2,323 replies to this topic
jacktheripper554
  • jacktheripper554

jacktheripper554

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Pegorino Family, Pegorino Mansion.

My dead wife.
Sleeping, in my cosy bed. I hear gun shots, close to me very close, I wake up and my wife is dead, a bullet straight through the brain. I get up, reach to my phone and call my gang members. they arrive within minutes, all 10 of them. 5 cars of them. I go to my garage, and pick up my pistol, hop in my car and lead the way with my gang i tell two cars go to the the two exit points from alderney, the rest of the gang drive around alderney,one of my members find someone suspicious, sitting on the top of burger shot in westdyke with a snipers rifle in one hand, I rush over there avoiding traffic. my member holds him down, dangles him over the edge of the building, and I scream in his face as he is trembelling with fear. I put a bullet through his brain. looking back now I can't remember exactly who he was and what he looked like, but all I remember is, he was russian and had a bad temper. wink.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:31 PM Edited by StoneHead37, 02 August 2011 - 01:35 PM.

Disregard this post.

Rush.
  • Rush.

August SSotM Competitor

• Members

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

Pegorino Family
Drusilla's, Algonquin

Chapter 1

A nervous panic swept over me as I took a seat. Everybody at the table was staring at me as if I had just killed a man. I was not sure why they were all frightened by my presence, but I had a theory. The cause of the dead silence in the restaurant had something to do with me being the son of the boss of the Pegorino crime family, James Pegorino. If anything, I am not like my father. Some say he is terrifying and others say he is fierce. I say that he is a disturbed man with a license to kill. Ever since the downfall of the Pegorino family, his normal state is full of anger and resentment. Despite the multiple occassions when I lectured him on keeping calm, he still has bears a solemn look on life and a sudden hatred for just about everybody. The waiter came to our table with a dozen tequila shots all lined up in a circle on the round tray. He gently placed the tray in the center of the table. The guys rubbed their hands and slugged down their drinks. It was a carnivorous sight, but I guess that is what these gangster-types do. There was one full shot glass remaining. I was tempted to dash over to it and suck it down like a cannibal, but that was not my nature. Ray Boccino, the caporegime of the Pegorino's, grabbed the last shot glass. I thought for sure that he would chug it down, but it turns out he didn't. He stood up and walked over to me. He stuck his hand out, offering me the drink. I did not know what to do. Should I take it or not? "Come on, kid," Ray said to me as swished the tequila around in the glass. "Drink it."

I stumbled with my words, but I managed to say, "Okay." I carefully pulled the glass out of Ray's hand and into mine. The guys were amped up now as they chanted, "Do it! Do it!" as the bang their fists onto the table. I guess I had to drink it. I raised the glass to my lips and I got a hint of the taste. The tasted seemed flavorful so I poured the drink down my gullet. Ray and the guys shouted, "Hooray!" as I set the glass onto the table. I put on a fake smile to show my appreciation. Then, the dead silence returned to the room as my father stormed into the main dining room.

"Where the f*ck is my son?!" he shouted. Other patrons looked at him with confused eyes. They are lucky that they weren't caught by my father or he'd have their guts hung from a tree branch. Ray glanced at me, then back at my father.

"He's right here," Ray pointed out as he extended his index finger at the top of my skull. My father stared at with fierce and piercing eyes. Once more, I felt panicked as my skin went pale. My father walked over and whispered to me, "Follow me." I did as instructed and followed my father down a flight of shabby stairs into the basement. Inside of the musty basement were to buff guys who were about my age. One was wearing a magenta t-shirt with an open brown jacket over it. He had denim jeans on that looked like they could use a good scrubbing along with his grimey white tennis shoes. The other one was really drabby. He was wearing a filthy open blue shirt with a wifebeater on beneath it. I am glad I do not have the same fashion designer as they do. My father slapped blue shirt in the back of the head. "This is Marco." He walked over to brown jacket and slapped him in the back of the head as well. "This is Pete. These are your new partners. Marco, Pete, this is my son, Tommy."

"How ya doin'?" Marco asked as he gave a big cheesy grin. "Nice to meet'chu Tommy," Pete greeted. These two seemed like two real airheaded buffoons. It was one thing that they were in the family, but they were my partners too? This is going to be one terrible partnership.

Mascaron
  • Mascaron

Wow, a genuine Colt!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:35 AM Edited by Mascaron, 23 August 2011 - 01:19 PM.

I recently started playing GTA IV again after a long hiatus, and after stumbling across this I thought I’d give it a go.

Perestroika, Hove Beach
user posted image
Chapter 1: I Shot You Down

Russian and not Russian. American and not American. The two identities slipped past each other and through each other, never merging but always entangled, like his two mother tongues. The wrong words jutted up so often, jagged and ugly, slicing through conversations. Кровь instead of blood, food instead of пища. Others switched between the languages on a whim, melding them into some semblance of coherence, but he might as well have tried to mix oil and water. No one in Hove Beach gave a damn about the English, but average Americans found these intruding Russian words funny, or strange, or annoying.

