Photo

Flying To The Edge Of The Ocean

50 replies to this topic
G.J.V.
  • G.J.V.

Sprunk Addict

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

I got a little bored just now, so I got in a chopper and flew south. I kept flying south for roughly 10-20 minutes (I had BBC iplayer to keep me entertained) just to see what happened when you reached the absolute limits of the game. I remember from other games that they'd simply stop you from going any further or physically turn you around when you reached the end. This time however, Niko never actually reached 'the edge' because for some reason, his health started to slowly deplete. I died before I ever actually reached the end, but it just made me wonder why R* bothered to put THAT much sea in (there as far more than past GTAs) and then put in a system to deplete your health. Why not just leave it as it was in the past games?

Just wondered what other members here think should happen if you bother to go that far.

Fahel
  • Fahel

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

You, eventually, will go to Vice city ^^

----------------
Now playing: Link in park - over the top (http://www.foxytunes...ck/over the top)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

G.J.V.
  • G.J.V.

Sprunk Addict

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Fahel @ Sep 22 2008, 20:26)

----------------
Now playing: Link in park - over the top (http://www.foxytunes...ck/over the top)

lol. I can't deny that I had wished for something like that.

TrustNSevendust
  • TrustNSevendust

They call me......ButterZ

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

I heard my buddy drove a boat all the way east and he made it to vice city

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (TrustNSevendust @ Sep 22 2008, 18:39)

Your buddy lied.

crazyapu
  • crazyapu

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:28 AM

I wish there was empty woods and caves instead of all that sea sad.gif

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:31 AM

the game turns into pokemon if you make it to the edge! its so totally ownage 1337n355..

suicidal.gif

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (TrustNSevendust @ Sep 22 2008, 23:39)

Your buddy must be an idiot.

GT409
  • GT409

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:25 AM

I once tried flying west, and a message appeared on the bottom of my screen saying "You have reached the edge, turn back now or suffer the consequences." I'm thinking "Oh, really scary." Then my helicopter blows up.
This was online.

RobJohnB95
  • RobJohnB95

John

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (G.J.V. @ Sep 22 2008, 20:21)
I got a little bored just now, so I got in a chopper and flew south. I kept flying south for roughly 10-20 minutes (I had BBC iplayer to keep me entertained) just to see what happened when you reached the absolute limits of the game. I remember from other games that they'd simply stop you from going any further or physically turn you around when you reached the end. This time however, Niko never actually reached 'the edge' because for some reason, his health started to slowly deplete. I died before I ever actually reached the end, but it just made me wonder why R* bothered to put THAT much sea in (there as far more than past GTAs) and then put in a system to deplete your health. Why not just leave it as it was in the past games?

Just wondered what other members here think should happen if you bother to go that far.

should be a secret island

PSN:FERRARI_3
  • PSN:FERRARI_3

MY PIC IS HOME. I WANT IT ON MY PS3. HURRY UP SONY!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

i was hoping that because on san andreas u flew north-east to liberty u could fly south-west to san andreas.
might try that now actually

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

i highly doubt there is san andreas or vice city if u fly far enough, it would be sweet if there was tho. besides u could only get to liberty in SA by flying in a mission... right?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

I remember being in a 6* chase out in the ocean, and I just kept going. I got sick of seeing endless sea, so I blew myself up.

I don't know why they bother having so much ocean. Why couldn't they add other islands or something?

Something like in Scarface where if you travel far enough you get teleported to another part of the ocean where there's a string of islands.

Timpo
  • Timpo

Trash

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

it's not THAT much ocean, it's just the same ocean that gets generated over and over again, with no end.

PSN:FERRARI_3
  • PSN:FERRARI_3

MY PIC IS HOME. I WANT IT ON MY PS3. HURRY UP SONY!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Timpo @ Sep 23 2008, 11:14)
it's not THAT much ocean, it's just the same ocean that gets generated over and over again, with no end.

welcome to the good side clever one

well said mate

BBEW_GTA Pro
  • BBEW_GTA Pro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

I wish it was another island but it was a jungle, with massive trees off road tracks for jeeps and bikes and there were bears you could hunt lol.
I think that a big downside to this game is that, theres no country side you can rally around in like GTA: SA.
Whats your let down in the game?

