Quantcast

» «
Photo

vice city stories vs vice city

125 replies to this topic
boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 28 2008, 15:00)
[color=lightgreen]
Boy? Oh your pretty tough - you inbred piece of sh*t.

victor vance is flesh n bone!

seriously killer kahn, just leave it out, you both have different opinions, cant you respect that?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ Aug 28 2008, 21:33)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 28 2008, 15:00)
[color=lightgreen]
Boy? Oh your pretty tough - you inbred piece of sh*t.

victor vance is flesh n bone!

seriously killer kahn, just leave it out, you both have different opinions, cant you respect that?

Haha, it actually says "inbred piece of white trash" but I cut it out.

boothy
  • boothy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

hmmmm, he MIGHT be white trash... monocle.gif

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ Aug 28 2008, 19:35)
hmmmm, he MIGHT be white trash... monocle.gif

And you might be a stupid limey.

gta4pc!
  • gta4pc!

general radek

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Killer.Khan @ Aug 28 2008, 14:35)

CJ was nothing more then a pussy. Catalina put a gun to his head and it amost looked like he sh*t his pants in fear. Tommy would've f*cked that bitch up till yesteryear. And you better believe it.

CJ needed to expand his empire more. Own a mansion and take control of the city. Please, choose your favourite characters wisely and give some sort of explination other then saying *Tommy's the worst protagonist ever* when he's clearly the best.

Ask anyone and they will say that he's their favourite protagonist. So STFU.

firstly...woudn't you lol tounge2.gif
and secondly...i dont think he was acually scared i think he was just playing innocent and stuff with her..i mean catalina loved carl..SO MUCH! she kept calling him.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Killer.Khan @ Aug 28 2008, 20:07)
QUOTE (boothy @ Aug 28 2008, 19:35)
hmmmm, he MIGHT be white trash...  monocle.gif

And you might be a stupid limey.

You might be a childish chump who gets mad and whines about everything and everyone.
Now come on, let's talk about how ba- I mean good VCS is smile.gif

boothy
  • boothy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

a limey? i've never gone to america, let alone sailed there, but i am british yes.

got a problem with that?

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ Aug 28 2008, 21:35)
a limey? i've never gone to america, let alone sailed there, but i am british yes.

got a problem with that?

Yeah. I do have a problem with you calling me white trash boothy. That's why I called you a limey. Shut the f*ck up mincemate. This doesn't concern you. So go f*ck yourself.

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

Vice City hands down. Tommy > Vic

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Prfctpersistent @ Aug 31 2008, 04:53)
Vice City hands down. Tommy > Vic

Finnaly. Someone who isn't stupid.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Killer.Khan @ Aug 29 2008, 23:39)
QUOTE (boothy @ Aug 28 2008, 21:35)

got a problem with that?

Yeah. I do have a problem with you calling me white trash boothy. That's why I called you a limey. Shut the f*ck up mincemate. This doesn't concern you. So go f*ck yourself.

Stop whining, you loser. How many topics have become victim to your insults to other members? Several, I do think. You need to stop acting like you're the king or something, because it really just gets on peoples nerves. Now, i'm through with this off topic fighting, and now i'll get back on topic.

You know, i've just had trouble comparing GTAs lately, perhaps because i've played them all several times and I just can't say the feeling they give off? I think i've played VCS or VC the most, VC for the most new games started, and VCS for the highest total gameplay hours. Usually, if i'm bored, i'll cut the PSP on and play VCS for a few minutes, then turn it into sleep mode when i'm done. Then it only takes 5 seconds to get back into the game.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Meh. Just ignore him, in these days since I stopped replying to his posts, he understood that his big plan has failed and I've never heard a single noise of him concerning me ever since.
I mean at first he tried to PM me with a bunch of spam and insults but I PM blocked him before he had the chance. He presumably got temp-banned for 1 day. And I wonder why some people think others seriously care about their disrespect list? Not targeted at anyone but these who have to mention it constantly non-stop when they have nothing better to come back with.

Anyways, on topic: Then I like VCS better because I like it's soundtrack more, better protagonist and a cool storyline, more features and more 80-ish.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

I wish that VCS could have kept the combat systems of past GTAs. At least, the combat system could have been checked for glitches, and work like the past combat systems? Running and attacking with melee weapons? Using a gorified chainsaw? And when it was ported to PS2, why couldn't R* implement the weapon system from SA, so that you could move the RAT and go into free aim?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, the melee weapons system is annoying in VCS. I mean even if you have to stop and attack, when using a chainsaw, if the enemy is lying on the floor it takes ages til' Vic sticks the chainsaw into the targets body. I attempted to do it several times when playing Last Stand but I failed and Mendez got up, kicked me and I fell as he fired at me until my health ran out.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

I remember the good old days of beating up tons of golfers with a club in VC, once I even beat up enough of them to get $6,000 so that I could buy a safehouse. That took a few days...

