Photo

BUYG: Build Up Your Gang IV

2,323 replies to this topic
bag09
  • bag09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

thanks for this, ive been struggling on this a little bit.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (aragond @ Jul 19 2009, 23:27)
And, thank you, too, anonymous BUYG staff-man! wink.gif Appreciate the comment and the record (for me) $51!

It was me that did the ratings, check the bottom of the post tounge2.gif

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

For my friend Mr Aragond (nice to be referenced as a friend isn't it) to be honest I changed to the third person just to be a sheep, and follow the rest of you! And I was bored of the first person narrative, I should of have left it with the Pavanos, when I did sort of experience my own assassination, although to be honest it was only meant to create the impression Vinny Salvato was dead, he was gonna wake up in hospital, the gun shots were the other guy gettin shot. Although seeing as I switched it might as well as been him getting shot so I wish I had made it more dramatic. The other reason I changed was limiting the story to Vinny Gambetti's perspective would have grown tiresome for me, he is only a mere soldier and it would have been a stretch that he would even know about the upper echelons of the family.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:03 PM Edited by aragond, 20 July 2009 - 04:10 PM.

Sorry, but Bag09, are you replying in the right place?! turn.gif

QUOTE (WelcomeToLibertyCity @ Jul 20 2009, 22:21)
QUOTE (aragond @ Jul 19 2009, 23:27)
And, thank you, too, anonymous BUYG staff-man! wink.gif   Appreciate the comment and the record (for me) $51!

It was me that did the ratings, check the bottom of the post tounge2.gif

icon14.gif Yeah, I got that. That's why there's a " wink.gif ".
But, then I guess you're going to say " Ah, but I knew that you knew and that's why there's a " tounge2.gif " ".
And then *I'll* reply . . . lol.gif

QUOTE (vinnygorgeous @ Jul 20 2009, 22:39)
For my friend Mr Aragond (nice to be referenced as a friend isn't it)

smile.gif

QUOTE (continued...)
I changed to the third person just to be a sheep, and follow the rest of you! And . . . a stretch that he would even know about the upper echelons of the family.

icon14.gif
Perfectly reasonable explanation. I endorse that explanation. colgate.gif

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (steven @ Jul 19 2009, 19:11)
The Sum Yung Gai restaurant (for the Triads) is actually in Cerveza Heights, Dukes, not Broker. Just thought I might point this out!

Also, I think the 'Old Hospital' location, for the Torres Cartel, should be changed. The gang does not operate there, at least it never said they did throughout the IV canon. Maybe it should be changed to a Bohan location (i.e. West Bohan Apartments), as that is where they mainly operate.

Edited--reason; word mistake. blush.gif

Also, the 'Outlook Pay 'n' Spray' (for the M.O.B.) should be renamed to 'Native Engines Auto Parts', as that is what it's actually called. Just want to help! smile.gif

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (steven @ Jul 20 2009, 17:12)
QUOTE (steven @ Jul 19 2009, 19:11)
The Sum Yung Gai restaurant (for the Triads) is actually in Cerveza Heights, Dukes, not Broker. Just thought I might point this out!

Also, I think the 'Old Hospital' location, for the Torres Cartel, should be changed. The gang does not operate there, at least it never said they did throughout the IV canon. Maybe it should be changed to a Bohan location (i.e. West Bohan Apartments), as that is where they mainly operate.

Edited--reason; word mistake.  blush.gif

Also, the 'Outlook Pay 'n' Spray' (for the M.O.B.) should be renamed to 'Native Engines Auto Parts', as that is what it's actually called. Just want to help! smile.gif

Good work. I agree with the Old Hospital being changed, as it only features in Snow Storm, and is, if I remember correctly, actually the place where the enemies of the mission are hiding out - not the Torres Cartel.

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:31 PM Edited by steven, 20 July 2009 - 10:11 PM.

Thanks, and yeah the place was controlled by some other drug dealers. I'll join a gang later today hopefully, when I find out a good story for one.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

My location is not where its supposed to be either, there is no drycleaners on Masterson, there’s a Laundromat nearby that when you approach from the rear it still says you are on Masterson but this location is owned by a Russian that you extort for Vlad. An actual Broker drycleaners can be found on Sundance. As a staff member I’d be happy to correct all the locations that there is a clear consensus as to proper locations but as I am not a founder I wasn’t sure if it was within my authority.

