» «
Photo

BUYG: Build Up Your Gang IV

2,323 replies to this topic
TheLostBiker
  • TheLostBiker

DJ WildLost

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:53 PM Edited by TheLostBiker, 09 January 2011 - 02:56 PM.

Alright. I'll be ready, just not on weekday mornings. Classes confused.gif

BTW;How do I do my writers card? Should I wait until my first story is rated?

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Is it okay if I make a short list of characters key to my Ancelotti stories? They're just brief descriptions of a few characters and it's to help set the scene for my stories.

The setting is Liberty City and Alderney, 2011. These are a few of the characters.

Johnny Taliaferro: The main character of the story, the son of Italian immigrants, Johnny Taliaferro is a hapless and innocent 22-year old clerk at the Alderney Fruit Market who is about to enter the Underworld of Liberty City.

Vincent Zeno: Johnny's boss and the owner of the Fruit Market, he is a made man and is in charge of the jewelry smuggling ring being fronted by the Fruit Market.

Rocco Pelosi: Now a Caporegime of the Ancelotti Family, Rocco Pelosi was a loyal soldier and is now a big shot in the Mafia underworld of Liberty City.

Lita Soluna: A 23-year old associate of the family, Lita Soluna is one of the rare female members of the Ancelotti Crime Family and is a close friend of Gracie Ancelotti and a friend of Johnny Taliaferro, having gone to high school with him.

Augustus Simone: The Sicilian-born Underboss of the Ancelotti Crime Family.

Giovanni Ancelotti: The reclusive Don of the Ancelotti Crime Family, slowly rebuilding his empire and status in the Commission.

Gracie Ancelotti: Don Ancelotti's daughter, not really involved in the Family, but does play a minor role in the story.

Roy Zito: Don of the Gambetti Family and head of the Commission.

Phil Bell: Once an asssociate of the defunct Pegorino Family, Phil Bell is now a consigliere to Giovanni Ancelotti, even though he is mostly Irish, this has led to some ire from other members in the Commission.

Kenny Petrovic: Head of the extremely powerful Petrovic Bratva, Kenny Petrovic is the most powerful crime lord in Liberty City and controls the drug trade in the city, which is now something the Five Families shy away from, mainly due to the implosion of the Pegorino Family. But is he just a small-time player in a more grand scheme?

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:55 AM Edited by Build Up Your Gang, 11 January 2011 - 02:04 AM.

** Update 11th Jan ***
- Staff has completed his tool for building Writer's Cards. Any active member should declare their legacy for it to be included at introduction of the new system.
This does not mean that if you don't do this before we start that you lose out. We can easily add you afterwards. However, Staff does not want to be responsible for trawling through each and every post and rating in this thread.
See Slingaa or aragond for hints on how to declare your previous stories.
- Sticky Bombs added Thanks for the reminder, Slingaa

Work Outstanding:
Rules need finalising.
Gangs: starting weapons and vehicles needs review.
Drugs need finalising and adding into post 2.
Active writers should tally up their number of posts, and their total earnings and PM them to Maverick.

Maverick24
  • Maverick24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:09 AM Edited by Maverick24, 11 January 2011 - 02:19 AM.

Osric
QUOTE (Osric @ Jan 8 2011, 15:40)
Now that we can write for multiple gangs, is it okay if I can write for the Ancelottis as soon as we start up the new thread or finish the reboot or whatever?

I'll help out however I can, and I still will try and continue the Petrovic stories, maybe even tie them into my Ancelotti stories.

Can I trouble you to tally up your post history for us weary, overworked and sleep-deprived poor Staff? I'd be more than happy to see you either pick up where you left off or start with your long-begged-for Ancelotti's.
Also, posting a character list is fine, so long as you remember not to substitute the description in your story for the information in a side-post. If you wanted, you could expand this single post to be more than just a character list and use it to catalogue your stories for quick navigation.

TheLostBiker
QUOTE (TheLostBiker @ Jan 9 2011, 14:53)
Alright. I'll be ready, just not on weekday mornings. Classes confused.gif

BTW;How do I do my writers card? Should I wait until my first story is rated?

As you are new then I'm not going to bother you to provide the information for your writer's card. It will be added ASAP when your rating has been made.

I wouldn't worry about when your classes are. I don't envisage any stories being posted within a few hours cycle. Remember, I'm posting from the UK. That, and I have a full-time job!

Slingaa
QUOTE (Slingaa @ Jan 7 2011, 16:58)
Will you guys be adding Sticky Bombs at all?

