2,323 replies to this topic
aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Feb 27 2009, 20:29)
QUOTE (Build Up Your Gang @ Feb 27 2009, 08:55)
Choose any vehicle under $500 and you will get it for free.

Okay, I'll take the Coquette.

Since the Coquette is now $900, does that mean between now and February 27, cars have almost doubled in price? I thought it was only by 20%?
And did that $500 go up by 20% (or 80+%) as well?

(I was just wondering how the Peg's managed to afford a $900 car!)

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (aragond @ Jun 22 2009, 11:30)
QUOTE (Rucke @ Feb 27 2009, 20:29)
QUOTE (Build Up Your Gang @ Feb 27 2009, 08:55)
Choose any vehicle under $500 and you will get it for free.

Okay, I'll take the Coquette.

Since the Coquette is now $900, does that mean between now and February 27, cars have almost doubled in price? I thought it was only by 20%?
And did that $500 go up by 20% (or 80+%) as well?

(I was just wondering how the Peg's managed to afford a $900 car!)

I can see that you're really into this, quoting things back from february. The only thing I remeber about that was that I could afford the Coquette wink.gif

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

The following members have been removed from BUYG due to inactivity:
  • Aussiebushmatt (0)
  • bananaseed (0)
  • BlackBellik (1)
  • Chunk (3)
  • deathhunterex (1)
  • Derelict Frog (5)
  • evog (0)
  • Forelli_Boy (1)
  • Little-Jacob (0)
  • mark-2007 (3)
  • Oblivionz (0)
  • qqf. (0)
  • sam33 (1)
  • Scifen (0)
  • Unoriginal44 (3)
  • VinnieLeone (0)
  • Wanted Assailant (7)
  • zavier (0)
If any of the aforementioned members would like to rejoin BUYG please say so and we will reinstate you in your former gang with the correct story count.

In the mean time though, gentlemen, there is a total of 17 NEW spaces in BUYG IV. Anybody who would like to change places may do so now, as you may have been limited beforehand. That also means that new members can come and join some of our more popular gangs.

Good luck everyone, and keep up the writing. smile.gif

updated by JackyFiend

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

Can you sign me up at Honkers for the Pegorino Family please?. I've had a lot of inspiration for that particular location, and would love to write for it.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

I have two questions....

1. When will we be rated?

2. When will you guys add the Ancelotti Family?

westrem
  • westrem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:59 PM Edited by westrem, 25 June 2009 - 05:02 AM.

Looks good, i might join!

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:44 PM Edited by vinnygorgeous, 23 June 2009 - 01:12 PM.

Pavano Crime Family
Leisure Center Crew

33With a Bullet

For the first time since the Ancelotti wars, the Liberty City Mafia was hitting the mattresses with two of the Five Families embroiled in bloody internal conflicts, the Gambettis and the Pavanos.

The Gambettis looked as though they would have a peaceful ascension when underboss Sammy Bottino returned from Vice City to assume the title but less than twenty four hours later he was grabbed by the feds from his safe house in Broker. With Bottino out of the way Roy Zito became the acting boss and attempted to solidify his position by eliminating his main rivals. Joseph and Dominic Cangelosi’s bodies were found stuffed in the trunk of a car in East Hook. He also clipped Jerry Benevolenta, a senior capo who had run the Gambetti carting business for fifty years. He was one of the original Moustache Petes and at the age of 86 had built up good relationships with gangsters and civic leaders all over town. Whacking him ruffled a lot of feathers and started a lot of people thinking about Zito as a potential problem.

In our own Family the purge of the borgata‘s fast track mobsters was in full swing, not a day went past without another body turning up. On Tuesday two more of Valvona’s crew were clipped, Joey Maloney and Richie Esposito; ambushed outside the Triangle Club in Bohan. On Wednesday Arthur Zapulla’s son was gunned down outside his Dukes home. On Thursday Mario Venturella’s body was washed up on the Alderney shore of the West River and on Friday Antony and Carmine Devanzati were gunned down coming out of an Ancelotti brothel in Easton.

There were still another thirty guys marked for death, but by the end of the week most of them had regrouped under Calogero Squillante‘s flag. Two of the out of town factions also sided with Squillante and are rumoured to be sending fresh triggermen to bolster his ranks; among them the Las Venturas faction to which my brother Carmine belongs. But no matter how much internal support he can muster up he will never be recognised as the official boss without the Commission’s permission.

