BUYG: Build Up Your Gang IV

2,323 replies to this topic
Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

I'm going to take things into my own hands here, people. I don't want to see Build Up Your Gang go down the proverbial sh*tter and I doubt any of you do. I'm going to have a discussion with Rucke (considering the fact that he appears to be the only remaining active staff member) and see about appointing some new staff members.

In the mean time I would appreciate it if members would send me their nominations/suggestions for staff members. I do not want you to post in here through fear of filling up the topic with useless posts so please just PM me your suggestions. Even if you, yourself, would like to be nominated then PM telling me so.

I'll get back to you all as soon as possible, but in the mean time, I apologize for the wait and I appreciate your patience.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

I know I've been moving around a lot between different gangs lately. After I finished the original Pegorino storyline it's been to start a new one. However, I got some really good ideas concerning the Russian mob right now. I will write a storyline that contain at least 10 chapters. The storyline will focus on two main characters, being Ruslan Gaznayev and Viktor Moscow.

I'll start on my first chapter right now.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Very nice, I'll join when there's... not so much ratings needed.

I'd help if I could, but no one would trust me. >.>

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

Russian Bratva - The Cabaret Club

CHAPTER 1

At was early November, the air was cold and climate was depressing. Ruslan was sitting inside his Rubla car. The trees could no longer carry the leafs, they had to let go. The brown leafs was lying on the ground below the naked trees. Ruslan looked at his watch, an expensive Hugo Boss watch in pure gold. The time showed ten a.m. His friends, Igor and Lev were supposed to come out from the Comrades Bar 15 minutes ago. They were probably drunk. Ruslan closed his eyes, he was tired. He didn't sleep very well at nights; he just kept thinking that he had to earn more money to please Boris, his boss. Boris was the one in charge, the one who ruled over everyone else in the organization. Boris was the boss. He had known Boris for many years, even before he got to America, but he was still worried. Boris was a ruthless man. He had just imported a guy from the motherland, Russia. Ruslan was supposed to pick him up at the airport. If only Igor and Lev could come so they could go. Ruslan, or Russ like his friends used to call him came to Liberty City from Moscow six years ago. He quickly started to work for Boris and raised fast in the ranks. Right now he was one of Boris' most trusted allies. He just had to keep it that way. Ruslan was a big man with a lot of muscles, no wonder; he worked out almost every day. He was dressed in a black leather jacket, a dark red turtleneck, black chinos and black shoes. He was unshaved and had what many described as a face of steel. He rarely showed expressions.

When Ruslan opened his eyes Igor and Lev was coming out from the Comrades Bar. The bar was owned by Lev's brother Vlad. However, Vlad was killed a year ago by some Serbian enforcer working under former boss, Mikhail. Now the bar was owned by Lev's other brother, Vedim. Igor and Lev got in Ruslan's car. Igor was almost the same size as Ruslan, they worked out at the same gym, named Hove's x5000 Body Building. Igor was blond haired and was sometime referred as "the bimbo" by some of his friends, including Ruslan. Lev was not a bodybuilder, instead he was a bit chubby, just like his brothers Vlad and Vedim. Lev had big dark eyes and looked like a little dog when he stared at people, those two dog eyes betrayed people because Lev was also an ice cold killer. Igor was dressed in a brown leather jacket with wool collar and a grey sweater. Lev was dressed in a white shirt and blue jeans.

"Russ, my brother. Sorry we're late but Vedim gave us an offer we couldn't refuse." Igor tried to explain and Ruslan could clearly hear he was drunk.

"Oh yeah and what was that?" Ruslan asked as they headed for Francis International Airport in Dukes.

"A nice bottle of Vodka." Igor said and looked happy.

"Yeah my brother is too kind." Lev said. "Russ, tell me, who are we picking up at the airport?"

"A guy named Viktor Moscow. He will help us set pressure on the local storeowners in Hove Beach. According to Boris, the guy is very bright too." Ruslan explained.

"Viktor Moscow? Like the capital city? That's funny." Igor said and laughed.

The weather in Liberty City was no better than Russia. It was autumn in the air. Viktor started to zip his jacket the minute he got out from the airport. Then he pulled up a cigarette. He had come to Liberty City from Russia to help a friend of his father named Boris Gregorsky. Boris, together with Viktor's father and a man named Ruslan Gagarin served in the same army unit back in Russia. Together they had killed many people. One time they attacked a small village in Georgia. Viktor's father was nearly killed but was saved by Boris. Saving someone’s life was almost a secret thing for Russians. Viktor's father told Boris that he would do anything for him. A couple of years later Viktor's father died from a disease. However, just right before he died he promised Boris he would return his favour. Boris wanted Ruslan Gagarin dead. He no longer trusted Ruslan and faired that he would try to take over the organization. Because of his father's death, Viktor was the one who would return the favour. That was the reason he had come to Liberty City, to kill Ruslan Gagarin and take his place. However, he had to play by the rules first, take advantage of Ruslan until it was time to kill him.