Managed to miss that one first time. Added now.

aragond
QUOTE (aragond @ Jan 7 2011, 11:14)
QUOTE (Maverick24 @ Jan 7 2011, 11:55)
p.s. Two tests and 3 innings! Commiserations, mate.

lol.gif
What a simply GOLDEN effort, aye! (That's better than a sterling effort, dinchaknow)
Then again, as a mate of mine puts it, it's probably about time the rest of the world had a turn at winning. tounge2.gif

17 - 20!!

Damn, we're sh*t winners.

TheLostBiker
  • TheLostBiker

DJ WildLost

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:36 AM

MAverick, on the classes thing, I was talking bout our cop n criminal story your going to pm to me after revamp.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Also, will you guys be adding assests again? We had a pretty good system in the last San Andreas BUYG, if you want to check it out.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:28 AM Edited by Osric, 11 January 2011 - 08:48 PM.

I've made so many story attempts, I don't know where to start. I'll just start on the Ancelottis and we'll work from there.

Also, the character list has only brief descriptions and it's only to set the scene for the actual stories themselves.

One more thing, ever thought about adding Chinatown Wars weapons such as the Nightstick, Chainsaw, Sword, or Revolver? They'd be cool, and CW, while kinda crappy, is a small part of the GTA IV Canon.

Now, onto my first Ancelotti Story, probably not my best, but I need to get if off the ground somehow. I loosely patterned Johnny Taliaferro off of me, making him interested in anime and RPG's, making him a fan of country music and so on, to give him some background info. I know it sounds out of character for a Mafioso to like those things, but remember, he isn't a Mafioso yet. That will occur as the story goes on.

Do note that I took some liberties with the GTA storyline to make the geography a little more realistic. Liberty City is in New York State, and Alderney is now a county in New Jersey rather than a full state of its own. Also, I'm adding some radio stations and organizations into the story not featured in GTA IV, but could fit in, as GTA IV took place in 2008, and this takes place in 2011. I'm also including some real-life franchises such as Fullmetal Alchemist and Vampire: The Masquerade, as well as GTA things such as Princess Robot Bubblegum and Weazel News.

The Ancelotti Family

Alderney Fruit Market

Chapter I

Liberty City, the City That Never Sleeps. The business center of America and one of the largest cities on Earth. A real melting pot of peoples and cultures.

Alderney County, the Trash Dump of New Jersey. A place where Liberty City dumps its garbage.

Yeah, I have the misfortune of living in Alderney. To make things worse, I'm a pathetic loner with some crappy job in a freakin' grocery store where they don't pay you what you're worth, but just enough to make you come back for more. In short, things sucked around here.

I mean, it could be worse. I could've been living in Hove Beach, where those Ruskie assholes would shoot you for the blue jeans you were wearing. But still, I was just some dorky clerk working at some loser store, for a boss who was a real jackass. Each day was the same, I'd goof around behind some freakin' counter, ringing up sales, going home, eating a TV dinner, watching some anime(Princess Robot Bubblegum and Fullmetal Alchemist are my faves), and going back to sleep before beginning the same crap over and over again.

It was just another day at Zeno's Fruit Market. Everything was quiet, except for the annoying elevator music played over the loudspeakers scattered throughout the story. I was just standing behind the counter, waiting for a customer to come by and buy something. I was so freakin' bored, that even ringing up a sale would entertain me.

Standing at the counter, I heard the ringing of the door. And what do you know, my buddy Lita came in. Lita and I were old friends from high school, and we've been close ever since. Well, as close as a guy could get with a gal without going out together.

Lita Soluna was a fairly attractive woman. She had short, boyish black hair, hazel eyes, relatively fair skin, and decent curves. But her best trait was her personality. She was a strong woman, not too femmy, but not so butch you'd think she was a lesbian. Her sense of humor was wonderful, and she was kinda geeky like me. She got me into anime, and was one of the few girls I knew who would play the role-playing games with me such as my all-time favorite RPG Vampire: The Masquerade. But we weren't the loser geeks in high school, y'know, the 30-year old virgins living in their mother's basement. We had lives, but we were into the nerdy hobbies like anime, comics, and RPG's.

Lita said to me "Yo, Johnny, how ya' doin'? Has Vinnie been treating ya right?"

I replied "Hell no, he's an asshole, same as usual. How's things for you?"

"Fine. Hey, Johnny, do you know where Vinnie is? I gotta talk with him about something. It's kinda important, ya know."

"Sure, Lita. He's in his office, back behind the shelves for the citrus fruits."

With a smile, Lita replied "Thanks, Johnny. See ya later!"

And in a flash, she darted off to the backroom. I felt glad that she stopped to see me, but I still felt like crap. So, I just sat around and did my nine-to-five thing.

A few hours later, around closing time, Lita came back, this time, with the fat jerk Vincent Zeno, my boss.

