Photo

instant 6 stars?

22 replies to this topic
attybrian
  • attybrian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

I was near the original safehouse, driving north and turning east after two blocks. It was nighttime, and in the middle of the road, apparantly for no reason, was a pedestrian wearing a long brownish coat and carrying a pistol. I thought this was very weird that he was armed for no reason, so I did the Christian thing and ran him over. INSTANTLY I was hit with 6 stars! Has anyone had this happen? I've played the whole game through 2 times and cannot figure it out. HELP!

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

Congradulations, you ran over the President.

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

I'm calling bull on this topic. I doubt some "guy with a gun" gave him 6 stars.

attybrian
  • attybrian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (yomomsmokes420 @ Sep 10 2008, 22:37)

If that is the extent of your help, keep it to yourself. I didn't waste my time writing this just for kicks. I asked for suggestions because it was a curious event. What would be my motivation for making this up? The glory? I would hope the purpose of this forum would be to provide guidance, not just to have some toolbox leave an empty-headed response like yours.
p.s.--I really liked your tips attached to your sig---your comment was SO MUCH more content-laden.

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (attybrian @ Sep 11 2008, 00:55)
QUOTE (yomomsmokes420 @ Sep 10 2008, 22:37)

If that is the extent of your help, keep it to yourself. I didn't waste my time writing this just for kicks. I asked for suggestions because it was a curious event. What would be my motivation for making this up? The glory? I would hope the purpose of this forum would be to provide guidance, not just to have some toolbox leave an empty-headed response like yours.
p.s.--I really liked your tips attached to your sig---your comment was SO MUCH more content-laden.

I just doubt that killing one guy would give you six stars. If you were in that cop place or w/e in Algonquin, then going in there gives 4 stars. You mighta confused 4 with 6, but I don't know.
I like the second part of my sig. lol.gif Which are you? I'm stubborn, as you can already see.

Annorax
  • Annorax

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (attybrian @ Sep 10 2008, 19:50)
I was near the original safehouse, driving north and turning east after two blocks. It was nighttime, and in the middle of the road, apparantly for no reason, was a pedestrian wearing a long brownish coat and carrying a pistol. I thought this was very weird that he was armed for no reason, so I did the Christian thing and ran him over. INSTANTLY I was hit with 6 stars! Has anyone had this happen? I've played the whole game through 2 times and cannot figure it out. HELP!

No, no, this is actually possible. His memory sucks, but it's possible.

When I first started my first playthrough of the game and was doing the first Roman taxi mission (the one where you meet Mallorie and Michelle), I picked up the bat from behind the subway station before picking the girls up. After dropping them off, I was on my way back to the station and saw a black guy in a brown trenchcoat and suit walking down the street. I do the Christian thing, get out of Roman's Taxi, get my bat out, and take a swing at him hoping he's rich enough to drop a bunch of money when he dies. He doesn't fall over, says something like "You done f*cked up boy, you're messing with the feds now" and I get an instant 5 stars. He then pulls a pistol (coulda been a Desert Eagle, I was new to GTA and couldn't tell the difference) and blows my friggin' head off right as a NOOSE Patriot rounds the corner, lining up to run me over. I couldn't stop laughing at this, and had to wonder if they put that FIB guy in as an anti-racist statement or something. I've run over, beat up, and knifed plenty of those black guys in brown trenchcoats and suits and never gotten 5 stars from them since, so I'm not sure how exactly that happened or how often it's supposed to. It's odd, though.

JimGreen
  • JimGreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

I was going to post this question weeks ago, but I forgot.

My story took place on the east side of Algonquin.

I stole a car, had a one star level, and just figured I'd speed away from the cops. I was cruising north and someone or something I hit immediately blasted me to a six star level. I do not know what the hell happened.

I was hunted like an animal. Although I ran like a mutha f*cka, I was shot and killed at the water's edge in northern Algonquin.

Hey, if I wanted to lie, I'd come up with something better than riding the coattails of some other guy's thread.

ikt
  • ikt

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

I've never had it yet. Damn, where is that guy? I want to get 6 stars without having to waste bullets. tounge.gif

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (JimGreen @ Sep 12 2008, 22:51)
I was going to post this question weeks ago, but I forgot.