Sometimes he thought everyone in the neighbourhood must have that same sense of straddling two worlds. Or maybe not. Most seemed content to live in their little enclave, with Cyrillic scrawled on every available surface, the trains rumbling overhead, and the beach sloping down to a foreign, familiar sea. He thought too much, or so everyone said. Privately, he had no doubt life would be simpler if he thought with his fists and submerged his brain in alcohol. That idea seemed increasingly attractive as he got older.
A sudden, sharp prod made Kostya jump. Pavel glared at him, and whispered “Fifteen minutes.” Philosophising, he decided, was a bad idea when you were in a getaway car. He fumbled for his pistol, found the reassurance of cold metal, and then leant forward. “Huh?”
“You coming?” Pavel was absently turning his own pistol over and over in his hands.
“Why? Everything’s quiet.”
“He should be back. Something’s not right.”

Pavel got out of the Rebla before Kostya could protest, and made for the alleyway. Swearing softly under his breath, Kostya scrambled out too, and followed him into the shadows, holding the pistol tightly. His right hand rested above the trigger guard, and he resisted the compulsion to slip his finger onto the trigger. Would this be the first time he fired a gun in anger? Would all those paper targets, bottles, cans, and birds count for anything in a narrow alley, up close and personal?

He’d had a stealthy smoke out here near Perestroika more times than he cared to remember, but tonight the alley seemed somehow longer and narrower, and smelt worse than ever. As they edged their way closer to the corner, Kostya heard footsteps, just perceptible over the sounds of passing cars. He ducked down behind an overflowing dumpster at the same time as Pavel. The footsteps seemed to round the corner, uncomfortably close, and stopped. The smell of garbage was so strong that it hung like an invisible mist in the air, filling his throat. Fighting the urge to retch, he froze, trying not to breathe. Pavel inclined his head, holding up his hand, and tapped a finger against the air three times. On three, they both stood up, shoulder to shoulder, fingers on their triggers.

They found two bigger guns pointing back at them, only feet away across the dumpster. Shotguns.
“Bang bang. You’re dead, boy.” The two shotguns were slowly lowered.
Through the darkness, Kostya saw three familiar faces, smirking.
Pavel almost dropped his gun. “Vladimir…”
Vlad came forward with the others and patted Pavel on the shoulder. “You too, Pashka. Right in the forehead. Blood everywhere. ”
Maksim, reeking of stale sweat, smoke, and alcohol, leant towards Kostya “Kostka?”
“Yeah?” Even in the cool night air, he felt beads of sweat standing out on his skin.
Maksim made a great show of shifting his grip on his shotgun. "Watch where you point that.”
Kostya glanced down, and saw he was still holding the gun out, although his arm hardly seemed to belong to him. He lowered it, with some effort. He tried to laugh, but it died in the back of his throat at a look from Vlad, and a glimpse of drying blood on the butt of Yuri’s shotgun.
Pavel sighed heavily, tucking his pistol away somewhere in his vast jacket. “How…?”
Vlad wagged his finger theatrically. “A little bird.”
Steeling himself, Kostya started to ask “Where…?”
“Don’t worry, my friend, he’s fine, and so is that dealer. Maybe not so fine in the morning, but…” – Vlad pulled out a small packet of white powder from his pocket with a flourish – “no matter. Now this, this does. You did not tell us about the deal, so this is stolen property. Since we are in Mr Faustin’s backyard, I think you are all either idiots, or suicidal. Maybe both, who knows?”
Pavel’s face was impassive, but Kostya saw his hand was groping for his gun. “It was for us. Me and Lev. Kostya was tagging along”.
“Well, junkies or not, next time you play at being entrepreneurs, Maksim and Yuri here will ... uh, drop by.” Vlad patted Pavel on the shoulder again, and idly pulled a cigarette from his pocket. The flame from his lighter set all their shadows flickering across the alley. Inhaling deeply, he blew out a billowing cloud of smoke, which drifted slowly into their faces. Sparks flashed briefly in the dimness when he stubbed it out on the dumpster. He flicked it in, and waved his hand impatiently at them. “Now f*ck off.” They did.

It took all of five minutes to find out Lev had had it worse than some secondary smoke. When they got to the hospital, the cleaners were hard at work scrubbing away the bloody smear from where he’d been so considerately dumped.

One look at Lev made it obvious that their visit was lost on him. In between ragged breaths he groaned, squinting at the ceiling, now and then mumbling indistinctly through shards of teeth. No surgery necessary, apparently. Kostya hoped he never got whacked in the face with a shotgun, because it didn’t look pretty, and Lev sure wasn’t going to with his nose at that angle. More than anything he was relieved he wasn’t lying in the next bed down. Everyone knew Faustin would have you killed for breathing funny. Lev’s idea had been spectacularly stupid, the kind of stupid that ended with you lying in an alleyway with a bullet in your brain and your blood trickling into the gutter. Lucky for them that Vlad had just had his fix or something, or was drunk, or maybe sober.