I was at my goumada’s place in Suffolk when I got a call from Carmine Spoleto, a capo in the Ancelottis, “Vinny, my friend I have something for you.” Spoleto’s crew was also based in Little Italy, just around the corner from the Leisure Center, we were friendly with his crew but I wouldn’t have said we trusted each other. “What is it Carmine?” I calmly asked, while taking a cigar from the bed side cabinet.
“I hear you guys are looking for Artie?”
“Yeah where is the big guy?”
“He’s with friends of ours.”
“Meet me at Marios in half an hour.”
“I’ll be there fella.”
I lit the cigar, took a drag and the let the smoke gently roll out of my mouth. My goumada, Marissa, was staring at me, “So I suppose your leaving?”.
“It’s business,” I told her, “there’s nothing I can do.”
“You always do this, even though you promised but I suppose your promises don’t mean sh*t. I play second fiddle to your wife and your gangster friends, well I have had enough. If you walk out the door we are finished.”
“You knew the deal when you got with me, I’m married, I’ve got kids, and you knew the deal with my work and you should know better, do you really think this a nine to five job, c’mon babe.”
“you’re a two bit hood and cheap guinea bastard, I’m Vinny Gorgeous, that’s a joke your Vinny the pig.”
I took a roll of hundred dollar bills and threw them in her face, she responded by launching the bed side lamp at my head, “I’m not your whore, I don’t want your money.” if I hadn’t of been in a hurry I probably would have done something I would have regretted; but as things were, I just left. I hopped in my Sentinel and made the short drive to Little Italy, the roads were icy, as winter was really starting to bite.

I parked (illegally) on Denver Avenue and made my way to Marios. Spoleto had already arrived, “What happened to your head? Your bleeding.”
“Marissa D’Amato happened to my head.”
“You should get that seen to, you may have concussion. ”
“So where is our consigliere rat f*ck?”
“He is scared, he knows you want him dead, he has no crew to back him up so he came to us.”
“How do you want this done?”
“By you no one else, just you. ”
The situation was starting to make me nervous, I wasn’t particularly worried about getting whacked, there was no reason for the Ancelottis to side with Squillante; but I was worried about Spoleto having dirt on me, the threat of a murder indictment is an effective bargaining chip when your asking for a favour.
“Fine.”

We made the short journey to the Spoleto crew headquarters, down the alley off Feldspar Street in Little Italy. We were greeted by a short balding guy smoking a menthol cigarette, “Carmine, this your friend?”.
“Yeah this is Vinny Salvato he’s a friend of ours.”
Carmine gestured towards a door down a narrow corridor, “He’s down there.” I took out my Glock and checked the magazine before nodding to Carmine then heading down the corridor. The door was unlocked and lead to what looked like an empty room, with a television on one wall, and pictures scattered all around, I recognised the man featured in many of them, it was Antony ‘Tony Black’ Spoleto, Carmine’s dead brother. I started to check the room when I was suddenly startled by a voice, “Vinny” I spun round to see Zapulla behind me, Beretta in hand, several things went through my head in that split second: was I set up, did I f*ck up, but the lasting thought was of my son and the first time that I held him in my arms. I squeezed the trigger and fired two shots but at the same time I felt the wind knocked out of me, followed by a burning sensation in my chest and arm, . The pain soon changed to an overwhelming urge to sleep, I collapsed on my knees, time seemed to slow down, everything became blurry even sound, but I could still recognise gun shots, lots of gun shots. I slowly drifted away into unconsciousness, collapsed on the floor, I could just make out the words, “We got him.”

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

This was a hard decision as I was really enjoying my Pavano story but the Gambettis are just too tempting, I'm jumping ship, sign me up for the masterson st dry cleaners, I'll finish the Pavano story in writers discussion probably

StrappedEnd
  • StrappedEnd

Joint Operations 2nd Commader

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:12 PM

@BUYG staff: i dont suppose someone could rate some stories could they? colgate.gif

aragond
  • aragond

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:18 AM Edited by aragond, 25 June 2009 - 02:56 PM.

QUOTE (??? @ Jun 25 2009, 04:45)
I'd raise the issue in the topic itself matey. icon14.gif  

Thanks, mate, I will do just that. smile.gif

And, Rucke, thanks for noticing. biggrin.gif
Just doing my research. But it seems I'm full of difficult questions. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Seeking the considered and wise opinion of BUYG staff:

Have y'all noticed that even though there are sixteen ounces to a pound, buying a pound of grass costs less than seven times the price for buying an ounce?

And this is all through the drugs table. A pound of blow is six times the price of an ounce. A pound of crack is less than three times the price per ounce. Five and a half times for Heroin pound-to-ounces. Likewise meth'. And though eight times the weight, an ounce of coke costs less than four times a ball.

(The only exception to this is ecstacy, where buying one-hundred individual tabs is cheaper than buying a 100-pill baggy.)

No, look, I'm not criticising someone's maths. I've heard of bulk discounts.

I mean, the price scale IS how the drug-industry works: Luis in Colombia sells his forty tonnes of yay-yo to the CIA tounge2.gif , they break it down into kilograms, their wholesalers into pounds, dealers into ounces, and then street-dealers into balls, all the while the price-per-gram rises and rises. So, I'm kinda guessing that was what staff were thinking about.

Which then gets me thinking: "Shouldn't a gang then be buying a pound of Mary Jane for $1,100 and sell it as sixteen individual ounces for $3,840, rather than as a total pound for $1680?" I mean, sell it as a pound and what has the gang actually done for the price difference?

Sure, I accept, that probably means they WOULD have to come up with sixteen individual "sell stories", but if they could do that, would it actually BE against the rules??? Indeed, reflecting real-life, wouldn't it be encouraged?

Why does this come up? I was future-planning* to write stories in my overall arc around buying six ounces of reefer in a single buy and then sell them individually, in the same way the drug industry does, and drag out seven or eight stories out of the total transaction. But then I realised the price for buying six ounces was ALMOST the same as buying a pound, and it just sounded wrong.

