Quantcast

» «
Photo

--The Official Saints Row II Thread--

1,225 replies to this topic
The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

ScratchCard, I'm holding you personally responsible if this turns out to be a bad idea tounge.gif I've bought it, and it's now downloading. Hum ho.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

f*ck I hate Australian internet. I can't use the regular servers to download, so I have to use a filter to use only the two quota-free servers available (3FL NSW and WA). The download won't even start properly. Ugh.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:18 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 16 October 2009 - 04:46 PM.

Just bought it for 3 pounds. Hahahahahaha holy sh*t. What.a.sh*tty.game.

It's like the developers aren't aware of a thing called "physics". It's impossible to turn in this game, there's no fluidity what so ever. Cars are like trains going at 70mph and turn like a paranoid fly on drugs.

Not worth the money, it's this cheap for a reason.

Has some nice concepts however, it would be awesome if somehow Rockstar and Volition teamed to make a sandbox game.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

You just have to use the hand break to actually go round corners when you're going fast. Still I know what you mean about the car physics but overall I still find the game very entertaining.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:51 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 16 October 2009 - 10:05 PM.

WORST f*cking gaming experience of my ENTIRE LIFE. I'm NOT joking.

I feel bad for ever comparing this to GTA - this isn't even as good as true crime.

Bought it last night, played it for a few hours - the WORST driving experience of all time. The UGLIEST models - Amateurish art. sh*t for detail. FLOATING BRIDGES that dont even go into the water - WTF. This game is a POS and I advise everyone out there to steer clear.

HORRIBLE purchase and I will be contacting them personally to tell them about themselves. This was not worth the $7.50 I got it for on steam. And they knew it before they even released this atrocity. Was the first game like this? WTF HOW do people actually like this game?

sh*t-slinging activity is retarded.

"would you rather...." YES, I would f*cking rather play PONG than this piece of crap.

It DOES have some nice concepts and moments where I go "oh, that's cool how they did that" but NOTHING that even begins to redeem the sh*tstorm of sh*t that the rest of the game is.

EVERY thing they said "IV doesnt have" when they were sh*tting on rockstar is all the sh*t that shouldn't even be in the game and sucks to play around with. Would you rather, indeed.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

Personally I loved the game. I couldn't give a damn about the driving after you get used to using the hand break around corners at high speed and just generally stop making it out like it should be something else. Again, I personally thought it was so much more fun to play (and kept me entertained longer) than a lot of games I've played.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:36 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 16 October 2009 - 10:41 PM.

I really don't know how, dude. I really don't. It looks horrible. It's like the Sims 2, without good graphics. I'm not kidding, i see it and I go "wait, why does that badly animated sim have a gun?"

It's not just a hand brake thing, either. This game's drving mechanic is severely f*cked. They are not even on GTA III car level - they drive full speed almost instantly and the camera omfg the camera.

The whole game, I have played for 2 hours and I can literally talk ALL DAY about how tasteless it is and how sh*tty it's mechanics are and how badly it lags when driving (this is NOT a problem with my system, EVERYONE who plays on PC has horrible lag in the bloom+driving).

AS I play it I wonder "how do they like this?" and "Who actually calls this a game?" It's like you control a wrestler-game player, drive in sh*t ass fake cars, in a fake ass town, with like 3 cars on the road at a time.

Saints Row should have been done before GTA. They are ridiculous. No wonder they had to attack Rockstar to sell this piece of sh*t.

I'm calling it now: Anyone out there who likes this game is either in it for the fake ass gangster bullsh*t in it or under the age of 18. Mark my words, anyone over 18 and not some corny ass home boy can't stand this game. The homeboys and the kids, I'm sure, are the Only people who enjoyed this game - and they probably didn't even enjoy it. It's that bad. This game is THAT BAD.

Only fake/latent homeboys and snot nosed punk kids like this game, and everyone else is appalled. I guarantee. I am DISGUSTED that this was released commercially. I am f*cking DISGUSTED by this atrocity.