A black Rubla car with three persons inside stopped next to Viktor. Viktor figured it was Ruslan since Boris had told him he would come to pick him up. He tossed the cigarette at the street and opened the right backdoor. Behind the wheel he recognized Ruslan Gagarin. At the front passenger seat a man with blond hair was sitting. Next to Viktor was a chubby man with big brown eyes.

"There he is, Viktor Moscow. I got to tell you, you look exactly look your old man." Ruslan said as they headed away from the airport.

"Thanks for picking me up, my dad always told me that you were a good friend. I can't wait to be working together with you." Viktor said and tried to sound enthusiastic.

"Meet my boys Igor Tolsky and Lev Glebov." Ruslan said and pointed at the two guys.

"Nice to meet you." Viktor said and tried to sound even more enthusiastic.

"Now let's go and see Boris, I think he might have a job for you." Ruslan said.

THE END OF CAHPTER 1

CHAPTER 2 COMING SOON

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

In response to the recent activity (or lack there-of) from staff members, I would like to welcome Tyla to the BUYG Staff. Please make him feel welcome. Hopefully there will be other members joining the ranks soon, and with them I hope they will bring new life to this topic.

Jacky Fiend starts clapping modestly.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Welcome Tyla! May you bring the force and more activity to us.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

I would also like to welcome vinnygorgeous to the BUYG Staff. Congraulations.

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Tyla here. I've read through all of the stories pending rating, and there's no story now (apart from my own) that needs to be rated, so you can all start submitting your chapters once more.

/Rucke

Garbage Disposal Inc. Chapter One
+$46
A good, well described introduction. I liked the idea of having Gino made as an introduction, and the ceremony was authentically portrayed.

Garbage Disposal Inc. Chapter Two
+$44
Another good chapter. The only minor things are “Swinged” should be said as “Swung”. It would be good if you could use some alternatives to “said” to describe a characters feeling when speaking to another.

Moved to the Cabaret Club

Cabaret Club Chapter One
+$45
A good introductory chapter, introducing a series of characters with potential. The dialogue provided a small insight into the personality of Vedim and Viktor.

/Aragond

Recycling Plant Chapter Two
+$49
To add to the feedback I presented on page 53, the dialogue and descriptive parts were both equally strong, providing an excellent story using a large variety of different words. Very well done, and I look forward to reading more.

/VinnyGorgeous

Leisure Center Chapter Twelve
+$45
A fitting farewell to your time with the Pavano Family. The dialogue was authentic, as were your adaptations of mafia termenology such as “hitting the matresses” and “goumada”.

Moved to Masterson ST Dry Cleaning

/Spank-head69

Kenny Petrovic's Mansion Chapter One
+$40
A solid first chapter, setting up a plot line for your second. It was well described with some good dialogue exchanges between the main character and his two associates. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/StrappedEnd

Dwayne's Apartment Chapter Six
+$34
Things are still moving too quickly, progressing from having a heart attack to moving forward a month, then to being approached by a director and flying to Vice City. This caused me to be confused at the end of your story, not knowing if your character has been permanently killed off or not. However, your descriptive parts such as “My jaw was practically dragged on the ground as we sat down in the luxurious leather chairs” were done pretty well, and more of that, along with a strong plot line in your chapter, will produce big rewards for you.

/ScratchCard

Deli Grocery Tobacco Shop Chapter Eight
+$40
A good chapter, no real faults. I would of preferred the action scenes(such as Caerto being shot) to have been longer, but it was fine as you put it.

Deli Grocery Tobacco Shop Chapter Nine
+$42
Once more, I would of liked the action scenes to have been longer and more descriptive, but again they were fine.

Sabre purchased

All should now have been rated, items have been added to the tables along with money. All that is left is my chapter one for the Pegorino's to be rated. Thank you everyone for your patience. WES2000, you can pick a gang and a location to join them at whenever you want.

- Tyla

StrappedEnd
  • StrappedEnd

Joint Operations 2nd Commader

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

I would like to be moved to the Angels of Death at the burgershot in dukes

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

I want to be added to The Lost MC at their Meth Lab, please.

Also, welcome to the BUYG staff Tyla and vinny smile.gif

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

Just a quick one, WelcomeToLibertyCity you've been added to The Lost MC at the Meth Lab and StrappedEnd you've been moved from the North Holland Hustlers to the Angels of Death at the Beechwood Burger Shot.

Tyla
Pegorino Crime Family Honkers chapter one
$50

Your inaugural chapter, as Aragond already pointed out it's the longest chapter that BUYGIV has seen. You managed to keep the same level of detailed description going through out and I liked that your timeline will run concurrently with the games. Be careful with punctuating your speech, occasionally you forgot to add either a comma or a full stop at the end of the passage of speech.

