Photo

--The Official Saints Row II Thread--

1,225 replies to this topic
DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

I love the references to Red Faction, by having ultor in this game.

I'm certainly going to get this, I've been looking foward to it for a while, sure psychics and graphics aren't up to IV standards, But it certainly will have a lot of weapons, and cars and overall a load of fun sh*t to do. Loving the customisation in this. I played the first one round my mates house, it was ok, but this one looks much better.

RATEDR307
  • RATEDR307

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

This game looks so awesome I am so getting it.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

This game looks fun. I probably will refrain from getting it though until I get some other games but I'll get it none the less.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (DemonKing @ Aug 18 2008, 10:46)

God I was wondering why that name was familiar, now it makes sense! wow.gif

This game should be fun if anything, what was that about the PC version being delayed?

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 18 2008, 02:51)
QUOTE (DemonKing @ Aug 18 2008, 10:46)

God I was wondering why that name was familiar, now it makes sense! wow.gif

This game should be fun if anything, what was that about the PC version being delayed?

is red faction a good game?
I have never played it just heard about it, its a shooter isn't it. and ultor is in red faction 2 if i have looked on wikipedia correctly. biggrin.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

Can't wait for the game. Plus it will be a little bit cheaper by the time I come home in December so its an early christmas present for me.

Juice By Kayla Marie
  • Juice By Kayla Marie

space vision; blast off

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

I'm thinking about renting it when it comes out to see if I like it since I never played the first one, Do you think I should play the first one before I rent it or would I just be able to go into the 2ed one?

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Juice By Kayla Marie @ Aug 19 2008, 06:04)
I'm thinking about renting it when it comes out to see if I like it since I never played the first one, Do you think I should play the first one before I rent it or would I just be able to go into the 2ed one?

i dunno, yeh i suppse, but u dont hav to really just do some research, i have played the first one heaps, but i have never finished it (im on ps3). so i just did a bit of research.
but, i would sorta recommend renting the first one. its a good play.

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Juice By Kayla Marie @ Aug 18 2008, 22:04)

I don't think there's a whole lot of continuity story-wise so you wouldn't be lost...not that the Saint's Row story has any depth to it anyway.

I'd just rent the second one when it comes out since it'll just be a bigger, better version of the original.

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

After watching those videos I'm quickly regretting getting my speakers fixed. GTA for the MTV wannabe gangster audience much?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

Unlike the GTA franchise, Saints Row seems to be playing out as a true series, with them all actually relating to each other, following on from the previous one, not jumping to a completley different location that has absolutely nothing to do with any of the other games, so you probably will need to know some background information before Saints 2. The guy that breaks out of prison with you (Carlos) probably tells you everything you need to know after you escape on the boat however.

I also don't know why people are overreacting to released trailers, if you don't like it then just don't watch the f*cking videos.

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I'm a sucker for customazition.
THQ and Volition - thanks for releasing this game on PC.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

Did I see him throwing someone at a running jet engine?

I'll buy it, f*ck it if it sucks.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

After playing IV that is pretty lol worthy.

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

I lol'd at 01.21. The player hit the jail guard in the nuts, but the jail guard was a girl...

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Ruthless @ Aug 19 2008, 08:33)
I lol'd at 01.21. The player hit the jail guard in the nuts, but the jail guard was a girl...

It would still hurt. Maybe its the clit that hurts.

I'll be renting this game before anything. Had fun with the first one. Getting high and drunk and then blowing up the gas station. Have to check out how much more you can do in SR2.

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:33 PM Edited by Starion, 19 August 2008 - 05:36 PM.

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Aug 19 2008, 17:10)
-vid-

After playing IV that is pretty lol worthy.

The trailers really made the game look better than it was.

I think this game will be average at best. The gameplay in that video looked pretty medicore to say the least. It looked like Saints Row 1 on crack with all the tweaked combat and stuff.

I might still buy it though. sad.gif

But this is a lesson for people to learn. Millions of features with no real good core gameplay mechanics is always a fail.

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Ruthless @ Aug 19 2008, 10:09)

Same here, mate. That's one of the reasons I'm gonna get this game: the customization. icon14.gif Its so deep (Probably deeper than SR1, obviously), unlike GTA IV. rolleyes.gif That pissed me off, the very low level of customization in IV. But, I still liked it. icon14.gif

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

The gameplay looks as though it's going to annoy the tits off you. Looks clumbsy and pretty unresponsive, I fear my TV screen may get a PS3 controller shaped hole in the middle of it ...