I recommend everyone out ther RENT this game and SCRATCH it before you return it. WORST game of ALL TIME (except for desert bus)

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

I'm over 18 and I enjoy the game. Hell I'm even a girl and I like the game and not because of the gangster theme. I guess its just personal opinion but really, if you don't like the game stop playing it and uninstall it.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:42 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 16 October 2009 - 10:45 PM.

QUOTE ($RebelG @ Oct 16 2009, 18:41)
I'm over 18 and I enjoy the game. Hell I'm even a girl and I like the game and not because of the gangster theme. I guess its just personal opinion but really, if you don't like the game stop playing it and uninstall it.

That makes PERFECT sense! I KNEW it! This is girl's GTA! I told my friends on teamspeak last night "This is like, gay. It's for girls or some sh*t. they want me to f*cking buy furniture and dress up. Sims with guns."

The clothes, the dress up, the furniture for your "crib", the fact that it is sims with english and guns - and you turn out to be a girl!

Rephrase: Only fake thugs, kids, and girls like this game.

I bought the game, this is the topic to discuss it, I'm going to discuss the game, and I am disgusted by it. You help make it or something? Honestly HOW do you like this puke?

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Oct 16 2009, 22:42)
QUOTE ($RebelG @ Oct 16 2009, 18:41)

That makes sense! I KNEW it! This is girl's GTA!!!!

The clothes, the dress up, the furniture for your "crib", the fact that it is sims with english and guns - and you turn out to be a girl!

Rephrase: Only fake thugs, kids, and girls like this game.

Well I think you're wrong since I know a lot of other people enjoy the game that aren't female. Its not even the fact its like the Sims. Its just because its fun and its not at all serious and trying to dig into some huge tug at your heart storyline that I really couldn't give a sh*t about (although I don't give a sh*t about this storyline much) Not to mention a lot of the cheats are highly amusing.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:48 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 16 October 2009 - 10:55 PM.

but it isnt even an enjoyable experience. It does not feel like you're driving a car, it DEFINITLEY does not feel like you are shooting guns or/at people. EVERYTHING feels plastic or just plain wrong. EVERYTHING except the map, which is just purely ugly and boring and flat omg is it flat...

It looks like sims, sounds like fake ass thugs, lets you dress up and buy furniture - it's barbie with a gun...

I played the game they tried to make. I played the game they dissed to try and make this onem, way back in 2004. It was called "San Andreas" then, it was 100 times better. I have never in my life been so disappointed with a purchase - I'm serious, I shoulda stole it.

This is the saints row 2 topic, right? This is where I will discuss how horrible this game is with others who agree how horrible this game is. I'm tempted to play it JUST t see how bad it stays through the whole thing - it's bad. I think I will finish it just to be able to have a complete picture of how crap this game is. Now THAT is a bad game - to make you want to play just because you are that disgusted with it and need to see "does it REALLY think itself is an acceptable game? Why?"

Rebel, please, if you can, save this game for me - tell me something that isn't sh*tty in it or stolen from other games (in which those games did it well, and this one did it horribly). Please, save this game, I want to enjoy it, but it is horrible so far.

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Oct 16 2009, 22:48)
It does not feel like you're driving a car, it DEFINITLEY does not feel like you are shooting guns or/at people. EVERYTHING feels plastic or just plain wrong.

That's the whole point of Saints Row 2 in fairness.

It's completely identical to a rubber chicken joke. You'll either get a laugh out of it. Or you'll interpret it as a puerile mess, before leaving to tune in to an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, or something else a little more sophisticated.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

39% left to download. Thank you for getting my hopes up, SuperMortalHuman. tounge.gif

RATEDR307
  • RATEDR307

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:09 AM

lol.gif I remember this game. It made me appreciate GTA IV so much after I played this pile of sh*t. I can't believe I actually got $20 for it on Ebay.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:45 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 October 2009 - 04:09 AM.

supermortalhuman does make alot of points. For me SR2 had a lasting appeal of about 2 months. I never even bothered finishing the story either it was that bad. See the difference between SR2, and SA is SA was alteast made with a bit of class, and dignity. I can still play SA now, and the whole game feels "timeless" like GTA III, and VC. SR2 IMO has already been outdated.