* That's my way of saying "No, I'm not planning to do this next story and exploit the money-making of drugs without putting in a few more stories." I understand staff retiscence to see drugs get used as an easy money-maker.

Please, I've no desire to exploit nuthin', I am interested in understanding this.

owend
  • owend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

I have a question about the Hillside Posse; are they all Jamaicans? Or are they mixed?

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (owend @ Jun 25 2009, 19:04)
I have a question about the Hillside Posse; are they all Jamaicans? Or are they mixed?

It's up to you. You can form your story however you want, that's the beautiful thing with BUYG.

owend
  • owend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Jun 25 2009, 21:23)
QUOTE (owend @ Jun 25 2009, 19:04)

It's up to you. You can form your story however you want, that's the beautiful thing with BUYG.

Oh my, it is beautiful!

But I can't join because it takes me a while for story ideas to get into my head. ;-;

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

I've changed my mind, since most of The Lost MC members have been removed, I'd liek to write for them. But I'm just confused on a location, where are the meth lab and the ammunition located? I don't own the Lost and Damned so I'm not to keen on their locations, members, etc.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (WelcomeToLibertyCity @ Jun 26 2009, 21:05)
But I'm just confused on a location, where are the meth lab and the ammunition located?

Places I made up to add some more property for the Lost. It's up to you where they are located. tounge.gif

aragond
  • aragond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:05 AM Edited by aragond, 28 June 2009 - 07:22 AM.

At the risk of getting annoying (yeah, but, it was a week ago that I last did this)... The last ratings were on June 15th, and since then:
  • Rucke still needs his sixth chapter for the Spanish Lords rated.
  • Osric posted his third chapter for the Petrovic Bratva.
  • Osric then asked to purchase a Combat Pistol .
  • StrappedEnd posted his fourth chapter Parts one and two for the North Holland Hustlers.
  • aragond posted his second part of his first episode of Family Rising, aka the Pegorinos.
  • ScratchCard was granted a stay-of-execution (or of punitive-monetary-deduction) over his illegal use of the red sabre on account of him 'fessing up as soon as he realised it by staff -member, Rucke.
  • ScratchCard then posted his second and third chapter for the Albanian Mob.
  • Rucke , having decided to leave the Spanish Lords and return to the Pegorinos, posted his Inaugural and second chapter for his second series with the Pegorinos.
  • vinniegorgeous posted his twelth and final chapter for the Pavano crime family, indicating that he would henceforth like to move to the Gambetti's Masterson St Dry Cleaners position recently freed-up by staff.
In OTHER news...
  • JackyFiend declared his return as staff to the BUYG!
  • aragond, watching a bunch of new names, that verged close to his, appear in Rucke's new work, panicked and pre-empted any possibility of accidentally using someone else's names by posting all those he'd written about in yet-to-be-published stories.
  • Someone named spdrlfc asked to join at the Steinway Beer Garden.
  • Tyla asked to join at the Peg's Honkers location.
  • evog asked to change over to another gang, but was informed he would, indeed, have to write five stories for his current gang first.
  • Still causing trouble, aragond asked how the Peg's got the Coquette vehicle in Rucke's 20th story deal when the car costs $900. He assumed the car rose in price (albeit by 80% or more) as part of the earlier-in-the-year inflation, but asked whether the 20th story $500 car also increased when that inflation hit?
  • Staff (Jacky) cleaned out the abandoned gang slots, giving seventeen new spaces
  • Not done causing trouble, aragond wrote a great long question about drugs in BUYG IV
  • Rucke, as staff, confirmed that The Lost's "meth lab" and "Ammunition" were "make up whereever you'd like them to be" locations in Liberty City.
Any errors? You know where to find me!

PS; Twelve days is the fifth-longest wait, and ten stories awaiting rating is the third highest number the lucky staff member will have to plough through.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

And I'd like to join the Pegorino Family at Honkers, please. Not trying to sound like an arsehole, but I've tried to join BUYG IV before and it never happened for some reason - I don't want to miss the opportunity a second time.

aragond
  • aragond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jun 27 2009, 19:25)
And I'd like to join the Pegorino Family at Honkers, please. Not trying to sound like an arsehole, but I've tried to join BUYG IV before and it never happened for some reason - I don't want to miss the opportunity a second time.

Tyla, the way joining BUYG works is kinda first-come-first-grabs-the-open-slot. You do not need to wait to be allocated the location in order to begin: just start posting stories for that location and you have officially taken possession. Once your story is rated, staff will then add your name to the "front-page" as being the participant at that location. The only way someone else can take that location out from under you is if they post a story at that location before you. So, get cracking! smile.gif

Simple huh?
If that wasn't made clear the first time you tried in April, well, sorry but I wasn't around back then. wink.gif

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

This place has gone ignored too long. I PM'd all of the staff and I am awaiting a reply from all of them except one! angry.gif

Something is soon going to have to happen... you can't just make a topic like this and ignore it completely.

I'm staff of the SA BUYG and I'd love to help out but I'm afraid I'm not as smart with gangs and stuff when it comes to GTA 4. I don't know, but if someone doesn't help soon I'll see what I can do.

