Photo

Deus Ex 3

435 replies to this topic
DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

Well not long now and we'll be able to see if Deus Ex can be murdered a second time thanks to its involvement with consoles. I'm looking forward to another dose of Deus...it's been a long time.

Yes, graphics aside, not many things (gaming related or otherwise) come close to my first run-through of Deus Ex 1. Despite how good DX:IW was, it was a heap of camel crap compared to Deus Ex 1 and to what it could've been if they focused more on the detailed, micro-managed gameplay of the original on the PC.

Please, let us return to the era of deep, non-linear action/adventure/role-playing first-person 3D games.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:58 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 18 August 2010 - 09:10 PM.

Gameplay Trailer:

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Not impressisve. Smells like another action FPS.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Aug 13 2010, 17:30)

Disagree, there was too little gameplay there to make such a judgement. Though it seems the stealth aspect is still in-place (and hiding bodies, which you were unable to do in Splinter Cell Conviction (from what I understand) and Alpha Protocol).

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, there is more to Deus Ex games than what is seen in that trailer. But from what I saw, it looks awesome. I can't wait to do a mission without firing a shot, just using those nifty melee attacks.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

Looks better than IW, and some of the locations nicely recall the original. Whether it's another DX in name only remains to be seen. Console pressure seems to make games simpler and more linear than fans of the original would want.

What really ruined IW for me was that the severely limited memory of previous-gen consoles resulted in IW's designers trading map size for eye candy. IW was a series of claustrophobic rooms with long loading screens behind every other door. That shouldn't be a problem this time, I hope.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Aug 13 2010, 17:24)
Looks better than IW, and some of the locations nicely recall the original. Whether it's another DX in name only remains to be seen. Console pressure seems to make games simpler and more linear than fans of the original would want.

What really ruined IW for me was that the severely limited memory of previous-gen consoles resulted in IW's designers trading map size for eye candy. IW was a series of claustrophobic rooms with long loading screens behind every other door. That shouldn't be a problem this time, I hope.

Oh god, I bought IW used, played if for an hour and didn't play it for the longest time, simply because I couldn't handle those loading times. I finally played it again on a day that I had nothing better to do, and got into the game enough to want to finish it. But yeah, a lot of people complained about the load times in games like KOTOR or even Oblivion, IW put those games to shame. If you could look past that it was a good game.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Aug 14 2010, 03:30)

From this trailer I'd probably draw that conclusion. But I think the FPS-esque action is what this trailer wanted to show off. Chances are there'll be more gameplay trailers showing off the RPG elements as well.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ Aug 13 2010, 22:23)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Aug 14 2010, 03:30)

From this trailer I'd probably draw that conclusion. But I think the FPS-esque action is what this trailer wanted to show off. Chances are there'll be more gameplay trailers showing off the RPG elements as well.

The trailer seemed more intent on showcasing the implants than anything. Looks to me like it'll be the perfect hybrid game. Shooting, stealth, hand to hand, high-tech cybernetic gadgets; hopefully it'll retain it's RPG origins as well. I'll always be a lover of properly done CRPGs and I hope this can be a hallmark of the genre.

That said, my jaw dropped watching that trailer and this is easily my new most anticipated games.

Hope the PC doesn't get a console port and it's the other way around this time.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

Aliens vs Predator 2 had wayyyyyyyyyyyy longer loading times than Invisible War. I remember waiting 2 or 3 minutes just for the game to quickload (heh, quick my ass). Lithtech Talon was such a sh*tty engine when it came to loading times, but AvP2 itself is a masterpiece of a game.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Aug 14 2010, 04:11)
If you could look past that it was a good game.

Nope. It was a sh*tty game going off the Deus Ex name for a chance at success, it's really not surprising the fans hated it. It was made for consoles in mind, and was the start of the dumbing down process of PC games going to consoles.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

It's the only Deus Ex game I've played, and I dug it. I guess I need to play the first game, then.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:33 AM Edited by Supreme., 16 September 2010 - 04:14 PM.

^Yes, you really should. Can't recommend it enough, as it's a f*cking masterpiece in my mind.

Especially liked the "feel" of that trailer. I'm sure the story will be good, but the main part of my enjoyment will come if we can indeed ignore the mindless wall-punching, 'multi-kill' wank for the silent, meticulous path, depending on how well those elements are retained and managed as others said.

All in all, I'll remain pretty skeptical til it's installed on my PC... but goddamn I want this game to be great.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

user posted image user posted image

http://www.gamersyde...es-9793_en.html

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Burmp!

Straight from TGS.

The evil looking black chick is Fedorova, and the vid hints at space/rocket travel. There's also a giant building in the sea - go figure.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

Holy sh*t. That trailer is amazing. Now I'm hyped!

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

Here's the English version of that trailer posted by the official Deus Ex Youtube page.

f*cking brilliant, I hope the story is as deep as it seems like they're trying to make it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

mmm new gameplay looks every bit as good as the original if not better this is looking great!