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (vinnygorgeous @ Jul 20 2009, 22:33)
My location is not where its supposed to be either, there is no drycleaners on Masterson, there’s a Laundromat nearby that when you approach from the rear it still says you are on Masterson but this location is owned by a Russian that you extort for Vlad. An actual Broker drycleaners can be found on Sundance. As a staff member I’d be happy to correct all the locations that there is a clear consensus as to proper locations but as I am not a founder I wasn’t sure if it was within my authority.

I think I remember helping choose that location as Roy Zito, I think it was, apparently owns a string of drycleaners/Laundromats according to the LCPD database. Go ahead and change it, as I remember being in the Masterson one recently and if you fire a shot, then some Russian guy comes and shots at you.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

I will log into the Build Up Your Gang account soon and make the following changes:
  • Change the location of Sum Yung Gai from Broker to Dukes;
  • Rename Outlook Pay 'N' Spray to Native Engines Auto Parts;
  • Rename Materston ST. Laundromat to Sundance ST. Laundromat.
I would like to hear people's suggestions regarding a replacement property for Torres Cartel (or any other gang, for that matter). There are quite a few gangs with only two or three properties that could do with being expanded.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

I've taken a trip around Liberty City & Alderney, and I have a few suggestions for new properties for the gangs that have two or three properties.

Assuming the Pavano's, Irish Mob, Hillside Posse, North Holland Hustlers, Koreans, Spanish Lords and Torres Cartel all get bumped up to four properties

Irish Mob - As named by Vinny in one of his stories, the Leprechauns Winklepicker Irish Bar in Babbage Drive, Berchem, Alderney. It's located near to the Cluckin' Bell which has been closed down, and is surrounded by construction works. It could be a possible location for the Alderney Irish Mob, headed up by Bucky Sligo who, it could be assumed, hates the McReary Mob.

The Koreans - A lot of the buildings in the Korean district are generic fronts, but I have picked out Oriental Home Furnishings, Alderney Realty, and Lee Herbal Product, all on Hubbard Ave. in Alderney City.

North Holland Hustlers - Only two places really stood out for the Hustlers, and they are Marshall Auto Repair, on Vauxite Street, North Holland. There is also a place called Southern Soul Food, located on Denver Avenue, East Holland.

The Hillside Posse should have a lot of good potential. Bumbaclot's Nightclub, Wendro-Something(I can't see) Avenue, Beechwood City, and Jerk N' Gizzada, in South Slopes.

The Torres Cartel were a hard gang to source out property for. As a replacement property, I would initially suggest Whiskers, which looks like a Bar or a Nightclub, on Wallkill Avenue, Fortside, which is right next to the Burger Shot. As 3rd and 4th properties, I would suggest Pizza & Gyro Restaurant, Switch ST, Fortside, and El Pedro Jewelry on San Quentin Avenue in South Bohan. OR, alternatively, swap the South Bohan projects over to the Torres Cartel, as they seem to be the dominant Latino gang in South Bohan, where the Spanish Lords seem to be prominent in Dukes.

Based on my hell bent theory of the Latino Gang in Alderney City being the Dominicans, and the Latino's in East Holland defiantly being the Dominicans, I'd guess the Spanish Lords were the guys that show up in Cerveza Heights. One thing I didn't know about this area that it's sort of like a multi-cultural melting pot. There are Italian, Latino, Chinese, even Jamaican and Indian Shops. What I would suggest for these guys the Pillows Club.

For the Pavano Family, I have FOUR suggestions for there 4th property. First, is the old Leisure Center that was the backbone of the Pavano's for a long time. Second, is Mangiante Ristorante, on Brown Place, Little Italy. The third is a little far fetched. Is there a Dog-Food Plant anywhere in Liberty City? I'm sure I read something about a Pavano Soldier/Hitman, named Dog Meat Menotti, who would dispose of his victims via his Dog Food Factory. The final one is the Linen Lounge, which I also believe has been featured in Vinny's stories. It seems to be a traditional North Holland/Harlem Jazz Club, the sort that Pavano Mobster Joe Corrola, who has connections to African-American crooks, would hang out at.