As Lita left the store, Vincent shouted in his deep, boorish voice "Yo, Johnny! Get your ass down here! Gotta talk with you."

I gulped. How did I screw up this time? Slowly, I walked down to his office, shaking from fear and anxiousness.

Then I entered his office. It was a dingy, ugly room. The walls were concrete and gray, cigarette smoke was everywhere, thrashing my lungs and throat as I breathed in the carcinogenic fumes, and the only light was a dim ceiling lamp hanging over his desk.

In a stutter, I asked "W-wh-what's w-wrong, Mr. Zeno?"

"Nothing kid, relax. Ya ain't in no trouble. Just need a favor from ya to do after closing. Just bring something to my buddy Rocco. He lives down in Algonquin, near Little Italy. Take this to him, he'll be at Pelosi's Bakery."

He handed me a black handbag.

"It's polished sapphires from Europe. Bring 'em to Rocco, and he'll give you some cash for ya troubles. But remember, avoid the fuzz if you see them. Ya get pinched with these stones, I don't freakin' know ya. So keep ya mouth shut and don't draw too much attention to yourself. And if you steal any of them, it'll be the end of ya! Capiche?"

More nervous than before, I asked..."How can I get to Algonquin? I don't have a car, I just walk to work."

"Don't worry, kid. Borrow mine, just bring it back in one piece."

I walked out of the store with the handbag and the keys to Vincent's car, with a trembling pain in the pit of my stomach.

I started up the car, tuning the radio to Black Mountain Radio, the classic country station that opened up in Alderney last year. Wasn't too popular in Liberty City, but it was good enough for me. Driving steadily down the bridge to Liberty City, I had to keep myself calm as I headed to Pelosi Bakery, carrying illegal jewelry, and with Johnny Cash being the only thing keeping me from wetting myself.

What had I gotten myself into?

VinnieLeone
  • VinnieLeone

i luv black ops

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

well its good to see some new faces. Sorry for my long abscence, i got my chapter ready ill post it later today.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (VinnieLeone @ Jan 16 2011, 21:54)
well its good to see some new faces. Sorry for my long abscence, i got my chapter ready ill post it later today.

If I were you, I'd save it on Notepad or Word and post it later. The BUYG changes aren't finalized yet, the staff are still working on them and just adding chapters is just piling work ontop of them.

VinnieLeone
  • VinnieLeone

i luv black ops

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Jan 16 2011, 21:19)
QUOTE (VinnieLeone @ Jan 16 2011, 21:54)

If I were you, I'd save it on Notepad or Word and post it later. The BUYG changes aren't finalized yet, the staff are still working on them and just adding chapters is just piling work ontop of them.

o great, gives me more time to check and edit

DRAGON117op
  • DRAGON117op

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Um hey guys I'm new to this whole BUYG thing and I honestly don't have a clue on what to do. 1- what do I actually have to do? 2- what is it all about? 3- how do I do it? 4- could somebody pls reply with instructions. dontgetit.gif mercie_blink.gif

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Has anyone thought of restarting the San Andreas/III-era BUYG and running it right?

Like no overpowered gangs that start off with $1000 and an M4?

Like monitored custom gangs?

Like a properly-run drugs and racket system?

I would love to see the current BUYG IV staff re-open the San Andreas BUYG, as I've been in the mood for III-era stories and such, although I intend on sticking to my Ancelotti stories once mine gets rated.

Here's my suggestions for running a decent III-era BUYG like they had before. This BUYG account, back when the old BUYG staff was around, ran one and it was still going when I joined here about a year or two ago, but it was dying and had long since progressed. Then El Zilcho and I made the military-themed Build Up Your Army, which was successful, but spawned inferior BUYG spin-offs in Writer's Department that made the BUYG concept unpopular for a while.

Landstalker ressurected BUYG with the San Andreas BUYG and its iterations. But it eventually got out of hand with so many spin-offs and spams, and now there currently is no III-era BUYG.

I'm thinking of modeling a new San Andreas BUYG under these guidelines.

I. Each gang gets $100, their gang car, and a melee weapon of some sort to start off with. For example, most gangs would get a baseball bat or a knife, but a few such as the Liberty City Triads may start off with a Meat Cleaver, or the Southside Hoods may have brass knuckles, as this is what they had in LCS, but high-end weapons like katanas and chainsaws would not be default weapons. So, while the Yakuza and San Fierro Triads may carry katanas in SA and LCS, they would start off with a baseball bat and knife respectively.

