• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:34 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't be M.

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:45 AM

Probably, as long as GTA's involve carjacking and killing, it won't get any rating below M

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

It's going on DS, the horrible graphics wont allow for as much blood or gore, and it'll probably be aimed at a slightly younger age group than previous GTA's. I'm thinking T for Teen.

the all seeing eye
  • the all seeing eye

Slamman's Retarded Brother

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Aug 16 2008, 07:01)
It's going on DS, the horrible graphics wont allow for as much blood or gore, and it'll probably be aimed at a slightly younger age group than previous GTA's. I'm thinking T for Teen.

i'm with you buddy

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Not many people over 18 play a DS anyway. So it might be T. But then again with GTA's history it may be M.

Gabriel Constantin
  • Gabriel Constantin

Horror Punk Fiend

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (devilrock28 @ Aug 16 2008, 18:33)
Not many people over 18 play a DS anyway. So it might be T. But then again with GTA's history it may be M.

I'm eighteen and I own a DS. Where does it say that 18 year-olds don't play them? I think GTA will have a M/18 Rating like all the other GTA games. The graphics wont be that bad either, people underestimate the DS; stupid Sony fanboys.

Angelo Leone
  • Angelo Leone

The Mafia Superstar

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

I'm suprised the Nintendo Wiitards actually let a GTA game onto their platforms?For once,for the first time since Super Mario World,Nintendo did something right.

If Nintendo actually let GTA onto their platforms,they realized there was big money.In order to have that big money,it has to be M-rated.

Gabriel Constantin
  • Gabriel Constantin

Horror Punk Fiend

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Angelo Leone @ Aug 16 2008, 19:41)
I'm suprised the Nintendo Wiitards actually let a GTA game onto their platforms?For once,for the first time since Super Mario World,Nintendo did something right.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo don't care what games are released on their consoles, as long as it ends up making them money. It just happens to be that at the moment their core audience tends to be the very young, and very old, and such themselves as well as most third party developers are creating games targeting these demographics.

I'm certain there's never been a moment in gaming history where a console developer has said, or even had the right to say, "I don't want that on my console!" Remember Nintendo consoles in the past have had some pretty violent games on them. It just so happens Nintendo themselves are trying to target the console towards a very different audience. Developers can create whatever games they want.

Rockstar are taking a risk by creating a game that does not attack the console's target audience, but I think it will pay off in the end.

Angelo Leone
  • Angelo Leone

The Mafia Superstar

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

Well,whatever.I hate and have always hated Nintendo since The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time.

Now,the Playstation has had some horrible games*cough*Final Fantasy*cough* too,so you can't call me a Sony fanboy.

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Gabriel Constantin @ Aug 16 2008, 14:05)

I'm eighteen and I own a DS. Where does it say that 18 year-olds don't play them? I think GTA will have a M/18 Rating like all the other GTA games. The graphics wont be that bad either, people underestimate the DS; stupid Sony fanboys.

Are you calling me a "stupid Sony fanboy"? I'm not a fanboy, I think the DS's graphics are good but not as good as the 360 or PS3.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining more reasons why I'm not a fanboy.

Gabriel Constantin
  • Gabriel Constantin

Horror Punk Fiend

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (devilrock28 @ Aug 16 2008, 20:38)

Are you calling me a "stupid Sony fanboy"? I'm not a fanboy, I think the DS's graphics are good but not as good as the 360 or PS3.

I wasn't referring to you as an Sony fanboy, it just so happened that sentence tied in with the paragraph that quoted you. I'm sorry if I caused any offence.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Not necessarily. GTA 2 had a lot of blood.

Also, there were 3 GTAs on the Gameboy already: GTA, GTA 2, and GTA Advance.

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Gabriel Constantin @ Aug 16 2008, 15:54)
QUOTE (devilrock28 @ Aug 16 2008, 20:38)

I wasn't referring to you as an Sony fanboy, it just so happened that sentence tied in with the paragraph that quoted you. I'm sorry if I caused any offence.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. No problem.

QwertAAA is right there was three GTA's that featured on the Gameboy. I completely forgot about those.

Werven
  • Werven

Facefixer.

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:51 AM Edited by Werven, 17 August 2008 - 12:55 AM.

America - M = 17
Australia - Adult (or whatever its called) = 15
The gameboy THE GAMEBOY one even got an M, its probably gonna have all the "Oh f*ck no you didn't" language and gore in it, so M.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:48 PM Edited by Slamman, 17 August 2008 - 02:02 PM.

Horrible graphics? It's the same RL that is making this game as has made Stories, and while that is PSP tech, it ported right to the PS2 as well without much polish.
The thing is, despite any lower res graphics then that, the M rated content of story, language and themes won't fare better for a underage audience. This needs to stay an adult game, keep the Simpsons for the Teens, and NintenDogs!