Pavel paced up and down beside the hospital bed, muttering “…kill him. Dog. Coward.”
Kostya wondered how many people wanted Vlad to drop dead. Half of Hove Beach hated his guts, although they wouldn’t dare to tell him to his face for fear of getting theirs smashed in.
Waiting for a gap in the flow of insults, Kostya straightened up from his slouch against the wall and interjected “Are you?”
Shutting up and folding his arms, Pavel attempted a smile, which only made him look like he was in pain himself. “Am I what?”
“Going to kill him?” As one of the many frayed loose threads hanging from the rest of the Bratva, no one would think twice about taking care of Pavel if he screwed up again, and killing Vlad would be a pretty big screw up.
“Let’s.“ They’d all fantasised about it over a drink, although never too loudly. This time Pavel was serious, or serious for as long as the adrenaline kept pumping.
“Let’s not.” Nothing would give him more pleasure, but the cops would be the least of their worries if they did. Assuming they got anywhere near him.
“Look at him.” Kostya did. Lev’s eyes were closed, and the bruises apiece were coming on nicely over them. Bar the occasional racking cough he’d quietened down.
“I am. Poor Lyova. But touch a hair on Vlad’s head, and guess what? You’d wake up dead.”
“What hair?” Pavel slumped down on the rickety chair beside Lev’s bed.
He gave up. Pavel would cool down soon, and for all his bravado he wouldn’t try anything on his own. “Ah, f*ck you, dumbass.”
Kostya looked out at the drizzle and pulled up the collar of his jacket, absentmindedly brushing some miscellaneous slime off the sleeve. His clothes had a lingering whiff of alleyway about them. Turning to go, he paused, and punched Pavel lightly on the arm “Just keep your head down, okay?” Pavel kept his eyes on Lev, ignoring him.
When he reached the door, Kostya called back down the corridor to him, without turning round. “And don’t be an idiot, Pasha.”

Pavel didn't have the chance to do anything stupid. Someone else gave them what they wanted. Officially Vlad was listed as missing, but everyone knew what had happened to him was some Balkan upstart he’d pissed off, who was pretty handy with a gun, and who proceeded to work his way through Lenny Petrovic, Faustin, and Rascalov, whose machinations finally failed him. It was times like this that made you glad you were too insignificant to even waste a bullet on, let alone have a hit put out on you. In the ensuing chaos they tried to keep out of the way of all the power struggles and backstabbing. Now that the Bratva seemed to have come out the other side Kostya was starting to get an itchy trigger finger despite himself. He tried to forget the dank alley, and the shotguns, and how his hands had shaken. If he couldn’t do this, he had nothing.

Albokid555
  • Albokid555

Awww Sheet Trash can bitch

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Hi I'd like to sign up for the Albaninan mob under the Grocery store in Bohan

Prologue

"EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS UP" yelled a man with a ski mask on and a pump action shotgun. 2 other men had ski masks on and pistols.
"Give us the all the money you pr*ck." I hesitated. I took a quick glance at my pistol sitting below me next to
a box with some ammo. I thought for a moment. "Give us the money or we WILL blow your brains out and everybody elses in this shop"
They were getting impatient. "Ok, calm down," I said trying to be as calm as possible, I wasnt going to let these
guys rob this place. "Dont tell me to calm down asshole." I slowly moved my hand towards the cash register and nodded
slowly to the idiot holding me at gun point. I pushed the button for the cash register to open and as soon as I heard
the "click" noise I quickly lashed out my pistol and knocked the shotty out his hands, an amateur I see, and pistol whipped
him, Shot his idiot friend in the head as his brain splattered on aisle 1 and the other guy sh*t his pants and ran.
My name is Ariton Ame, and I do not mess around.

Chapter 1

The police were alerted. They asked me a bunch of questions and wanted to get some ID's. They were able to id the guy who
was knocked out on the floor, Mike Grant,some petty thief trying to make a name for himself. The second guy couldnt
be identified because his face was screwed up but they found his id in his coat pocket. Who carries an Id on a robbery?
I told the cop about the third guy who ran. Police were searching for him. I didnt get charged for killing the poor bastard
they agreed that it was self defense. Lets see if anyone wants to rob this place again.It was around 9 pm and closing time
was nearing. I grabbed a broom and started sweeping as Blerim walked through the door. "Ariton, you alright man?"
He obviously heard about what happened. "Yeah man it was no sweat" I replied. Blerim looked on the counter and saw
the shotgun "Mike Grant" was holding me up with. "Nice piece you got there," "Yeah that idiot was well armed" I said
I was done sweeping, and hung up the broom and got my Red hoodie on. "Aidje lets go." I said and rushed Blerim out.
I gazed into the night sky. The air was crisp and smelled fresh which was rare in Bohan. I then remembered my pistol.
I have to admit I was feeling a bit paranoid after todays incident so I ran inside and got my pistol and put it in my back pocket
of my jeans. "I live in Bohan, walking without a pistol is like suicide."I said to myself. Blerim wanted to drive so we took his car
a black futo. As soon as we stepped foot ito the vehicle, we got a call from Arjan, the guy who looks over the platypus,
yelling to come quick. Blerim stepped on the gas to Broker. "What do you think is happening?" I asked. Blerim replied
"I dont know man, sh*t." He increased the speed. I was suprised this sh*tty car could even go this fast. Not a word was
shared between Blerim and I. I had this strange feeling, so I cocked my pistol and waited.