II. You can write for two gangs at once, just like here, but keep track of your stories.

III. Drugs and rackets will be heavily monitored by staff.

IV. The Law will be divided into three categories: Police, Federal Agencies(FBI, DEA, etc.), and Military, each with their own weapons and vehicles. This is only because the III-era Law Enforcement was so varied. Police would get a nightstick, a pistol, and a police car. Federal Agencies get an FBI Infernus, a nighstick, a pistol, and a Micro-SMG. Military would get a Patriot, a knife, a pistol, and an M4. In exchange for starting off with better cars and weapons, they cannot deal drugs or run rackets.

V. All cities shall be included, not just San Andreas. Liberty City and Vice City gangs are in as well.

VI. Minor gangs such as the Avenging Angels, PIG Security, Sicilian Mafia, and such, as well as defunct gangs like the Sindacco and Forelli Families, Trailer Park Mob, Diaz Cartel, and the like will be included, but not at the start. Much like The Commission Families in IV, they'd be added later as more people joined.

VinnieLeone
  • VinnieLeone

i luv black ops

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (DRAGON117op @ Jan 19 2011, 05:40)
Um hey guys I'm new to this whole BUYG thing and I honestly don't have a clue on what to do. 1- what do I actually have to do? 2- what is it all about? 3- how do I do it? 4- could somebody pls reply with instructions. dontgetit.gif mercie_blink.gif

you pick a gang from gta iv,( go to first post) then make a story, check some of mine or mark 2007 stories and get a fill how to do this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

There is simply no demand for a III era offshoot of BUYG at the moment. This edition and its reboot is the sole priority it appears and rightly so. If the time comes and five or more people are game for a III era version I would gladly participate and maybe even consider running it properly but until then it should be left alone.

SP has a good concept with running a version through Do Your Own Mission games... and I think that maybe this covers the need for what you're suggesting, mate.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:17 PM Edited by vinnygorgeous, 22 January 2011 - 06:33 PM.

Gambetti crime family
Leisure Center crew
Chapter 3

Clowns to the Left Jokers to the Right

Sammy had been right about Alderney, in the past two weeks we had made more money than in the previous six months. Things had been going so well that the inevitable stench of trouble should have been obvious but then isn’t that always the problem with the sweet smell of success, it covers the stench. When it finally arrived it came from Broker in the form of Jimmy Alfieri, a made man from Roy Zito’s crew.

“Johnny boy your looking prosperous, that suit, that chain, drinking fine wine and smoking fifty dollar stogies. It almost suits you! Almost.”

“Jimmy you should have called and let me know you were coming, I was about to leave, your lucky you caught me.”

“Yeah I hear you're real busy at the moment, working off the reservation.”

“Family business that’s all. You know me Jimmy I’m too stupid to work off the record.”

“Ha ha, there it is you weaselly piece of sh*t. I’m saying this only once. Stay the f*ck out of Alderney or you’ll be the piece of work, on the f*cking record capiche?”

“Aspettare aspettare…”

Before I could get more than two words out of my mouth Jimmy had a snub nosed revolver resting on my forehead.

“Do you f*cking understand?”

“Yes.”

As Jimmy left I could feel the eyes of my crew burning holes in my back. At that moment the last thing I wanted to do was to turn around and meet their disappointment with my shame.

“Johnny boy.”

Give me a f*cking minute to myself you toxic mother f*ckers, just one minute that’s all I ask.

“Johnny boy its Sarah she sounds pissed.”

I extended my arm with an open hand and waited for the phone to be placed in my grasp.

“It’s not a good time, I’m working.”

“And what about working on your real family huh? You promised things would change, your kids hardly know you for Christ’s sake. I accepted you didn’t love me a long time ago but you can’t do this to them.”

“You can’t keep saying this sh*t Sarah. You know I love you. You and the kids are everything to me. Everything I do is for you.”

“Your probably actually believe that don’t you? What chance did Ludo have with a drug peddling murdering gangster for a father. You may as well have put that sh*t in his arms yourself! You're probably making money from his misery, you’re killing your son just like you killed your nephews and who knows how many other mothers sons.”

“Sarah just listen…”

“No not anymore, twenty years of being alone, feeling unloved and being trapped in your gangster life, no not anymore. I’m taking the kids to my mothers, I’ll call you next week John.”

I am stunted rage, the final result of the worse possible decisions taken at every turn for forty-three years. I will burn the world, allow the rage to flow free. They will not kill me no matter how hard they push, I am not my fathers son.

“Johnny boy, we’re late, we were supposed to be there already.”

I should have taken out my gun and shot everyone of the lesions that surround me but instead I towed the line, Sammy’s line, and it was feeling heavier by the second. We were due at the docks in Port Tudor. We were going to try and win over Phil Bell’s boys in the Dock Workers Union. We had made good inroads in taking over the Pegorinos most lucrative rackets. Aldo Gatti had been left with the sort of scraps that I’d been working with for the past ten years. Mainly the activities that were difficult for another to appropriate. Customers of bookies and shylocks are uneasy with new faces, meaning that to take over someone’s else’s book you have to keep them alive which in this life is too much of a liability to chance.

