• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

Crash land turn.gif ?

jake4
  • jake4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Aug 22 2008, 13:35)
Crashy landy turn.gif ?

NO

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Buy SA and do the flight missions. One of the most f*cking aggravating things ever in a videogame, but it'll teach you how to fly.

(I had to buy 2 controllers for that mission, I broke all of mine, lol.)

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

First you need the space to land.
Then to land nicely you have to be careful and do it slowly.
You can come down fast without blowing up though.

Controlling it just be careful and practice.

The thing is if you try to turn whilst going fast you keep going straight so you need to control the speed and be CAREFUL.

Erados
  • Erados

A Confrontationalist's Wet Dream, Apparently

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Practice, yeah. They're not as easy to control as in the other GTAs. Whatever you do, don't use that Sixaxis stupid movement thing if you have a PS3. That's the worst thing to use.

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

It's actually very easy and rewarding when you get used to it. My advice is to get in a chopper, and get to a high altitude and just get a 'feel' for the controls, then try doing a circle of the statue of happiness, finally practise landing, dont forget that you can change cam views! Good luck sir. Roger wilko and out.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Aug 22 2008, 13:35)
Crash land turn.gif ?

lol biggrin.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (jake4 @ Aug 22 2008, 14:33)
Need Help Landing and controling a helicopter

Thanks whatsthat.gif

you might find it easier using the thumbsticks thats how i fly them, or allternativly you could look in the manual at the controls!

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

You got to land slowly because if you land quickly (even not that quickly sometimes) the windows shatter.

EDIT: I'm the Homeboy! 900th post!!! tounge.gif

Kelao
  • Kelao

Let's go bowling!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Aug 23 2008, 00:39)
You got to land slowly because if you land quickly (even not that quickly sometimes) the windows shatter.

EDIT: I'm the Homeboy! 900th post!!! tounge.gif

Which is REALLY bad, right? tounge2.gif

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

Read the instruction manuel.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Kelao @ Aug 22 2008, 16:41)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Aug 23 2008, 00:39)

EDIT:  I'm the Homeboy!  900th post!!! tounge.gif

Which is REALLY bad, right? tounge2.gif

It's still a sign that your helicopter is damaged but it's not terrible as I can always get another one (if I ever got the Police Maverick then I might not get it back as that thing is very difficult to get, never got it yet).

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

To stop you must pull back as if going backward, hold L2 and R2 to hover, then lightly hold L2 to descend. use R1 and L1 to make turning easier/more effective. When beginning to go froward from a hover, lean hard forward to go the fast. You will lose altitude, and will need to let off of the forward motion to regain.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Y'knahmean?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

When you get in your helicopter, find your favorite song or station. Just fly around the airport and learn the controls. Relax. If you lose your tail, just accellerate towards the direction your blades are facing until you find some flat land, and slowly bring 'er down. smile.gif Hope this helped.

jonstunt
  • jonstunt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:33 AM

Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, getting there, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, this is fun, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, this is wicked, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, this is my fave form of transport.

It's very hard to actually show someone how to fly with ease, even if you're in the same room. The best advice I can give is don't move the stick too much, when trying to land, It'll find it's own center, relax, it's actually quite hard to kill yourself in a chopper (unless you jump out)

MtOlympus
  • MtOlympus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (jake4 @ Aug 22 2008, 13:33)
Need Help Landing and controling a helicopter

Thanks whatsthat.gif

If you have a PS3, make sure you take off the Sixaxis control. It's worthless.

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

haha i cant believe people have trouble flying its so easy!!! just use the sticks and move them smoothly dont just turn it so much that u find ur flying upside down....

CameronS100
  • CameronS100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Erados @ Aug 22 2008, 15:57)
Practice, yeah. They're not as easy to control as in the other GTAs. Whatever you do, don't use that Sixaxis stupid movement thing if you have a PS3. That's the worst thing to use.

The Sixaxis thing in GTA4 is pretty stupid. It's hard to control and useless in sharp turns.

livejoker
  • livejoker

I'm Herbert Moooooooon!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (jonstunt @ Aug 23 2008, 00:33)
Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, getting there, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, this is fun, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, this is wicked, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, this is my fave form of transport.

It's very hard to actually show someone how to fly with ease, even if you're in the same room. The best advice I can give is don't move the stick too much, when trying to land, It'll find it's own center, relax, it's actually quite hard to kill yourself in a chopper (unless you jump out)

I have the 360, but i'm not sure if the PS3 has the click-thumbstick feature. Anyway, when landing, for the 360, click and HOLD the left thumbstick to make the helicopter hover, then slowly press down, NOT ALL THE WAY DOWN, on the left trigger. Can't get any better landing = )

To fly, get into a heli and leave it like 1 minute to fly upwards by pressing the RIGHT trigger. Then you can just play around with the thumbsticks. Use the right thumstick or the BACK button and get yourself a good view. First person view might help. Helps to fire those machine guns cool.gif

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

The Sixaxis thing in GTA4 is pretty stupid. It's hard to control and useless in sharp turns.

I agree, but it's a bloody cool way to reload.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users