What do you guys think?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

Thank you Tyla, me and mark-2007 are online now and will check out some of those properities.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:37 AM Edited by Sanjeem, 21 July 2009 - 01:53 AM.

I would like to join the Pegorino's Please

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Jul 20 2009, 18:37)
I would like to join the Pegorino's Please

You can join them if you wish, just start writing! Make sure you say what property you're writing for too!

aragond
  • aragond

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:40 AM Edited by aragond, 21 July 2009 - 06:46 AM.

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:26)
QUOTE (steven @ Jul 20 2009, 17:12)

Good work. I agree with the Old Hospital being changed, as it only features in Snow Storm, and is, if I remember correctly, actually the place where the enemies of the mission are hiding out - not the Torres Cartel.

Nice find, Steven, and, fwiw, I concur, Steven / Mark: Torres Cartel never ran that, some bikies did. (They were bikies, non? blush.gif )

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jul 21 2009, 11:20)
I've taken a trip around Liberty City & Alderney, and I have a few suggestions for new properties for the gangs that have two or three properties. ... Irish Mob ... The Koreans ... North Holland Hustlers ... The Hillside Posse ... The Torres Cartel ... Latino Gang in Alderney City ... For the Pavano Family ... What do you guys think?

WOW! That's some NICE WORK, Tyla!
(Damn, wish I could run more than just GTA IV on my lappy -- or alt-tab! -- I'd go check 'em all out and make my own suggestions.)
The Koreans are ... important to my people (but their locations probably aren't - I just don't want to go extorting from one in my stories. lol.gif ), and I'm intrigued by this idea of introducing an Alderney Irish.

It's also good to see we're ramping back up, again, with new participants! Welcome, all!
I really feared our recent ... vacation might have killed us off! cry.gif

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:41 AM Edited by vinnygorgeous, 21 July 2009 - 12:39 PM.

I am not sure why but I always thought Whiskers would be a Lupisella club, I nearly included it in one of my stories, it's interesting that people scout the same locations, I had El Pedros jewellery(but I found it on Guantanamo Ave in Industrial) and Bumbaclot's (this could only be a Jamaican place) in my notebook, there is also The Bay Bar just down the road from there, a place I had plans for but in all honesty it does tend to have hillside members standing outside it, but I just interpreted that as they happen to drink at that bar rather than they own it.

Even though the Pavanos had the leisure centre I strongly believe it shouldn't be with them as I think it's based on the Ravenite social club on Mowbury St which was for a long time the Gambino HQ. The Pavanos are most likely based on the Bonannos as they are heavily involved in the heroin trade. I will look in to genuine New York locations for the Bonannos today. I have a lot of other locations that I’ve scouted but I have plans for them, one which I’ve discarded would be Cubic Hair on Vauxite St just down the road from the Linen Lounge which would be a good NHH location.

Edit: I based the Alderney faction of the Pavanos at Nonna Pina's which is on the corner of Bear St and Cockerell Ave in Berchem in my stories and would also endorse Tyla's suggestion of The Linen Lounge as Corrola's base in Harlem, I thought it seemed the best location, I also used jackey's lager bar a lot but I saw an image that made it look like a biker gang base but as I don't have TLAD I didn't know but it's impossible to find out the street, when you stand outside it says vauxite but it's not on it.

Edit2: Gozushi! Rice and Fins on Manzano Rd and Squid Row on Bowline in leftwood both would be okay for Asian gangs

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (aragond @ Jul 20 2009, 23:40)
Torres Cartel never ran that, some bikies did. (They were bikies, non? blush.gif )

Yeah, bikers and Mexicans.

Oh, and very nice work on the property findings Tyla! You have found, like 15 new location ideas.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hey guys, it was some time ago I came up with a story. I've been busy with my new project in Writers Discussion.
If you guys want to check it out then here is the link.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Double post, sorry.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:52 AM Edited by Sanjeem, 22 July 2009 - 12:55 AM.

IRISH MOB

CHAPTER 1: Goodbye Gerry

I Rang the doorbell to the Mcreary's household. The door opened as Packie stood their glaring at me. Then suddenly he realized it was me, so he turned that frown upside-down and smiled.

