» «
Photo

I made a connection

15 replies to this topic
mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

I am not using spoiler tags because this topic is all about spoilers. If you haven't played GTA IV yet, then don't read. Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, I think I made a connection between characters. Remember the mission for Derrick McReary, where you help a Korean named Kim smuggle counterfeit money into the country illegally? Then remember the mission for Jon Gravelli, where you kill Kim Something-Gok or whatever for selling counterfeit money? Are those people the same people? Because when I was chasing him, he said, "Hey, don't I know you?"

TMR2007
  • TMR2007

Wacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man - and Child.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

Kudos on the witty thinking; yes he is the same guy.

DudeWeresMyHog
  • DudeWeresMyHog

Captain Swinger

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

I noticed this on my second play through. Pissed me off a little because the mission were you save him is annoying as hell then you end up killing him anyways.

ps3_,man
  • ps3_,man

smugler

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

2this is gta right? l cant remember doing anything like that

silentradical
  • silentradical

bad motha f*cka

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

I don't really care, saving people and then killing them is fun.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

Man, that's an awsome plot twist.
Such a shame I lost all focus on the storyline after so much "go in, kill everyone" and "Chase down and kill target" missions. confused.gif
Also my only save game is after finishing all storyline missions and a few for the fixer (the way he speaks stirs my soul and gets me horny. *Deep voice* "Hello brother..." lol.gif ). Unfortunately now, the only way to experience that, and refresh my knowlege of the storyline is if start the whole f*cking game from scratch.

Unfortunately I don't have too much time for that, though it will be interesting to what happens after I kill Michelle from the beginning. Luckily, I got GTAF and all those with better perception than myself to clear up my understanding for me. biggrin.gif

COEY69
  • COEY69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:42 PM

I didn't notice this. Kudos to you sir!

Maddok
  • Maddok

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

i've known that for a long while, but never bothered to post it. good job on posting it b4 i could. icon14.gif

Dimitri Rascalov
  • Dimitri Rascalov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

Nice picking up on that biggrin.gif

silentradical
  • silentradical

bad motha f*cka

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Aug 27 2008, 19:37)
Unfortunately I don't have too much time for that, though it will be interesting to what happens after I kill Michelle from the beginning. Luckily, I got GTAF and all those with better perception than myself to clear up my understanding for me. biggrin.gif

Do you mean like, shooting Michelle in the face during the first date? I have a feeling it wouldn't change anything story wise....but if it does, you get a cookie.gif .

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (silentradical @ Aug 28 2008, 19:17)

Do you mean like, shooting Michelle in the face during the first date? I have a feeling it wouldn't change anything story wise....but if it does, you get a cookie.gif .

You can't kill your girlfriends.

silentradical
  • silentradical

bad motha f*cka

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (DanManUtd @ Aug 28 2008, 19:24)

Oh, ok. I never tried so I wouldn't know. The closest I came was when I was with Kate and the car flipped and almost exploded, but instead of staying and dying she got mad and left.

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

I figure more people should know this, so bump.

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (DanManUtd @ Aug 28 2008, 15:24)

Are you sure about that? I accidentally killed Kiki on a date and she I never heard from her ever again. She never asked me to pick her up from the hospital or told me she's leaving me. mercie_blink.gif So, I'm pretty sure they can die.

OT: Yeah, I realized this the first time I played the game through.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:52 AM

You can kill you girlfriends silentradical but only if you met them through one of the online dating agency. Michelle & Kate McReary are integral to the storyline so you cannot kill them no matter how many times you drive them off a cliffe into the sea or blow their heads off.

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

Oh okay that makes sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users