Photo

Falling

12 replies to this topic
Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

I was just screwing around in GTA4, and I died from obviously survivable falls multiple times. It has happened before, but never so many times in one session.

What I mean is, like when you jump off a building that is too high for Niko to just roll when he hits the ground, but the building is still too low to kill Niko. Well, what has been happening to me is I will jump off a building that fits that description, and Niko will survive right when he hits the ground (though still taking some damage), but about a second after he hits the ground, he suddenly dies. I don't know if it's meant to happen, like Niko hits his head or something, but it's absolutely ridiculous, and there are few gaming experiences that have pissed me off to the extent of these occurances in GTA4.

Another example is if you hit something on a bike at mid-speed, and Niko flies off the bike, sometimes Niko will survive, only to be suddenly killed if the bike lightly touches him while he's on the ground.

Does anyone else experience this often? I had so many of these bullsh*t deaths a couple minutes ago that I almost snapped my controller in half and threw it at my TV, then took the GTA4 disc out of the Xbox and snapped it in half and used it to cut the throat of some guy walking outside my house, then threw the guy's body in the trunk of my car, dropped a grenade in the car and jumped out just before it went off a cliff, then extended my middle finger upwards while facing the used-to-be car. Almost.

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

If you haven't noticed, like every other GTA, your health slowly goes down after each injury you take... sigh.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:59 AM

Meh, its alot worse in SA when you die from hitting the ground, then stand up, only to fall down dead straight away. Happens all the time.

sanandreas luva101
  • sanandreas luva101

AKA Deri

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

Yeah that is quite annoying. Like one time i was on the cliffs on the beach (but they were small cliffs) i jumped off, hit the side, landed face first on the beach, but i was fine. But Niko didn't get up! he was just sliding down the beach very slowly but he was loosing health!? notify.gif . And tyhen he died by sliding down the beach??

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

Buddy you try falling from the heights Niko does
or get hit by a bike going full speed and see how you do.

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

probibly from nikos head hitting the ground because when i fall off a bike and hit his head wit no helmet on he loses alot of health. however when the helmets on he doesnt lose nearly enough damage!

keithmii2
  • keithmii2

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

I went drinking with Packie with a sliver of health remaining. I went to walk out the bar and when I went to open the door I lost my slither and Niko died.

I kind of like the fact that if you fall of the motorcycle and it lands on you, you die. I think its kinda funny most of the time, unless I'm doing a mission....When I'm on a mission it's the stupidest thing in the game.

Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (keithmii2 @ Aug 16 2008, 01:53)
I went drinking with Packie with a sliver of health remaining. I went to walk out the bar and when I went to open the door I lost my slither and Niko died.

I kind of like the fact that if you fall of the motorcycle and it lands on you, you die. I think its kinda funny most of the time, unless I'm doing a mission....When I'm on a mission it's the stupidest thing in the game.

I envy you. Whenever it happens to me, I could throw my controller so hard, it would go straight through a brick wall and keep on going. I'll be riding on my bike, then I'll hit a curb or something and Niko will go flying off (it's annoying how easy it is for Niko to fly off a bike), then Niko will hit a wall or something, then hit the ground. He'll have a fourth of his health left, only to die suddenly for seemingly no reason. I guess the most probable reason is that he hits his head on the ground or something, but that's f*cking annoying. It's a total gamble to jump off a small building. You might live or you might die, the only way to know which will happen is to jump off the building.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Aug 16 2008, 04:35)

I envy you. Whenever it happens to me, I could throw my controller so hard, it would go straight through a brick wall and keep on going. I'll be riding on my bike, then I'll hit a curb or something and Niko will go flying off

That's pretty accurate then. I wouldn't like to hit a curb on a motorbike in real life

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

You know those towers in the Industrial park, on the North side of Algonquin there is a scope rifle I always go get, however, one in Alderney I ventured up had a worker standing there smoking a cig. I pushed him once I got up there and he tumbled down to his death. No sign of blood when I got back down but it was still a sight to see. There's one open roof with bums hanging about where Playboy X leads you on a mission and other then that, I've seen precious few peds up that high, to give the ole tumble!

jordanscott765
  • jordanscott765

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:21 AM

i havent got it yet but i have ordered it i really wanna get it from all the forums and vidz ive seen they just make want it more

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:01 AM

You think that's odd??!?! (I had Niko fall flat on his feet, standing up, but it must have 'stinted him'!) I was at the gas station near East Island City/Dukes.
There was a car stuck turning into the pump island of the gas station. The hood/fender were stuck through the gas pump (graphically speaking)

Typically this is like two cars in SA that merge and then blow. No indication of trouble outside of a glitch.

I walk forward and B O O M!!!! MASSIVE Explosion blows the several cars there and Niko ALL the way up the hill to the building to the South of the station!! It was the longest I've EVER seen Niko fly, and I had health and armor so it was all depleted to a small red, blinking splotch! I survived but it was a VERY close call. About the most interesting quirk I've seen yet.

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

I swear in Multiplayer the dude who you are doesn't have a chance, anything happens and they're dead. You've got to watch what buildings you jump from and at what heights cos' anything will kill you given the chance and I know what you mean about landing, thinking your safe and rejoice when all of a sudden the screen turns a disappointing grey colour.

But actually my friend was playing on my game and experienced a lame death: he was driving towards a road block on Broker Bridge and he bailed from the car as it was turning side ways into the cop cars and flew out of sight but when the camera went back onto Niko, he was standing on a thin ledge when all of a sudden he 'fell' off and died, after performing a near miracle surviving the car crash it was a lame end to an exciting chase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users