My story took place on the east side of Algonquin.

I stole a car, had a one star level, and just figured I'd speed away from the cops. I was cruising north and someone or something I hit immediately blasted me to a six star level. I do not know what the hell happened.

I was hunted like an animal. Although I ran like a mutha f*cka, I was shot and killed at the water's edge in northern Algonquin.

Hey, if I wanted to lie, I'd come up with something better than riding the coattails of some other guy's thread.

I know there's some building in Algonquin close to your safehouse that gets you 4 stars when you go near it. Maybe it glitched and gave you 6? Or the one-star you already had somehow boosted it?

Rambo_Augusta
  • Rambo_Augusta

Hilary is my bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

i was randomly killing cops on a normal cop spree and wanted level jumped from 4 to 6 i was like cool

Drakelet
  • Drakelet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Sep 10 2008, 20:58)

ROFL!!

Yeah, very strange. I'm gonna see if I can dig anything up (only got the game a couple days ago).

TinCan
  • TinCan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Rambo_Augusta @ Sep 13 2008, 21:24)
i was randomly killing cops on a normal cop spree and wanted level jumped from 4 to 6 i was like cool

This happened to me today as well, but I believe it jumped from 3 to 6 stars after I killed one of the officers with a long coat.

Steelwulfe
  • Steelwulfe

There are no compacts between Lions and Men ~Homer~

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:42 AM

possibly the result of killing a federal agent. The building near the the algonquin safe house appears to be the local FIB office from what I saw of it as I wandered in and instantly got 5 stars!!

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

I was in a cabbie running over cops trying to get at my door, gotten from 1 to 2 stars and then I hit what i think was a cop shooting at me and got an instant six stars aswell.

WaterGolem
  • WaterGolem

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

So, by original safehouse, do you mean in Broker? Cause that means it couldn't be due to the FIB headquarters thingy. Either way that's some weird stuff, but easily believable. I was so doubtful of that in-game internet site that gives instant 5-stars, but that exists, so I'm with you OP. The hunt begins! Come on someone, get video footage! colgate.gif

drunkenmonk
  • drunkenmonk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:29 PM

I see monocle.gif them sometimes near the U.L.paper building and government buildings sly.gif courts police stations donut shops tounge2.gif strip clubs....hmmm makes sence.DO NOT get into a shoot out near them(while in a mission)sometimes there is more than one! you shoot 1 like the gangs and drugdealers they will all shoot back! suicidal.gif .FIB kills=5 to 6 stars....sometimes wow.gif

Rockyorock
  • Rockyorock

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:05 AM

this is weird im gonna try look for this tomorrow.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

Yeah, finally something good to search for. smile.gif

Gonna check it out tomorrow.

LOL!

33stradale
  • 33stradale

Lolzeltov!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

you must have escaped a high * rating before then ran over one of the fib people who drive the buffalo, or it could be a random glitch (i once got 6* while drifting on a beach in alderny notify.gif )

@someguy: why would the president think he's neo, only fed agents can pull off the neo look (and me of course cool.gif )

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:02 PM Edited by DanManUtd, 20 September 2008 - 12:06 PM.

I don't think these lot are lying, because I was in the Star Junction (finding targets for the Algonquin Assassins) and a came across a guy exactly matching those below's descriptions. Although I didn't kill kill him, I returned a few times later. He never appeared again (and yes peds do appear again and again in the same place).

And I think I have a picture of him somewhere...

EDIT: Found it. And It matches the above's descriptions.

CODE
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7161/dsc00208za0.jpg

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but you can see this clearly happen at the 45:00 mark in this video.

The weapon he appears to be carrying is a Desert Eagle as well.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 20:24)
Ok, I know this is an old thread, but you can see this clearly happen at the 45:00 mark in this video.

The weapon he appears to be carrying is a Desert Eagle as well.

Thats interesting/creepy wow.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Have A Nice Life.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

Seriously,why would you bump a four year old thread?

At least make a NEW thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users