The woods are pretty spooky.
  • CoolMods likes this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

I never  found CJ's house scary at all. Back O Beyond would have to be the scariest when it's raining, but even then it's not that scary.

Ha! I did. There was one time when I found the house eerie and spooky. There was a time when the Samara and CJ's Mom's myths emerged and I was so scared to encounter them while running into the empty house at night.

I think the spookiest place is the Back o' Beyond and Panopticon. Both places scared me so much that at times I was too afraid to leave the vehicle - or had to stay on the roofs of various buildings. Eerie mist, bood-stained cabins, complete isolation from humanity added charm and character to these places.

• CoolMods likes this

ult1matum
  • ult1matum

LUL xD

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:58 PM Edited by ult1matum, 27 November 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Prolly all factories and industrial facilities cuz they're empty and that's weird. Same goes for GTA5.

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

G Street

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:42 PM Edited by CoolMods, 27 November 2017 - 04:42 PM.

Yeah true panopitcon is scary too

• Lazlo_ likes this

Cryo The Hunter
  • Cryo The Hunter

Helisexual

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

The forest near mount chilliad, I still remember a day when I was playing gta sa as a kid with a friend and we were ''camping'' with a sandking in the woods, when suddenly the sandking and my friend were sent down flying into the river and we were like ''WTF WAS THAT YOU ????''.

BLADE_San_Andreas
  • BLADE_San_Andreas

ok

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:16 AM Edited by BLADE_San_Andreas, 12 December 2017 - 11:16 AM.

I remember when the ghost town figure was a thing me and my friends went to investigate it! So we turned on the cheat for fog and night and we went there. We were 15 minutes there so i thought lets go to the graveyard.I was there a little bit and then i saw a plane crash right next to me.

I shat my pants and i said we're never going here again...

• Obb Porff likes this

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

As a kid the most spookiest things for me was the woods and the johnson house when the bigfoot myth came out i used to be terrified of the woods and would only go looking for him with a friend other then that i try to get away from it asap. It always felt like something was watching me and it was so quiet in 2017 im hoping some jumps out on me ill just laugh and shoot it

The johnson house was just too empty and quiet that i didnt spend alot of time in there because i used to think cj mom ghost would spawn but as previously stated in 2017 i hope something would jump out on me ill just laugh i wish they did add scary stuff to the game tho like the woods is just a huge thing with nothing in it but trees and grass
  • ArmyRaidFail404 and 4nsmiley like this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

The fact Rockstar gave a so awful handling to the road vehicles (apart for the bikes) and decided to force the player to play so many races when I see how excellent the handling is in Vice City with only 6 races.

• 4nsmiley likes this

Bancheee
  • Bancheee

Go Sixty-Niners!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

The busted Glendale that rolls down the hill in Back o Beyond was a little startling when I first saw it

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

CJs house was always spooky. When I was a kid, I tried with my best effort to save up enough money to buy another house because I just so badly wanted to never visit that house again and save in it.

As for right now, it's probably the photographer that commits suicide outside of Los Santos. I still find that sh*t f*cked up.

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Meth Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

I found Catalinas hideout to be very spooky when I first played it. 2nd scary place was the valley of Mount Chilliad where you have to kill and photograph the victim.
  • Obb Porff likes this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

CJs house was always spooky. When I was a kid, I tried with my best effort to save up enough money to buy another house because I just so badly wanted to never visit that house again and save in it.

As for right now, it's probably the photographer that commits suicide outside of Los Santos. I still find that sh*t f*cked up.

Ha! I used to sprint towards the save icon, and then immediately out, trying to be as quick as possible.

• RetroMystic likes this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

G Street

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

well maybe he acidentally took a photo of Justin Bieber and killed himself

LongLiveJojo
  • LongLiveJojo

RIP Lil Jojo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

It has to be CJs house.

Lazlo_
  • Lazlo_

• Members

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

I can think of a lot of places. Hearing SA zombie rumors online didn't help.

Getting stuck on Mt.Chilead/Diablo at night and finding that weird glow in that cave.

Making a wrong turn on the way to the Big Ear/VLA and winding up in an abandoned cemetery in Death Valley.

Finding bodies at the bottom of a pit in the desert, which made me scared of ever driving through west Bone County at night. Ever. What the hell kind of people run a snake farm anyways.

