Quantcast

» «
Photo

Finally! a good handheld version of gta coming?

31 replies to this topic
HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

being that liberty city stories & vice city stories were terrible games, will gta finally get it right with chinatown wars? they say the 3 rd time is the charm right? well this is my last chance for gta if they come out with more garbage like they did for those other 2 games im sorry but ill be done with it n just stay with the home system games. I mean i want to take gta on the road with me but how when the games totally suck so bad? impossible! i do not know anyone at all who likes the 2 handheld games that are already out and many r fearful this chinatown thingy will be just as bad. will gta finally get it right this time r flop again?

the_don94
  • the_don94

iHackô

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

Can you explain to us why you thought Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were terrible games?

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

If you don't like LCS or VCS you'll probably hate Chinatown Wars

Angelo Leone
  • Angelo Leone

The Mafia Superstar

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

Even if you like LCS and VCS,you'll hate Chinatown Wars.It's Triad trash.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

I can understand with VCS, I guess, but LCS terrible? Chinatown Wars, will be good, but I can't see it being as good as those two.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

I enjoyed both LCS and VCS, so I'm probably going to disagree with your opinion of Chinatown Wars too.
I also have the GTA Advance game (meaning VCS would have been "third time's the charm"), but I've not really given that the time to decide if it's good or not as I only play it on a friend's DS.

At this point we have no idea what the game will be like. Since lots of people seem to have automatically assumed it will be terrible, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets great reviews just because it surpassed our expectations.

Is there anything about the nature of the portable format that you think makes GTA worse? Like smaller screen, shorter missions, different controls. Or, in your opinion, do you just think Rockstar Leeds don't put as much into the game as Rockstar North. I'd assume the budget and timescale are far less, so this may unavoidable. It will probably be the case with Chinatown Wars too.

completeidiot23
  • completeidiot23

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

GTa Advance would be 3rd times a charm. (GTa, GTa2 - both on GBC) biggrin.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

Tbh LCS was pretty boring IMO, they didn't take much effort.
VCS on the other hand was f u cking amazing, I really loved it and it's close to my favorite GTA.

Chinatown Wars will probably be cool because you are Asian finally!

gtahomie
  • gtahomie

sometimes my bro is on my account. damn

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

yes VCS was a very good game but i didnt really like gta LCS but i am looking forward to chinatown wars.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Angelo Leone @ Aug 17 2008, 21:30)

I love VCS and LCS, full scale GTA on the go. Chinatown whores looks like a Crap Cash-in.

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 17 2008, 18:02)
being that liberty city stories & vice city stories were terrible games, will gta finally get it right with chinatown wars? they say the 3 rd time is the charm right? well this is my last chance for gta if they come out with more garbage like they did for those other 2 games im sorry but ill be done with it n just stay with the home system games. I mean i want to take gta on the road with me but how when the games totally suck so bad? impossible! i do not know anyone at all who likes the 2 handheld games that are already out and many r fearful this chinatown thingy will be just as bad. will gta finally get it right this time r flop again?

This is the 3rd post where I have seen you dissing GTA stories. Those games were amazing especially considering the fact that they were on a handheld... I don't understand what part of these games you don't like.
If it's the graphics then quess what, you're gonna hate ChinaTown Wars or if it's gameplay, that's as good as it gets on a handheld.
I know you're entitled to your own opinion, but based on your hate posts on the Stories games, I can't imagine how you began to like the 3D GTA's in the first place...

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (completeidiot23 @ Aug 18 2008, 11:40)
GTa Advance would be 3rd times a charm. (GTa, GTa2 - both on GBC) biggrin.gif

Damn you and your knowledge! angry.gif biggrin.gif

I'd argue that they weren't originally conceived as handheld games and therefore don't count, but then we're just getting silly. I think they're all very charming, though I prefer 3D to top-down. I'm very intrigued to see what they do with this one.

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (the_don94 @ Aug 17 2008, 21:05)
Can you explain to us why you thought Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were terrible games?

does it really need to be explained lol? both games sucked, they were both unoriginal n predictable i knew what was going to happen before it did. i hate those kind of games, where you know exactly what is going to happen. i am not saying that ctw will be better, i am just hoping it is. graffics and all that crap really means nothing as long as it is a epic game of a great story. and if ctw steals from movies and tv shows like the other 2 did, gta headquarters deserves to be burned to the ground. just be original.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

HandiThug@ I hope your joking, they were not big titles and they still did so well. These games are both awesomely great. What do you mean by 'unoriginal'? Same city? Well they were only prequels.