Colt M14
  • Colt M14

BUYGIV: Spanish Lords

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (WelcomeToLibertyCity @ Jun 28 2009, 05:18)
This place has gone ignored too long. I PM'd all of the staff and I am awaiting a reply from all of them except one! angry.gif

Something is soon going to have to happen... you can't just make a topic like this and ignore it completely.

I'm staff of the SA BUYG and I'd love to help out but I'm afraid I'm not as smart with gangs and stuff when it comes to GTA 4. I don't know, but if someone doesn't help soon I'll see what I can do.

But you know, there would be heaps of people to volunteer at first chance.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

I apologize. You've got to take into consideration that Build Up Your Gang is something us staff do it our spare time. These last couple of months have been exam month for a lot of people and myself included has been very busy working overtime and looking for a full-time job. I've not exactly been in the mood to read stories everyday, but for that I do apologize.

I've contacted some of my fellow staff members and we will hopefully get the remaining stories and updated done tomorrow. I'm in work from 8AM to 12PM GMT and unless anything else comes up I should be able to get those stories rated and hopefully post my first chapter for whichever gang I choose to write for next.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

@Aragond: Took your advice. Here's the first chapter. I was just wondering why I had been missed out on your list: THE lists which tell all and that everyone wants to be on. blush.gif

Anyway. Without further a do.

Pegorino Family - Honkers - Chapter One

“Come on, come on” Frankie Gallo peered across through the passenger side window, anxiously tapping his fingers in a synchronized manner on the sun kissed leather steering wheel. He could barely make out the shadow of his accomplice through the window of the Deli, the transaction taking place obscured by special offer promotions plastered across the display. Frankie checked his cheaply made Pro-Laps Sports Watch, brushing minuscules of sweat from his forehead with his palm, resuming his upright position in the expensive German leather seat as things started to get heated inside.

The shop owner grunted in pain as his blood sprinkled across the checkout, the newly formed wound exploding with claret was his reward for refusing to pay protection. The assistant, a short, weedy Asian woman, stood frozen in a frail state of shock as Antonio Rivette pointed the Glock pistol at her chest. He slowly started advancing as her eyes began to moisten, weeping tears of fear, deeply concentrating on the blur of Antonio’s dark brown pupils, watching her own suffering unfold.

“What’s your name?” He quizzed, gently floating the weapon to the height of her neck. Her bottom lip trembled, her throat dry, she attempted to tell him but failed, unable to speak a word as the terror prolonged.

“What’s your f*ckin’ name!” She jumped back and began to sob uncontrollably as Rivette pounced forward, grabbing her by her black locks of hair and pushing the Pistol deeper into her temple.

“Miriem!” She gasped, screaming at him in her high-pitched voice. Her co-operation didn’t bring her saviour, her body thrown back against the wall, she slowly trickled down to the cold blue tiles, pulling her knees in close to her face and hugging them in the faint hope that this would be all over soon.

Antonio turned the weapon back to the owner, who himself had began sobbing at the sight of his loyal assistants ordeal. Searching inside the deep pockets of his dark blue coat, Antonio removed an empty brown envelope and slid it across the counter to the feeble hands of the owner.

“Two G’s go in the envelope, or Miriem gets pasted all over your shop!” He spoke with uncompromising authority, leisurely waving his free hand at her, mimicking a farewell wave and grinning, seeing a sick sense of humour in watching her eyes squash together in an oasis of tears. The shop owner began to scrape together every last note from the till, his fingers turning red at the pace at which he was removing his hard fought earnings. Satisfied with seeing each note from the cash register stuffed into his envelope, Rivette held out his mammoth hand, and clutched the package as he received it. The shop owner dropped his head in shame, breaking every personal moral he held by giving into the Mafia, his shoulders dropped in a slouch, gently beginning to weep.

Miriem’s screams echoed through the stacked shelves on each thin spaced isle as his body hit the checkout like a rag doll, the sweeping backhand blow with the Pistol sending him sprawling, his hand clutching onto the corner, his last finger giving way as each final amount of strength he possessed vanished with his ascent into unconsciousness. Antonio’s patterned brown loafer shoved Miriem aside, his massive feet traveling over to the locked door, then freeing himself from the enclosure of the Deli, getting back into his accomplices car.

“What took you so long?” Frankie asked in amazement, in sequence with Antonio placing himself in the passenger seat, the suspension of the sports coupe lowering, struggling to cope with the huge weight of his obese frame. The V6 engine responded with a roar, ticking over in a sweet symphony as it began to move along the Leftwood Street.

“A guy’s gotta have his fun Frankie, and the sooner you learn that the better” Antonio replied in an arrogant tone, proud of his actions in the Deli.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“All I’m saying is, Frank, the quicker you stop running around after your Ma and sister, the more fun your gonna start having”

“Ah c’mon Toni, you know I gotta help them out”

“No, you don’t…”

“Yeah I DO” Frankie placed extra emphasis on his response, trying to show Antonio that his values could not be changed.

“It’s holding you back. The sooner you stop playin’ taxi driver, the quicker you’ll get your button”

“I don’t worry about that. Uncle Phil knows when the time is right, Y’know?”