As we finally arrived to the platypus we heard gunshots and saw some Russians shooting the platypus. I got out of the car
and so did Blerim. I went up behind this russian and snapped his neck. Then shot one in his stomach and he fell
to the grounf clutching his stomach. I saw Arjan and some other workers fighting back. Blerim shot a russian and then they finally caught us and
turned the fight around. I took cover behind a flatbed truck and Blerim took cover behind his futo. The russians not giving
up Were guns blazing with uzi's and pistols. Some went down as Arjan and his men picked them off.There were still
a few left. I got into the cab of the truck and went out the door shot Two russians in the head and Blerim finished the last one
"Piatch!" Yelled Arjan in anger. "Screw you russian Bitches!" "calm down man." Yelled Blerim to Arjan. I looked over my shoulder
and found the russian who I shot in the stomach. He was alive, living on a thread. "Hey, look what I found!"
I grabbed the russian as if he were a dog. Arjan spit on him. "Screw you man." groaned the russian.
"what the hell was the shoot out for, huh?" I asked the russian. He hesitated. "Talk you bitch!" Arjan yelled with anger
He still didnt talk. I kicked him the stomach. He groaned. "Ok" he whimpered. "We... We wanted to steal the shipment
that was coming in." The russian let out a sigh and was dead. Arjan was confused. " They shot up this place, killed a couple guys
for grocery food? Either he was lieing, or they were misunderstood on the shipment."
"They probobaly though it was drugs or something" I said.
"whatever man, let just dump these bodies in the
water or something, I need to go home and relax." Said Blerim. I looked over the scene, dead bodies, blood everywhere.
I told Arjan that I was going home. I needed a rest.

I went home to my apartment. Its a small place, pretty crappy, but considered a penthouse compared to my one before.
The rent is due next week and I still dont have enough money. Times are tough. Before I went
to bed, I thought, I seriously need more money. I shut off the dim lamp light and fell into a deep sleep.

Chapter 1 part 2 coming soon.

Mascaron
  • Mascaron

Wow, a genuine Colt!

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:54 PM Edited by Mascaron, 23 August 2011 - 01:22 PM.

I was incredibly bored this evening, so here’s a list of the stories that haven’t been reviewed yet: Props to AceRay, who’s more or less been keeping this thread alive singlehanded. icon14.gif

EDIT: added the missing ones

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:27 AM Edited by AceRay, 18 August 2011 - 08:04 AM.

QUOTE (Mascaron @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 22:54)
I was incredibly bored this evening, so here’s a list of the stories that haven’t been reviewed yet.

Thats incredibly helpful, thank you. That should hopefully make stuff easier for Aragond and the staff for when the ratings (finally) get here some time.
You've missed my second Albanian chapter and the mighty Kubelgob's first chapter, seen at the bottom of this post

QUOTE (Mascaron)
Props to AceRay, who’s more or less been keeping this thread alive singlehanded.  icon14.gif

cheers for that, nice to know someone's reading. I sense this thread growing popularity. cool.gif
Gonna post my second Law chapter soon, stay tuned! Also, does a throwing knife count as a knife or a different weapon? either way I'd like to buy a knife for Pavanos please.

btw, here are some stats for my writer's card:
Albanian Mob
Story Count: 3
Active Property: Platypus
Money Earned: $35
Money Spent: $0
Last Post: Apr 25 2011
Vehicles: Hakumai, Futo, Sabre
Weapons: Knife, Pistol, Uzi

Pavano Family
Story Count: 5
Active Property: Marco's Beer and Tobacco
Money Earned: $0
Money Spent: $25
Last Post: Jul 24 2011
Vehicles: Sentinel
Weapons: Knife, Pistol

The Law
Story Count: 1
Active Property: Police Station(s)
Money Earned: $0
Money Spent: $0
Last Post: Jul 4 2011
Vehicles: Police Cruiser
Weapons: none.

Mascaron
  • Mascaron

Wow, a genuine Colt!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Aug 16 2011, 06:27)
Thats incredibly helpful, thank you. That should hopefully make stuff easier for Aragond and the staff for when the ratings (finally) get here some time.

I'm not sure whether to post anything else until the backlog has been cleared. I feel like I should maybe pm one of the staff, but I don’t want to pester them. confused.gif

You've missed my second Albanian chapter and the mighty Kubelgob's first chapter, seen at the bottom of this post

So I did. Thanks, edited it. smile.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Mascaron @ Tuesday, Aug 16 2011, 15:32)

I'm not sure whether to post anything else until the backlog has been cleared. I feel like I should maybe pm one of the staff, but I don’t want to pester them. confused.gif

I say just keep posting, it's fun and it keeps it on the main page, which is good.
I PMed Aragond about 3 months ago, and what he (basically) said is that he has been meaning to do it but he's been really busy at work which has been eating up his time. I'm going to assume he's scrounged up a little bit of time and has made a start on the reviews or something. But I'm willing to bet that we'll see reviews by the end of the year at the latest.

It sucks because he's really good at reviewing these things, I mean, go back to about page 80. He's really in depth with details and such.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Mascaron @ Tuesday, Aug 16 2011, 08:54)
I was incredibly bored this evening, so here’s a list of the stories that haven’t been reviewed yet: Props to AceRay, who’s more or less been keeping this thread alive singlehanded.  icon14.gif

EDIT: added the missing ones

LEGEND!
HA! I knew if I waited long enough, I'd find a new Aragond come along. (I'm SURE I have done a more recent one than that, but... *sigh* maybe not.)