BoomWorthy
  • BoomWorthy

BOOM

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (BBEW_GTA Pro @ Sep 23 2008, 13:18)
I wish it was another island but it was a jungle, with massive trees off road tracks for jeeps and bikes and there were bears you could hunt lol.
I think that a big downside to this game is that, theres no country side you can rally around in like GTA: SA.
Whats your let down in the game?

Not the right topic...

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Fahel @ Sep 22 2008, 20:26)

----------------

or if you swim east you'll come here to Ireland! you can stop around my house if you wish lol lol.gif

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sep 23 2008, 07:02)
I remember being in a 6* chase out in the ocean, and I just kept going. I got sick of seeing endless sea, so I blew myself up.

I don't know why they bother having so much ocean. Why couldn't they add other islands or something?

Something like in Scarface where if you travel far enough you get teleported to another part of the ocean where there's a string of islands.

I remember having a wanted level and kept on going North. However, my wanted level never went away, no matter how far I went.

Or, in Scarface: TWIY, you're eaten by a shark. tounge.gif If only that could happen in IV.

OT: Maybe the world is flat and you fall over the edge. bored.gif

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Actually there isn't such a large area of sea (why would Rockstar waste all that space?)
I think its scripted to repeat its self over and over, making you feel like its a large area.

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (evilrex @ Sep 23 2008, 17:29)
Actually there isn't such a large area of sea (why would Rockstar waste all that space?)
I think its scripted to repeat its self over and over, making you feel like its a large area.

And whoever created you, made you repeat same things over and over again.Read the whole topic next time, smartass!

sc-yoda
  • sc-yoda

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

lol i was thinking of scarface before i read the posts from the peeps that said it. Scarface was a really cool game.

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (evilrex @ Sep 23 2008, 17:29)

That is probably true but I guess it doesn't actually make much of a difference. What if there is actually an island somewhere if you go far enough. And did it actually take 10-20 minutes?

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (sc-yoda @ Sep 23 2008, 17:39)
lol i was thinking of scarface before i read the posts from the peeps that said it. Scarface was a really cool game.

But, nobody could beat GTA. rahkstar2.gif

mattsgames
  • mattsgames

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:32 PM

Why did someone start losing their health after flying for 20 minutes I wonder if the sea starts eating the ram if you kept flying for a long time

ThaDoggfather
  • ThaDoggfather

I like women

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

Put something hard against the Analog stick and leave your game on overnight. I guarantee its worth trying cool.gif sly.gif cool.gif monocle.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (ThaDoggfather @ Sep 27 2008, 06:14)
Put something hard against the Analog stick and leave your game on overnight. I guarantee its worth trying cool.gif sly.gif cool.gif monocle.gif

Wouldn't this result in another death and the loss of $1000 dollars worth of electricity?

sagemred
  • sagemred

PC.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

[/QUOTE]Put something hard against the Analog stick and leave your game on overnight. I guarantee its worth trying [QUOTE]

yeh and then if there was an island, by the time you wake up you would have passed it dozingoff.gif

G.J.V.
  • G.J.V.

Sprunk Addict

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (ThaDoggfather @ Sep 27 2008, 14:14)

I have to wonder how many people actually even read the first post here before posting for themselves confused.gif

ThaDoggfather
  • ThaDoggfather

I like women

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (sagemred @ Sep 29 2008, 00:28)
[/QUOTE]Put something hard against the Analog stick and leave your game on overnight. I guarantee its worth trying [QUOTE]

yeh and then if there was an island, by the time you wake up you would have passed it dozingoff.gif

Pull a Long Lasting video camera out an let it record through out the whole night

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users