Just about everything in SR2 is childish, and I think the humor is pretty bad too not to mention the characters. I think Johnny Gat is a bigger wanker than Ryder, and that's saying something because I can't stand Ryder.

I actually feel embarrased when I used to think it was better than GTA IV. I really hope SR3 brings a different approach. I don't want to see another street gang meets Barbie, Sims game.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

I know, this game is f*cking terrible!
I hate not being able to take friends out bowling or sit though a helicopter tour.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Oct 17 2009, 15:07)
I know, this game is f*cking terrible!
I hate not being able to take friends out bowling or sit though a helicopter tour.

What a surprise. Possibly the biggest SR2 fanboy making sarcastic posts again.

Did supermortalhuman's post make you cry, because he gave an honest opinion on your precious SR2?

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:15 AM Edited by Futurama_Freak1, 17 October 2009 - 04:19 AM.

No, actually. I just laughed because his opinions were expressed in a manner that seemed childish where as his game of preference is much more sophisticated.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:19 AM

I don't think it was that childish. No different than the countless f*ckwits that have trolled the GTA IV forum ever since it came out.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

And thus the repeats the cycle.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:36 AM

Saints Row 2 = What GTA IV should of been, instead of "CAZAN, LETS GO SEE BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES!"

Honestly, Non-realistic crime = fun, realistic crime (Or as realistic as GTA IV is) = Boring.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:14 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 October 2009 - 05:21 AM.

No it shouldn't have been. GTA IV is fine without the level of stupidity that SR2 has.

Honestly SR2 is fun for a little while then I realize how incredibly stale it really is. Just proves my opinion that quality beats quantity hands down. SR2 has more features, but most of them are very poorly implemented.

Had the game had some production values instead of being rushed just to try, and beat R* I might have more respect for it. The game is a poor man's version of SA, and has the fun factor of a stale bottle of piss IMO.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:06 AM

I bought this game on Sunday night and returned it the next morning. It was f*cking awful, nothing was great, the cars look like sh*t, the physics are sh*t. Graphics look like crap.

San Andreas > Saint Rows Series anyday. Play GTA 4 and then Play SR2, my God is there an enormous difference.

Luckily I bought it used, returned it and just payed 3 dollars more for a new Midnight Club L.A : Complete Edition, now that's worth the money.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:06 AM

It must be a pretty groovy colored bottle.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

lol @ GTA Fanboys

I like SR2. When GTA IV get's boring, I play SR. When SR gets boring, I play GTA IV

Thats why its good to have both

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:53 AM Edited by [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man], 17 October 2009 - 06:56 AM.

I had so much more fun with SR2 then GTA IV.

I had both games since launch (April 08 for IV and October 08 for SR2) Around January I looked at boths games total playing time and i had reached 60 hours for both. 60 in a span 9 months for IV and only 3 for SR2.

I just really loved SR2. Its the zaniness that I love. Now dont get me wrong I enjoyed IV but not as much as I would have liked. Now I'll be clear in saying it wasn't the realistic-ness that turned me off per-se so much as it was the controls. Niko controls a little to stiff.

The aiming (the free-aiming) felt to stiff and while it works in games like RE4 and Gears Of War in which your just shooting at 3-4 enemies while going down a linear path, using this in a free-roaming game where theres enemy all sides of you (and that fact Niko is default walking and having to awkwardly move my index finger on to the A button to aim, run and shoot at the same time) really shows that its not used for free-roaming open areas. Maybe if Niko ran default it would have been less bothersome aswell as if he could take more damage. I loved SR's use of First Person Controls with a third person game. A lock on feature in SR like in GTA would have been nice.

I rectly picked up a PS2 and GTA SA and I love it like SR. Its zany, crazy and the shooting controls are nice. They both (IV and SA) use the lock-on system which I like using in SA. I dont think i used it in GTA IV because the game would do the over he shoulder view which limited my view and Niko doesnt walk as fast.
In SA i can lock on to a cop with an Uzi and circle strafe around them at running speed. Also the free aim controls (while not as smooth as SR) are IMO better then GTA IV free aim.

For those who hate the game (SR2) for its 'Bad' Graphics. Get a better arguement.