Rated by Vinny

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:02 PM Edited by vinnygorgeous, 05 July 2009 - 06:10 PM.

user posted image

Masterson Street Dry Cleaning crew chapter one:

This Thing of Ours

For the past thirty years Jon Gravelli has lead the Gambetti family though an unparalleled period of success. We survived the Mafia crackdowns of the eighties and nineties and solidified our position as the number one Cosa Nostra power. The Gambettis more than any other criminal gang profit from all areas of Liberty City’s economy. We control the Broker waterfront with the help of officials from the longshoremen’s union. We get a piece of all major construction projects though our control of the concrete-workers’ union; we get kick backs from retail chains for soft union settlements; we make millions from gasoline-tax rip-offs; we extort millions from companies in the Garment Center; we get payoffs from numerous other industries through our control of truckers’ union locals and we have a monopoly on commercial trash collection through out the four boroughs that has inflated garbage hauling costs by four hundred million a year.

That’s not to say that we have it all our own way, for the first time since the nineteenth century other ethnic gangs are seriously challenging the Mafia’s dominance. The Russian Mafia is developing at a faster pace than anyone could have predicted, and the level of sophistication surpasses even us, gasoline bootlegging would not be possible without Russian expertise. Still though the biggest threat to our dominance is not from the other gangs it's the government and its attack dog the FIB; they've been squeezing us more than any other outside influence, thanks to them our administration is in a legal quagmire. Both our boss and underboss have pending indictments: Jon Gravelli for racketeering and Sammy Botino for murder; Gravelli has been unable to stand trial due to his ailing health and Sammy has avoided trial by lamming it.

Gravelli selected Roy Zito as our acting underboss; smart and fiercely loyal to Gravelli he is the youngest Mafiosi ever to hold a seat on the Commission. His crew is based at the Broker branch of his dry-cleaning chain, he converted the upstairs residence into an old style social club, with a bar, pool table, darts and even a barbers chair for his morning shave and haircut. Since becoming the de facto boss, the day-to-day running of the crew has fallen more and more on his two closest lieutenants, Phil Leonardo and me Vinny Gambetti.

I’m a distant cousin of Carlo Gambetti, the longest serving godfather of this borgata. The family name has opened many doors for me, I got my button when I was just twenty-two and was floated a hundred large the next day to put on the streets in usurious loans; in the six years since then, I have made a small fortune.

There are twenty-three made guys in our crew and about two hundred associates, we’re into everything from loan sharking and gambling to labour extortion and industrial racketeering. There’s not a single brick laid in Broker without us taking our piece. The biggest construction project at the moment is right on our doorstep, between Masterson and Kid Street in Hove Beach. We fixed the bid through the concrete club so we’re getting our two points but that’s split equally with the other four families; we’ve also been given five no-shows and a substantial payoff though our control of the truckers’ union but that’s still not enough, I suppose it’s greed but we’re hoping to make it a hat-trick with an imaginative sideline. Roy had called us into his office to strategise.

“Phil, Vinny, youse two ready?”
“Yeah,” we both said in unison, before Phil went on to say, “Doctor Suarez reckons fifteen guys maybe, could be more, who f*ckin’ knows for sure.”.
“Reverend promised me twenty,” I added.
“Alright, whose down there now?”
“Little Ray.”
“He called yet?”
“Nah.”
“One of youse f*ckin’ call ‘im then!”
With the call on speakerphone Phil dialled Ray Belisario’s number,
“Ray?”
It was just possible to make out Ray’s voice over the vociferous demonstrations,
“Yeah.”
“How many pickets?”
“Gotta be forty or so, I’d say at least that. Aint no workin’ thru this.”

Roy pushed down the receiver ending the call, “Good,” he said, muttering to himself whilst tapping the desk, “hmm,” he began to rummage through the desk drawers, “I know there ‘ere somewhere,” Phil looked at me with a raised eye brow and a wry grin.
“Got ‘em.”
Roy took out a mahogany cigar box from the drawer, “Youse two want one?” we both did and graciously thanked Roy. We all took a moment to savour the first few pulls of the fresh cigars,
“Fifty bucks each these.”
“There good.”
“They f*ckin’ better be for fifty bucks! It’s been two days right? Two days at the site?”
“Yeah.”
“Who’s the paison for the union?”
“Frankie D.”
“I wanna talk with him.”

I left Roy’s office through the door to the social club, there must have been twenty or more guys milling around, “Anyone seen Frankie D?” only a couple of people heard me so I shouted a second time, “hey Frankie D, where the f*ck is he?”. Jimmy Alfieri approached me, “He had a union thing to take care of.”.
“Which union?”
“Didn’t say.”

I explained the situation to Roy and Phil and it was decided that a brief and careful phone call was needed.

“Where you at Frankie?”
“Whose that?”
“Vinny, where you at? I need to talk to you.”
“Firefly Projects, at the scrap yard.”
“I’l be there in ten.”

True to my word I made it there in just under ten minutes. As I pulled in I could see two parked cars, one was a modded Mafia Sentinel, the other was a black Washington, I parked up next to the Washington from where I could see that Frankie was talking to someone by the car stack.