Mascaron, consider yourself adopted as my acolyte.
BWAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Ratings will follow.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

I had an idea to keep activity going and reach a wider audience.

We could move BUYG to the GTA Series Chat and get fans of both IV and the old games back into BUYG as well as new people in general.

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:29 AM Edited by Don Giovanni, 07 September 2011 - 02:28 AM.

I think I will finally get into this, and I will probably write for the Triads for my first story.

EDIT-Here it is, first story, first time I ever really wrote creatively, so keep that in mind...

It's not much, but eh, it's better than nothing.

Triads

Chapter 1: In The Beginning

The bus kept winding down the traffic-packed streets of Downtown Algonquin, and as I sat by the window of the Foxhound Bus, the grinding and obnoxious cacophony surrounded me. It had been a long trip from my old home in Weston Creek, a small town that was dying and rotting away.

But none of that mattered anymore. Soon, I would be in Liberty City, and I could forget about the rusted hellhole upstate. I never expected great wealth or fame, I just wanted to make a living and hopefully do well.

Twenty-three years old, and lined up with a job at a warehouse in Algonquin. It's not perfect, but it's better than sitting around like a bum, surrounded by abandoned steel mills and meth dealers.

Finally, after what seemed to be an eternity, I made it to my apartment in Chinatown. An Asian-American living in Chinatown? Cliched and trite, I know, but eh, the rent was cheaper there.

The apartment was small and sparse, but was good enough for the time being. The walls were a dull blue, almost gray, and the carpet light green, like mint but not quite. There was a small black futon mattress in the living room, across from a TV standing on a crate, and a wooden spool as a table.

I unpacked my suitcase and backpack, which was just some clothes, a laptop, a pillow and blanket, and some basic toiletries. Laying down on the futon, I sighed in relief, the mattress was soft and cozy, and I think I could get used to living here for now.

Before getting too comfortable, my cell phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Are you Christopher Zhou of Weston Creek, New York?"

"Yes. Is this about the warehouse job?"

"Indeed, it is. Mr. Zhou, make sure to meet us tomorrow at 10:00 AM for your first day. Our supervisor could use some fresh hands for some speciality work."

"I will be there. Pleasure speaking with you."

"Thank you. Bye."

Sinking into the pillow and futon, my eyes grew heavier and my body felt softer and more disjointed. Soon, I was asleep.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Osric @ Sunday, Sep 4 2011, 19:37)
I had an idea to keep activity going and reach a wider audience.

We could move BUYG to the GTA Series Chat and get fans of both IV and the old games back into BUYG as well as new people in general.

I really don't think that would do anything, I'd say GTA general is just as, if not, more docile than here.
Plus, Aragond is going to catch up soon, and then everything will go back to normal. Monthly reviews. Ah, imagine how good that would be.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

@AceRay

I haven't checked the GTA Series board in a long time, and having just checked, you're right.

If we had the support for a III-era BUYG(Which we don't, as far as I know), then it could go there. Oh well, best get back into writing.

I'll probably reboot my Ancelotti Stories or maybe write for the Irish Mob.

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

After reading through the rules, I think I'll write for another gang. I can't think of anything good for my Triad stories, and it shows. Rate my Triad story, but for now, I'm going to think of a gang to join. Not sure if I should join one of the Italian families, the Lost, or the Hillside Posse.

vernaaguilar
  • vernaaguilar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Don Giovanni @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 17:45)
After reading through the rules, I think I'll write for another gang. I can't think of anything good for my Triad stories, and it shows.user posted image Rate my Triad story, but for now, I'm going to think of a gang to join. Not sure if I should join one of the Italian families, the Lost, or the Hillside Posse.

good luck then..

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:35 PM Edited by Don Giovanni, 01 October 2011 - 08:51 PM.

Time to put some life back into this. I've decided on a gang to write for and actually get involved with.

The Law, or more specifically, U.L. Paper.

The Law

Chapter I

The flourescent lights buzzed overhead of me as I sat in the uncomfortable bench outside Mr. Fortune's office. United Liberty Paper was now our new base of operations in the Northeast, and I was the newest member of this operation, recruited straight out of the Army following the end of my contract.

I looked over my outfit, made sure everything looked neat, as to make a good impression. I couldn't make Mr. Fortune think I was some slob who served his country for some lousy paycheck. That wouldn't fly here.

Out walked a brunette, probably in her late 20's or early 30's, and she was fairly good-looking, but I knew she worked with Mr. Fortune as an informant. Her name was Karen, I believe.

She called my name...

"Matthew Grey, Mr. Fortune would like to speak with you."

Now it was show time. I stood up, dusted off my jacket, and entered the office. At the polished wooden desk sat an older man with glasses and a tie. This was Edward T. Fortune, Regional Director of the National Security Agency for the Northeastern United States. He was my superior and my newest boss.

"So, Corporal Grey, you worked for the Army on a six-year contract, correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"And it says your unit was part of INSCOM? Is that correct?"

"Yes, that is correct, sir."

"You do know that your unit sent security and intelligence information to INSCOM and the NSA, right?"

"Yes, I am aware. I was one of the minor intelligence security operators at Fort Fragg."

