new glitch!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic
charmedgurrrlie
  • charmedgurrrlie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

I was playing GTA: Vice City the other day when I decided to play as a cab driver. I had already had a few fares when I realized that I was running out of time. I quickly found a fare and as the person was getting into the cab, time ran out. After that, the cab mission I was on and all future cab missions I did were timeless. I did not have to worry about running out of time because I was not being timed. If anyone wants to try this and see if it works for them, then go ahead, but please let me know if it worked or not. Thanks!

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (charmedgurrrlie @ Sep 14 2008, 19:52)
I was playing GTA: Vice City the other day when I decided to play as a cab driver. I had already had a few fares when I realized that I was running out of time. I quickly found a fare and as the person was getting into the cab, time ran out. After that, the cab mission I was on and all future cab missions I did were timeless. I did not have to worry about running out of time because I was not being timed. If anyone wants to try this and see if it works for them, then go ahead, but please let me know if it worked or not. Thanks!

If sounds like it might be the same glitch as in some of the timed events like the NTG-500 Challenge in GTA SA where if you manage to hit the first marker exactly as the timer expires then you don't get timed on the challenge. You have as much time as you need to complete it.

As I expect they re-used some code between different GTA games, they might have re-used some glitchy code icon14.gif

Steve

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:22 PM Edited by Spuds725, 14 September 2008 - 10:38 PM.

It is not a new glitch-- has been know since at least 2003.

While looking for a reference for the above I came across and old one I forgot about... do taxi in any vehicle...

Get a fast vehicle.... park it in front of a taxi so you can jack it... jack a taxi... press R3 and hold it.... Exit the taxi, get in the fast vehicle, then release R3..... presto... taxi in a cheetah.... never tried it on a bike.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.p...ght=taxi+glitch (http://www.gtplanet....ght=taxi glitch) (http://www.gtplanet....ght=taxi glitch)

I did find a reference to the unlimited time at Gamefaqs.com...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/561641/20491-- (http://www.gamefaqs..../561641/20491--) bottom of the taxi section #6

charmedgurrrlie
  • charmedgurrrlie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:20 PM Edited by charmedgurrrlie, 15 September 2008 - 11:26 PM.

Sorry, but I knew nothing of this glitch before I found it. If someone else found it before me, then good for them. Anyway, I got to level 48 before I hit a car going really fast and spun into the river. I was doing so well! Although I owe it all to the health cheat. Every time I typed it in, my car stopped smoking, so I didn't blow up. I can't help it. I love to cheat!

Darren.
  • Darren.

Yeah, you've been alone...you've been gone...for far too

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:34 AM

The glitch that you can do cabbie missions in any car is fake.

I tried it. tounge.gif

Doesn't work confused.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Darren. @ Sep 16 2008, 01:34)

I tried it. tounge.gif

I think that glitch only works on the Original PS2 release. I think it was fixed on the PC release and the newer (Greatest Hits and triple pack) versions of the PS2, and X-Box 360. Since Spuds has the Original release and I have the PC and PS2 Greatest Hits release, and I cannot get it to work on the PC version (haven't tried the Greatest Hits PS2 yet), but it is probably the same as the PC release. Hope this helps.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:02 PM Edited by Spuds725, 19 September 2008 - 03:53 PM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Sep 16 2008, 02:20)
QUOTE (Darren. @ Sep 16 2008, 01:34)

I tried it. tounge.gif

I think that glitch only works on the Original PS2 release. I think it was fixed on the PC release and the newer (Greatest Hits and triple pack) versions of the PS2, and X-Box 360. Since Spuds has the Original release and I have the PC and PS2 Greatest Hits release, and I cannot get it to work on the PC version (haven't tried the Greatest Hits PS2 yet), but it is probably the same as the PC release. Hope this helps.

I never tried it, but have read of it from others (that I trust)... I have the original PS2 version and will verify it when I get a chance... probably tomorrow.

Spuds

//EDIT//

I tried it yesterday and it did NOT work (on my PS3)-- I'm sure I was doing it correctly-- I was able to hold the R3 button down, exit and get back in to the taxi and have it start taxi mission after releasing the R3..... I tried it in a 2 door and 4 door vehicle (just to be sure).

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

hah spuds lieing
i tried it in my friends ps2 and then my ps2
nothin happend i have the original game and when i got into the cabbie i started the the taxi fares i was holding the R3 button down and i got into an infernus but it didnt work .however,the trick told by charmedgurrrlie worked on my ps2 as well as my pc three cheers 4 charmedgurrrlie happy.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Dec 5 2008, 04:08)
hah spuds lieing
i tried it in my friends ps2 and then my ps2
nothin happend i have the original game and when i got into the cabbie i started the the taxi fares i was holding the R3 button down and i got into an infernus but it didnt work .however,the trick told by charmedgurrrlie worked on my ps2 as well as my pc three cheers 4 charmedgurrrlie happy.gif

How was Spuds lying??

secondly, No one claimed the unlimited time glitch was false-- just that it was found at least 5 years ago.

lifeplayer
  • lifeplayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

It doesnt work. mad.gif
Maybe you have your own way

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

1 month old bump i was doing it before but now i dont and even you dont angry.gif

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

In "GTA III," the taxi trick works for PC or PS2. On PC, hold the key to
initiate the mission, hit F to exit the taxi, maneuver Claude to whatever
other vehicle, hit F to enter it, then release the mission key.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:29 AM

I think this topic has run its course, let's not start bringing III related discussion into a Vice City dedicated sub-forum please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users