Photo

The First Screenshots

120 replies to this topic
VictorVance2006
  • VictorVance2006

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

http://www.gamekyo.c...st-screens.html (http://www.gamekyo.c...st-screens.html)

I don't really like them myself as i think seeing oncoming traffic will suck, but hey...we'll have to wait and see. The cell shaded looked is pretty awsome for a DS game I must point out. biggrin.gif

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

It would be cool if they had built it off of the LCS engine and made some new animations, but we get another gta2 ripoff.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

dude, it takes a sh*tload of work to code anything for the DS. The game is 3D, so don't even start.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:44 AM

Disappointing. But its no surprise since the game is being develop for the DS.

R* needs to make a new GTA PSP Game.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

Just doesn't look like a true GTA game.

Delta Bishop
  • Delta Bishop

Republican Space Ranger.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:05 AM

http://news.vgchartz...ews.php?id=2059 (http://news.vgchartz...ews.php?id=2059)

Look at the comment section down the bottom, theres about 10 new pics. Looks like its set in IV's rendition of Liberty City!

VictorVance2006
  • VictorVance2006

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

After seeing those other 10 screens, i am highly disapointed. Top down view gives me a headache while driving....it could have been 3rd person with cartton graphics

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (VictorVance2006 @ Sep 20 2008, 03:57)
After seeing those other 10 screens, i am highly disapointed. Top down view gives me a headache while driving....it could have been 3rd person with cartton graphics

ITS NOT TOP DOWN!! Jesus, how many other people are going to say the same thing? Its isometric, that means its taken from another angle, not from behind and not topdown.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

Looks pretty awful. This game should have never been made.

Delta Bishop
  • Delta Bishop

Republican Space Ranger.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

I will most likley buy this game but when im playing I will probably not think of it as part of the GTA series, since it is so much different to others in the series. The car jacking picture is kinda nice icon14.gif

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

I wish people would stop being determined to hate this game but that's the morons of today for you. Just because you don't like the look doesn't mean it's crap. At least play the damn game before you slag it off FFS. And there's some pretty ignorant people in this thread already, ugh.

I personally think it looks really interesting, and much better than I expected (and it's not top-down YAY!) and the camera looks like a more zoomed out version of the 3D GTA camera. Seriously, you can get that viewpoint in GTA IV if you fiddle around with the controls a bit.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

This game looks not really good, i was hoped Rockstar would give that game some better look icon13.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

sorry for double post, there are 12 new screenshots avaible
here: *http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=3857

wow i think its not so bad, the gta iv hud is in biggrin.gif

Art_Vandaley
  • Art_Vandaley

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

I think it looks like it could be a lot fun and different from what we've got before. Just because it's not true 3D doesn't mean it's not going to be a good game.

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

It looks good, but I wouldn't say it will be in the 'Game of the Year', I won't be buying this game instead I will get a ROM and Emulator I bet everyone will do that, my friend Elan will do it... Nintendo don't care there cool like that wink.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

GTA4's LC used instead? f*ck that sh*t, I lost all the interests I had only because they ain't using GTA3's city.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (.:Alex:. @ Sep 20 2008, 10:31)
I wish people would stop being determined to hate this game but that's the morons of today for you. Just because you don't like the look doesn't mean it's crap. At least play the damn game before you slag it off FFS. And there's some pretty ignorant people in this thread already, ugh.

I personally think it looks really interesting, and much better than I expected (and it's not top-down YAY!) and the camera looks like a more zoomed out version of the 3D GTA camera. Seriously, you can get that viewpoint in GTA IV if you fiddle around with the controls a bit.

I completely agree with you Alex. The features in this game alone make it more than worthwhile, and I actually like the look. But of course people will determine if they like it just by the graphics, which is an unfortunate by-product of modern gaming. I remember when graphics didn't matter, and it was all about having fun. To be honest, I can still have more fun playing older games with great gameplay than next gen games that are all about visuals. And it looks like they're going for gameplay over visuals with this one, which is rare these days and I applaud them for it.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

looks good to me. it's like a true isometric sequel to GTA 2, what it might've been like if they hadn't gone 3d. i love that it's gonna be very arcade-like. what a refresher after GTA IV's ultra realism.

