Photo

AC/DC(Topic)

89 replies to this topic
ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

AC/DC was formed in Sydney, Austrailia by brothers Angus(lead guitatist) and Malcom Young(rhythem guitarist) in 1973. The lead singer Bon Scott unfortunatly died in 1980 and was replaced by Brian Johnson. The rest of the members are Cliff Williams(bass) and Phil Rudd(drums) oh and we can't forget one of the greatest guitar players ever Angus Young...with his school uniform inlove.gif

By the way they got the name AC/DC after they saw a label of a acronym on the back of a sewing machine. AC/DC is a abbreviation for Alternating Current/Direct Current.

Rock On my fellow AC/DC fans! cool.gif

Oh and i made this topic cause I realllllllly like AC/DC

And i want you to name your favorite song or album etc...or even if you saw them live.

- ACAngus

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

I used to buy Hit Parader magazine here in the USA, for many a year, AC DC were always in there! Often a rock poll of best guitarists as was seen in Guitar Player/ Guitar World
The new album is supposed to follow on the heels of The Eagles as a Wallmart exclusive, for some limited time. I also heard it's impending release to radio next week, on tape, they said (DAT??) anyway, I bet it's one song at any rate.

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 25 2008, 02:20)
I used to buy Hit Parader magazine here in the USA, for many a year, AC DC were always in there! Often a rock poll of best guitarists as was seen in Guitar Player/ Guitar World
The new album is supposed to follow on the heels of The Eagles as a Wallmart exclusive, for some limited time. I also heard it's impending release to radio next week, on tape, they said (DAT??) anyway, I bet it's one song at any rate.

mercie_blink.gif Wait theres a new album?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hell, yeah. I forgot the title of it, sorry. Wish I could report it, but it's due end of year, some time.
I can't pick a favorite song. For some time, I was quite happy when Stephen King had them in his Maximum Overdrive, but they also did Big Gun for Arnold's over the top Last Action Hero.

I was inundated with Back In Black on a camping trip in the 1980s and I almost lost a love for the band. The campers were playing that album over and over into the wee hours of the night. I know it's good , but HEY!

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:49 AM

Oh hell yeah. AC/DC is one of only a handful of my favorite bands.

Back in Black is, in my opinion, their best work. From top to bottom, it's nothing but hits. Shoot to Thrill, Hells Bells, Have a Drink on Me and the title song compliment perhaps my favorite song of all time...You Shook Me All Night Long.

Bon Scott was kick ass...and it's a shame about his untimely demise. But I always liked Brian Johnson a bit better as their frontman. As for the new album...I didn't know about it either. Apparently it's called Black Ice and it's set to be released in mid to late October. Can't wait! inlove.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

I dunno, but Hell's Bells gets my vote for best song, the intro alone seals the deal!!

I love that track.

Bonfire is the box set with Bon Scott. I opted to buy a video collection, long before there was the Family Jewels, which I also bought. I got Live at Donnington on VHS many years back, now it's on BluRay IIRC!

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:29 AM

The new Album logo is (Half of it, anyway) in my sig, its called Black Ice and the single is coming out in a few days.

My favourite song by AC/DC is Guns for Hire from Flick of the Switch, although I never say no to playing If you want Blood on Guitar.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:55 AM

Brain Johnson was a wise choice, unlike Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth, people tend to associate the two singers better. I find though, in the VH camp, there are people like me who enjoy and respect both, even though they, themselves, do not.

Black Ice is what ends up on a road in sub-arctic conditions from heated car exhaust, and typically leads to accidents. In case someone is not familiar

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:18 AM

I love these guys. They are just fun to listen to. Highway to Hell has got to be my favorite album though.

I got a question, maybe joe can answer. Is it true that Brian Johnson was visited by Bon's ghost and he helped him write the lyrics for Back in Black?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

I've seen a number of interviews with Brian Johnson and Angus Young, never heard that, but those guys were ALWAYS goofing so I think we'll see them together as a band for a long time to come.

The chemistry is there. I applaud the fact they feel no need to move from one area to the next, they rock n roll because they love it, fundamentally, and you have to respect musicians like that because they continue to do things from a listener's perspective, that is deliver in the time honored tradition. You know what you're buying when you get that new CD/album

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:28 AM

Love AC/DC, my Dad has all the albums, and I of course have them on my iPod. There is nothing better than listening to Dirty Deeds or Highway to Hell when yo are riding a bike or running. It gets you pumped up, and that's one of the reasons why I love AC/DC. They are always able to get your blood running.

