Photo

What's the go with Niko?

16 replies to this topic
marsh90
  • marsh90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:43 AM

I must admit that Niko is brilliant. He is by far the most entertaining GTA protagonist to date. I have him as my avatar for gods sake. I feel that the GTA writers have given Niko the most depth out of all the other GTA protagonists; Claude had no personality, Vercetti was just a bad ass ex mafioso turned drug dealer and CJ a loud mouth "tear sh*t up" grove street gangsta. (I do not count the 2D playable characters from GTA and GTA2, and the protagonists from the stories series as true GTA protagonists). He obviously has good morals; he often gives other characters advice for the better (tells Roman to give up his gambling habits), he looks down on drugs, respects women, is very loyal, etc etc. But he's a GTA protagonist! Which means he's a serial murdering psychopath! It was good that they gave him depth so that us as the players can relate to him, but isn't giving a playable character who rampages across a city causing absolute chaos qualities such as sensitivity and remorse a little weird? To me it just doesn't quite work out. What do you guys think?

Gadzooks
  • Gadzooks

bang

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

Niko doesn't go on any murdering rampages killing innocents in the games storyline. You're the one who controls Niko making him shoot up the city. It's your choice. It's not like if you let Niko sit for a while without moving he'll start killing people on his own

MaineGD17
  • MaineGD17

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

R* made Niko image more sensitive and innocent because they're trying to change their own image from SA...they do that by making Niko say stuff like "excuse me when," and "sorry," when us(gamers), run over peds...Its all just to change R* image by not making Niko such a badazz...

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:46 AM

And by making him less insensitive, we the gamers dont feel as bad about leaving bloody skidmarks on the pavement.

Selwood24
  • Selwood24

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

And he's got a funny accent.

hibernation
  • hibernation

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

My oath, son. Couldnt agree more. nervous.gif

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

And he makes exceedingly good cakes.

Nico Bellic
  • Nico Bellic

Well...Since you've put it that way...i'm in.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

and he is not a serial murdering psychopath...he sad it "it's them or us cusin" he dont need's to...he must

Suki007
  • Suki007

GTA Lady

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Yup you're right, it amost makes it difficult for us to go on random killing sprees because it's out of character for Niko to do that, I mean he does kill people, but not random iinnocent pedestrians, well at least not dozens of them.

And yeh he does respect women sometimes. I really liked the encounter he had with Cherise, the random pededstrian (dwayne's girlfriend), as soon as she started to cry and turned away, Niko suddenly felt more concerned about her welfare, I think that said a lot about his character. It was adorable... blush.gif lol, i'll stop talking now!! But then you have him back-handing Gracie, which is a whole other story!

Genetically_Superior
  • Genetically_Superior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Suki007 @ Sep 12 2008, 17:08)
But then you have him back-handing Gracie, which is a whole other story!

Gracie was a spoiled bitch, lol. And she almost killed Niko with that grabbing the wheel stunt, etc.

But anyway; I don't think Niko's out of place in the game, he's still a badass, just only when he needs to be. I like his nice personality though, it really makes me enjoy playing as him.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:30 PM

Niko has such an interesting personality. On one hand he's quite caring, but on the other he just gets the job done.

Like during Pest Control. He just does the job of taking Ray out without asking questions.

He's the best GTA Character to date IMO.

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (MrJohn666 @ Sep 10 2008, 14:14)

Niko Kipling?

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (MaineGD17 @ Sep 10 2008, 03:34)
they do that by making Niko say stuff like "excuse me when," and "sorry," when us(gamers), run over peds

IMO that makes him more of a badass.

How cool would it be if you saw some guy barreling down the sidewalk in a Mustang, running people over, and yelling "EXCUSE ME" "SORRY" "PARDON ME"?

Pretty cool, I think.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Marquischacha @ Sep 15 2008, 12:36)
QUOTE (MrJohn666 @ Sep 10 2008, 14:14)

Niko Kipling?

lol biggrin.gif

Bob the DVD
  • Bob the DVD

pinstripe

• Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

dont forget that he helped marnie (random character)

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:08 AM

Buy a hotdog or snack, he will say thank you. If you look closely at the storyline, he will show compassion and remorse.

Really, he seems to be a nice person in the storyline and random events. But you control his personality outside the storyline.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Prickles @ Sep 15 2008, 23:36)
QUOTE (MaineGD17 @ Sep 10 2008, 03:34)
they do that by making Niko say stuff like "excuse me when," and "sorry," when us(gamers), run over peds

IMO that makes him more of a badass.

How cool would it be if you saw some guy barreling down the sidewalk in a Mustang, running people over, and yelling "EXCUSE ME" "SORRY" "PARDON ME"?

Pretty cool, I think.

I still laugh when he bumps into people, and says "excuse me" or "sorry". I wish he would say that during a shootout or something. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users