Art_Vandaley
  • Art_Vandaley

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

I like the fact that it's isometric and cell-shaded, instead of in grainy and choppy 3D. If you want 3D GTA, you have lots of different options on lots of different platforms. These graphics look pretty cool to me and the feature list is decent (and probably not complete). The only feature I'm hesitant about is "subtle autosteer" which could be annoying.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Sep 20 2008, 11:21)
This game looks not really good, i was hoped Rockstar would give that game some better look icon13.gif

Well, screw you. It's in 3D, which is a challenge, and it includes GTA IV's LC, which is bloody giant even if you trim off some of the edges.
Flesh-n-Bone, they already had the GTA III LC in III and LCS. It's like saying that you were disappointed you didn't get GTA III LC in IV.
Art_Vandaley, define "True 3d". It has three-dimensional graphics and an isometric view.
VictorVance2006, well then you're in luck. It is.
OnePiece, too bad.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Sep 20 2008, 17:16)
QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Sep 20 2008, 11:21)
This game looks not really good, i was hoped Rockstar would give that game some better look  icon13.gif

Well, screw you. It's in 3D, which is a challenge, and it includes GTA IV's LC, which is bloody giant even if you trim off some of the edges.
Flesh-n-Bone, they already had the GTA III LC in III and LCS. It's like saying that you were disappointed you didn't get GTA III LC in IV.
Art_Vandaley, define "True 3d". It has three-dimensional graphics and an isometric view.
VictorVance2006, well then you're in luck. It is.
OnePiece, too bad.

*Partners with qwerty to take down graphic whores*

Dodgy Dan
  • Dodgy Dan

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Personally I think it looks very cool, and quite decent for the DS. Cant wait for it smile.gif

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

Looks fun to me:P

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

Not bad. But I'll need to see more, it look's like there is gonna be some sort of mini game to hotwire a car...

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 20 2008, 17:40)
GTA4's LC used instead? f*ck that sh*t, I lost all the interests I had only because they ain't using GTA3's city.

It's not going to be an exact rendition of it. Look at the screenshots, they probably mean as in road names and landmarks; nothing more. And to be honest, the first two screenshots looked like GTA III locations to me.

What's with the hate, have you played it yet? GTA has never had great graphics (except IV's). I think this could be an interesting and fun take on the GTA formula. In fact, I would be pissed off if it was like the last gen GTAs, as it would be stale and done to death. Like IV, this game looks like it will be a fresh change to the GTA gameplay.

*activates anti-flaming shield*

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Sep 20 2008, 23:46)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 20 2008, 17:40)

It's not going to be an exact rendition of it. Look at the screenshots, they probably mean as in road names and landmarks; nothing more. And to be honest, the first two screenshots looked like GTA III locations to me.

What's with the hate, have you played it yet? GTA has never had great graphics (except IV's). I think this could be an interesting and fun take on the GTA formula. In fact, I would be pissed off if it was like the last gen GTAs, as it would be stale and done to death. Like IV, this game looks like it will be a fresh change to the GTA gameplay.

*activates anti-flaming shield*

I at first thought one of the first two screenshots was the compound in Aspatria from GTA3. And have I played what? GTA4? For sure, I completed the game too, but the game was only borrowed. The only reason I'm disappointed is because I was looking forward to kill me some filthy Leone's.

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 20 2008, 21:53)
The only reason I'm disappointed is because I was looking forward to kill me some filthy Leone's

that's it? thats why ur disapointed in the whole game?

thats cold boney, real cold confused.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 20 2008, 22:53)
And have I played what? GTA4?

No, CW. I tried to put the original quote in a different phrase but couldn't think of a specific word. And paragraph 2 wasn't directed at you, but at the consensus.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

Nobody has. And why do you think I'm going to flame you because you posted something cheeky? I may sound angry in a lot of my posts but I don't flame unless the opposite starts a war or annoys me for too long.

And I don't think I would play the game even then because I don't have a DS and wont get one because of only one game.

Anyways funny to see you changed "colour" to "color" in my post.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 21 2008, 00:09)
Nobody has. And why do you think I'm going to flame you because you posted something cheeky? I may sound angry in a lot of my posts but I don't flame unless the opposite starts a war or annoys me for too long.

And I don't think I would play the game even then because I don't have a DS and wont get one because of only one game.

Anyways funny to see you changed "colour" to "color" in my post.

You mean "colour" to "color" and back again. Yep, you got me tounge2.gif . I deleted the last tag when snipping the quote, and that's how we spell it in the UK, so in my 'homeland' I spelled it correctly.

And I didn't take it offensively; just saying that I didn't want to sound like I was talking to you only; and I know your not one to start fights anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users