"Good, just making sure you check out. So, Corporal Grey, you are the newest operative of the NSA, and I'm sure you're aware that officially, we don't have field operators. However, what is true on paper, often isn't true in reality. And this is your job, security and field operations."

"Yes, sir."

"So, from now on, you are Agent Grey, instead of Corporal Grey. And I will call on you to perform field tasks and security operations within Liberty City, Alderney, and various regions of the Northeastern, Mid-Atlantic, and Upper Midwestern United States. It won't be too bad at first, but you must always be on the lookout and be ready at a moment's notice."

"Yes, sir. As my drill sergeant always said; Stay Alert, Stay Alive."

"Indeed, Agent Grey. Come back to my office tomorrow at 9:00 AM for your first assignment."

And as I walked out of the sparsely decorated office and into the plain white halls of the United Liberty Paper building, I kept thinking to myself...

The National Security Agency, huh? This should be interesting. Black Ops, cover-ups, assassination, and spying on the online conversations of anyone and everyone in Liberty City, real X-Files stuff. So, this is it. I'm now part of the Man. I'm part of the System, the Syndicate, the Men in Black, the Illuminati, the New World Order, the Shadow Government, the vast Government Conspiracy out to get you. I'm in the NSA. We're the real boogeymen, the monsters who hide under your bed at night, while tapping your phone and hacking into your computer, looking for terrorist information among a sea of the PC games, half-assed fanfiction, and kinky hentai you put on there, you fool. We're the goons who drive around in black vans and make sure you "disappear", and it's all in the name of National Security.

This is a new world. You have inalienable rights granted to you under our Constitution. That's what they want you to think. Why? Because we are "they". The War on Terror has rendered the Constitution null and void. And it's my job to make sure it stays that way. Welcome to the NSA. Welcome to pure unholy blackness. Welcome to the truth of our government. Your rights are meaningless now.

I'd never say such things, but my heart kept telling me that from within. Something didn't sit right with me about Mr. Fortune.

Tom Johnston
  • Tom Johnston

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hey, i'm new to the forums and i saw this thread, and the concept is amazing. I read the rules and stuff but i'm still not sure about a few things.
How do you sign up to write your story, just announce it or do you need to ask to join a particular gang? And what exactly do you have to specify aside from Gangs.
Also, i got an idea for a story, but it involves a lone person from Australia new to Liberty, who wouldnt work for just one gang (i'm thinking first would be the Lost MC, snowballing after that). I just wanted to know if that would be possible.

Like i said i have read through the rules, but i'm not sure about the finer points, any help would be greatly appreciated.
The stories i've read are great so far.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:38 PM Edited by AceRay, 02 October 2011 - 03:57 AM.

QUOTE (Tom Johnston @ Monday, Sep 26 2011, 09:11)
Hey, i'm new to the forums and i saw this thread, and the concept is amazing. I read the rules and stuff but i'm still not sure about a few things.

hi there. sorry it took a while to reply but I've been a bit bogged down in school. I'm not a reviewer like Aragond but here are some answers to your questions.

How do you sign up to write your story, just announce it or do you need to ask to join a particular gang? And what exactly do you have to specify aside from Gangs.

Just start writing for a gang. You can write for up to five gangs. as for joining, just state which gang and what property, so if I wanted to join the Pegorinos at Honkers, I would say,: "This story is for the Pegorinos at Honkers" or something like that.

Also, i got an idea for a story, but it involves a lone person from Australia new to Liberty, who wouldnt work for just one gang (i'm thinking first would be the Lost MC, snowballing after that). I just wanted to know if that would be possible.

I'm not sure about this one but I don't think the main character can be some random guy, he/she has to work fror one gang. That said with the new way the game is set up, you could write your main character joing the Lost in your first gang slot for the Lost and then when he joins, say, the Gambettis, you have another gang slot for when he joins the Gambettis, I think? So you could continue the story but you would have to but new weapons for that gang: weapons don't carry over.

Like i said i have read through the rules, but i'm not sure about the finer points, any help would be greatly appreciated.
The stories i've read are great so far.

Assuming you're talking about my stories, thanks! hope you can join.

Send Aragond a private message if you have any more queries.
also, visit page 99: http://www.gtaforums...=371690&st=1960. This was my first post and I asked a few similar questions, so this might help too (hard to believe that was a year ago now cry.gif )

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:28 AM Edited by AceRay, 06 December 2011 - 04:14 AM.

I'd also like to join the North Holland Hustlers at Playboy X's Loft.

Chapter 1: Welcome to Liberty City

The sun glinted in my eyes as soon as I stepped out of the airport, dragging my luggage behind me. I take a deep breath of the fumes that polluted the air, my first taste of life in Liberty City. Came here because of some trouble back home. My brother was killed by neo-Nazis, my cousin was giving blow jobs for crack and the orphanage where we grew up was the setting for mass-shooting which saw hundreds of orphans getting shot for fun. I knew that making children killable in video games wasn’t going to be healthy, but they just didn’t listen. With nothing left, I had to go where I could have one last role of the dice.