Another thing I didn't like about VCS was that many interiors were removed from the game. Sure, more room was needed to put in the empire and store interiors, but what harm were the Well Stacked Pizza shops doing? Or Kaufman Cabs? And why was the mall made such a bad place? Man, I could cry thinking about the good old days of watching endless wars between the PIG Guards and Streetwannabes (or cops and PIGS biggrin.gif) in VC. Well, not CRY, but it's just nice to remember.

boothy
  • boothy

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 1 2008, 19:51)
I attempted to do it several times when playing Last Stand but I failed and Mendez got up, kicked me and I fell as he fired at me until my health ran out.[/color]

you tried to chainsaw diego mendez?

you my friend are hardcore!

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ Sep 1 2008, 22:44)
I attempted to do it several times when playing Last Stand but I failed and Mendez got up, kicked me and I fell as he fired at me until my health ran out.[/color]

I actually did it on Armando once. It was funny seeing him lying on the floor and not getting the chance to call his guards, that was easier only because I was fireproof.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sep 2 2008, 14:01)
QUOTE (boothy @ Sep 1 2008, 22:44)

I actually did it on Armando once. It was funny seeing him lying on the floor and not getting the chance to call his guards, that was easier only because I was fireproof.

Forget chainsaws, I give him a taste of his own flames biggrin.gif.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

Also, another reason why I choose VCS over VC, I have thought Vice City was too easy, I could complete it in 1 day, but in VCS, it took me a few days to complete. Imo VCS had more fun missions, better storyline, characters, and more harder missions (I like hard missions better then easy missions tounge.gif).

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:11 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 05 September 2008 - 07:14 PM.

My opinion : Haven't played VCS so can't say much. Hope people don't get upset at me for sharing my opinions (obviously there's a lot of heat around here). However, I LOVE VC. Played it first so I might be being biased but who knows? I found it perfect. Just perfect. The whole city seemed not only oozing with life but was also quite bright, something that wasn't noticable in GTA3 (I HATE how dull the atmosphere was). The side missions was what really got me hooked. I'll never get tired of collecting hidden packages or doing the brown thunder in this game. EVER. The story missions were nice and challenging too. The Driver comes to mind here.

Story : Although inspired by Scarface at some points but just EPIC. Just a tad bit better than SA's and leagues better than GTA3's, IMHO. Some people might hate it just because of the lack of originality but hey, even GTA3 and SA were inspired. Goodfellas and Boyz in da hood, remember? Some might hate Tommy for being a Tony Montanna rip-off; I consider him what Tony should've been. R* actually did justice with the character. Tony got on my nerves and IMHO was just a loser in the end.

VCS : Now, I've heard a lot of negative things for VCS but I'm not believing it till I play it. Heard a lot of crap about SA and I now laugh at those people who spewed so much crap about it back then. Calling it awesome would be an understatement.

Tommy : No complaints about his lonely tough guy attitude. Not the most cheerful person but neither were Claude and CJ. Heck, CJ started out in deep sh*t, the story was about him getting out of that deep sh*t and making it back, stronger and better than ever. People are right when they say that CJ whined sometimes but who wouldn't. Same case for Tommy too. Besides, he seemed a lot more cheerful after capping Diaz.
Side note, if CJ is a wuss because of the aforementioned reason then Tommy and Claude give him good competition in that department too, plain simple.

Mz. Hazey
  • Mz. Hazey

I'm baaaaack

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:17 AM

VCS, the graphics were better, there were more options, and I liked Vic better.

The only annoyances to me....

- Vic was a bit of a softie. I like how Tommy was more bad ass and had that "don't give a f*ck" attitude.
- The trailer park people got me really annoyed. I didn't like that whole mission strand and the Vic/Louise relationship really annoyed me. I can't really explain why, I just felt like she didn't belong with him and was too low class for a suave, cool guy like Vic.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:33 AM

VCS sucks compared to VC.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Killer.Khan @ Sep 6 2008, 02:33)

I can only expect you to say something like that.

Anyway, I was a bit harsh on VCS... it's my second favorite now behind GTA SA. Happy, Flesh-n-Bone?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Sep 13 2008, 18:16)
QUOTE (Killer.Khan @ Sep 6 2008, 02:33)

I can only expect you to say something like that.