Gab, you haven't researched your statement, have you??
>>I'm certain there's never been a moment in gaming history where a console developer has said, or even had the right to say, "I don't want that on my console!" Remember Nintendo consoles in the past have had some pretty violent games on them. It just so happens Nintendo themselves are trying to target the console towards a very different audience. Developers can create whatever games they want.

You are not correct to assume that Nintendo's head honcho is open to any game on his machines. He abhores voilent, exploitive entertainment, which is why this IS a surprise, but they did flirt with GTA before.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

Rated M...The brand should stay consistent.

I hope Chinatown Wars does well, I'm looking forward to the next GTA game for PSP, I'm happy it won't be that San Andreas crap the lames have been wanting.

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 17 2008, 17:29)

I hope Chinatown Wars does well, I'm looking forward to the next GTA game for PSP, I'm happy it won't be that San Andreas crap the lames have been wanting.

You do realise that CTW is coming to the DS and not the PSP? I don't think R* has any plans to release a GTA title for the PSP in the near future...

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Smiley001 @ Aug 17 2008, 17:55)

You do realise that CTW is coming to the DS and not the PSP? I don't think R* has any plans to release a GTA title for the PSP in the near future...

and thank goodness for that. the psp games were just the worst! hopefully they never come out with another one.

Gabriel Constantin
  • Gabriel Constantin

Horror Punk Fiend

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 17 2008, 18:08)

and thank goodness for that. the psp games were just the worst! hopefully they never come out with another one.

Don't worry, they will. As long as Rockstar can keep making money off of them, they will keep making them. That's how business works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it my friend.

What's your problem with them anyway?

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Gabriel Constantin @ Aug 18 2008, 17:57)

Don't worry, they will. As long as Rockstar can keep making money off of them, they will keep making them. That's how business works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it my friend.

So what does Smiley001 have to say about this?

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 19:20)
QUOTE (Gabriel Constantin @ Aug 18 2008, 17:57)

So what does Smiley001 have to say about this?

About what? The fact that R* is making these games in order for the company to stay alive which is true fact or about the fact that you keep saying that basically GTA sucks? Nothing because you obviously have nothing better to do all day than to come to these forums and say that GTA sux, well we got your point already! Now move on...

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 17 2008, 13:48)

Horrible graphics? It's the same RL that is making this game as has made Stories, and while that is PSP tech, it ported right to the PS2 as well without much polish.
The thing is, despite any lower res graphics then that, the M rated content of story, language and themes won't fare better for a underage audience. This needs to stay an adult game, keep the Simpsons for the Teens, and NintenDogs!

Gab, you haven't researched your statement, have you??
>>I'm certain there's never been a moment in gaming history where a console developer has said, or even had the right to say, "I don't want that on my console!" Remember Nintendo consoles in the past have had some pretty violent games on them. It just so happens Nintendo themselves are trying to target the console towards a very different audience. Developers can create whatever games they want.

You are not correct to assume that Nintendo's head honcho is open to any game on his machines. He abhores voilent, exploitive entertainment, which is why this IS a surprise, but they did flirt with GTA before.

Yeah, yeah, and remember about Trauma Center, even if it got a T rating.

Handithug, shut up. PSP GTAs are great. They are nearly the most graphically advanced games on the platform, and they have great replay value. For some reason they are underrated, and I don't know why.

Edit: oh wait, it seems that he's banned.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:30 AM

The PSP is not perfect, but it's not Sega Game Gear!
I think they offered hours of portable play fun, and the radio made it twice as nice!! 4 sure

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

Over 18 only like all the other GTAs, but obviously kids will get their hands on it anyway...they would have to for R* to make any sales in a market mainly consisting of children. lol.gif

iam'sink
  • iam'sink

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

I think it will be M rated.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:50 AM Edited by jnzooger, 02 September 2008 - 10:55 AM.

I should point out...

The original GTA on GBC and GTA2 on the PS1 (originally) and GBC are/were rated T for Teen.

Not all GTA's are M for Mature in the USA.

(This post not meant to be a guide for other rating systems, however, apparently the original GTA and GTA2 rated M on the GBC instead of MA15+ by the OFLC in Australia.)

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

15+/16+ maybe?

Barciur
  • Barciur

Proud PC gamer.

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Aug 15 2008, 21:34)
I don't see why it wouldn't be M.

Because the OP is from UK where there is no M rating?

It will probably be M from ESRB and 18 from PEGI...

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

doesnt mattter what rating it gets. everyone under 18 will still play it anyway, they just wont be able to buy it from an established store.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users