Photo

The Triads

43 replies to this topic
Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (completeidiot23 @ Aug 22 2008, 16:32)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 22 2008, 23:36)
No I want it to leave me alone right now, the GTA3 canon has to continue, I ain't giving the new one a chance because the III will forever stay as the best.

You say that now, nut once a new GTa IV cannon game comes out you will like that better, believe me. I'm a big hardcore GTa fan, and I'm still convinced GTa IV is better. smile.gif

For me GTA4 is the worst GTA in the form of 3D so I'm feeling kinda bad for the future of these great series.

completeidiot23
  • completeidiot23

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 23 2008, 01:48)
QUOTE (completeidiot23 @ Aug 22 2008, 16:32)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 22 2008, 23:36)
No I want it to leave me alone right now, the GTA3 canon has to continue, I ain't giving the new one a chance because the III will forever stay as the best.

You say that now, nut once a new GTa IV cannon game comes out you will like that better, believe me. I'm a big hardcore GTa fan, and I'm still convinced GTa IV is better. smile.gif

For me GTA4 is the worst GTA in the form of 3D so I'm feeling kinda bad for the future of these great series.

Well I'm not gonna argue, everyone has their own opinion. It is a forum.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:01 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 23 August 2008 - 04:10 AM.

Fair enough Flesh-n-Bone smile.gif .

I think the GTA III canon will be very hard to top, but I'll give the GTA IV one a chance.

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:36 AM Edited by skarface1013, 23 August 2008 - 05:38 AM.

Dude, there are hundreds of stories that could be made up to match the GTA 3 canon. The GTA 3 canon is classic and will always be, but now it's history. I personally want the series to carry on with the GTA 4 canon, maybe with some references to the previous games. But Flesh-n-Bone, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, you make some good points icon14.gif . In the end, R* will decide. Maybe we will go back to the GTA 3 world, ya never know.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:10 AM

I hope they return. And yes IMO GTA4 was a let-down but that's just me. The GTA3 canon is a classic and matched to it's other games very well even though there was some small bugs like Miguel dying twice.

And MVC; what are Phil and Ken doing on the sig if it's the protagonists only? It's pretty funny, Toni is the one lying on the table, CJ is the one with a gun, Tommy is playing poker or something with Niko, Claude is watching them and Vic stands far out in that room. LOL @ that pic.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Not sure mate. I didn't make the pic, but thought it was pretty cool. wink.gif

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 23 2008, 10:10)
The Story:

The game's story centers around Huang Lee, a member of the Chinese Triads, who must deliver his just-assassinated father's Yu Jian, a supposed family heirloom and sword, to his Uncle Wu "Kenny" Lee. The inevitable ambush occurs along the way, and Huang must not only recover the sword, but avenge his father's death in the process.

Directly from the magazine.

Missions:

Title - Yu Jian

This introductory mission begins with Huang being robbed of the Yu Jian and left for dead at the bottom of the Humboldt River. He must then head to Uncle Kenny's restaurant (Sum Yung Gai) and inform him of the situation. From there you establish your first safe house in the game.

Title - Street of Rage

You must run to the aid of Wade Heston, a cop who is working with Huang, as he is ambushed by a mob of Korean assassins named the Wonsu Nodong. To reach Wade, you must defeat a chain-gun-wielding assassin by any means necessary. This mission introduces the grenade-throwing mechanic, where touching farther from the center of the touch-screen icon increases the range of your throw.

Title - Tricks of The Triad

This mission requires Huang to travel around Liberty City selling drugs to earn cash. This ultimately ends in a police bust, and Huand must escape a two-star Wanted level before making it back to his safe house.

Title - Recruitment Drive

Huang first saves three potential Triads from opposing gangs and recruits them into his own. The final part of the initiation requires Huang to tatto the new recruits using the touch screen.

Title - Driven to Destruction

By far the most outrageous and fun of the missions we played, this one has Huand driving with a fellow chain-gun-equipped Triad in the back of a truck while he exterminates the Jamaican gang members around the city. Just fill up the Carnage meter to completes the mission.

To be continued....

Soooo it turns out that Huang Lee is the star of Chinatown Wars. Cool hope he is a cool character!! I may have to pick this game up.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

"Avenge his father's death"

That sounds like the plot line of a Kung Fu flick.... I can't wait for this game to come out. Sounds like the story may be pretty cool.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

Edge magazine describes the Protagonist, Huang Lee, as a Hong-Kong based member of the Triads who's arriving in Liberty City to give his father's sword to his uncle, Wu "Kenny" Lee. This has got me wondering exactly when this is set.

When I first read this I assumed Huang was chinese and coming to America for the first time. I was expecting another immigrant story. The LCPD database in GTAIV (2008) has Huang as 25 years old, born in China with 2 notes on his record -
"2002 - Trademark counterfeiting
2005 - Grand Theft Auto"

It also says he's "believed to be working freelance for other oganizations in addition to his uncle's" [Lee Triad Gang].

So if these "facts" carry over to the CTW backstory, Huang Lee might already be in LC by the start of GTAIV meaning it's set a few years ago.
Or he was born in China, spent some time in LC between 2002-2005, worked with the triads in Hong Kong for a few years and is now returning to LC in the new game in 2008/9.

I guess it's most likely that this entry in the LCPD database can just be seen as a fun reference to another game and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I don't really know where I'm going with this. I just find the continuity between separate games interesting. I wonder how many other CTW characters are included in the database.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Oct 2 2008, 20:45)
Edge magazine describes the Protagonist, Huang Lee, as a Hong-Kong based member of the Triads who's arriving in Liberty City to give his father's sword to his uncle, Wu "Kenny" Lee. This has got me wondering exactly when this is set.

When I first read this I assumed Huang was chinese and coming to America for the first time. I was expecting another immigrant story. The LCPD database in GTAIV (2008) has Huang as 25 years old, born in China with 2 notes on his record -
"2002 - Trademark counterfeiting
2005 - Grand Theft Auto"

It also says he's "believed to be working freelance for other oganizations in addition to his uncle's" [Lee Triad Gang].

So if these "facts" carry over to the CTW backstory, Huang Lee might already be in LC by the start of GTAIV meaning it's set a few years ago.
Or he was born in China, spent some time in LC between 2002-2005, worked with the triads in Hong Kong for a few years and is now returning to LC in the new game in 2008/9.

I guess it's most likely that this entry in the LCPD database can just be seen as a fun reference to another game and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I don't really know where I'm going with this. I just find the continuity between separate games interesting. I wonder how many other CTW characters are included in the database.

Yea he may be going back and forth from Hong Kong to Liberty City. Im surprised Hong Kong doesn't have an alias like Liberty City, Vice City etc. We are aware of the GTA 4 database though. Hopefully the story will be a good one.

Angelo X
  • Angelo X

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

Who cares? It's gonna suck, they should've stuck with the III canon.

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Angelo X @ Nov 8 2008, 18:55)
Who cares? It's gonna suck, they should've stuck with the III canon.

Worst argument i've ever heard. Hahaha you didn't even explain why?.

Floriniho
  • Floriniho

I am banned

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

Who can give me the full game Chinatown Wars???Or just give me some links!!!Please help me!!! alien.gif cry.gif

User warned for post.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Floriniho @ Nov 15 2008, 21:11)
Who can give me the full game Chinatown Wars???Or just give me some links!!!Please help me!!! alien.gif cry.gif

User warned for post.

I don't think there is an official release date for it yet buddy. But I do know that the DS has out sold the PSP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users