"Oh hey Finbar! Finally, Come in, Sit down Shutup" said Packie as he Invited me into the house and slammed the door behind him.

"Ok, Packie i Have a Sketch and Map of the Plan here...(Clears through)"
"Plan?...(Interupted packie) We don't need a f*cking Plan, all we need are a few Micro SMG's" Chuckled Packie as he got The Weapons out of the Fridge.

"Why dya keep em in the Fridge?" I asked, in a puzzled tone.
"Cause the Pigs dont suspect anything of them in their" Said packie as he placed the weapons on the table.

It was then Time for us to leave, as he handed me the Micro SMG which i Out into my Leather Jacket Pocket. We got into my car as we drove off, to Alderny Police Department. This is where Gerry Mc'reary was being Held in.
A few Minutes later, You parked your car outside the Police Department. As you got out you Put away your peice as you entered the Facility.

"Good Morning is their anything i can do for you Folkes?" Asked a Cop sitting at the Front Desk.
Packie Imidiatly Put a bullet through the Cops head splattering blood all over the Wall. The Alarm was Ringing and more Swat team members had been alerted.

"You still got that Map Plan?" asked packie as he shot the rest of the security guards me by his side shooting our way through the Facility. I got the Map out, and Gerry was in a Southern Direction. We both folowed the map to Gerry's cell as we blasted our way through Armed Swat Policemen. After much hassle and me being shot in the arm, we arrived at Gerry's cell.

"Wow Packie, Finbar what a Suprise to see you here" Shouted Gerry with Excitment.

We Busted him out of his cell and Imidiatly Headed for the Chopper on top of the Roof. Packie was Good at flying the Chopper so he flew, whilst Gerry and I, shot the folowing Cop Cars and Choppers. After a while we were a distance away and we had lost the Cops. Packie then headed to Francis International Airport, where an awaiting Plane was ready to Fly Gerry out of the City, and even further, out of the Country.

When They had arrived, Packie Landed Badly due to the condition of the Chopper. We all got out and headed for the Plane where the Pilot was awaiting. Their was an akward Moment, where i knew that Packie and I wern't going to see Gerry for a very long time.

"Well I guess this is goodbye Friend" as i gave Gerry a hug and a pat on the Back.

"Don't worry, You'll have my Brother Packie, Don't know if thats any good (He chuckled in a joke-like way) Anyway i'm returning back to the Old country in Ireland" Said Gerry in a releifed voice.

We all said goodbye as Gerry Boarded the Private Jet. The Plane Taxied to the Run-way. Eventually the Plane took off, and dissapeared into the Far away distance and into the Clouds, as Packie and I stood their in The in the Pouring rain gazing up at the sky.

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:08 AM

Sanjeem, were you writing for the McReary Household? Because that's already taken by mrpain, although he is a bit inactive...

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

May I have the spanish lords at Muscle Mary's Hotrods Auto-Shop.

aragond
  • aragond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:22 AM Edited by aragond, 22 July 2009 - 04:24 AM.

Staff-meisters, we really ought to have the following on the BUYG front-page. I mean, we do: "you simply pick a gang and one of its areas. You then write stories for that gang and asset." but probably (obviously?) it's not clear enough that folks should just start posting.

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Jul 22 2009, 13:26)
May I have the spanish lords at Muscle Mary's Hotrods Auto-Shop.

Mr C to the J, thanks for doing it, but you don't need to ask permission: just post your first story, making clear that is the location you're going to be based around, and, if you're the first to post a story for that location, and it's not already being used, it is yours!

So. Get writing! smile.gif

PS; nice sig

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

Spanish Lords Story 1 Cold Bohan nights.

“Hey man whats up” says a Mexican guy to a another he’s dressed in a baggy yellow hoodey and a white tee shirt and jeans the other man is dressed in a similar fashion except his hoodey was black and he had a yellow bandana on his head.

“You know man nothing much working at the shop and sh*t what about you Ceaser” the man takes a sip of his beer and they continue walking down the street.

“Well you know being putting work in for the gang over in Alderny City” the stop at a cross walk. Then a black Sultan RS drives by with two men in black suits and then they shoot at the two men killing Ceaser the other man takes out a pistol and shoots at the car killing the passenger splattering the mans brains all over the window.