“Maybe. Maybe he’ll take pity on you. How’s Philly anyway? I don’t wanna be walkin’ into a dragons den here”

“He’s alright. My aunt’s still being a bitch to him, won’t let him see the kids”

“Christ she does sound like a bitch” Antonio rolled the window down, and lit a cigar, the embers igniting with the flickering flame of his pocket lighter.

“She’s a pushy one. I hate broads like that. She tried to tell me to stay away from Phil”

“What right has she got to get involved in your life? Tell me you grew a pair, and told her to back the f*ck off?”

“Nah, man. I just sat and played dumb”

“Played? You don’t have to play to be dumb”

“I just took no notice of her. I don’t need to argue with her. Ma don’t need the stress”

Antonio gave up the conversation, choosing instead to blow thick clouds of cigar smoke from the window, watching them escalate into the atmosphere. The chewed and crushed remains of the cigar hit the road, the evening breeze carrying it into the gutter, which was strewn with loose, misplaced bolts and screws that accumulated after falling off the back of delivery trucks leaving the warehouse behind it.

The flickering pink neon visage of Honker’s Gentleman’s Club beat down on the chrome, all golden paintwork of the Sentinel, as Frankie pulled the car to a stop alongside the lonely parked traffic; the car park appearing like a Ghost Town with only one vehicle tucked neatly into a corner.

The frame of the Sentinel gave a sigh of relief as Antonio rose up from his seat, following Frankie across the large free space of tarmac. A purple halo seemed to surround Frankie’s body, the neon’s dancing off his beaten black Leather Jacket as he strolled closer and closer to the door.

Inside, Honker’s was empty, spare four people. Two men stood confident and dominant, exchanging meaningless conversation over the bar. They were Phil Bell and Tommy Carbone, both high-ranking members of the Pegorino Family. Phil stuffed his left hand into the pocket of his black slacks, which matched the color of the sweater he wore underneath his tan brown suit, and slowly sipped from the whiskey filled glass in the other. Behind closed doors, the vibe of Honker’s changed. The trance sounds of Electro Choc had been replaced with the hard hitting eighties guitar work of Mick Mars; Motley Crue’s “Wild Side” grasped the attention of the room from the speakers placed in either corner, the high adjusted bass shaking the very ground that Gallo and Rivette entered the Club on. In the corner of his eye, Tommy noticed the duo entering the venue, and informed Phil, who had anxiously been awaiting their arrival.

The two men towered over the short and squat Phil, who although he wasn’t tall, still possessed an uncompromising frame. He brushed his thinning blonde hair back with his hand, and greeted his associates with an embrace.

“There you two are! I was wondering if you’s were gonna show”

“Old man Valachi decided to be a dick with the pay packet” Antonio reverted to an excuse, trying not to displease Phil.

“But you got it all, right?”

“Oh yeah” Rivette slipped his hand into his pocket, and handed the money stuffed envelope to Phil in a clench of hands.

“Good, good. Now let’s talk.” Phil threw his hands around the two men’s shoulders, and began to walk over to the bar.

“Tommy! Rack em’ up, pal”

Tommy “Shots” Carbone stacked four shot glasses on the bar, and began to pour lenient amounts of Tequila into each. Tommy Shots earned his nickname because of his part time occupation as the bartender of Honker’s. The right hand assistant of club manager Phil Bell, he had been employed to show legal documentation of his earnings for the family. An imposing figure, standing the tallest of the four, his dark blue shirt hugged his powerfully developed arms and shoulders as he placed the bottle of Tequila back under the counter. Tommy was a people’s person, and had always wanted to be an entertainer. Working the bar was the closest he ever came to achieving his dream. He playfully grinned as the lone stripper leant her fleshy nude assets close to his face, sending her back into her trance with a cheeky wink of his eye. The Tequila soon vanished down the throats of the men, instantly awakening each of their senses.

“Talk about an eye opener, eh?” Frankie grinned, trying to act if the high proof shot was not burning his throat.

“You take after your mother Frankie. Back in the day, she’d be screwed after a couple of shots” Phil patted him on the back.

“Literally” Tommy leaned in, to the amusement of Phil.

“Oh, so it used to take Aunt Janice the whole bottle to take you home?” The young man hit back to the roars of laughter from Antonio and Tommy, leaving Phil red faced.

“f*cking smart-ass” Phil failed to see the funny side, but was soon given another drink by Tommy, who sensed that Phil should be calmed down before things got heated.

“Considering the Irish in you, no wonder you can drink the bar dry” Frankie carried on the banter, to the extended chagrin of his uncle.

“Yeah, keep going, keep going…”

The atmosphere remained tense for a moment, Frankie instead focusing his gaze at the lone customer at the other end of the bar. The man worked as a Bouncer at Honker’s, and was a member of The Lost M.C, who worked at the club under friendly circumstances with the Pegorino Family. His long, greasy hair drooped to shoulder length, resting on his leather-patched waistcoat.