We decided against the subtle approach in favour of a show of strength. There were eight of us in total spread between four cars. I was accompanied by Vinny Cipato, a long time member of the family who was straightened out in Sonny Cangelosi’s reign. He kinda looked like a sickly librarian with his thick rimmed glasses, skinny physique and sunken cheeks. What I liked most about him was his unease with banter, he never laughed when someone was being ruthlessly taunted and he never broke any balls himself. He was actually kind of a nice guy, kind of that is, I mean he has killed and tortured people so nice doesn’t sit that easily with any of us but even so he’s as nice as we come.

“Do you think they’ll still be there?”

“I dunno Vinny, it’ll be interesting to see though, if they are I don’t think we’ll have any problems. You stand around waiting for two hours then you gotta be pretty f*ckin’ scared of not being there.”

“Are they Italian?”

“Nah, one of them is definitely Irish, Murphy can’t get a more Irish name than that. Probably why he went with Phil B in the first place, the Lupisellas work those docks too but those guys are off limits as old Vincent is the boss of bosses now Jon’s gone.”

“You think Roy will whack Sammy.”

“Nah he has to find him first. He lives and works under an assumed name, he has had so much plastic surgery that even his own mother wouldn’t recognise him and he’s constantly on the move. Nah it wont be Sonny it’ll be us.”

“That’s nice, real nice.”

“Aint it f*ckin’ just.”

Unfortunately they hadn’t waited for us so we sent Donnie Salsone and Nicky Spoleti to fetch them and in true karmic fate we stood around for forty minutes waiting for them to bring the three union guys to us.

“We waited an hour but then it just seemed too unusual for us to be standing behind a building while we were supposed to be overseeing our legal challenge to Genco Freight Company. We still have to answer to our members and if we don’t then nothing we agree will ever happen.”

“Alright all is forgiven now lets get to it. Phil Bell is gone and he aint coming back, so either you give up your six figure income and just cash the cheques you get from the union or you need someone to step into Bell’s shoes. So you got three choices: Aldo Gatti, having to deal with that nutcase Loopy or us. Now I’m sure the Lupisellas would happily get into bed with you but you’ve got to be living in a fantasy if you think they’ll keep you around for long; they’ve got their own people ready to step into your shoes. You go with Gatti and it’s the same thing. He can’t stand up to the Lupisellas, he doesn’t have any of the means to keep this thing together past next week. So really you got one choice, us.”

“Eloquently put but this is not the eighties, there are other people, the Russians, the Chinese, the …”

“Don’t try playing hardball or we’ll see how hard your balls really are. We can do this nice or we can do it in a more… traditional way. Tony here has mastered the art, after many years of painstaking practice, of breaking every bone in the human body. You can have us arrested but I promise you that we don’t need much time to make you suffer beyond your darkest nightmares and you will before we ever see the inside of a cell.”

“Hey, wait a minute, this is a business negotiation! We all want the same damn thing, to make money for f*cks sake. Didn’t one of you guys used to say, ‘You can’t make money with a gun in your hand?’”

For the first time today I felt happy, my rage could be released. I pulled out a Glock 19 released the magazine and the chambered bullet then pistol whipped the smart mouthed union guy. The first blow caught him in the mouth, the crunching sound of metal smashing into teeth sent a rush of endorphins coursing through my body. The second blow hit his raised hand as he tried to protect his head, he yelled out in pain, I suspect from a broken knuckle. The third blow was a downward strike right on the top of his head. He fell down concussed but still conscious.

“I f*ckin’ make money with a gun in my hand.”

One of the other union guys nervously cleared his throat before quietly speaking, “The same arrangement we had with Phil?”

“Speak the f*ck up.”

I briefly waved the bloodied pistol in his face before inserting the clip and chambering a round.

“We just want the same deal we had with Phil.”

“Now that wasn’t so hard was it?”

As we walked back to the cars I felt completely reinvigorated, I could hold my head high once again amongst these men. But I still had the uneasy feeling that something bad was around the corner which tempered my good mood. Before heading back to Little Italy we stopped in at Nonna Pina’s to tell our Alderney partners the good news.

The place was strangely deserted, both staff and customers were eerily absent. It was the first time Vinny had accompanied me to meet with the Frattelli crew and he remarked, “Well at least its easy to get a table.” We found Lupo Frattelli hidden away at a small table near the bar, the table was obscured by the glass panels inside the doorway and the booths between us and the bar. He was talking to a young boy of no more than ten years old. As we approached the boy kissed Lupo’s cheek then ran into the kitchen area.