Campo.
  • Campo.

Uber Aussie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hell yeahs! I love AC/DC! Can't wait for the new album

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

Back in Black and Highway to Hell were both awesome.
Their new stuff has gone downhill a tad, but by regular standards, it's still pretty sick. inlove.gif

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Aug 25 2008, 06:18)
I love these guys. They are just fun to listen to. Highway to Hell has got to be my favorite album though.

I got a question, maybe joe can answer. Is it true that Brian Johnson was visited by Bon's ghost and he helped him write the lyrics for Back in Black?

I wouldn't know, I've never heard of that before, but I wouldn't put it past Bon to do that.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (greebo-man @ Aug 25 2008, 08:17)
Back in Black and Highway to Hell were both awesome.
Their new stuff has gone downhill a tad, but by regular standards, it's still pretty sick. inlove.gif

They've got a better rockin attitude then half the bands out there, but the later songs don't have the electrifying energy of the 70s and 80s.... Not sure if it's just the whole scene floundering.

An interesting aside is that Boston's Tom Shultz was asked about albums sounding the same after many years passing, he said he never bothered listening to the current radio unless he was in a bar, playing pool!
Kind of a musical time-warp

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

AC\DC are decent, i aint a big fan of them or anything but they have a few good ones (Highway to Hell) and someother ones i dont know the name to

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:54 AM

Sing the lyrics and we'll try and guess 'em! haha biggrin.gif

I am not a big fan either, but they are legends just the same. They stuck it out from the 70s onward, never changing too much with the times, that is highly honorable!! For Those About To Rock.....

I salute YOU!!!! cool.gif icon14.gif
Anyone got the metalhead bobbing GIF image??

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

Anyone hear the new song? (Rock 'n Roll Train)

I like it, its a dirty deeds style guitar settings, Stiff Upper Lip riffs and Black in Black singing IMO.

cadm9410
  • cadm9410

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

Sweet! I got history with AC/DC cool.gif

Angus can really tear it up on stage. My 5th favorite guitarist and my 4th favorite band!

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

AC/DC is the kind of band that you only have to listen to one song to know how good they are. All of they songs are epic. My favorite song from them is Hell's Bells, definetelly. I don't know why, I think it's because of the way the riff changes to the rythm, it just moves me.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (Joe. @ Aug 28 2008, 10:07)
Anyone hear the new song? (Rock 'n Roll Train)

I like it, its a dirty deeds style guitar settings, Stiff Upper Lip riffs and Black in Black singing IMO.

Must be on YT by now, I heard they played it on morning radio here, but I was woken by the Fed Ex guy dropping off the Dell D800 replacment I bought. I missed it all day today, damn!

Hell's Bells is a mighty tune, along with Those About To Rock, that intro and outros are classic to this day!!

Lost-Fender
  • Lost-Fender

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:13 AM

I've listened to Rock and Roll Train, and it reminds of old school AC/DC. I really like it. I hope the rest of Black Ice is just as good. icon14.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:44 AM

Yeah, it's a strong song, perhaps better then new Metallica?!?

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:45 AM

Hell yes! You don't like ACDC you suck! Thunderstruck FTW! Also Back in Black! f*cking rules!

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

AC/DC were always consistent as f*ck and should not be compared to Metallica and such.

Lt. Dan
  • Lt. Dan

¡Demasiado tío!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

Black Ice is shaping up to be the best album they've released since For Those About to Rock (besides the Razors Edge)

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Sep 5 2008, 12:47)
AC/DC were always consistent as f*ck and should not be compared to Metallica and such.

Still.....

Metallica has great respect for these guys, any doubters???

AC/DC could be compared to Slayer, however, they know what works for them and they make the same album, over and over, and over and over, and..... biggrin.gif

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

I just heard there new song and all i can say is that classic rock is back!

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

Ah AC/DC. I love their Back in Black and Dirty Deeds albums.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:19 AM

Speaking of... AC DC.
Chris Slade played for the band, Recently he joined UFO bassist Pete Way in his band, Damage Control IIRC. I think this act is worth taking a look at, I heard part of a promo pack I downloaded that had a PDF file with BIOS on the members. I knew Slade from his work with David Gilmour in 1985, and The Firm, how could you not enjoy The Firm?!?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users