Photo

GTA we all know & love?

5 replies to this topic
Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Ok so recently we got some screen shots & details of the new Chinatown Wars games. Many have plans to pick up this title. So my question is, regardless of graffics what are some of the elements that are needed to make this the "GTA WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE" & What would you want to get rid of?

1. I'm happy that this game is going to be free roam like all the rest. Basically play the game with out playing "THE GAME" I really like that about GTA.

2. I love the Taxi driver mini game, that to me is one of my favorite ways to get money.

3. The ability to rob and beat up random people, hoping they may drop some cash.

4. Funny cut scenes.

5. Locating hidden packages. Another reason to enjoy the free roam ability. You get to see the entire city if you dig deep enough.

Things I don't want:

1. Impossible Missions!! Man I hate those missions that make no damn sense how to beat.

2. Drowning...man this is one of the big beefs with LCS, Toni can not swim, but Vic Vance can swim, hopefully Huang Lee is a good swimmer.

3. The locking of islands/boroughs without explaining objectives. I don't think any of the GTA's have that feature. And it sucks because you want to get to the next level, but you don't know what missions you have to beat to get to the other places in the city.

4. No stupid outfits/uniforms!! Save the space for something more important...A Limo Driver outfit? A Jason Varhees mask? The Bruce Lee/ Kill Bill jump suit? I mean c'mon that was a lil to much for me & that space could have been put toward something else. Hopefully Huang Lee will not turn into a dragon.

Thats all I got as far what GTA should be, based on what we have already got.

Besides graffics, what is the GTA you know and love? And do you think Chinatown wars will be close or very different?

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you said, and I'm not really adding my own, but we're in luck when it comes to swimming, because according to this link:
http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/articles/new...eenshots-Emerge (http://grandtheftaut...eenshots-Emerge)
they mention:
To give an example of the many unique opportunities that a DS GTA game offers, we point to a moment in the demo that Nintendo Power got to play when a car was driven off a bridge into the water. The bottom screen showed an image of a car windshield, and the player had to tap the screen enough times to break the glass, and then proceed to swim to safety.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

well in a recent sam houser interview from edge magazine (you can get the link on planetgta.com) he explained that the reason they wanted GTA on the DS was the ability to be more interactive, to take advantage of the touch screen. so expect a lot of that in the game. another thing he said is the game's going to be as mature as other gta games and that Nintendo encouraged them to make the game mature. one thing i'm worried about is the difficulty. with the exception of london 1969 all top down gta's have been hard as hell because it's hard to see where you're going or to aim properly. I've managed to beat GTA and GTA 2 but I gave up on Advance and London 1961. It was hard as hell to navigate shoreside vale in Advance and one of the last missions required me to navigate all over shoreside to kill people in a limited amount of time and i just couldn't do it. So hopefully they figure out a way to make it a little bit easier on the player to complete missions.

i'm disappointed that the game takes place in the GTA IV universe. I didn't really care much for GTA IV's story or characters and I was really hoping that this game took place in either its own universe (like the pre GTA III gta's) or the III universe (like Advance and the PSP GTA's did).

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Sep 24 2008, 21:43)
well in a recent sam houser interview from edge magazine (you can get the link on planetgta.com) he explained that the reason they wanted GTA on the DS was the ability to be more interactive, to take advantage of the touch screen. so expect a lot of that in the game. another thing he said is the game's going to be as mature as other gta games and that Nintendo encouraged them to make the game mature. one thing i'm worried about is the difficulty. with the exception of london 1969 all top down gta's have been hard as hell because it's hard to see where you're going or to aim properly. I've managed to beat GTA and GTA 2 but I gave up on Advance and London 1961. It was hard as hell to navigate shoreside vale in Advance and one of the last missions required me to navigate all over shoreside to kill people in a limited amount of time and i just couldn't do it. So hopefully they figure out a way to make it a little bit easier on the player to complete missions.

i'm disappointed that the game takes place in the GTA IV universe. I didn't really care much for GTA IV's story or characters and I was really hoping that this game took place in either its own universe (like the pre GTA III gta's) or the III universe (like Advance and the PSP GTA's did).

That's the thing though, this isn't top down, it's isometric, and from the screenshots, you can see that you can still see in front of you, so I don't think that will be a problem.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Sep 24 2008, 21:43)
another thing he said is the game's going to be as mature as other gta games and that Nintendo encouraged them to make the game mature.

I think that is a smart move on Nintendo's part. Making the game very mature. DS doesn't have the big reputation of mature games. CW will push them in that direction.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:51 AM

Yeah, Trauma Centre was pretty mature... But...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users