“We just came from Port Tudor, everything’s ready. So as soon as you come through with the cars we can start bringing in some serious cash.”

“Good good. Please sit down, you and your… friend?”

“Right yeah sorry. This is Vinny Cipato a friend of ours.”

“Pleased to meet you Vinny. Would either of you like a drink? I’m having one anyway.”

“Yeah sure whatever you having.”

Lupo fetched three glasses and bottle of Cognac, as he poured he told us the lad that had been here was his grandson who he hoped would one day be the boss of bosses. I could never want something so destructive as the life for my children. It killed me that my eldest was running out of options fast and that his best hope of making it to twenty-one was probably going to be working with me. He had spent half of his adult life in detox and rehab clinics but it hasn’t made any difference. I can’t say I blame him, he knew what I did from a young age, I didn’t want him too but kids have a way of finding these things out. I want to protect my two youngest from all of this, even from their brother’s influence. He’s not a bad kid just lost. So I’ll put some money in his pocket and get him to run some errands; anything to keep him out of trouble.

“Did you notice anything different when you walked in?”

“Yeah, where is everyone?”

“I dunno, can’t reach them.”

“What all of them?”

“Yep f*ckin’ waiters, kitchen staff, hostess and my soldiers have all disappeared off the face of the earth.”

“Since when?”

“Today.”

“Huh.”

“I think the restaurant staff are scared, this war with Ali Barber has been messy. A lot of citizens are in the hospital and cemetery because of us.”

“He’s the one prolonging this, he can’t win. We’re the Gambetti family, we don’t lose mob wars especially not with a glorified crew.”

“You really love yourselves don’t ya? Always looking down on us because we’re not on the commission, we don’t do our induction ceremony right, we got an Irish underboss. It’s always something, some reason why you don’t have to show us the proper respect. We always show respect because that’s cosa nostra! You LC guys…ah f*ck it, just forget about it.”

“Lupo no disrespect meant I’m sorry. I should learn to think before I open my big fat mouth right?”

“What’s it all even about these days: a woman boss, a kid don and a fa**ot at that, a super grass taking down an entire family…”

“Who the f*ck you calling a fa**ot?”

“What? You haven’t heard? Roy Zito is a fag, him and gay Tony and who knows how may other queers.”

People get killed for all kinds of stupid reasons: a spilt drink, a wrong word, speaking to an old flame but especially for insulting a man’s honour. I leant across the table and tried to grab Lupo but he leapt up, bottle in hand. Vinny took my lead and rushed him only to be stopped in his tracks by the Cognac bottle being smashed in his face. He let out a primal howl which soon turned to a whimper as he clutched the pieces of flesh torn from his face. I tried to pull my gun from its holster but Lupo kicked the table over on top of me. I frantically freed my arm but the table made it impossible to reach my gun. A size nine shoe raced towards my face, then everything turned black.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Tyla: Well, you do have a point. However, it would be a great idea to visit in the future.

I was just getting out the idea while it was fresh in my head.

BUYG Staff: I would really appreciate my story to be rated and see activity increase more.

TheLostBiker
  • TheLostBiker

DJ WildLost

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

For BUYG staff:

Stories to be rated,

Osric's intro,
LostBiker's Triads Intro,
Vinny's: Gambetti crime family
Leisure Center crew
Chapter 3

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

We coulda been friends Jim; coulda.

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

I'm confused on the initial set-up of your character. I was looking forward to making a character for the Gambetti Family, but I'm bewildered on how to do it. Do you just select a territory at random from Liberty City, or do I use the ones from the gang chart? Do I have to establish a background with the Family or can I have a preset background already established and just continue on from that? Somewhat stupid questions, I'm not the brightest bulb in the lot. wink.gif

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Francis Szumilo @ Jan 23 2011, 22:11)
I'm confused on the initial set-up of your character. I was looking forward to making a character for the Gambetti Family, but I'm bewildered on how to do it. Do you just select a territory at random from Liberty City, or do I use the ones from the gang chart? Do I have to establish a background with the Family or can I have a preset background already established and just continue on from that? Somewhat stupid questions, I'm not the brightest bulb in the lot. wink.gif

Gambetti Family is already taken up by other members, so I think you'd either have to wait for someone to be removed for inactivity or join another gang. And you can present your story any way you wish, as far as I know.

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (newbie @ Jan 23 2011, 22:14)
Gambetti Family is already taken up by other members, so I think you'd either have to wait for someone to be removed for inactivity or join another gang. And you can present your story any way you wish, as far as I know.

Damn! Alright, haha, thank you for the information. Which gangs are open at the moment?

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

The Ancelotti Family is open, as that is the gang I'm writing for. They're on Page 102, as the first page hasn't been updated in a long time.