I got out of the car and approached them, Frankie was a silver haired man in his mid fifties, he was wearing a smart black suit and seemed to be waving a piece of paper at the other man; as I got closer I could hear Frankie say, “Forgetta 'bout it, he’s with us. He’s the guy youse need to talk to,” to which the other man replied, “That’s Roy Zito?” earning him a quick rebuttal, “always wiv the names this guy,” by this point I was close enough to join in the conversation. Slightly embarrassed the man quickly introduced himself, “I’m Gregory Malone, of Malone Construction, pleased to meet you,” he paused expecting me to offer my name, “I speak for certain peoples, I don‘t think I need say who,” Malone nodded, smiled briefly before grimacing his way through his request,

“These f*ckin’ minority activists are killing me, they’re picketing my place twenty-four seven; two days I’m down already.”
“who?”
“Reverend James Jones and some Mexican Doctor, Suarez, they’re the ring leaders, not enough minorities employed on site, the usual sh*t. If you could send some guys down to make it uncomfortable for these people.”
“It wont be cheap.”
“C’mon I’m paying you your two points and I gave you five no-show jobs, enough’s enough!”
“Fine, youse had enough bids fixed for you, go be a f*ckin’ citizen.”
“Hey hey wait, calm down alright! just take care of it.”
“Like I says it’s gonna cost ya. C’mon Frankie we gotta go.”
“Sure Vinny. See ya Greg.”

Back at the social club Phil had been organising the muscle for the demonstration bust-up, he had rounded up thirty guys, each with their own baseball bat. Most of the thirty were wannabes who wanted to bolster their reputations as tough guys. We all left through the back door that leads onto Masterson.

From behind the drycleaners it was already possible to hear the commotion from the demonstration. We set off in small groups, as we got closer you could hear the reverend’s distorted voice, amplified through a megaphone, “The black man industrialised Liberty City but we’re still fighting for jobs,”. There was about a hundred pickets armed with placards surrounding the site, the reverend and Suarez and few other pickets had made their way up to the first floor from where they addressed the rampant crowd, “there are over a hundred construction workers on this site and not a Blackman or an Hispanic man among them, why is that? Mr Malone better come down here to explain,” The only workers that were on site had retreated to the top floor, some were retreating over the rooftops and others were hiding along the bridge of the crane. Suarez took the megaphone and started to lead a chant, “What do we want?” the crowd replied with a booming chorus of, “Jobs.” and this was repeated over and over again.

When the first of our group reached the construction site, they were greeted by a hostile protester,
“Whatcha doin’ here? Guido c*cksucker.”
"You want me to f*ck ya mother?"
"What did you say to me? mutha f*cka!"
The young wannabe replied by knocking the man down with his baseball bat. After that a mass brawl broke out, the placards became improvised weapons along with anything else that could be grabbed from the site. It was a messy fight with severe injuries on both sides, one wannabe lost an eye another was beaten so badly he had to be carried away. Surprisingly the cops didn’t show up for some twenty odd minutes but by which time the demonstration had been well and truly busted up. Most of us managed to slip away before the cops could get hold of us, we considered it a success.

The next day I met with the Reverend James Jones under the Algonquin Bridge in BOABO, we stood on the shoreline watching the midst blow across the Humboldt,

“Here’s your end of the demo bust-up,” I passed over a plain bulging envelope.
“Your guys went too far, Winston Cole is in a coma.”
“We got busted up just as bad as youse did, Tony Cicero lost an eye but forget that, how’d you do overall?”
“Malone gave me six no-show jobs.”
“We split it, three each.”
“No! Four, two, in my favour.”
“I’m tryin' to be nice; fifty-fifty split.”
“Hell no! All your guys are in on this, if my guys find out they’ll be after my blood. It’s my neck on the line. Four, two, damn it.”
“Look I’ll speak to the big man, if it were up to me I'd let you have it, but it aint. I'll go talk to him right now, I’ll see you Reverend.”
"Sure Vinny, sure."

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Build Up Your Gang @ Jul 4 2009, 21:43)
The dialogue provided a small insight into the personality of Vedim and Viktor.

Actually the main characters are Ruslan and Viktor, but thanks! smile.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

I was on about "Yeah my brother is too kind." Lev said. - It was a nice little touch on Vedim's nature, especially when it's considered that Vlad was a general arsehole, who looked down on everybody around him.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:07 AM Edited by WES2000, 07 July 2009 - 04:29 PM.

Pegorino's Mansion, please!

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:34 AM

Pegorino Family - Honkers - Chapter Two

"Drive"

Phil sat molded into the plush black leather chair, his cigarette gently weeping smoke from the solid armrest, his wrist leaning over with a limp. He continued gazing forward, focusing his vision on the framed photograph resting on the cold metal desk. Happier times were portrayed in the candid portrait of family life in the good old days, little Anthony grinning away as the sunlight beat down on his Liberty City Swingers baseball cap, and the wooden bat from the accompanying set of merchandise. His loving daughter, Monica, playfully smirking as she clung on to her fathers casual white t-shirt. Janice Bell shunned her duties as a mother, and only appeared as a faint blur in the background, her attention firmly focused on the ice cream man.

Phil’s attention was ripped away from the photo frame as a balled fist hammered at the office door, his relaxed composure vanishing as he tensed his shoulders, rising up from the slouched position he had fixated himself in.

