Quantcast

» «
Photo

BUYG: Build Up Your Gang IV

2,323 replies to this topic
AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hey aragond, you think you're going to get my reviews up sometime? tounge.gif

Great to see you back man.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Wow, it's been a long time!

I remember when I first joined GTA Forums back in early 2009. BUYG was huge, and we even had a BUYG in the San Andreas boards that was for the GTA III Era gangs.

Then everything started to die down. Personally, I think it was around 2011, or maybe late 2010 at the earliest, did the decline begin.

I'd like to bring things back, but hopefully GTA V will cause a resurgence in interest and activity, as Aragond said.

I wish we could do a BUYG for the GTA III era gangs. That would be sweet. Sadly, if nobody's showing interest in GTA IV, then I doubt they'd join a BUYG for the gangs of III/VC/SA/LCS either.

However, I will do whatever I can to help out.

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Anyone still interested in this?

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Don Giovanni @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 01:38)

I guess this is the end of BUYG, at least until GTA V comes out in September

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Osric @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 14:37)

BUYGV is coming, hopefully going to get the thread up by August so its give people some time to prepare.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 23:48)
QUOTE (Osric @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 14:37)

BUYGV is coming, hopefully going to get the thread up by August so its give people some time to prepare.

I look forward to it

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Alright, ladies and gents, I'd like you all to give a warm welcome our newest BUYG staff memeber, Osric! He's been playing the game for a while now and we, the staff, felt it was time for him to make the leap from member to staff.

Welcome to the game.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by Osric, 09 April 2013 - 01:11 AM.

I had an idea for a Build Up Your Gang spin-off to hold us over until GTA V comes out, one that I think might be successful.

I told AceRay about this, and I will send PM's to Rucke, aragond, and WelcomeToLibertyCity as well.

Essentially, the idea is a BUYG game using real gangs and historical gangs, as well as real weapons and cars.

I want the setting to start out with New York City and parts of New Jersey, although Los Angeles or a nation-wide setting could work too.

The gangs I have in mind so far are as follows...

Italian Gangs
Gambino Family
Genovese Family
Lucchese Family
Colombo Family
Bonnano Family
DeCavalcante Family

Irish Gangs
The Westies

Russian and Eastern European Gangs
The Brothers Circle
Agron Bratva
Rudaj Organization
Velentzas Family

Asian Gangs
Yamaguchi-Gumi
Wah Ching Triads
Hip Sing Tong
Menace of Destruction
Ghost Shadows

Biker Gangs
Hells Angels MC
Pagans MC
Satan's Soldiers MC

Black Gangs
Bloods
Crips
Sex Money Murder
Black Guerilla Family

Hispanic Gangs
Latin Kings
Trinitarios
MS-13
Norte Del Valle Cartel
Netas

White American Gangs
Aryan Brotherhood
Dead Man Incorporated

Middle Eastern Gangs
Israeli Mob

Law Enforcement
New York City Police Department
New Jersey State Police
FBI
ATF
DEA
US Army

If you are interested in a BUYG game with real gangs, PM me.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Osric, this is a great idea and I look forward to taking part. I'm gonna state something however that I hope you take on board.

There are too many gangs, too many choices. What you need to consider is starting out with just one or two per category and adding the rest as activity grows. I appreciate you're trying to represent everyone, but are entities so numerous really needed to represent Eastern European, Italian and Asian organized crime in New York when ultimately, you can place each of them under one umbrella?

Take the Mafia for instance. Whittle down the families to the Colombo's and DeCavalcante's and let people build them up. They're the weakest organizations either side of the river, so it gives great incentive to interact and be active in carving out a piece for your gang in the game rather than walking straight into the Genovese powerhouse, or switching after one story because it ain't working out. Give them sh*tty 80s/90s Buick's and Caddy's, a beat up pizzeria and four chairs at a construction site if they're lucky. Antique 38. Snub's and Luparas. Earn everything you buy.

Organized Crime really is an interesting concept when you apply it to BUYG. It's a great opportunity to expand the old Businesses & Rackets and switch up some of the old assets to Union Bosses and other officials that can be bought off to factor into stories.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 07:13)
Osric, this is a great idea and I look forward to taking part. I'm gonna state something however that I hope you take on board.

There are too many gangs, too many choices. What you need to consider is starting out with just one or two per category and adding the rest as activity grows. I appreciate you're trying to represent everyone, but are entities so numerous really needed to represent Eastern European, Italian and Asian organized crime in New York when ultimately, you can place each of them under one umbrella?

Take the Mafia for instance. Whittle down the families to the Colombo's and DeCavalcante's and let people build them up. They're the weakest organizations either side of the river, so it gives great incentive to interact and be active in carving out a piece for your gang in the game rather than walking straight into the Genovese powerhouse, or switching after one story because it ain't working out. Give them sh*tty 80s/90s Buick's and Caddy's, a beat up pizzeria and four chairs at a construction site if they're lucky. Antique 38. Snub's and Luparas. Earn everything you buy.

Organized Crime really is an interesting concept when you apply it to BUYG. It's a great opportunity to expand the old Businesses & Rackets and switch up some of the old assets to Union Bosses and other officials that can be bought off to factor into stories.