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Ancelotti family it is ^.^, I'll start writing soon.

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:01 AM Edited by Francis Szumilo, 24 January 2011 - 06:42 AM.

Ancelotti Family | Waste Management Plant | Chapter 1.

A woman's best friend, a man's worst enemy.

"Frankie, you don't really think this'll work, do you?" Rocco said quickly, trying to keep his pace as Francis darted towards one of the workers.

"Get the f*ck back to work, this ain't f*cking break-time," turning his view to Rocco, Francis says:

"Of course I think it's gonna work, why the f*ck would I do it if it ain't?"

"Frankie, c'mon now, we're the weakest family in the commission, if this don't go too great, this'll just be another excuse to give us the boot."

"That's why your gonna look over things and make sure everything goes spic and span, capisce?"

"But Frankie!"

"Capisce!?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever Frank."

"Good man," Francis says, patting Rocco twice on his cheek. Ushering him away, he says: "Now go on, we ain't gettin' no work done wit'chu standin' here are we?"

"Yeah, I'll be back later, I'll give you a call."

"Alright Rocky, stay in touch." Francis hurried off towards the end of the warehouse, standing on the outskirts of it's entrance. Flicking out his cellphone, he makes a brief call to Giovanni Ancelotti.

(On the phone): "Hello?" Giovanni said groggily.

"Yeah, Old Man Ancelotti? A little birdie flew into town from Alderney, said you wanted to speak to me?"

"Yeah, Frank, Garone got clipped by those Albanian f*cks."

"What the f*ck? Frankie got whacked? That's f*cking Tony Black and now Frankie, what the f*ck is wrong with those Albanian pr*cks!? Don't worry Chief, I'll get those bastards back."

"Good, I want those f*ckers dealt with, soon. Oh, and Frankie, don't f*ck up, we're already in a tight spot with the commission and we don't need this sh*t to make it worse."

"Alright boss, I'll call you later."

"Yeah." Francis flicks the cellphone closed. Squeezing his eyes shut, he presses his thumb and forefinger to his temple and begins to massage it.

"Someones gonna f*cking pay."

Francis walked at a brisk pace towards his Emporer, climbing into the driver side door. Upon take-off, his car slams into the back of a Black Cognoscenti. "What the f*ck! You two-bit pr*ck, my f*cking car!" After Francis's rant, one of the occupants of the Cognoscenti step out. Dressed in a black suit, red tie; he walked to the driver's side of Francis's car. He swiftly puled out a Glock .22 and leaned into the window.

"Come with me, there's someone who wants to speak with you."

Not making any hasty moves, Francis did as he ordered. He slowly climbed out of his Emporer, and went to the Cognoscenti as instructed. Francis could feel the barrel of the Glock on his back, sending chills through his spine. The man in the suit opened the door for Francis, then shoved him in. He climbed into the Cognoscenti, and closed the door. Sitting across from Francis, was Jimmy Pegorino.

"Frankie f*cking Zoo," Jimmy began "Heard you guys got somethin' of mine."

"What the f*ck is this about, Peg? We don't owe you nuttin'." Francis stammers.

"Bullsh*t, you f*cking mook, those diamonds were ours. Where the f*ck are they Frank?" Jimmy shouted.

"F*ck you! Those diamonds were Tony's, your little biker buddies took 'em and you have the balls to KIDNAP me!? To steal back something that was stolen from US in the first place!? Who the f*ck do you think you are!?"

"I think I'm the one that can decide whether I pop your a*s and leave you on a Bohan street corner, that good enough tough guy? You think your f*cking cute, Frank? Tell me where the f*ck the diamonds are or you and Tommy here are gonna have a little chit-chat, got me?"

"I don't f*cking know where the diamonds are."

"That's bullsh*t, Frank, don't you f*cking hold out on me."

"I swear on my mother Peg, I don't f*cking know.*

"You useless f*cking pr*ck,"

Jimmy raises his right hand and does a little wave-type motion.

"Do it."

The man to Francis's right, Tommy, raises his Glock to Francis's head. Francis yanks his head down, just as Tommy pulls the trigger. The bullet flies out the window. Tommy stares out the window in awe, as Jimmy yells:

"Shoot the pr*ck, what the f*ck are you doing?! Come on, whack 'em!"