“What, what?” He repeated himself, crushing the cigarette in the ashtray, turning the butt into a pile of smoldering embers.

“Phil,” Tommy slightly opened the door, poking his head around the frame. The full force of the large, lively crowd hit Phil’s eardrums through the gap that presented the brightly lit bar to him, harshly bringing him back to reality. “Lenny T’s been on the horn. He’s tailing Marty Forbes as we speak. Picked him up in Outlook.”

“Good, good. If Lenny brings Marty down here for half ten, we’re all good to go.” Phil responded, Tommy sensing the positivity in his voice.

“Sure he will Phil. Lenny’s a stand up guy.”

The door opening became wider as Tommy staggered to the side, clinging on to the wooden door frame. The drunken youth mistakenly stumbled into him, criss crossing his feet in a daze. The vein in Tommy’s neck popped as his head revolved to the side, coldly beginning to stare at the drunken patron.

“Why don’tcha watch where you’re going?” His tone pounded into the face of the kid, making himself heard above the chanting Electro choc track. The unfortunate adolescent dimly gazed back in response, rolling his eyes side to side as a partially clothed stripper scurried by. Tommy’s mammoth hand grasped the collar of his checkered shirt, raising the size ten Hinterland boots from the ground. The ruckus finished as instantly as it had started, the intoxicated youngster being flung backwards, sprawling onto the bar in a whirl. His back slid down the cold marble, hovering himself from hitting the ground by fixating his fingers to the floor, almost being crushed by the barrage of passing customers treading ever closer. Tommy alternated back to Phil, who was moving a bottle of whiskey through the free desk space created by pushing various litters of paper aside.

“I’ll keep you informed Phil. The bars gonna quieten down about now.”

“Thanks Tommy.” Phil regressed back into his comfortable chair as Tommy closed the door, being immediately confronted by the now enraged drunkard. He brushed down the creases covering his now ruffled shirt, and readied himself to run at Tommy, who instinctively raised his hands in a boxing stance. No sooner than the young man stepped forward, the tattooed clenched fist of a bouncer pulverized into his cheek, disfiguring his lips and sending saliva spitting forwards. His knees trembled as the control over his posture faltered, his arms thrown behind his back in a grapple, the crushing sound of his front deltoids being smashed as he was slammed into the roughly cut brick wall. Another two Bouncers proceeded to the incident from the other side of the bar, standing side by side with their huge arms folded. They slowly advanced on the small crowd gathering, giving them gentle encouragement to leave the premises as the show was over. The Touchy Tuesday gathering slowly dispersed, rushing off to their vehicles scattered across the parking lot, leaving only the transportation of the staff remaining.

A Green Oracle slowly pulled into the courtyard, drifting into a parking space close to the door. The lone occupant removed a flask from the glove compartment, holding it over his dry lips and gulping down the remaining contents of the hard whiskey, just as the golden Sentinel of Frankie Gallo was bought to a stop alongside him. He glanced across with his squinted blue eyes, watching Antonio Rivette and Frank Gallo ascend from their respective seats. They continued exchanging cheap conversation while Frankie armed the car alarm, the flickering of the headlights spreading onto the strangers green fleeced jacket. The two mobsters disappeared through the neon clad entrance, and he turned his sight to a Combat Pistol, finished in a faded shade of dark blue, covered under a front page segment of the Liberty Tree. The first bullet of the nine shot clip clicked into place as he locked the slide, carefully placing the loaded weapon underneath his jacket, well out of view.

While Frankie propped himself up against the bar, waiting for Tommy to finish collecting the empty glasses strewn across the interior, Antonio hovered over the bouncer, watching as he frisked the beaten boy.

“Hey Butch, havin’ fun?”

“Yeah!” Butch the Bouncer growled, pocketing a roll of money taken from the customers back trouser pocket, making the sewn on Lost M.C emblem on the breast of his jacket bulge.

“Good,” Antonio chirped back with a grin “Take it easy now, eh. We don’t want another one of those health and safety enquiries.”

“Sure!” He shouted over his shoulder as Antonio made his way to the bar, checking his gold gnocchi watch; Gerald McReary would be arriving soon. Tommy Shots arrived at the bar, each of his fingers choking the neck of an empty glass.

“Hey Tommy!” Frankie bellowed “How ya doin’ buddy?”

“Just fine,” Tommy stacked the glasses on the bar “Been dancing with Tinkerbell for the past ten minutes or so.”

“That kid over there?” Toni chipped in, pointing his thumb in the direction of the youth.

“Yeah. You guys want drinks?”

“Sure, I’ll have a whiskey. Make it a double,” Rivette smirked, his rubbery pout forming a grin. “What about you, shorts?” He casually patted Frankie on the back.

“Just water, Tommy.”

“Water? What am I gonna do with this kid?” Antonio chuckled, his several chins appearing to melt into his neck.

As Tommy began to extract the small shot of liquor from the bottle, Butch the Bouncer grabbed his victim by the back of the neck, and began to direct him towards the exit.

