't make it require a f*cking 8800 GT! It is just 3-D models, which you barely ever see, on stage dancing like an idiot, as you press buttons! Not that graphically demanding, but I know we will never see Rock Band on PC, so maybe that is why GH wins.

Lower the resolution, I run it at 30-50fps while recording with Fraps on a 6800GS.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:17 AM Edited by Blackadder., 28 September 2008 - 08:20 AM.

You obviously haven't played Spider-Man 3 if you are complaing about GH III's PC specs/graphics.

Mum just bought us a new LCD, and I managed to convince her to sing as I played Guitar. Only problem though was that I forgot to set the lag for the HDTV. Doink!

And the real reason Guitar Hero is more popular is because A) It had a headstart and B) It's multiplying faster than Chinese did 100 years ago! And they want to triple the amount of games by 2010 or something.

I certainly believe this is a prime example of Quality>Quantity.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:49 AM Edited by Blackadder., 13 October 2008 - 02:54 AM.

Thought I'd give this a bump for a couple of reasons.

First, and I'm surprised no one else posted this, AC/DC is coming to Rock Band! Now there was already Let There Be Rock on Rock Band 2, but the whole 'Live at Donington' album will be available for your shredding fingers. It will be out some time around November, the only catch being it's a Walmart exclusive. Australia, New Zealand and Europe will follow with a release date some time in December. You can export your songs to Rock Band/Rock Band 2 via use of a one-time code, and it will cost $40USD.

Oh wiat, there's another catch, AC/DC's likeness will not be featured in the game. Bummer.

Second, World Tour videos are flooding Youtube now, and chart comparisons are being posted. Here's one for Everlong.

Bastards stole the whole 'if you are in Star Power/Overdrive you can still earn more Star Power/Overdrive.'

EDIT: They removed the crappy power-ups in battle mode too, not it's essentially like Pro-Faceoff against the A.I. I might get this game if it gets good reviews.

TommyVercetti.
  • TommyVercetti.

Dipset Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

I'm alittle bit annoyed with the fact the guitar hero is going to have the drums and vocals like Rock Band. Guitar Hero Rock Band. Guitar hero is all about playing the guitar and rock band is having everyone.

But yeah I like the idea that GHWT is having a drumset with the cymbals included. But I'm getting the Rock Band 2 bundle on sunday with the drums mic and guitar. I'm planning on getting the cymbal kit too. The rockband drums can have up to 3 cymbals but I think I only want two for the yellow and green.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (TommyVercetti. @ Oct 13 2008, 11:04)
I'm alittle bit annoyed with the fact the guitar hero is going to have the drums and vocals like Rock Band. Guitar Hero Rock Band. Guitar hero is all about playing the guitar and rock band is having everyone.

As much as I hate Neversoft copying Harmonix, you have to look this at a strategical business plan. Do you

A) Continue the namesake of your game and get thrased by the competition.
or
B) Add a couple of instruments to keep your franchise alive.

Considering this is Activision we are talking about, of course they are going to choose the latter.

I don't think the cymbals come out for the Rock Band 2 drums until November 4th, so you'll have to make do with 4 pads until then. I;d avise getting three cymbals though, because you can only either get a single cymbal or a three pack so you might as well get the three pack, probably funner that way with three.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 12 2008, 21:49)
Thought I'd give this a bump for a couple of reasons.

First, and I'm surprised no one else posted this, AC/DC is coming to Rock Band! Now there was already Let There Be Rock on Rock Band 2, but the whole 'Live at Donington' album will be available for your shredding fingers. It will be out some time around November, the only catch being it's a Walmart exclusive. Australia, New Zealand and Europe will follow with a release date some time in December. You can export your songs to Rock Band/Rock Band 2 via use of a one-time code, and it will cost $40USD.

Oh wiat, there's another catch, AC/DC's likeness will not be featured in the game. Bummer.

Second, World Tour videos are flooding Youtube now, and chart comparisons are being posted. Here's one for Everlong.

Bastards stole the whole 'if you are in Star Power/Overdrive you can still earn more Star Power/Overdrive.'

EDIT: They removed the crappy power-ups in battle mode too, not it's essentially like Pro-Faceoff against the A.I. I might get this game if it gets good reviews.

Whoever is playing GH:WT sucks dick. That's an easy %100 song, and he's missing every over split chord he's given, ESPECIALLY compared to RB2.

Kaiser_AK
  • Kaiser_AK

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

Anyone get a chance to look at Rock Revolution? Konami says their focus was on the drum kit so it should be interesting.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Kaiser_AK @ Oct 21 2008, 04:08)
Anyone get a chance to look at Rock Revolution? Konami says their focus was on the drum kit so it should be interesting.

I'd hope they didn't say that. They did a pretty piss poor job at it.

I mean what idiot in their right mind makes the Bass Pedal note look exactly like the other notes? They also undercharted the crap out of some songs, and their drum kit looks like some sort of Japanese vomit.

Video for those interested, Warning: Contains bad cover of Run to the Hills.

I'd definately recommend getting giving this a miss, the majority of songs are available in Master Tracks form on either Rock Band or Guitar Hero, and the UI is simply terrible.

Do yourself a favour and pick up Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour instead. icon14.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

After what I've seen this looks absolutely awful. With Rock Band and Guitar Hero using original versions of songs, the renditions I've seen here make my ears weep.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

If you think that's bad you should see Detroit Rock City, not only does it sound terrible, but the opening section goes from single notes to three-note chords, as opposed to the more favourable Hammer-On's seen in Rock Band.

Rock Revolution takes the crown from Guitar Hero III for most abused three-note chords. It has them on Medium.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

That was the first video I saw, and yeah, the transition is awful. Don't tell me that was on Medium?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

No, of course not, that was Expert.

Run to the Hills has to have the oddest charting I've ever seen. The opening section for the drums is charted fine, but the rest is undercharted. Guitar is fine for the most part, except the solo which sits somewhere between Rock Band's Hard and Expert charting, and bass is horrendously undercharted. Don't get me started on Voc...oh wait, that's right, there aren't vocals in Rock Revolution.

The bar has been raised Konami, and you've done a terrible job attempting to clear it. Save yourself the humiliation and pull out now.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:06 AM

RR isn't good, but at the least its a start, I can see a LOT of potential if they work on the next one and tell covers to go die.

Kaiser_AK
  • Kaiser_AK

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Oct 21 2008, 08:46)
I'd hope they didn't say that. They did a pretty piss poor job at it.

The Rock Revolution is basically Konami fusing their Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania games together and if you look at the drum kit for Rock Revolution coming out, its basically the same design as the most recent version of Drum Mania.

Heres some guy doing Dr. Feel Good, which I think is better than that other guy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users