Ah, true. Never thought of it like that. You are right, there are too many choices starting out, so we'll streamline it and add more gangs as more people join. Here's my take on it, one gang from each category.

Here is the new list.

DeCavalcante Family (Italian)
The Westies (Irish)
Agron Bratva (Eastern European)
Yamaguchi-Gumi (Asian)
Hells Angels MC (Biker)
Bloods (African-American)
MS-13 (Hispanic)
Aryan Brotherhood (White American)
Israeli Mob (Middle Eastern)
NYPD (Law Enforcement)

Every gang starts out with a melee weapon or two, and perhaps a basic pistol, as well as a cheap car that best fits the gang (old Cadillac or 80's-era Buick for the Mafia, Honda Shadow for the Bikers, Ford Pickup Truck for the Aryans, SUV for the Bloods, etc.)

The exception is the NYPD, who start out with a police baton, taser, and a Glock 17 for their weapons and a Ford Crown Victoria Cruiser for their vehicle.

Dr-Mayhem111
  • Dr-Mayhem111

4th Generation Corsino Capo Crimini

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

Put me with the Lupisella Family, Angels of Death MC, and the Spanish Lords.

Also shouldn't the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (N3D) be added to teh list?

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Dr-Mayhem111 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:40)
Put me with the Lupisella Family, Angels of Death MC, and the Spanish Lords.

Also shouldn't the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (N3D) be added to teh list?

Spanish Lords are practically the same thing and they'd be too similar. Plus its way too late for this to get a revive now of all times to add them.

Normally, I'd tell you to write a story first, but screw it, this isn't the most active thread so here you go, although its mostly blank because you haven't written a story yet! You'll also need to specify your property for each crew too when you write the story, so I look forward to that.
Dr-Mayhem111
GangThe Lupisella FamilyAnges of DeathSpanish LordsTotal
DetailsStory Count: -
Active Property: ---
Money Earned: $---
Money Spent: $0
Last Post: -
Story Count: -
Money Earned: $-
Money Spent: $0
Last Post: ---
Story Count:
Money Earned: --
Money Spent: $--
Last Post: ---
Money: $-
Stories: -
Weapons---------
VehiclesPMP 600HellfuryPrimo

-AceRay

Dr-Mayhem111
  • Dr-Mayhem111

4th Generation Corsino Capo Crimini

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by Dr-Mayhem111, 25 May 2013 - 10:26 AM.

Lupisella Family | Whiskers Club | Chapter I: Family Crisis

Watching the scene of a crime which occurred just moments ago, I feel as if I was being bring targeted right at this moment. With the situation I've put my family in, it would be a favor if someone would have just ended my life with a single bullet to my heart. My right-hand man and best friend, Sal Almonti, was the most loyal person you'd ever meet and would also be there for a friend no matter what. After a terrible disagreement with the Messina Family last night, things got real complicated real quick. The club had a lot of customers and the place was bumping, good times. Me and Sal were talking to all the Captain's about our next move, Sal suggested we hit the Pillows Club in Dukes in hopes that the Messina's acknowledge our "Payback Policy", you hit us we hit you as simple as that. We all came to agreement and discussed the weapons being used, since my connections haven't been as reliable as before, we're stuck with simple weapons such as pistols, pump shotguns, and micro SMGs.....like I said, simple weapons. We're almost ready for the attack but one of the Captain's, Richard "Bats" DeSalvo, asked "What about transportation? We can't exactly look intimidating taking a taxi over there." Him and his wise-ass remarks. We agreed on six shooters and two driver so I guess two Oracle's was good.

Finally the meeting was dismissed and we had our plan of attacking just waiting for effect. Sal gets a phone from his wife telling him to get home for dinner, we couldn't help but laugh but we were nice enough to keep the laughter discreet. Sal announces his leave and I tell him to remember, tomorrow we attack. He nods and makes his way to the exit and on to his car parked around the corner but was interrupted by a Schafter that pulled up beside him. Sal, completely clueless of what's happening, stares unto the car to see if he can identify the driver but the windows were heavily tinted. The windows roll down and a hail storm of bullets strike Sal nonstop until their clips were emptied, Sal falls to the ground covered in blood. I run out to him and I notice he's still breathing just barely and I get down and hold him on my arms and he gives a look I've never seen before, the look of fear, he grabs my hand and tells me, "Don't let this family down, it's all we have in this world." I nod yes as tears are running down my face. I feel his grip getting weaker and weaker and then, he let go. Sal Almonti, my best friend since we were six years old, dies in my arms and I swore to him that I would avenge him and lead this family right, and I will.

Here I am broken and angered standing my the office window staring at the distance holding a mixed drink of rum and coke and thinking deeply about what I'm going to do. Whoever did this will pay and I will find out who no matter how long it takes, it's time to take action in honor of Salvatore Samuele Almonti, Underboss of the Lupisella Family. No one will get in our way.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Anybody up for Build Up Your Gang V?

I'm thinking of the following gangs for play.

Ballas

Grove Street Families

Los Santos Vagos

Varrios Los Aztecas

Lost MC

Madrazo Cartel

Merryweather

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users