I saw Scar wave me over to his Vigero. He was my contact who would get me into the North Holland Hustlers. He was a fat guy with an afro and he appeared very different from what I remember him as. I met Scar when I was sixteen and we became good friends, didn’t have much going for him and still doesn’t, still trying to work his way up but isn’t going anywhere soon. It was nice to see him after a few years apart but I hope I have more luck than him.

“Hey Monty. What’s up player?” He shouts as I approach, his hoodie falling over his eyes, blocking all visibility. I throw my bags at him and he’s taken by surprise, falling onto the hood of the car.

“Lets go. No chit-chat.” I say bluntly as I hop into the passenger seat. I sigh softly when Scar puts my bag in the boot and hobbles over to the car door. He gets in with a thud, and the chair squeaks as it tries to support his massive weight.

“So, whats up with Monty Duggins?” Scar says as he pulls onto the motorway. I hope I didn’t have to deal with his bullsh*t too much now so I decide to reveal my true intentions.

“Scar, I’ll be frank with you.” I say quickly. “I’m going to kill the leader of the N.H.H. or die trying and you can’t say anything to stop me.” Scar is so surprised he slams on the breaks in an instant, bringing the car to a halt in the middle of the motorway.

“You’re going to do what now?” Scar screams, panicking slightly. “You can’t f*cking do that.”

“Why not?” I say, smirking slightly. Cars started honking aside us as we sat there like a fat fish.

“Because… um… it’s not good.” He replies while averting eye contact.

“Don’t worry; I’ve got a little surprise in my bag.” I say, laughing heavily afterwards. Scar slowly starts the car back up again. I pull out a cigarette and start smoking it while Scar drives. The rest of the journey was spent in silence. Scar occasionally tries to muster up the courage to speak some sense into me, but he didn’t bother in the end. When we got to the leader’s apartment, Scar pulled up in front and talked slowly.

“This is Dub’s penthouse. He got it off some Eastern European who wanted to expand. But please, don’t do this. You’ll regret it. You’re going to die.” I laugh again and get out of the car after getting him to open the boot. He does, and quickly joins me round the back.

I pull out my bag and unzip it slowly, revealing the weapon concealed inside it. Scar is shocked and covers his mouth in surprise as I lift the simply massive chainsaw out and start to rev it. He didn’t say anything to me after that, he simply shock his head and ran into his car.

“I’ll call you when its done!” I shout as he speeds off into the distance. I look down at the massive melee weapon, licking my lips in anticipation as the sun sets in the distance. I was going to have some fun!

I enter the lobby in the bottom of the apartment. I won’t lie and say there weren’t a few curious faces that gazed upon me but I ignored them and walked straight for the elevator, grinning intensely like a madman on a spree.

When the elevator takes me up to Dub’s apartment, two tough looking guards were playing I spy with each other.

“I spy with my little eye… what the f*ck!” he shouts as I charge at him with my chainsaw.

“Surprise!” I shout as the blade hits his throat and blood splashes everywhere. The other guard is so stunned he just stands there stuttering when I put the chainsaw into his gut. Blood splashes all over me as he drops down, dead. I then run into the next room quickly.

Dub and his two goons had heard the commotion in the hall. Two of them pull out their guns while Dub runs out onto the balcony. The first one shot at me with his pistol, but I reacted swiftly enough to block it with my chainsaw and it ricocheted off into the other goon’s head, killing him almost instantly. It was almost too easy. The surviving goon fires another shot which was heading right at me but I dive for cover just in time. Obviously it was time to improvise. On the table I was covering behind had a bottle of beer perched there so I grab it hastily and throw it at him. It hits him in the face and he’s stunned beyond belief so I take the opportunity to chainsaw his head off. It was a truly gruesome sight but I just laugh like an insane killer. It was now Dub’s turn.

I run out onto the deck and am I am surprised to see Dub carrying an Uzi.

“Don’t cause trouble.” He says. A pretty strange request considering I was carrying a chainsaw covered in his goons’ blood.

“Too late, mother f*cker!” I shout before revving my chain saw and charging. Dub shoots me in the leg, but it’s only a flesh wound. I quickly dodge to cover as Dub goes trigger happy. I try to throw a pot plant at him but as he is officially the end of chapter boss, it only knocks off a few health points. There was only one solution that was possible and even then it was a long shot. But it had to be done.

As Dub reloaded his uzi, I jump up and scream loudly before throwing my chainsaw at him. It lands in his stomach. Dub drops his uzi and squeals in pain, taking a few steps backward onto the fire escape. I run up to him and breathe in his face as he struggles to stay on two feet and an impossible amount of blood gushes out of the hole in his stomach. I pull my chainsaw out of his stomach, drop it and push him backwards off the edge but not before I grab his smaller intestines and pull it out like a long rope. He falls a few meters before I hold him up with his intestines, him dangling like a bloody piñata.

“You sadistic bastard… I’m… not dead… yet.” He manages to spit out as he dangles there.

“I know.” I mutter to him. I tie the smaller intestines to the hand rail and laugh at his pathetic antics as he dangles there, blood tripping out of him like a tap. He couldn’t survive much longer. I turn off the chainsaw and stumble back into my new lounge. Then I suddenly realized how I was a mess considering the front of my shirt was covered in blood. I collapse off onto the couch, pull out my phone and ring Scar.