For some reason, the housing complex in Creek gives me the creeps. Its just an isolated neighborhood and it makes the peds who hang around there seem creepy.

Theres a quasi glitch around the Docks, or what I imagine is Inland Empire/City of Industry where its old Ballas territory, so occasionally if the game decides to spawn a gang, it accidentally spawns Ballas. This scared me because years after I chased down every last Balla in a genocidal rage to drive them to extinction, years later I see them hanging around that bridge over pass. I hated Ballas so much that when the last one was left, I got a camera to take a picture of the body laying next to I-710 after I shot him.

Which makes me creepy too, I guess. They really ticked me off though.

I mapped my own safe house on the hill over looking Bayside/Sausalito. In the process, I didn't know at the time that some objects spawn peds. So I put an Adirondack lounger on the front porch and a picnic table and chairs.

I'm checking the mod one night, walk out of my save house out in the sticks in the middle of nowhere after hearing rumors of zombies in the game, and find a strange Jamaican just hanging around my porch in the dark when I turn the corner of the house. Scared the bejeezuz out of me.

Eventually, I cloned the object so there would be no more spawns. 

But I still spent hours mapping a wall and fence around the estate. And a lot of lights.

How about when you steal a car in a hurry, speed out and have been driving for two minutes and check the passenger side and find a ped has been in the car with you the whole time.

And then theres that feeling when  you're stopped at a light at night after you've already been jacked and someone walks up to the car. Before I knew who was who, I dont know how many innocent peds I shot who were just crossing the street

• Lioshenka, CoolMods, Am Shaegar and 1 other like this

Lazlo_
  • Lazlo_

• Members

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

Yeah true panopitcon is scary too

I know, right? For some reason, a lot of the farms in SA sorta creep me out. Maybe from getting stuck in the sticks at  night so often.

Something about old farm machinery and broken down shacks in the fog. Maybe I should look for a flash light mod. I think I had one but it was glitchy as heck.

• Lioshenka and Am Shaegar like this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

flight school

• Evil empire likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:27 AM

For me it has to be the forests near Mount Chiliad and that ghost town in the desert with the Spanish name. The hilly country above Los Santos in Red County is quite eerie at night too. Big Smoke's Crack Palace after the main story's ending unnerves me....even though it was dead silent, I just got the feeling that Big Smoke's ghost lurked around the place and was watching me when I revisited it once - he always said he wanted to be remembered and not forgotten !

I never found CJ's original home scary at all, I never even thought of it as being haunted by his mom. 

• Efreet, RetroMystic and Am Shaegar like this

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

My presence in Back O' Beyond.

Oh wait, that's Bigfoot, not me.

Oh wait, that's just a stupid myth which for some reason people still believe in.

GTA_CAT
  • GTA_CAT

One inconformist

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Andorra

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

Most spookiest places are scenarios you reach entering in blue hell, like Jeferson motel or Las Venturas strip.

Concerning "regular places" and not blue hell, mountains behind Bayside Marina. It's like an abandoned place, there's a mountain ridge with meadows, some trees and what it seems to be small light posts on the top, and suddenly you find cliffs. Nothing happens there, nobody is there...
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Male01
  • Male01

Conductor of the Damn Train

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:16 AM Edited by Male01, 16 March 2018 - 02:25 AM.

For me, the creepiest places are the parts of San Andreas that don't turn invisible in the Hidden Interiors Universe. If you want me to name the creepiest one, I would say the Vagos House where you meet Denise. The YouTuber whose videos I keep mentioning in the Beta threads once made a creepypasta, and like the rest of his videos. many copycats appeared. This person does the best content. His creepypastas are made to feel as real as possible. If you were to jump off from the interior of the Jefferson Motel., you would truly land in the previously mentioned area. If the Los Santos Riots are happening, the atmosphere becomes even creepier.

By the way, all of Las Venturas is also creepy if your money is at a negative amount. The black Admiral, driven by assassins hunting you down, appears when you least expect it. When you wait for the assassins to come, you become disappointed after they don't arrive in such a long time and you let your guard down. After that point, you become paranoid and you start driving at full speed on the highway. Not even driving an emergency vehicle with its sirens on can do much help in your attempt to escape. You know they will come, but when you think they aren't coming, they come.