“Talking about the Irish..” Phil ignited the conversation once more, cutting through the atmosphere like a hot knife through butter, bringing the four men in close, gathering around Phil. Instinctively, Tommy turned the music louder, the speakers belting out “Touch too much” by AC/DC with all capability. Phil, of late, had been increasingly paranoid about wiretaps. Obscuring the possibility of conversations being caught by playing loud music, Phil carried on as Antonio, Frankie and Tommy listened in with their full attention.

“The Peg wants us to meet with the Irish Mob big man, Gerald McReary.”

“McReary?” Antonio wondered “Those guys from Dukes?”

“Right.”

“But Phil, they’re working for the Ancelotti’s” Frankie asked, confused at the prospect of a sit-down.

“Not any more. The two of them parted company on bad terms. The Peg thinks we can use the McReary’s, instead of that idiot Bucky Sligo”

“Bucky Sligo? That half-baked bastard from Leftwood? He hates the McReary’s!” Frank was oblivious to the conversation.

“He’s got a point, Phil” Tommy chipped in. “The two of them could end up fighting on our turf”

“Yeah, yeah I know. But the Peg wants it done. And if the Peg wants it done, it’s got to be done.” He sighed, finishing the remaining drops of his second drink.

“So what’s going to go down?”

“Gerald is going to come here for a sit-down and we’re gonna work on him working for us. If all goes well, the Peg wants us to introduce him to Ray”

“Ray? Man, this Irish guy is going to want to smash Ray’s face in as soon as he catches sight of him” Frankie moaned, feeling he was raising a valid point.

“Sure. But Ray is a Capo. And don’t you forget it”

“When’s this going down, Phil?” Antonio questioned, eager to be involved.

“Tuesday, 10pm. I want you all there and on your best behavior. We’ve got to make the guy feel relaxed, make him think working for us will be a benefit to him. More to him than us. Tommy’s going to clear up the lounge. I want you all here an hour before. And bring a bat each.”

“Why? Are we gonna jump on this guy?” Frankie was eager to impress.

“No, you idiot. Just leave it to me.”

“Ok Phil”

“Me and Tommy have business to take care of. I’ll see you’s two around.”

Phil turned around to face Antonio and Frankie, embracing them once more before looking directly to the door, his direct stare hinting that they should leave that very second. Antonio wadded off slowly to the Sentinel, followed by Frankie, the lights once again making him look like a Christmas tree, shining down on his gold Cuban chain.
The music died, the venue was cleared. Each car disappeared into the night, leaving the venue in a mask of darkness, becoming a blur of the landscape.

aragond
  • aragond

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:21 AM Edited by aragond, 28 June 2009 - 07:37 AM.

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jun 28 2009, 15:09)
@Aragond: Took your advice. Here's the first chapter. I was just wondering why I had been missed out on your list: THE lists which tell all and that everyone wants to be on.  blush.gif

Oh. wow.gif My apologies.
Corrected.
(I'm assuming you're buttering me because my list doesn't really count for jack officially, afaik. But, thanks anyway.)

Btw, 2250 words for a first story. You saved any words for the next few? mercie_blink.gif lol.gif WOW!

Nice effort, btw. Took a while to realise it was set back when Jimmy was still around. You've got some nice phrasework in there (eg; " sun kissed leather steering "), and Antonio and Frankie are nicely developing characters. Look forward to more.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

I wouldn't go as far as buttering up. I'd just say it was out of respect. As the staff are busy, when they do get time to rate, your collections of what's going on make it that little bit easier for them. And therefore that makes things tick over smoothly for everyone else.

I think it's actually the longest BUYG story I've written out of the 10(9 for the Forelli's in the SA version). Normally the Forelli stores are done in three MS word pages, sometimes they spill out onto the forth, but this one went onto the fifth. In IV terms of timeline, I think it's set before everything happens in the storyline, but around the time of the start of TLAD. I'm going to try and explore a lot of loose ends in my work for this. Thanks for the feedback icon14.gif

Build Up Your Gang
  • Build Up Your Gang

Join BUYG Today!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

I will update the rest later. Please bear with me. There is a lot to get through.

Rucke
Spanish Lords
    Chapter 6
    +$49

Interesting narrative though the story lacked description. The dialogue was lackluster at time and you made quite a few mistakes concerned tenses.
$616+$49=$665

---

Osric
Petrovic Bratva
    Chapter 3
    +$40

The narrative with a bit weak and moved too quickly as some places. I never got a feel for the story and everything seemed to happen at double-speed.
    Combat Pistol Purchased
    -$150
$305+$40-$150=$195

---

StrappedEnd
North Holland Hustlers
    Chapter 4
    +$35

I couldn't help but laugh at the rushed sex scene and sigh in disbelief at the even more rushed murder and arrest scene.
    Chapter 5
    +$32

That dialogue was pretty weak and the story was rushed.
$520+$35+$32=$587

updated & rated by Jacky Fiend

StrappedEnd
  • StrappedEnd

Joint Operations 2nd Commader

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:29 AM Edited by StrappedEnd, 01 July 2009 - 08:35 PM.

North Holland Hustlers
Chapter 4 Part 3

I awoke in an icy cold sweat laying on a hospital bed. A gorgeous nurse was checking my pulse. I slowly opened my eyes and took a deep breath. I look away from the nurse and see Libby asleep in a hospital chair.