“Time to leave, f*cko!” He launched the kid forward, throwing him into the wall. His bloodied forehead smashed against the wooden side skirt, sending him crashing to the floor at the brown Moccasins of a man standing over him. His eyes rolled back into their sockets, only able to make out the beaten toecaps before him.

“Watch where your f*ckin’ going!” The man spoke quickly, with a distinct Irish-American accent. He decided to move past the flat out body, entering the strobe lit bar. Tommy caught sight of his entrance over the shoulder of Frankie, and the three men spun around sequentially, watching the guest slowly move forward. Gerald McReary was a large man, standing at the same height as Tommy Shots. His piercing blue eyes stared at each of the mobsters, his auburn mustache twitching as he sensed the faint taste of whiskey baked into his lips.

“Which one of you is Phil Bell?” Lathered in the hard liquor, his voice had a husky undertone.

“None of us,” Tommy rose up to full height from his slouched position over the bar. “You Gerald McReary?”

“That’s right.”

“Wait there.”

Tommy moved from behind the bar and shuffled over to the office door, entering Phil’s room. Phil’s brow rose up in frustration, as his fingers fumbled around the Whiz Wireless phone.

“Phil, Gerald McReary’s out front.”

Phil checked his watch “sh*t, I didn’t realise the time. Bring him through.”

Tommy reverted his stance, walking back to the bar. He gestured to the door as Antonio and Frankie went in ahead, closely shadowing Gerald into the office. The room was large and well decorated, the centrepiece being an expensive pool table, lingering underneath a dim lounge light. The walls were filled of sepia photographs of various cultural icons, including two signed portraits of Love Fist, taken outside of Honkers over ten years ago. Antonio stood next to an ornament hung on the wall; a large fish with a fedora hat on its head. He pushed a small button on the side of the object, producing a small melodic tune. “My name is Luca, Luca Brasi, and now I sleep with the fishes” the electronic voice box played the tune out of the moving lips, much to the amusement of Frankie who began to chalk a Pool Cue. Phil arose from his chair, and stood in front of Gerald to greet him. He held out his arm, and the two men shook hands, looking directly into each other’s eyes, an instant mark of respect.

“I’m Phil. Pleased to meet ya.”

“Likewise. Jimmy said you were a good man.”

“I like to think so,” Phil laughed. “Have a seat.” He directed his hand to a plush brown leather seat, slumping himself back in his own chair as Gerald made himself comfy opposite him.

“So the Peg tells me your unhappy with the Ancelotti Family. They’ve been treating you like dirt?”

“They think that because we’re Irish, we’re something lesser than them. They think we wanna break our backs doing any dirty job so we can pay for our next drink. I don’t accept that.”

“Sure, pal. Neither do we.” Phil responded

“He’s 90% Irish!” Frankie shouted across the pool table, pointing at Phil, much to his embarrassment. However, Bell seized on the moment to show equality amongst the ranks.

“That’s right.”

“But this ain’t about pride. It’s about business. The Ancelotti’s were treating me and my brother like sh*t. We want a better deal.”

“How much were they charging?”

Gerry knew he could say any amount he wanted, but kept his trustful gaze staring directly at Phil.

“20%” The Ancelotti’s were actually charging the McReary’s 35% for work done on their turf. But Gerald hated the idea of paying an Italian family, and wanted to pay as little as possible.

“I can go to 15%.”

“10%.” Gerald began to bargain

“Can’t go no lower than 15%, pal.”

“I wanna know what you’re gonna do for me and my brothers. Packie’s just a kid. But Derrick, he’s got some real problems.”

“We can do a lot for ya,” Phil stood up from his chair, grabbing a pool cue off his nephew. “We know Bucky Sligo is giving your brother Derrick a lotta sh*t.”

Antonio stood next to Gerald with a Pool Cue in hand. Gerry quickly snatched it from his fat, oily hand, and walked over to the pool table where Frankie began to rack the balls up once more.

“Bucky Sligo? What do you know about him?” Gerry quizzed Phil, as it seemed unlikely that the Pegorino’s would mix with Bucky Sligo’s Irish Mob.

“This little dispute you two got going on, it’s bringing a lot of attention to his activity on our turf.” Phil casually knocked the cue ball into the stack of solids and stripes. They scattered all over the table, none of them finding a pocket to rest in.

“So what are ya gonna do? Wipe them out?”

“No, no. We’re gonna hand em’ to you’s on a plate.”

Gerald stroked his well-grown beard, contemplating the thought that Phil had shared. “What’s in this for you?”

“We wipe out a bunch of goons, and we start a budding friendship with a new ally. We both win. Your backs are covered, and so are ours.”

As Gerald was about to continue, the sound of “Drive” by Seven Ways began to rise from Tommy’s black trouser pocket. He ran his hand down the side, pulling out his Badger Cell Phone and answering the call.

“Yeah?”

“It’s Lenny.” A distinct thumping of metal could be heard in the background.

“Lenny, how are ya?”

“We got Marty Forbes in the trunk. Caught up with him in Cerveza, over on Dukes Boulevard.”

“Good.” Tommy moved the phone away from his ear, so that Phil could hear the conversation.

“Where’d you want us to take him?”

