Photo

Problems with Wifi Stick.

12 replies to this topic
craze08
  • craze08

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

I have a USB Thrustmaster Wifi Funaccess PSP Stick that work with all wifi compatable devices (Laptops, PS3, iPhone etc.) and I have installed it on my internet enable PC and whenever I try to share it with my internet it just says 'Internet sharing error!' and I can't figure out how to fix it and really need some help. Can anyone tell me what to do?

I have Virgin Media Size L Broadband and it uses an ethernet cable to plug into the computer. It used to work when the modem was plugged in by USB but I uninstalled it accidentally when I switched it to ethernet.

Help really appreciated.

Thanks

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

Never heard of it, got a link to background on the product? I assume you mean Ethernet in terms of the Cat5 cables? If USB was working and it's a USB, that seems to equate to a reason.

I just picked up a $3 used USB Sony thumb drive, it's a 2GB unit that has some compression utility on it, about 3MB in size. I've not heard of that before either. This thing works too, but the compression software I typically don't bother with, and not sure how great it is either (Sony MicroVault).

craze08
  • craze08

• Members

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:19 PM Edited by craze08, 25 August 2008 - 10:56 AM.

Here is the link to where I got the product, it has all the information about it there. It does say on the product description that it works with any USB or Ethernet modem.

The area I live in has recently been upgraded for all people who have virgin media 4mb broadband to 10mb broadband (the installed fiber optic cable instead of the old copper wire) and internet in my house was off for several day (don't have a clue why, and their customer services are useless). It when it came back on that I tried to reinstall the software, and this is where it would 'share' the internet connection, which I need to do to be able to connect to it. My laptop can pick it up but it always says Limited or no connectivity'.

Link: Here (http://www.amazon.co...19661749&sr=8-1)

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

Lol, you forgot to post the link.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:23 AM Edited by Slamman, 25 August 2008 - 12:25 AM.

Limited or No equates to No, sadly, in most cases. I've seen that, when a router it's Phishing for is locked (SIC! haha)

Since you, I presume, set the WEP and security codes, it's a matter of each device recognizing the other, and to go off topic, my friend Rob says he can't remember the code for the lock on his Router. Don't know if he's just saying that to me, but it doesn't help to forget that!!

craze08
  • craze08

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Aug 24 2008, 16:50)
Lol, you forgot to post the link.

lol, Sorry. I have edited my second post.

Off Topic: Why are the clickable links disabled?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:54 AM

Most of the BB code, other then bolding text was turned off due to the person or persons (seems it was one, as they made themselves known in General Chat) decided to hack the boards and be malicious about it.

craze08
  • craze08

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 27 2008, 01:54)
Most of the BB code, other then bolding text was turned off due to the person or persons (seems it was one, as they made themselves known in General Chat) decided to hack the boards and be malicious about it.

Oh I see, anybody know how long for?

jersiq
  • jersiq

Division By Zero

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

It is still bridging the connection for ICS with the USB port that went to your router. When you initially installed the software, it set this up for you automatically. Two choices I can see:
1) manually change the bridging in ICS yourself
2) remove and re-install the software provided with the USB stick

craze08
  • craze08

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (jersiq @ Aug 27 2008, 14:56)

2) remove and re-install the software provided with the USB stick

I have tried a few times to reinstall the software that came with it but still no hope.

QUOTE (jersiq @ Aug 27 2008, 14:56)

1) manually change the bridging in ICS yourself

How do I do this?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (craze08 @ Aug 27 2008, 13:37)
QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 27 2008, 01:54)

Oh I see, anybody know how long for?

Nope, sorry.
Another question there is will code used currently go into proper effect when it's back in operation!?

As to the ICS, I am unfamilar as well

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 29 2008, 03:17)
Another question there is will code used currently go into proper effect when it's back in operation!?

Not automatically. BB Code is only changed into HTML when a post is created or edited. You could just edit it (and do nothing) and it would be redone though.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

That's good to know, thanx there, Rex! smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users