Using this moment, Francis kicks the remaining glass from the window out, and starts to climb through the window haphazardly. Tommy grabs onto Francis's ankle; Francis responds with a size 11 to Tommy's face. Whilst climbing through the window, one of the renegade shards still remaining in the window tear through Francis's stomach. Finally, Francis collapses out of the window, and gets up and begins to sprint. The roar of the Cognoscenti's engine is heard behind Francis, and the sound of bullets buzzing past Francis's head is also heard. Francis runs through an alleyway, with a rush of adrenaline, he jumps a chain-link fence. The Cognoscenti is relentless, it comes roaring through the alleyway as-well, meeting Francis's ankle as he climbs the fence, collapsing the fence, along with Francis, on-top of the Cognoscenti. Francis and the top of the fence post smash through the windshield, impaling the driver and leaving him incapacitated. Francis struggles to lift the fence from his chest, grunting and sweating as his feeble attempts to push the fence off fail.

"F*ck!" Jimmy's voice rang out, "Tommy - TOMMY!"

Jimmy shook Tommy's arm; his body remained still. Jimmy shot frantic looks around the alley, then finally his eyes met Francis's.

"You!" Jimmy growled, "You piece of sh*t!"

Jimmy ran towards Tommy's Glock! Francis's heart raced at a million miles per hour, his eyes shot from the fence, to Jimmy, the fence, to Jimmy. Francis started to struggle, shaking, pushing, grunting, and yelling. The fence was almost off, so close, so very close. Then, Francis's eyes shot to Jimmy.

"Nighty night."

The next thing Francis seen was a black oval-shaped object coming towards his face, and the next thing; blackness.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:08 AM Edited by aragond, 24 January 2011 - 06:12 AM.

QUOTE (TheLostBiker @ Jan 23 2011, 06:42)
For BUYG staff:

Stories to be rated,

Osric's intro,
LostBiker's Triads Intro,
Vinny's: Gambetti crime family
Leisure Center crew
Chapter 3

LOVE IT.
Someone's doing an Aragond! lol.gif 'Bout time!
Though, to really follow through, those entries should have been links to the individual posts. icon14.gif

Related to that topic:

QUOTE (Osric @ Jan 23 2011, 05:08)
BUYG Staff: I would really appreciate my story to be rated and see activity increase more.

I think the only reason that's yet to happen is that staff are busily preparing for BUYG IV - IInd edition .
I know at least one of the Staff is simply flat-the-frak-out at work that he's having to steal time from work just to key this post.

QUOTE (newbie @ Jan 24 2011, 08:14)
QUOTE (Francis Szumilo @ Jan 23 2011, 22:11)

With the pending emergence of BUYG IV - IInd edition , you would be able to start writing for ANY gang because we'd no longer be holding gang-location combinations as single-player only. At least, AFAIUnderstand it. Still, nothing to say you couldn't swap at a later date now you've started on the Ancelottis.

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (aragond @ Jan 24 2011, 06:08)
With the pending emergence of BUYG IV - IInd edition , you would be able to start writing for ANY gang because we'd no longer be holding gang-location combinations as single-player only. At least, AFAIUnderstand it. Still, nothing to say you couldn't swap at a later date now you've started on the Ancelottis.

Meh, I'll stick with the Ancelotti's, since I've already started a scenario, adding more gangs would just prolong the continuation of the stories and such.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

I read around and found out about that IInd edition, aragond, and I have to say I can't wait for it. It should certainly bring more people to the writing zone, as it would me!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

should I post my neatly finished chapter 2 now, or should I wait for BUYG 2nd edition?

Maverick24
  • Maverick24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (aragond @ Jan 24 2011, 06:08)
LOVE IT.
Someone's doing an Aragond! lol.gif 'Bout time!
Though, to really follow through, those entries should have been links to the individual posts.  icon14.gif

Further to this, staff are roughly aware of which stories need rating and have commited to have them rated by the time of the of the reboot of BUYG.

I think the only reason that's yet to happen is that staff are busily preparing for BUYG IV - IInd edition .
I know at least one of the Staff is simply flat-the-frak-out at work that he's having to steal time from work just to key this post.

At least someone is. I've been on holiday, so thanks for that one. SAVED

That's exactly the situation as I see it know, however feedback from the community is still welcome and I would happily still rewrite the rules if a better suggestion came along.

Osric
As far as I am concerned BUYG III and BUYSAG are as good as dead. There is barely the demand to sustain this place and it would be a waste of my effort to let this go with them by spreading our efforts too thin. Also, please remember we are volunteers and asking it to commit a huge amount of our time isn't something you can really bargain for. However, please feel free to start one yourself. I have a few MS Excel based tools for making the big grids you see if you want to use them. PM me if your serious.

Francis Szumilo
I will include your Ancelotti's story in the post-revamp ratings as the Ancelotti gang doesn't officially open until then. Looking good though, hang on in during the change-over and we will be happy to have you along.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Why is this topic unpinned?

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Maverick, I PM'ed you. Essentially, I am serious, but I will only make the topic and be a staff member if I can get enough people interested. I will need people to be staff and writers, and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users