“Tell him Steinway Park.” Phil shouted over to Tommy.

“Steinway Park. Wait over at the pier, near to the big building.”

“You got it T, I’ll see ya.”

“Ciao.”

The call ended, Tommy turned back to Phil. “He’s gonna take him over to the park.”

“Great,” Phil enthusiastically commented, resting his forearm on the side of the pool table “Gerry pal, we’re gonna take a drive. We got one of Bucky’s boys, and we’re gonna show you how much we want this alliance. Tommy, start up the car.”

Tommy strolled across from his position leaning against the wall out of the office door, walking through the bar and out into the parking lot.

“You’s two,” Phil gestured to Antonio and Frankie, who were admiring the famous faces pasted all over the walls “Close up here.”

“Sure Philly.” Frankie replied.

Phil threw his arm around Gerald’s back “C’mon, let’s get to the spot.”

*Just for future reference, if anyone can help me out with this, what are the proper names for the two tall buildings in Steinway Park, near to the water that leads over to Bohan? They are like look out towers.

**The "Luca Brasi" fish in the back room of Honkers is a reference to this brilliant video located here. I watched it a long time ago, and it stayed with me so much so that I included it when planning out the back room of Honkers when compared with the same room of the Bada Bing in the Soprano's, where they have a singing fish.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

My old story count should be added from before I left BUYG IV. I told the staff to save it so it will be in their notes somewhere.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jul 6 2009, 03:34)

*Just for future reference, if anyone can help me out with this, what are the proper names for the two tall buildings in Steinway Park, near to the water that leads over to Bohan? They are like look out towers.

Bohan? Steinway Park is to the right of Charge Island, and to the north of East Borough Bridge. Are you talking about those buildings with those weird silver dishes on top of them?

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

They are located around about here

http://snapmap.wikig...le=&set=582,195

Here's a picture, but not of the best quality.

http://i210.photobuc...hoto-0002-1.jpg

No idea what they are. But they are going to play a big part in my next story.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:28 PM Edited by aragond, 07 July 2009 - 03:16 PM.

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 5 2009, 03:15)
In response to the recent activity (or lack there-of) from staff members, I would like to welcome Tyla to the BUYG Staff. Please make him feel welcome. Hopefully there will be other members joining the ranks soon, and with them I hope they will bring new life to this topic.

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 5 2009, 04:56)
I would also like to welcome vinnygorgeous to the BUYG Staff. Congraulations.

Congratulations, guys!
May you not only help propel the participation rate, but further fuel the upward-spiralling literary standards in this topic!

But, may I say:
Last I looked, outstanding complaints were surrounded by tumbleweeds, I began wondering whether it was all over, and then... it's revolution!

. . . This teaches me for going away for the weekend!!!

PS; There's no PS. There never was. You're imagining it. I didn't do it. You can't prove anything... etc... PS; I'm a n00b.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:57 AM

Hey guys, I decided to help and add the Ancelotti Family to the list. wink.gif I've done some careful research, so don't worry, this is pretty accurate.

Ancelotti Family
LocationPropertyGang MemberStory Count
Alderney
Hercules
---
Alderney
Maisonette 9
---
Alderney
Gracie's House
---
Algonquin
Northwood Factory
---
Alderney
Sprunk Factory
---
WeaponsKnife, Pistol
VehiclesSentinel, PMP 600
Money$100
Assets---
Drug Facilities---
Drugs---

Hope there are no problems. Just quote this reply, and copy/paste the table into the second post...

If this is accepted, then I'd like to join "Gracie's House", please.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (WES2000 @ Jul 7 2009, 03:57)
Hey guys, I decided to help and add the Ancelotti Family to the list. wink.gif I've done some careful research, so don't worry, this is pretty accurate.

Ancelotti Family
LocationPropertyGang MemberStory Count
Alderney
Hercules
---
Alderney
Maisonette 9
---
Alderney
Gracie's House
---
Algonquin
Northwood Factory
---
Alderney
Sprunk Factory
---
WeaponsKnife, Pistol
VehiclesSentinel, PMP 600
Money$100
Assets---
Drug Facilities---
Drugs---
Hope there are no problems. Just quote this reply, and copy/paste the table into the second post...

Nice work there but I got one question. Aren't Maisonette 9 and Hercules nightclubs both located in Algonquin?

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:00 AM Edited by vinnygorgeous, 07 July 2009 - 11:02 AM.

They are and they are also both owned by Gay Tony not the Ancelottis, also five slots for the weakest/smallest of the five families seems disproportionate when you look at the Pavanos and Gambetti allocation

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:32 AM Edited by WelcomeToLibertyCity, 07 July 2009 - 11:36 AM.

QUOTE (aragond @ Jul 6 2009, 12:28)
PS;
QUOTE (WelcomeToLibertyCity @ Jul 6 2009, 21:23)
My old story count should be added from before I left BUYG IV. I told the staff to save it so it will be in their notes somewhere.