The car speeds in to a wall and bursts in to flames. The driver runs out of the car on fire. “Take this you little b*tch” . The Mexican man shoots at flaming guy and kills him.

The man runs to Ceaser. “CEASER CEASER” he yells at his body.
Sirens are heard in the back round the man runs in to an apartment black around the corner. He walks up a flight of stairs.

He knocks on the last door on the second floor a man on the other side says in a Latino accent “Who is it”

The man that knocked answers “It’s me Julio you know Julio Vasquez”

“Okay man come in its open” Julio walks in and sees the man on his recliner in front of a 14 inch TV screen. The Man is not wearing a shirt and has baggy jean shorts on and a yellow bandana tied around his upper left arm. The man has a Spanish lords tattoo on his chest.

Julio walks over an dose the Spanish lords greeting and says in a distressed tone “Alan man… Ceaser he’s dead man” Julio sits down on a couch.
Alan gets up and yells “Who the f*ck did this” . He punches a hole into the wall. “Who man who”

“I don’t know man it was two men in suits in a black Sultan RS” Julio looks at Alan.

Alan then asks “whats the plate number?” he looks at the floor. Julio is sitting thinking. Alan looks at him and says “Come on holms think”

“It was FD3-RX7” Alan walks over and picks up some keys of his table and throws them to Julio.

Alan says “Come on I know some on that works at the DMV” The walk out to Alan’s car a Dark red Primo with chrome after market wheels and a custom stereo where the back seat should be.

“Where to Alan?” Julio asks as he starts the car.

Alan looks out the window and says “North wood projects number 23.” They get going

Later they arrive at the apartment And Alan knocks. The man on the other side answers “Go the hell away”.

Alan yells “It’s me Alan Sanchez, open up Kevin!” The door opens an a middle age white man appears at the door. And invites them in.

Julio and Alan tell him the story as Kevin checks the plates on his computer. “They belong to a Carl Goldberg says he’s a leader of some new drug ring in Bohan. He lives at the same block as Elizabeta Torres in apartment 97D”

Alan says thanks and they leave. They arrive at the car and Julio says lets fu*t these guys up” they get in the car and leave.

They arrive at the apartment Alan says “Lets do this”.
Julio says “Lets.”

Alan yells “ THIS IS FOR CEASER!!” they kick down the door and hide behind a couch. Julio shoots one of the men in the head while Alan clips a guy with his pistol. Then a man comes out with a assault rifle and shoots at the men. Alan gets shoot in the wrist and then Julio shoots the man in the heart.

All of a sudden a grenade comes out from a closet “RUN” Julio and Alan run out of the apartment. The grenade blows up Killing the last guy.

Alan looks at Julio and says “That was fun man. Take me home.”
They walk to the car and drive home.

Julio rolls the car to a stop out side the apartment block. Alan then says “Thanks for the help for avenging my brother. I don’t have any money so take my car.”

It was silent for a few seconds then Julio says “I can’t take the primo! You poured your soul into customizing this car.”

Alan says “Take it.” They look at each other then Julio says “Thanks man.”

Alan gets out and walks in to the project.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (steven @ Jul 22 2009, 02:08)
Sanjeem, were you writing for the McReary Household? Because that's already taken by mrpain, although he is a bit inactive...

Oh Very sorry, I thought more poeple were allowd than just one person. I apologize.

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

No problem, just start on a new location (Steinway Beer Garden or Lucky Winkles Bar).

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (steven @ Jul 22 2009, 13:16)
No problem, just start on a new location (Steinway Beer Garden or Lucky Winkles Bar).

Addme please to The Steinway Beer Garden. I'll do story When i can.

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

xD I'm not a staff member, but someone else that is a staff member will add you soon! icon14.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

I'm playing through GTA IV again and I just completed the mission "Harbouring A Grudge". A possible property for The Pegorino Family might be 'Cogs 'N' Hogs Auto Electric', it is the lock-up that Niko delivers the stolen goods too, it is owned by Ray Boccino.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Pizza This is featured twice I believe as a Pegorino controlled restaurant. It's the location you take the heroin after moving it from the abandoned house. It's even featured in the map that comes with the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users