Anyway, I was a bit harsh on VCS... it's my second favorite now behind GTA SA. Happy, Flesh-n-Bone?

Rip off of my list tounge.gif

Sure it's my 2nd fav behind SA.

kdyke1993
  • kdyke1993

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:43 PM Edited by kdyke1993, 15 June 2009 - 04:46 PM.

For psp vcs was good but out of the two vc is better. graphically vcs is better because it is years newer. vc missions are great, vcs missions are terrible they went like this:

vic: i dont like drugs i dont want to sell drugs!
lance: yo bro lets steal these drugs and sell them.
vick: ok then.

vic: im a good guy, i get money for my sick brother, i treat women with respect. And i also go round mindlessly killing citizens and officers.

the story and vic where pathetic, you cant make a gta main character a nice good guy. tommy knew he was a mafia guy and he stayed true to his role.

cj- best main character
tommy- GREAT main character
nicko- "I KEEL YOU"
claude/gta3 guy- ok character highered mussle
tony- a bit of a b, i, t, c, h.
vic- cant make a gta character a nice guy, it dont work, ruins the game.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Tommy was basically an absolute c*nt to everyone who trusted him, but basically you knew where you stood with him which was good.

Niko was also a nice guy, but that didn't ruin the game according to you, so maybe you are slightly biased in your point of view?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Well, Vic was just from a poor family and his reason to do all the crime was to pay for his brother's medical treatment. He would join the army in order to make money "legally" but since his sergeant screwed up everything, he had no choice but to be a criminal in order to get money.

Although he didn't feel like selling drugs while with Lance, he was forced to do it. During The Audition, he would smash Lance's face through the window if it wasn't for the robbers who stole the scene and his attention. And since Lance had f*cked it up and "started" the mission they were going to, Vic's only choice was to help him in order to avoid any trouble.

In "From Zero to Hero", he is convinced by Lance because he claims that the drugs belong to Martinez and Vic would do anything to piss off that bastard. Afterwards they never make a deal again (although Vic works for others like Diaz and Gonzales while helping them with drug trafficking but that's only because of the payment and none of it concerns him because if anyone gets into trouble it's the ones who employ him with the work.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

Blah blah blah and we all know who is the winner.. GTA Vice City xD,if there is no gta vice city there will be no vice city stories biggrin.gif

arin71094
  • arin71094

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

I would say that vc would be a better because of the story but vcs has a lot more to do because of the vehicles and i also liked how the cars looked R* did a great job with the rims but I would have to say that vc is better

ZombieFrogger
  • ZombieFrogger

Hail Mastermind!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Aug 14 2008, 16:31)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 14 2008, 17:25)
Vic was always angry, but I liked that in him, the fact that he was always serious and he had such a poor family forcing him to deal drugs in case he wanted Pete to get the medical treatment needed. But he didn't actually want to deal and when he finished his job in VCS he left town and got out of the business.

TONI CIPRIANI which is his name, was pretty cool but he didn't have any skills, he was a funny comedian though and serious.

CJ is full of character - humor, happy, angry, whining, emotion and all - he's the only protagonist who smiled averagely.

Tommy - got on my nerves with his whining, Lance is friendly to him and he just shows a crying face all the time - that's the reason Lance betrayed him (even though it was a dumb choice from him.)

Claude - a mute snake without a tongue who didn't have any emotion and always the same face without one single sound from his mouth who just killed for money and 'revenge'.

Same here, thats the reason why I didn't like Tommy, don't think Tommy is even happy once in the game. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Claude had sound he grunted when shot.But was hard to warm up to the character because he didnt communicate depsite the occasional grunt.Claude was fun to play as.

Carl Johnson just whinned alot and was easily forced into things such as working for Mike Toreno when he could of just shot him and all the worries would of gone, and The fact that he easily Enterd and Exited a highly guarded military base was too much for me.Carl Johnson was a character you can warm up to and you can easily customise him to your needs aswell.

Victor Vance was angry way too much, I can understand the pressure that he had on him with petes health and all but did he realy have to be angry all the time, i mean look at toni cipriani his mother constantly bitched to him to be a man and he didnt get angry.Victor had a great character and showed great promise in VCS, he could of been the best rival to Tommy Vercetti if he Wasnt dead (I know its debatable, sorry for spelling).

Tommy Vercetti was forced into things way too easily, He always carryed on about things. Tommy vercetti has to be my favrouite character after Huang Lee, simply because tommy was fun to play as, he just seemed like a Hero compaired to all other characters despite the Murders and drugs, and He was like Tony Montana which was kickass.
So My Favrouite is Vice City

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users