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

Definite improvement over Invisible War. In-fact, I think it looks f*cking great from that trailer. Can't wait to play it, though I'm not sure it will beat the original's awesomeness. wink.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:17 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 19 November 2010 - 12:19 AM.

Graphics aren't the only thing that advanced since the first Deus Ex so it's perfectly normal for this game to be better than the first one. Of course, nostalgic gamers would never admit that. The original game was awesome for it's time. It isn't awesome anymore. I've played a lot of games that are far better than Deus Ex. I'm not gonna let nostalgia ruin any game for me.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Nov 19 2010, 00:17)
Of course, nostalgic gamers would never admit that.

F*ck your sh*tty justification.

That sh*tty argument is boring and overused.

QUOTE (GTAvanja")
The original game was awesome for it's time. It isn't awesome anymore.

Bullsh*t.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

Well hopefully if the dev team can pull off what the first game did this gen i will be happy!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Nov 19 2010, 02:27)

QUOTE (GTAvanja")

Bullsh*t.

Case in point

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Nov 18 2010, 19:39)
QUOTE (Reconite @ Nov 19 2010, 02:27)

QUOTE (GTAvanja")

Bullsh*t.

Case in point

Finally, someone says it.

Just because a game started something doesn't instantly mean it can't be improved upon, that's just stupid f*cking bullheadedness.

I'm honestly looking forward to this more than any other game in the next several years. A good cyberpunk game hasn't came out since... well, I don't even really know, it's been a long ass time and Deus Ex has always been top of the line cyberpunk.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

Sorry, but you fa**ots playing the "nostalgia" card just because you think old games are sh*t doesn't mean it's impossible for someone to enjoy an old game.

Case in point: I played Deus Ex for the first time around 2007-2008 and it instantly became one of my favourite games.

Stupid c*nts don't realize the "nostalgia" wild card is not a valid argument.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Nov 19 2010, 02:02)
Sorry, but you fa**ots playing the "nostalgia" card just because you think old games are sh*t doesn't mean it's impossible for someone to enjoy an old game.

Case in point: I played Deus Ex for the first time around 2007-2008 and it instantly became one of my favourite games.

U mad bro?

Stupid c*nts also fail to realize that when someone whom a good portion of their post history contains, and I'm paraphrasing here, the phrase, or rather concept of "old games are better because I said so" we have every right to give them sh*t for it. Grow the f*ck up and learn to take a joke as well as criticism.

f*cking Christ, purist f*cktards annoy me sh*tless.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

You really are a dumb f*cker, aren't you.

"old games are better because I said so"

Never said anything of the like, I always had reasons.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to be arguing with retard scum like you.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Nov 19 2010, 10:02)

No one said the game is sh*t. I just said that it's not so amazing as it was when it was released for the first time. And it is possible to make a better game. And yes nostalgia plays a big role in people's opinion of a new game in the series. Always has.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Nov 19 2010, 08:36)
No one said the game is sh*t. I just said that it's not so amazing as it was when it was released for the first time. And it is possible to make a better game. And yes nostalgia plays a big role in people's opinion of a new game in the series. Always has.

You just said yourself that it wasn't fun anymore, and I played it years after it came out. "Wasn't fun anymore" is pretty much synonymous with "sh*t", and is a flawed opinion that you can not prove in any way. I'm sorry I can hold an opinion on good game design without resorting to nostalgia, when a game is flawed I'm likely to notice it because I'm not a f*cking sheep.

I already said myself that this game looks positive and I am awaiting it optimisticly, it doesn't mean that it will automatically be better because it's new, I might as well invent an "anti-nostalgia" excuse for when kids who think old games are bad and new games are good because of graphics. I also said that "I'm not sure it will beat the original's awesomeness", that doesn't mean I have f*cking nostalgia for a game I played 2-3 years ago, it means just that: I'm not sure it will beat the original's awesomeness.

End of f*cking story, and never spout that sh*tty wild card excuse again, it's flawed, overused, usually is accompanied by no actual reasoning and it needs to stop because it's really just f*cking boring at this point.

Inb4 The-King makes a butthurt reply below me.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Nov 19 2010, 02:23)

I'm sure I could go through your post history and find dozens of examples to the contrary, but I've got better things to do and dozens of games to play. I think the only person here who's illustrated their utter retardation bordering on purely defined mongoloid is you, friend.

Maybe if your mental capacity allowed you to make a post with actual positive content, not packed to the brim with passive-aggressive self gratification the things you say might actually hold some form of validity. But I honestly doubt that day will ever come.

You're a second late and a mile short in everything you say.

EDIT: Lol@theinb4comment, I'd say "clever" but that would just be another joke.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Nov 19 2010, 08:51)
QUOTE (Reconite @ Nov 19 2010, 02:23)

I'm sure I could go through your post history and find dozens of examples to the contrary, but I've got better things to do and dozens of games to play.

Nice excuse.

Notice again how I have never once actually said, as you quote: "old games are better because I said so".

Anyway, I'm going to play New Vegas. I don't want to waste my time arguing with stupid f*cks like you, as I said before. Enjoy your butthurt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users