Gameplay > Graphics.

IMO SR2 had better graphics then GTA IV. At least in my experiance. When I played GTA IV 360 through the VGA cables to my LCD monitor it looked like a messy-ass oil pastel painting and felt like my eye-sight was going. The game looked great on my SD -TV though. (So this is probably just a personal set up issue. But IV still has that filter and why no option to turn off who knows.)

Now to make this eem less-fanboyish Im not saying SR2 had not fauilts of its own.

I can agree with all that the driving is not the best. IV's driving was better.

Glitches. More specific the freezing. I remember when I played it for the first time after I bought it it froze. Ironically it did just as I said to myself enough for now gonna have dinner.

The unlimmited ammo unlocks. Now this is what made the game eve more fun but it also made the game easier. It also falls in to the trap of 'Im getting tons of money but have nothing to spend it on!' With the barrage of cool stuff you can do that nets you money you would think you could spend it on weapons to keep you going.

Traffic ( or lack of), One thing I liked about IV was the sheer amount of Cars on screen. Theres was rarely a moment in the game where I was on a street and couldn't see a car (parked or driving). I remember in SR1 and it was also in SR2 moments in the game where there was no cars on the street. Even in bustling downtown areas there was like 1 or 2 cars at any given moment.

Pop In or Out. Went to a high point of a building, saw some people on the ground, got my sniper-rifle zommed in on them and they dissapeared like i could see them fade out. WTF? why have a sniper-rifle if I can't snipe?

Hopefuly some of these issues are fixed in the GTA neXt and SR3.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:16 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 17 October 2009 - 08:23 AM.

QUOTE (Machida @ Oct 16 2009, 18:59)
It does not feel like you're driving a car, it DEFINITLEY does not feel like you are shooting guns or/at people. EVERYTHING feels plastic or just plain wrong.

It's completely identical to a rubber chicken joke. You'll either get a laugh out of it. Or you'll interpret it as a puerile mess, before leaving to tune in to an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, or something else a little more sophisticated.

With THAT being said, I will see it though to the end - I will look at it like this, and hope to derive some pleasure. So far it's like a game made for me to mock it, I hope it redeems by personifying the quality on it's own then tounge.gif

How you making out now Horror?

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

Woah that's a long debate.

Overall, I think Saints Row 2 would have been kick ass if the game used GTA IV's engine. Player customization is awesome, as well as the chop shop/crib upgrade/zombie video game/picking up random things and throwing them.

If GTA IV had that, it would be the perfect game. Saints Row seriously needs an engine overhaul and some huge ass optimization. It actually manages to lag and stutter uncontrollably on my system, where as GTA IV runs smoothly, and IV is a sh*tty port.

SR2 had a lot of potential, the stuff that you can do is what I was expectinbg out of GTA, but both games fail. One has a sh*tty and glitchy engine, the other is boring as hell.

There's no justice in the world. sad.gif

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Oct 17 2009, 08:16)
QUOTE (Machida @ Oct 16 2009, 18:59)

With THAT being said, I will see it though to the end - I will look at it like this, and hope to derive some pleasure. So far it's like a game made for me to mock it, I hope it redeems by personifying the quality on it's own then tounge.gif

How you making out now Horror?

It finally downloaded, and it actually runs okay. Graphics are sh*t, but looking at screenshots, I highly doubt they could get too much better, so I'm okay with that. My only performance problem is the uncurable stuttering when driving. It kinda ruins the experience, but other than that, the game is good fun. I've finished the six FUZZ levels, and got up to level 4 on Crowd Control before calling it quits (too hard). Worth the original $50? No. Worth $12.50? Yes. I'll definitely keep playing it until I get sick and tired of it (after finishing the story), then I'll move onto something else and probably never touch it again tounge.gif

One concern is the fact that I never played the original Saints Row, so I dunno what the f*ck the other characters are referring to when they talk about past events.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE ([GTA Man)
cycon77foamy[GTA Man],Oct 17 2009, 06:53] i had reached 60 hours for both

I have a total of 70 hours for GTA IV, and a total of 335 hours for SR2.. ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users