Quantcast

» «
Photo

Deus Ex 3

435 replies to this topic
tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

I've never played the original, but the teaser looked awesome. I'll be on the look out for the trailer smile.gif

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:29 PM Edited by Supreme., 04 June 2010 - 10:11 PM.

Now that was nice. icon14.gif

Narrative, music, overall mood and style...all superb. With those in-game screens, dispelled my skepticism a bit.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

GO GO Gadget Minigun!

No seriously, that was pretty hot. The general vibe screams "Class", but let's see if they can make a great video game from it. Showed a lot of the gameplay features: Mind (brain aug) control, melee, cloaking etc. Plenty to whet the appetite and there should be a few previews coming.

fox09
  • fox09

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

Dayum.

I pretty much went from somewhat apprehensive to actually pretty excited because of that trailer. Looks super polished, and I really like the art direction. Hopefully you get to be that badass in-game, though.

Go-go gadget face-palm at 2:15 made me laugh a bit.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

I got shivers. wow.gif

I've never played a Deus Ex game, but are the stories linked between? Wiki research time, I think.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

I kept thinking, Blade Runner Blade Runner Blade Runner.

sh*t looks cool. I wanna see gameplay.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

The trailer was badass, too bad we didn't get to see gameplay. I wonder if it's going to be fps or not.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Jun 5 2010, 06:30)
The trailer was badass, too bad we didn't get to see gameplay. I wonder if it's going to be fps or not.

It's FPS with 3rd person cover a la Splinter Cell: Conviction and Mass Effect 2. There's also 3rd person takedowns.

The story takes place before DX1 and is a prequel

Never played a DX game myself but this looks seriously good. The protagonist Adam looks cool as f*ck! Like Keanu Reeves - only more life-like - less wooden.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

After new trailer I'm looking for this game. Too bad it's "Early 2011".

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Jun 4 2010, 13:07)
I've never played the original[...]

QUOTE (papanesta @ Jun 5 2010, 01:58)
I've never played a Deus Ex game[...]

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jun 5 2010, 09:11)
Never played a DX game myself[...]

You guys have really missed out. Deus Ex is considered by many to be the greatest game of all time.

Even if you're not much of a PC gamer at all, if your system was made in the last 5 or so years, it should run it fine and I highly recommend you go buy a copy.

Yeah, this game will be a prequel, with the end leading right up to the beginning events of the original game (formation of UNATCO, Statue of Liberty being bombed, etc.), from what I've read.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

I watched the trailer and it looks great. I just hope it stays that way because I really don't want this game turning out to be a flop and being worse than Invisible War. Hope it's as good, if not better than Deus Ex biggrin.gif .

Btw did anyone else think of Prototype when the guy kills people with the blades?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

yeah ive seen the trailer for it looks quite awesome allthough im not 100% sure on the storyline, i watched the lets play deus ex on youtube and the storyline seem similar with riots going on in the city. i played the original game a couple of months ago but got stuck on liberty island.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:30 PM Edited by Supreme., 05 June 2010 - 02:46 PM.

In case people here haven't been over to the official forum or seen 'em elsewhere, here are those in-game images:

(click for full size)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yep, besides the Renaissance theme, Blade Runner and classic Anime influences are certainly there. Love it! happy.gif

Jevon
  • Jevon

Advocate

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Supreme. @ Jun 5 2010, 14:21)
Even if you're not much of a PC gamer at all, if your system was made in the last 5 or so years, it should run it fine and I highly recommend you go buy a copy.

Given that it came out in 2000, any system within the last decade would probably be ok smile.gif

Awesome game though, need to dig out the disc so I can replay it sometime...

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:34 PM Edited by Supreme., 06 June 2010 - 11:06 AM.