"Wh...What happened?" I slowly and barely coherantly asked the nurse.

"You had a heart attack honey," she answered noticing my confused look " your heart had a hole in it and it finally gave out when you got up too quick. You're lucky the cocaine and alcohol didn't kill you."

A month and a new heart later I was out of the hospital and back to my horrible life. I was sitting on my stoop and decided to go on a walk. I decided to travel over to Central Park in Algonquin to get some good quality non-polluted air. I was just sitting on a bench on the sidewalk when a big black limo pulled up and the rear window rolled down to reveal a millionaire movie director.

"Hey son!" he hollered in my direction.

"Me?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"Yeah son you! Get in the limo" he answered.

Who would refuse a free ride in a limo? I quickly got up and opened the door and slid in next to the director.

"Hello my name is Duncan Hildebrand and I think you would be perfect in my new movie, 'Gutter Life', you'll be the star. It's about a young man who goes through life changing events and ends up living in the slums dirt poor and sad as hell. He then goes onto a game show and wins millions of dollars. He then saves a few million for himself but donates and spends the rest in order to pull that slum out of poverty and into one of the nation's most beautifull suburbs. Whadaya say?" he rattled off.

All I could get out of my mouth was a couple of 'um's and uh's'. Duncan quickly offered to pay me millions of dollars and he hasn't seen me act or anything.

"We will shoot tomorrow in Vice City and the both of us will be on my Bombadier and on our way to Vice City in a few hours." Duncan explained.

I was still in shock as we both boarded the plane. My jaw was practically dragged on the ground as we sat down in the luxurious leather chairs.

Half way to Vice City the plane hit a nasty storm. Lightning was shooting off all around us. The pilot wasn't aware of the hurricane strikeing Vice City at the moment. We were just a few hundred feet off the ground when lightning struck the left engine causeing it to erupt in to flames. The pilot lost control soon after and we saw ourselves heading straight towards the downtown out of control. All of a sudden in a sick twist the other engine gave out and ceased to start or turn on again.

Three hours after leaving Liberty City to go to Vice City the plane I was on crashed onto a large street and slid into a large building and erupted into flames so high you could see them from across the city. Several minuets had passed and the emergency services were just arriving when the large building collapsed under the heat and damage done by the exploding aircraft. Pieces of he building were striking police cars and fire engines.

The news in the morning reported that there was no survivors. They were right.

THE END

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

We need a revolution, take the power back from staff who have moved on from this and no longer have the time but prevent the election of new staff, overthrow the ruling elite, enough of the excuses, power to the people!

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

I don't really know how to approach commenting on this, so I'm just going to speak my mind and my honest opinion, and hope for the best.

I first joined BUYG only a couple of months ago. My interest in the concept, though, goes way back. The first time I explored joining BUYG I was a bit baffled with what went on, so I didn't decide to join for fear of making myself look like a complete idiot by posting something completely wrong in a heavily active topic full of brilliant writers and concepts which had taken a great deal of imagination. I don't know the complete in's and out's of the history of BUYG, other than there was another topic which proceeded the current SA version, so I have to assume the majority of people listed as Staff are founders/major contributors to the overall success that BUYG is.

I guess the confusion over the staff and the slow rating process is the illusion that every member listed as staff is expected to rate, and knows this. I am proberly clutching at straws here, but I am not 100% sure that everyone on that list knows that they are expected to rate here(and in the other topic). Some of them may not even want to be involved in the rating process any longer. Yet these people have been instrumental in making BUYG what it is, and shouldn't necessarily be tossed aside. I'm not really active outside of the GTA sections, and don't know all the names on the list of staff members who are expected to rate for BUYG, but I am sure they have all made there fair share of contributions to BUYG - be it in the past, or present.

If staff members do not rate, have the time to rate, or want to be involved in the concept, then they shouldn't be a permanent staff member. However, if someone has contributed on a large scale in the past, yet no longer takes part, they should be placed off the staff member list, but should be offered the position as a Emeritus staff member who is not expected to rate, however the door would be open for them to return to the staff fold if they wished to become more active in BUYG. Or, another idea, is to remove the inactive staff members completely, yet allow them to "Guest Rate" from time to time, as I know several people listed as a member of staff are accomplished and respected writers in the gtaforums community. This could take a little pressure off the staff members who would be rating, and would add a little bit of diversity in terms of writers in this topic receiving feedback, of which will help them to make their pieces better in future.

I'm not saying knock the staff list down to 3 or 4 people, because that wouldn't solve the problem. Another thing I'm not too sure about is the list of BUYG staff in the first place. In this IV version - there is no staff list. This is where I think the problem stems from of people going to the SA version and seeing the staff list, seeing the various names, and then expecting them to come to this topic and rate. As WTLC said, he is staff of the SA BUYG. From my own personal point of view, why should SA Staff Members be coupled with having to keep this topic in check aswell? WelcomeToLibertyCity & Radicell singlehandedly keep rating the stories in the SA version, and do a brilliant job of it, so why should they also be expected to trail through this topic and rate the stories here, too? If they want too rate here, then that is fair enough, and I would respect them even more so if they did that, but it must be exhausting, and it wouldn't be too much fun on there part.