I think you were logged in as the wrong user. You might want to try that again. wink.gif Or at least tell us who's typing. turn.gif

Um, it's the same WelcomeTolibertyCity who's been typing for the past 9 months... and vinny already delt with it over PM. My old story count is back up from back before December/January.

EDIT: Nice work on the Anceloti family. I would have known they were coming so soon I would've waited to re-join BUYG.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

I really don't think those locations are befitting of the Ancelotti Family. For example, Hercules and Masionette 9 (which are located in Algonquin, not Alderney), are owned by Gay Tony; not the Ancelottis. He is simply an associate of the family.

Secondly, they are known to operate through Fruit Markets in Alderney and the Salvage Yard in Northwood, Algonquin. I think the Ancelotti Family can be added to BUYG following the release of BoGT because after that well will probably know a lot more about them.

For now, though, we already have enough spaces. We are not at a shortage, especially in the Italian Mafia department.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:06 PM Edited by aragond, 07 July 2009 - 03:23 PM.

QUOTE (WES2000 @ Jul 7 2009, 12:57)
Ancelotti Family
LocationPropertyGang MemberStoryCount
Alderney
Hercules
---
Alderney
Maisonette 9
---
Alderney
Gracie's House
---
Algonquin
Northwood Factory
---
Alderney
Sprunk Factory
---
WeaponsKnife,Pistol
VehiclesSentinel, PMP600
Money$100
Assets---
Drug Facilities---
Drugs---

(If there's still massive space between the table and Wes's text, can someone expert in tables please explain that to me? I'm stumped! Oh... hmmm, MAY have fixed it.)

Hi y'all, Heya Wes,
If I may chime-in on this one, I'd like to offer that this has already been discussed, and I summarised everyone's suggestions here, typing:
A groundswell of interest in the Ancelottis coming into being was published with
  • the " waste management plant underneath the Algonquin Bridge on Colony Island ",
  • " the building where Ancelotti capo Tony Black meets Albanian muscle in Little Italy ",
  • the " plant in Northwood used in 'Actions speak louder than words' " (at the top of Algonquin, it exploded at the end of your mission),
  • " Colosseum Butchers in Little Italy. It's on 'Brown Place' in Little Italy ", and
  • " Prestamo's Pawn Star Cash Loans - located in Suffolk on Emerald St. "

...all getting mentions as possible Ancelotti sites.
(Yes, I edited this. And if you're looking for the original posts, read before my summary. I'm not going to bookmark every post. I'm good. I'm not THAT good. colgate.gif )
If the Ancelottis are entered into the BUYG, I just don't want people's previous efforts lost.

Secondly, and I know it's kinda a hobby-horse of mine, but I'm not really sure Gracie's place ought to be counted as an Ancelotti asset. She's a civilian, and not even an associate. They wouldn't dare use her place for planning stuff, would they?
Just a thought.

QUOTE (WelcomeToLibertyCity @ Jul 7 2009, 21:32)
Um, it's the same WelcomeTolibertyCity who's been typing for the past 9 months...

Ignore me, dude.
For reasons unknown my eyes saw "WelcomeToLibertyCity", my brain saw "Build Up Your Gang". mercie_blink.gif
Sorry, I am apparently whacked-out on something. blush.gif (Probably lack of sleep.)

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 7 2009, 14:09)
I really don't think those locations are befitting of the Ancelotti Family. For example, Hercules and Masionette 9 (which are located in Algonquin, not Alderney), are owned by Gay Tony; not the Ancelottis. He is simply an associate of the family.

Secondly, they are known to operate through Fruit Markets in Alderney and the Salvage Yard in Northwood, Algonquin. I think the Ancelotti Family can be added to BUYG following the release of BoGT because after that well will probably know a lot more about them.

For now, though, we already have enough spaces. We are not at a shortage, especially in the Italian Mafia department.

Alright, so maybe we should replace the clubs with the salvage yard and the fruit markets?

That could work out.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'd rather go with the Waste Management Plant in Northwood than the Salvage Yard, to be honest. The Salvage Yard belongs to the Angels of Death(according to Pretty Boy in Lost and Damned), and the Waste Management Plant is right next door, so a possible storyline could be formed out of that. I do agree with Aragond concerning Gracie's House. There wouldn't be much material to base a storyline around, unless you were Gracie's lap dog, as it's been rightly pointed out, she is just a civilian. The Colosseum Butchers that I mentioned would be much better, it could even be an equivalent of "Satriale's" in The Soprano's.

I can't see the Ancelotti's being added until the Ballad of Gay Tony comes out. I'm pretty sure we'll add the Northwood Dominicans, when BOGT comes about, but right now, we do have a LOT of free space in the Mob Families as Jacky said. When adding the Ancelotti Family was originally proposed, the Pegorino's were full(bar one property), the Gambetti's were full, and Vinny was at the helm of the Pavano Family. Unless those three are filled up, I can't see the Ancelotti's being added any sooner.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Mm. Adding locations was harder than I originally thought!

Well then, whatever, they can be added in a couple of months, then.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

It could be quicker if places in the other gangs are snapped up. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm confident they will be.

And thanks for your interest, WES. I look forward to reading your BUYG stories in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users