Yeah, most everyone would indeed be able to run it. Even on older laptops. smile.gif

Tempted to give it another go myself as it's been about 6 months since my last playthrough. biggrin.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

The only problem i have found with running the old game on new PCs is that the hud wasnt designed to enlarge when you run in higher resolutions, this isnt much of a problem until you get to the sniper sight, It is serverly reduced in size and equates to the size of 2 10pence pieces @ 1600x900 resolution.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Those gameplay pics look ball-tingling awesome. I'm kinda getting a little excited for this.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Those screenshots look pretty cool actually, not looking forward to the regenerating health thing.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Wasn't even interested in this game, never even heard of it except for the topic's title. But damn, those screenshots look good. I guess I'm reading this topic now to see what it's all about

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:17 AM Edited by Supreme., 06 June 2010 - 11:54 AM.

QUOTE (Reconite @ Jun 5 2010, 20:46)
Those screenshots look pretty cool actually, not looking forward to the regenerating health thing.

One of the potentially negative points for me also. I'd prefer it be as an optional aug, though I doubt they'll do that.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

From July 2009's PC Gamer issue:
Earlier this year, lead game designer Jean-Francois Dugas told PC Gamer, "We want to remove the RPG aspect of the fighting and make it more straightforward, like you see in games such as Rainbow Six. So if you're good at shooting, the game will not tell you you're not good at shooting because your stats are low."
This design decision will no doubt broaden the game's appeal, but our love of Deus Ex emanates from the lateral-thinking approaches we come up with when guns don't work. If spray-and-pray can get you through from one end to the other, Eidos Montreal risks making alternative approaches feel pointless.

The chance of me buying it just gets lower and lower. It depends what the end result looks like.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:46 AM Edited by Supreme., 06 June 2010 - 03:07 PM.

Haven't played Rainbow Six, but I assume the health regen is like CoD4.. icon13.gif

QUOTE (Reconite)
It depends what the end result looks like.

Exactly, as they've got time.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

I'm really focusing more of my attention on:
We want to remove the RPG aspect of the fighting and make it more straightforward

Basically, it will be an FPS with even lighter RPG elements than Deus Ex: Invisible War had.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, makes me wonder what other parts they'd remove or cut back to have things more "straightforward".

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Well if you're going to be shooting enemies, the damage they take shouldn''t depend on whether you've put skill points in categories but whether you hit them or not.

I'm more for weapon recoil and recoil dampening augs, but there's no hands-on previews yet so I'm not going to judge the combat, just hope it ain't easy.

The trailer's up on Xbox Live game marketplace now, if anyone's interested.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Wow. There's no way this game is going to be a a sure buy for me if they remove the stats or RPG elements. Seems like they're making yet another FPS game now.

If this is the case, it's already a flop in my eyes sad.gif .

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

You might want to read this...Mag scans posted on the official forum.

http://deusex-humanr...-cyberpunk.html

DjBrainwasher
  • DjBrainwasher

BloodSpattered Techno Deckz

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

I cant wait for this game been a big Deus Ex fan since the original and even was a fan of the sequel believe it or not. But this entry in the franchise seems to be the most intriguing of them all with its unique Shakespearean Blade-Runner-esque environments and what seems to be a deep storyline its sure to bring me plenty of inspiration for some trippy spin sessions.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hey guys, Deus Ex Collection (and both games seperately) have 75% off on Steam to celebrate Deus Ex's 10th anniversary. If you don't already have them (or at least the first one) you should get 'em now.

I think it ends at 3PM PST but I don't have a clue when that is.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Jun 23 2010, 16:06)
Hey guys, Deus Ex Collection (and both games seperately) have 75% off on Steam to celebrate Deus Ex's 10th anniversary. If you don't already have them (or at least the first one) you should get 'em now.

I think it ends at 3PM PST but I don't have a clue when that is.

Already bought and enjoying it thoroughly especially the first one, I had forgotten how damn good it actually was. Now for those that have bought Deus Ex 1 and grimacing about the graphics (lets face it be today's standards they are crap) then there are a few things you can do to improve the looks of the game. There is a tutorial here :-

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1235278

That explains everything you have to do, I followed it to the letter with my steam version and it worked like a charm. It naturally doesn't turn Deus Ex into a modern looking game but it does offer some enhancements which are noticeable and welcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users