QUOTE (Angelo Leone @ Aug 17 2008, 23:30)

I couldn't give a flying s h it if I worked for the Leone's again or if I worked for every gang. GTA is GTA, I enjoy it for what it offers.

And being a Triad is a thing I've waited for since a long time. But as long as it will be 3D then I will like it, if they make it for a PS2 or PC then I'll love it even more!

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (TT1987 @ Aug 17 2008, 21:28)
If you don't like LCS or VCS you'll probably hate Chinatown Wars

i think you are right. that is why i am begging for gta to make chinawars better! this handheld gta will make or break gta's on handheld systems. its is the 3rd one for DS vs PSP standard and i am hoping they finally get it right.

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Aug 17 2008, 22:34)
I enjoyed both LCS and VCS, so I'm probably going to disagree with your opinion of Chinatown Wars too.

i don't have an opinion on chinatown wars "yet" i only wish it is better than liberty city stories n vice city stories. when it finally comes i will share my opinion on it.

the_don94
  • the_don94

iHackô

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 09:40)

does it really need to be explained lol? both games sucked, they were both unoriginal n predictable i knew what was going to happen before it did. i hate those kind of games, where you know exactly what is going to happen. i am not saying that ctw will be better, i am just hoping it is. graffics and all that crap really means nothing as long as it is a epic game of a great story. and if ctw steals from movies and tv shows like the other 2 did, gta headquarters deserves to be burned to the ground. just be original.

Well obviously. It's called the "Stories" series for a reason. dozingoff.gif
And I have no idea what that has to do with it being portable.

mrgypsie
  • mrgypsie

Bringer of da ruckus

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:10 PM Edited by mrgypsie, 19 August 2008 - 12:14 PM.

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 18 2008, 12:42)
Tbh LCS was pretty boring IMO, they didn't take much effort.
VCS on the other hand was f u cking amazing, I really loved it and it's close to my favorite GTA.

Chinatown Wars will probably be cool because you are Asian finally!

Agreed, I love the idea of being a Chinese triad.

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 09:40)

Unoriginal? Well since GTA III it has pretty much been the same concept. (Except GTA IV wich was a big change)

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:33 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 19 August 2008 - 12:40 PM.

I don't understand why some people hate the Stories GTAs. I thought they were an incredible acheivement for hand held games.

They added things GTA III, and VC never did. Even though I love IV it wouldn't be a far stretch to say the Stories were more innovative to PSP then what IV is to PS3/360.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:18 AM

Finally a good handheld GTA? I see a lot of love for Vice City Stories and hate for Liberty City Stories. I guess DS fans should at least hope for a tie with Vice City Stories & Chinatown Wars. I have not played Vice City Stories yet, but I am playing Liberty City Stories now. It started out pretty good, but a lot of missions are getting repeative. Being that LCS is the first legitimate game to go handheld & everyone loves VCS, I think it is safe to say Chinatown Wars will be better than Liberty City Stories but not better than Vice City Stories. Its not there first game so they have much to work with.

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

It's a hand-held game. They were hand-held games.

For hand-held games they were bloody amazing.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (ceedot @ Aug 20 2008, 11:39)
It's a hand-held game. They were hand-held games.

For hand-held games they were bloody amazing.

Are they expected to be horrible because they are handheld games? Or is it just hatred that DS is getting a GTA game?

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

LCS and VCS weren't that bad. VCS was an improvement over LCS but if you didn't like them then, yes, you probably won't like Chinatown Wars.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:00 AM

Its possible.

iam'sink
  • iam'sink

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

VCS rules! What's up with you NahdiThug?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (iam'sink @ Sep 3 2008, 12:50)
VCS rules! What's up with you NahdiThug?

He's a f*cking idiot, happily banned!
VCS is f*cking awesome, tied with SA for my fav GTA, LCS was OK.

fastone
  • fastone

You Are An Overweight Gorilla

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

LCS and VCS are five hundred thousand times better than this quickly put together handheld.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (fastone @ Sep 23 2008, 16:19)
LCS and VCS are five hundred thousand times better than this quickly put together handheld.

You played Chinatown Wars already? wow.gif wow.gif

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Sep 23 2008, 19:02)

QFT and QFE. icon14.gif

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (nbond99 @ Sep 23 2008, 13:06)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Sep 23 2008, 19:02)

QFT and QFE. icon14.gif

yeah really, how in the hell is this "quickly thrown together"? for all we know Leeds could've started working on this soon after they finished porting VCS to the PS2 back in 2007.

anyways back on topic: imo Liberty City Stories was a fantastic GTA experience. GTA Advance and VCS... not so much. this game looks to be better than Advance and VCS but better than LCS? I doubt it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users