In a nut shell, I think similar to what Vinny says, a new set of staff should be appointed - for both topics. There should be IV BUYG Staff, and SA BUYG staff. Having the two topics managed by two different sets of people, or by a small number of people from each, would allow each topic to have the full attention of the BUYG staff, and be easily rated and flowing nice and simple, without rating delays and problems. And have it made clear in the respective topics.

"Staff managing this version are -"

Etc.

Another way to go about keeping the topics flowing easily would be for the staff to adopt a system similar to Aragond's(if it has not already been done already). If one staff member, of hell, even one of us, mailed the BUYG directly with a list of stories that need to be rated/people that have asked to join gangs/equipment asked to be purchased, and the BUYG account mail box was checked every say 2, 3 days, there would never be a considerable back log, and the person doing the rating would know exactly what needs to be done, making the job so much easier.

Build Up Your Gang is ran by volunteers, and is because of those people that it is still running today. And I highly appreciate that. But for it to continue to run smoothly, new people have to be baught in that fit a criteria of high activity in BUYG, or whatever, so that recent dry spells can be avoided by planning for the future. There's no point in hiring someone who had volunteered if they aren't up to the job, or everyone would be back at point A again. So by offering chances to a fair few(but not too many people, never too good) who are active, and letting them rate in whichever version of BUYG they are active in, the whole system could, really, work a lot easier without the stress coupled onto one or two people who keep the topics alive.

If I have talked complete and utter trash, then I am sorry. But I hope what I have said here will count as a decent, honest opinion. Cheers.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

I agree with Tyla, I don't see why staff have to have lifetime appointments its obvious that peoples commitments will change so why not have a flexible system, I also think we should reconsider the current staff having the sole power to appoint new staff, why not give the members a chance to put forward names who we respect, maybe for their perfect English, story quality or just being extremely helpful, for example Aragonds lists I think we all appreciate the effort he puts in, maybe in years time he won't have the time but at this moment I would argue he is a strong candidate. Aragond if your not interested I apologise for putting your name forward it was really just to make a point.

Spank-head69
  • Spank-head69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:15 AM Edited by Spank-head69, 13 August 2009 - 03:39 AM.

Sorry if it's pretty short, and that it took such a long time. And the names are also Russian. By the way, I'm going to Canada, so it'll be a while before I write again.

Petrovic Bratva, Kenny Petrovic's Mansion

Chapter I: My Newest Duty

The party was in full swing. There were gangsters at every turn of the mansion, all of them enjoying themselves to wine, craps, and women. The TV was also on, but there was barely anyone watching it. Classy music was playing, which lightened the mood, at least for most people. Everyone could enjoy this moment, nothing could ruin it. Well, unless a rival gang arrived and killed us all before we got through the night.

I sat on the couch drinking some merlot. It was my fifth cup that evening. For most of the evening, I was ignoring pleas for me to come and play Blackjack, or in other words, waste all the f*cking money I had. After an hour or so, I was once again approached by a gambler. The short conversation that followed wasn’t so pleasant.

“No, I’m not f*cking playing your game, Oleg. Get that into your head.” I yelled in his face.

“Viktor, what’s the problem?“ Oleg said calmly, obviously trying to act as nice as he could. “I’m sure you’d be a fairly decent player.

I tried to keep myself from laughing. I’m not calling myself bad at Blackjack, but Oleg was obviously going to return to his usual “shark” personality, rob me of all my cash, and then humiliate me in front of the other players. I’ve seen the bastard do it to numerous others, and I’m not about to let that happen to me.

“My f*cking problem is that you won’t stop trying to goad me into playing Blackjack, in case you haven’t noticed.” I said bitterly.

“No need to get aggressive, man.” Oleg walked back to his game. I hoped that would be the last of those disturbances.

I looked at the clock. 1:25 A.M. I should probably head back home (I don’t live in Alderney, I live in Broker). But the party was still going strong, and I wasn’t bored yet. While I was pouring myself some vodka, I noticed a man approach me. He had a shaved beard, and was sharply dressed. I finished pouring my drink, and spoke up.

“What is it Eduard?” I took a sip of my vodka.

“Thanks for bringing that ecstasy to my friend’s party, Mr. Ivanov.” He said, getting a glass and pouring himself some whiskey.

“It wasn’t a problem. And you know my first name.” I replied.

“I have another job for you, if you’re interested.” Eduard accidentally spilled some of the whiskey on his double-breasted jacket. “sh*t!”

I laughed. “Alright, what is it?” He asked.

“Thanks, but this needs to be done.” Eduard said, being incredibly serious. “There is a police informant who has been causing us much trouble.”

“How so?” I asked, finishing up my vodka.

“He’s threatening Petrovic with some dirt that could hit this gang hard. Many of our friends have been forced into doing him a few favors.” He answered.

“You don’t have to tell me twice. I’ll need weapons, a car, and the f*cker’s location.”
“I can get you whatever you need, although it may be a few days before I find out his location.” Eduard said, taking a large gulp of his whiskey. “We don’t even know his name yet.”

“Alright. Call me on my phone when you’ve found him.” I replied.

With that, I said goodbye to Eduard and left the mansion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users