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Machida @ Aug 19 2008, 10:11)
The gameplay looks as though it's going to annoy the tits off you. Looks clumbsy and pretty unresponsive, I fear my TV screen may get a PS3 controller shaped hole in the middle of it ...

I'm sure just like with GTA IV, we'll just have to get used to the controls.

You remember how many kids came onto the forum complaining about the Vehicle controls when IV came out?

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (beavis @ Aug 19 2008, 18:14)

You remember how many kids came onto the forum complaining about the Vehicle controls when IV came out?

It appears to be the overall physics of the game rather than the controlls. The characters look blocky, slow and don't seem to move very fluently.
One of those games where you can never get your character to move as freely as you would like.

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (xNamexTakenx @ Aug 19 2008, 19:56)

Same here, mate. That's one of the reasons I'm gonna get this game: the customization. icon14.gif Its so deep (Probably deeper than SR1, obviously), unlike GTA IV. rolleyes.gif That pissed me off, the very low level of customization in IV. But, I still liked it. icon14.gif

In SR2 you can customize your clothes (alot more that SR), car, gang, crib and maybe weapons.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Machida @ Aug 19 2008, 19:28)
QUOTE (beavis @ Aug 19 2008, 18:14)

It appears to be the overall physics of the game rather than the controlls. The characters look blocky, slow and don't seem to move very fluently.
One of those games where you can never get your character to move as freely as you would like.

This.

I was thinking SR2 would be atleast decent to play, yeah it has alot of stuff in it but after watching pathetic gameplay like that I think I'll skip it.

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Ruthless @ Aug 19 2008, 14:28)
QUOTE (xNamexTakenx @ Aug 19 2008, 19:56)

In SR2 you can customize your clothes (alot more that SR), car, gang, crib and maybe weapons.

Not to mention your character's look, gender, etc. as well as gang signs and gang tags. devil.gif This is gonna be one hell of a game, IMO.

You guys just need to give SR2 a chance. Sure, its graphics don't match up to GTA IV's, but we don't know if SR2 will actually suck or not. It may turn up to be very good. But, I wonder why it doesn't have good graphics. Its coming out for next-gen consoles, and yet it doesn't look as good as IV (Graphics-wise). Even SR1's graphics weren't that good.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

Im replaying SR again, I love this game.

Im confused though, is the map going to be the exact same as the first SR?

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Aug 20 2008, 08:52)
Im replaying SR again, I love this game.

Im confused though, is the map going to be the exact same as the first SR?

Yes, the location is Stillwater, but it has changed alot, just like Liberty city.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (xNamexTakenx @ Aug 19 2008, 19:13)
Not to mention your character's look, gender, etc. as well as gang signs and gang tags. devil.gif This is gonna be one hell of a game, IMO.

You guys just need to give SR2 a chance. Sure, its graphics don't match up to GTA IV's, but we don't know if SR2 will actually suck or not. It may turn up to be very good. But, I wonder why it doesn't have good graphics. Its coming out for next-gen consoles, and yet it doesn't look as good as IV (Graphics-wise). Even SR1's graphics weren't that good.

Supposedly that was the look they were going for. I've been posting on the SR2 official forum for a while and it's weird cause the mods are q&a testers and one of them claims that SR2's graphics are better then GTA IV (which I disagree lol). Anyway for all the customization in the first one...how unique was every person's character? No matter how much you tweaked it, you usually ended up looking like one of your friends. The gang customization is picking what style they are (80's, pimps and hoes). The home customization seems alright, but doesn't seem to be something you'd miss if it was taken out.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

Well, a good thing about low-quality graphics is that it's harder to see the small things wrong with a lot of models. I could easily find misplaced polygons on any of the cars in Grand Theft Auto IV just by moving my camera around the car. Though, I don't like how the cars in the cutscenes are about half the quality of the normal in-game cars. Honestly, they look like LOD models.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:02 AM

New Trailer

xNamexTakenx
  • xNamexTakenx

Demonik

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:12 AM

That was one sick trailer! All the gang trailers are awesome. I'm really anticipating this game, now!

EDIT: If you are too lazy to click on the link, here is the Youtube video embedded:

Enjoy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users