“Yo Scar, its over. Monty is in business.” I tell him over the phone.

“What!?! Oh… Okay, I guess you’re the big boss now. Not sure how people will react to this but…” He takes a few heavy breaths before continuing. “What do you want me to do?”

“Tell everyone this: North Holland Hustlers are under new management. Monty’s Hustlers are in business now boy, don’t you forget it.” I say, smirking, before I hang up, pleased at how easy it was to set up my new gang. I take a deep long look at the dead goon that was in front of me. His body looked tender and juicy, like a good steak. I bend over him and pull out my knife before jamming it into the goon’s leg and cutting off the limb. After that, I put his leg in my mouth and start biting off good chunks of meat, chewing it thoroughly before swallowing.

“Oh my, that’s delicious.” I say quietly to myself. I soon devour the leg to the bone and move onto the rest of the body. I spend the rest of the night munching on the dead goons’ bodies like it was a banquet until there was just a pile of bones lying in front of me. I like Liberty City already.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Osric @ Thursday, Sep 8 2011, 14:40)
If we had the support for a III-era BUYG(Which we don't, as far as I know), then it could go there. Oh well, best get back into writing.

Well, I've once run a III-BUYG called BUYSAG (it contained VC and III gangs in it once too). So, if you need support for coding or anything, you can count me in. wink.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

Im considering returning as both a contributor and as staff, having been retired as both for quite some time. I suppose playing IV online again rekindled some passion and ideas that could be put to use here.

If activity is an issue, why not see if you can get a mention in the next GTAF newsletter? I miss the times when there used to be over 20 regular, consistent authors and I'd struggle to keep up, haha.

aragond
  • aragond

• Members

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:26 PM Edited by aragond, 25 October 2011 - 01:34 PM.

COMING SOON!

AN UPSCALE, STATE OF THE ART, TOP NOTCH CONDOMINIUM DEVELOPMENT A SHORT DRIVE OUT OF TOWN ON SOME PRISTINE WETLANDS, AWAY FROM THE NOISE AND UNINVITED DIVERSITY OF VICE CITY!

Otherwise known as ratings
(Progress Bar: XXX================)

(Ooopsie, forgot to log in as Staff. Tee-hee. Oh well.)

>GTA V announced.
>Best get ready for the inevitable flood of interest in GTAF that will spill into here
Huh. Should we make BUYG-V now? Y'know, get ahead of the rush?

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

All I can say is...YES!

Now we can get this show on the road.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

My heart literally skipped a beat when I read that. I'm so happy. I would post a couple more stories but I figured I'd wait for the next reviews so Aragond can catch up.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:57 PM Edited by Slingaa, 27 October 2011 - 04:01 PM.

To be honest, I'm more looking forward to BUYG V than the actual game; is that weird?

1000th post.

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

I say make a BUYG V, as in a reboot of GTA IV's BUYG.

Part of the lull in activity in BUYG is because the thread is so immense, that it may turn off potential players who'd like to join and learn more about BUYG, but are too intimidated by the long length of pages.

A reboot would be good.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Don Giovanni @ Wednesday, Oct 26 2011, 22:02)

Part of the lull in activity in BUYG is because the thread is so immense, that it may turn off potential players who'd like to join and learn more about BUYG, but are too intimidated by the long length of pages.

A reboot would be good.

Why not make a GTA V BUYG for GTA V and keep GTA IV BUYG for GTA IV?

The reason BUYG IV has been a bit inactive is because the staff (Aragond) has been busy and hasn't been able to review any stories. People thought the topic was abandoned and didn't write.

We just rebooted, I don't think another reboot would do anything. Look back through the last 10 pages.

aragond
  • aragond

• Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Don Giovanni @ Thursday, Oct 27 2011, 08:02)

A reboot would be good.

Much though it hurts to think I am responsible (it's alright, I'll share the blame with other absent staff) for BUYG IV's ... latent state, I'm inclined to agree with AceRay.

I don't think a hundred pages intimidates people, does it? They seemed to have no issue joining when we had 80 pages, and I can't imagine 30% makes all the difference. And it didn't stop people from joining the thousand-page* Genesis or Where's the Blue conversations once they knew what was going on.

* Slight exaggeration.

That said, I'm with you DonG and Slingaa -- once V gets released, I'm planning to be in on the first post with a BUYG V.*
I won't have the FEINTEST idea what you're all writing about (I'm a PC, not a console, much less a Mac), I'll enjoy seeing people writing.

* Anyone know if I'll have to fight off any Staff from BUYG III? That is, IS there still a BUYG III running?

One question would be: do we carry over to BUYG V the present Mav'-designed system or do we return to the roots of BUYG?

Don't hurry to decide. We should give this system a few months.

Oh, and b4 I forget, Don G, AceRay and Slingaa, THANK YOU.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Just to let you guys know, even though I'm not posting, I'm still here. I read a lot of chapters still.

@aragond There isn't a BUYG III still running but here's a list of the ones I could find (SA)

To be honest, I prefer the old system. Don't get me wrong, Maverick did an awesome job, but I prefer the old layout. I think that we should continue the IV BUYG with this system, but sort out the staff. We should PM the existing list of staff asking if they want to continue and maybe recruit new staff. Just my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users