• Am Shaegar likes this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

G Street

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

For me, the creepiest places are the parts of San Andreas that don't turn invisible in the Hidden Interiors Universe. If you want me to name the creepiest one, I would say the Vagos House where you meet Denise. The YouTuber whose videos I keep mentioning in the Beta threads once made a creepypasta, and like the rest of his videos. many copycats appeared. This person does the best content. His creepypastas are made to feel as real as possible. If you were to jump off from the interior of the Jefferson Motel., you would truly land in the previously mentioned area. If the Los Santos Riots are happening, the atmosphere becomes even creepier.

By the way, all of Las Venturas is also creepy if your money is at a negative amount. The black Admiral, driven by assassins hunting you down, appears when you least expect it. When you wait for the assassins to come, you become disappointed after they don't arrive in such a long time and you let your guard down. After that point, you become paranoid and you start driving at full speed on the highway. Not even driving an emergency vehicle with its sirens on can do much help in your attempt to escape. You know they will come, but when you think they aren't coming, they come.

If i'm being honest, the Vagos house is pretty creepy after the Buring Desire.

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

Don't know why but Doherty really scared me as a kid. 

The destroyed buildings, the derelict garage and the fact that the guy who we buried in Deconstruction may still be alive and swimming in his own crap, possibly yelling cries for help but to no avail, is what gave me shivers as a kid.

Male01
  • Male01

Conductor of the Damn Train

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

DirtCheap: Doherty is also visible in the Hidden Interiors Universe. Like I previously mentioned, the visible areas creep me out, especially with the riots activated.

the gta psychopath
  • the gta psychopath

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The johnson house was just too empty and quiet that i didnt spend alot of time in there because i used to think cj mom ghost would spawn

Yeah the emptiness coming from the Johnson house was creepy enough for me and then hearing about the ghost I have never gone back sense

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Getting game magazines back around 2004-2005 always had interesting rumours about these myths. Shame all the mysteriousness went after people searching the game files knowing nothing exists in the woods etc etc . Internet killed all the myths

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I do not find any place truly scary, like Half-Life scary with industrial buildings and headcrabs. In the forests there are few trees and you can see a great distance to a recognizable landmark or road, and all roads are always filled with noisy vehicles even during night time. Regardless what a website says, there are obviously no threatening monsters outside gang territories and missions.

The most close to spooky for me would be on top of Chilliad, Back of Beyond or Castle of the Diablo, where planes fall and have actually damaged or killed my character. But only because of the planes. I like forest and absence of people, where you can escape any enemies or police. The roads in Bone County where cars move at insane motorway speeds and you have to cross there with the quarry truck filled with explosives scare me to some extent even now, when I test drive a car and forget about those speeds.

When I was a kid, all types of industrial buildings scared me in real life where I could potentially fall or be surprised by school bullies or guard dogs. Ocean docks and the Russian factory building in LS are most like that. But again, those places are too close to populated roads. Nothing even close to remote in SF Doherty.

I have modified my game to remove population in night hours to increase contrast between day and night and make countryside feel more remote. It doesn't work very well because rural zones overlap motorways, but it is an improvement.

I played on a multiplayer server some time ago where they had created a new mapping with very dense forest (called Islamorada) that was not shown on minimap for technical reasons. The draw distance border was not visible, in every direction there was a tree. The area was new to me, I felt a bit spooked. Unlike basegame, the ground could also wear down the health of my car. The place lagged extremely, and I can see why forests have the present density, and reduced immersion.

4nsmiley
  • 4nsmiley

Busta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Those myth videos didn't help either. I would never go to the woods. Bigfoot scary me to death lol,also cj house especially when you're playing in the middle of the night.

Obb Porff
  • Obb Porff

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

For me it is:
-Back o beyond
-Fisher's Lagoon

And the most scary is Catalina's cabin. It sppoke me so much that I never go there except during Catalina's missions.
  • 4nsmiley likes this

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Forgot one thing. Not exactly a place. But the red weather color during rainstorms in all of the countryside looks very alien. I've now discovered that it apparently is a bug in the PC version's Time Cycle settings. Until now I thought that in America near desert the sky is like that, or at least it is exaggerated artist's impression of a real phenomenon.

I played a little with a mod tool called TimeSync Tool, which allows access to some additional extra weather codes. And one of them looks like a black hole is coming and swallowing the Earth. Especially if I also encounter crazy speeding cars, which seem like they are trying to escape this disaster. No need for an imagination of a child here. Quite real.
  • 4nsmiley likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users